Finding that perfect smelting ratio spread sheet

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

doc776@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Finding that perfect smelting ratio spread sheet

Post by doc776@gmail.com »

Hi, I am not the best with excel but i really wanted to find a good ratio for smelting while running bobs, angel and marathon. See smelting with angel you can make more with less provided you have lots of room and energy but also requires a tone of machinery (for marathon atleast).

Here is a small spreadsheet for smelting iron:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... pJAJWu1v4s
(numbers are so much more pretty with out marathon)

It calculates the (processed iron -> pellets -> ingots -> molten iron -> iron plates) tree on demand starting from the processed iron plants given with out deficit (only overhead). Simply remove the formula in far left column and you can enter your custom number of machines to see how much stuff you can make.
The +- column show how many machines you have too many for next step and how many machines you can squeeze in for the amount of resources available. So it will always say with have too many machines for processed iron since it doesn't calculate how many ore sorters we need; and it will say we are over producing iron plates since there is no other machine hat uses plates added to the spreadsheet.

Looking at ratio with out deficit or mixing mk1/2/3: starting with 1 iron processing you get like 1:4.33 iron:plates. When i ramped up to 3 of those i saw 1:4.93. And best one i saw was having 17 iron processing machines that if utilized fully, you get 1:4.99. Of course simply adding 1 or 2 mk2/3 can give you maximum ratio starting from only 1 iron processing machine.

I will expand on this with other smelting/processing for personal use and I am sure others might wanna use it for their OCD tendencies.

ps: Did you know you can get about 35% net gain by growing trees and processing them for fuel bricks for power. I mean if you got tone of room and dont feel like sucking up the sunlight or playing with uranium.. sure. Ill post spread sheet later. :D (bob's, angel,marathon of course)

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Finding that perfect smelting ratio spread sheet

Post by ukezi »

well that is quite nice. You know we have the smelting ratios and build thread where I worked that out already. The Spreadsheet is in my signature.

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

Try my mod :D see it in my signature

doc776@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by doc776@gmail.com »

ooh tnx, was still fun to write it up and learn it