Swimming in Quartz

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Innomin8
Inserter
Inserter

Swimming in Quartz

Post by Innomin8 »

Hey,

I don't know if there's a good option for this, but I've found that Quartz is way too plentiful. I'm still in the mid game of Bob's (just made green circuits) and I've got a nearly full ore silo of Quartz, and the stack size is 2000. That's over 200,000 quartz, while still struggling on other ores. Perhaps the ore outputs of Quartz could be put to less than 1 on the ore sorting? Is there some other process to use mass amounts of Quartz?

Thanks

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Swimming in Quartz

Post by Light »

Quartz is plentiful in the early game, but this will start to even out when you start making more Transistors, CPUs, and Silicon Nitrite.

Silicon will be burned rather quickly for Science Pack 4, Tier 6+ modules and Mk4 robots. Which depending on the size of your factory, may further incentivize you to actually add quartz to Angel's smelting line to get even more out of it.

The only thing you may be swimming in during the late game will be gems, given the multipliers related to creating gemstones turn a couple geodes into hundreds of gems. If the ore line is large enough, you'll need plenty of warehouses to stock up on polished gems. (They also use silicon to grind the gems too!)

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

Light wrote:Quartz is plentiful in the early game, but this will start to even out when you start making more Transistors, CPUs, and Silicon Nitrite.

Silicon will be burned rather quickly for Science Pack 4, Tier 6+ modules and Mk4 robots. Which depending on the size of your factory, may further incentivize you to actually add quartz to Angel's smelting line to get even more out of it.

The only thing you may be swimming in during the late game will be gems, given the multipliers related to creating gemstones turn a couple geodes into hundreds of gems. If the ore line is large enough, you'll need plenty of warehouses to stock up on polished gems. (They also use silicon to grind the gems too!)
OR filter gem slurry into mineral sludge. It works too. OR use less efficient geode crushing for more basic items. Actually slurry is most efficent thing for storage, as you may use it as power body in one small flap using either pump or overflow valve and send it to boiler ten steam engine to power your factory. Next version though may make this method unusable due to Slurry may not have steam state, and steam not used up anyway and is condensed back into liquid.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

Innomin8 wrote:Hey,

I don't know if there's a good option for this, but I've found that Quartz is way too plentiful. I'm still in the mid game of Bob's (just made green circuits) and I've got a nearly full ore silo of Quartz, and the stack size is 2000. That's over 200,000 quartz, while still struggling on other ores. Perhaps the ore outputs of Quartz could be put to less than 1 on the ore sorting? Is there some other process to use mass amounts of Quartz?

Thanks
Green circuits? If you've got green circuits, you're missing out on the circuit part of the mod which makes all the circuits much more complicated. It's...kinda the core of Bob's.

...Unless you mean electronic logic boards, in which case you're more in the late game than the mid game.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

In my opinion void chest mod is practically necessary with Bob's and Angel's mods. There are so much side products that everything is impossible to balance when the base grows and needs change. At least I do not want to store hundreds of thousands of items which I get very cheaply later if I need.

Innomin8
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Innomin8 »

fractalman wrote: ...Unless you mean electronic logic boards, in which case you're more in the late game than the mid game.

In Bob's, those are green circuits to me :P

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

Innomin8 wrote:
fractalman wrote: ...Unless you mean electronic logic boards, in which case you're more in the late game than the mid game.

In Bob's, those are green circuits to me :P
Yeah, you're in the late game at that point.

Return to “Angels Mods”