(0.3.1) Angel's Ores - Bobs Ores Flowcharts

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Psawhn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

(0.3.1) Angel's Ores - Bobs Ores Flowcharts

Post by Psawhn »

I've found the flowchart in viewtopic.php?f=93&t=24906 to be a little hard to read, especially if you have trouble memorizing the various fluid types. Viewing the recipes in-game is often no help when the recipe creates multiple products as it won't give you the text of each product.

So I've made some charts for each stage of refining to the bob's mod ores.

Gems are easier to figure out in-game, and I'm not using them for lasers anyway, so processes related to creating gems aren't shown. I also haven't listed the process of crystallizing mineral sludge to metal ores, as I' ran out of room and it's simple enough to read from the in-game GUI.

There are a lot of images, so I'm only embedding the legend and linking to the imgur album itself.

http://imgur.com/a/pRYew

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: (0.3.1) Angel's Ores - Bobs Ores Flowcharts

Post by aklesey1 »

Its good, and we'll need something similar for Pertrochem mod - there are may many entangled recipies, I'm still confused in some recipies :?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You are awesome! These look really good and informative at the same time. If you are ok with this I will link them in the mod on the modportal next time i update.

Psawhn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Psawhn »

You're more than welcome to! I'll be glad if people find it useful.

binarygamer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by binarygamer »

This is fantastic! I've been trying to model Angels Ores in spreadsheet form, but it gets a bit messy as soon as I deviated from the refining/sorting line. Your flowcharts are better.

One inaccuracy I noticed is your depiction of combo (catalytic) sorting.
  • "Crushed Ores" Combo Sorting requires a brown catalyst
  • "Chunks" and "Crystals" Combo Sorting requires various colored catalysts (alien artifact based)
  • "Purified Ores" Combo Sorting requires multiple catalysts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

binarygamer wrote:This is fantastic! I've been trying to model Angels Ores in spreadsheet form, but it gets a bit messy as soon as I deviated from the refining/sorting line. Your flowcharts are better.

One inaccuracy I noticed is your depiction of combo (catalytic) sorting.
  • "Crushed Ores" Combo Sorting requires a brown catalyst
  • "Chunks" and "Crystals" Combo Sorting requires various colored catalysts (alien artifact based)
  • "Purified Ores" Combo Sorting requires multiple catalysts
Only if you use the processing mod will it require the colored catalysts, with just the refining mod it will only require the brown catalyst ones.

Gazer75
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gazer75 »

Any chance you could merge these into printable A4 size images? Would be very nice to have ;)

jcranmer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jcranmer »

Man, that's a nice flowchart. I started doing my own work on making sense of the processing but got caught up on linear algebra (I never realized just how much I'd forgotten of that). I've convinced myself that the underlying problem would be equivalent to ILP in the field of integers, which means it reduces to linear programming and not something easy like eigenvalues (well, scipy does have a simplex solver builtin, so I could still play around with that, but time-consuming). (The underlying goal is to figure out the optimal process for producing specific combinations of raw ores, especially since I didn't realize it was possible to get pure ore for things other than Fe/Cu).

Another note: is it intentional that robot mining of rocks doesn't produce the geodes? If it's not, you could probably fix that by adding the geodes to the loot property.

binarygamer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by binarygamer »

jcranmer wrote:The underlying goal is to figure out the optimal process for producing specific combinations of raw ores, especially since I didn't realize it was possible to get pure ore for things other than Fe/Cu.
Check out my spreadsheets! Same raw data as these flowcharts, but I'm more focused on optimisation rather than ease of understanding.

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=32901

It's still a work-in-progress, so if you have specific tables in mind that could be useful, let me know and I'll add them.

Some wisdom regarding what you desire: it's possible to run a base with 100% mined ore => raw ore conversion rate. The final stage of refining, thermal refining, requires catalysts. Catalysts require mineral sludge. Mineral sludge can be generated from slag, crushed stone, and geodes. Running out of mineral sludge for catalysts is never going to be an issue - even converting a fraction of your crushed stone to sludge is sufficient to run your base. If you sort immediately after crushing, you generate 25% slag. Hydro and chemical refining reduce the fraction of slag generated; thermal refining brings it down to zero. With your excess mineral sludge, you can crystallize directly to raw ores, but this is about 40% as efficient as using catalysts to prevent the slag from being generated in the first place.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Speaking of flowcharts, what was the program Angel used to make the old image of all the gases and oil industry products in in the petrochem mod?

jo2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jo2k »

I guess it's yEd: http://www.yworks.com/products/yed

There are similarities to my graph: viewtopic.php?p=219736#p219736

Return to “Angels Mods”