Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Light »

Angel, I'm pretty sure that Advanced Metallurgy 4 and Ore Processing 3 are supposed to be swapped in the tech tree.

As I begin making my titanium smelting line, I have all the titanium smelting tech finished before I can even process the ore. Plus unlocking the Mk4 ore processing machine before the Mk3 is unlocked.
It was quite a funny oversight that confused the hell out of me once I got to work on it yet couldn't process the ores from the start.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Requia wrote:All of the latest... I don't have Bob's Power (it trips a realism tick for me to have efficiencies that high), since others do let me try installing that and see what happens.

Edit: no change, but noticed something odd, the tech tooltip says bobwarfare > angelspetrochem > bobwarfare, is that what other people have? Should just be bobwarfare > angelspetrochem

Though if nobody else is getting the issue (I assumed it just was an unpopular tech) I may as well just give it to myself with the console it and ignore the rest.
Could you post your whole mod list and a screenshot of the tech perhaps?

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Code: Select all

icon = "__Nucular__/graphics/icons/uranium-ore-icon.png"
Kindly fix this to use the icon from the item definition instead of a hard-coded path. That way it won't cause Factorio to fail to load when another mod (for example, mine) adds uranium-ore. I'm very much sick of receiving bug reports for Reactors because of this.

Really you shouldn't be using hard-coded paths to resources from any other mod, even ones you have dependencies for.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

GotLag wrote:

Code: Select all

icon = "__Nucular__/graphics/icons/uranium-ore-icon.png"
Kindly fix this to use the icon from the item definition instead of a hard-coded path. That way it won't cause Factorio to fail to load when another mod (for example, mine) adds uranium-ore. I'm very much sick of receiving bug reports for Reactors because of this.

Really you shouldn't be using hard-coded paths to resources from any other mod, even ones you have dependencies for.
I'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, I need to change all the override I do to use the functions so things like that dont happen. Or just redefine the whole item.

Keridos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Keridos »

Question: Why can't I put productivity modules into any angels mods machine apparently?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Keridos wrote:Question: Why can't I put productivity modules into any angels mods machine apparently?
My guess is that it's because they'd trivialize production. At highest level you'd be able to chain together over half a dozen steps from ore to plates meaning you'll multiply ores by several times.

If you still want to use them, just get the productivity triggering mod. It's in mod portal.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

well if you use max level bobs prod moduls in all the steps of refining alone you get 80% per stage and 1889% over all. with the caster chain you go up to 35704%

Keridos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Keridos »

I meant the petrochem mostly, they are huge machines, pretty slow and you need A LOT of them to make plastic in big amounts, a few productivity upgrades would not do much there. You can add productivity upgrades to all steps for plastic in vanilla factorio, so why not enable productivity upgrades for half the machines in angels petrochem? That should equal to about the same productivity bonus as vanilla factorio.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Keridos wrote:I meant the petrochem mostly, they are huge machines, pretty slow and you need A LOT of them to make plastic in big amounts, a few productivity upgrades would not do much there. You can add productivity upgrades to all steps for plastic in vanilla factorio, so why not enable productivity upgrades for half the machines in angels petrochem? That should equal to about the same productivity bonus as vanilla factorio.
Maybe because you have Mk1 to Mk4 machines to upgrade.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Keridos wrote:Question: Why can't I put productivity modules into any angels mods machine apparently?
Keridos wrote:I meant the petrochem mostly, they are huge machines, pretty slow and you need A LOT of them to make plastic in big amounts, a few productivity upgrades would not do much there. You can add productivity upgrades to all steps for plastic in vanilla factorio, so why not enable productivity upgrades for half the machines in angels petrochem? That should equal to about the same productivity bonus as vanilla factorio.
Maybe it's just me, but I find that most of Angel's recipes and methods usually get you a lot more out of a raw resource than vanilla. With some buildings giving way more for your investment it's like they have productivity modules inside them already.

However, for the topic of plastic, you should look into installing Angel's bio-processing mod to create tons of plastic from simple trees. Plus the amount of space required is quite minimal compared to a major petrochem line. (It also generates residual gas to create the valuable synthesis gas used to create even more goods)

Once you start really getting further into gas production/research and begin to create dedicated oil/gas refineries, cracking plants, etc. That is when you can really make use of petrochem to create plastic en masse in the late game when many of the refining and plastic options are open to you. Plus the much faster Mk4's to really push demand should you need it.

In my experience, using a greenhouse mod to generate lots of trees, the plastic line is often well saturated enough to stay with demand. Plus it eats the trees I constantly cut instead of wasting in storage. As I'm now beginning my massive gasworks plant since the majority of the research is finished, there are plans to really fill the quota tenfold. But I really do love how Angel added many options to create plastic both in the early game with trees and late game with the petrochem.

With plastic pretty much being a non-issue, I'm always looking forward to the many new ways Angel comes up to make everything you ever need depending on your style. Especially with regards to bio-processing and the possibilities that exist there.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

forget wood, I make my plastic from stone!
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

hansson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hansson »

Fantastic mods! A minor thing I noticed... "Pellet Processing 2" does not require "Pellet Processing 1" tech, but the machine it'self (Pellet Press MK2) does require the MK1 one. Same goes with Pellet Processing 3. This seems inconsistent with all other tech. Intended?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Is it intended that pellet press 4 isn't unlockable with research?

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

The override code used in your mods has flawed logic. When replacing an ingredient, it doesn't replace it in place, keeping the same ingredient index in the ingredients list, but it removes and re-adds the new ingredient. It would seem the effect is equivalent, except chemistry recipes with 2 fluids as ingredients. The inputs get switched. You can see that in using "sulfuric-acid-2" recipe, for example. Observe the inputs without "refining" mod enabled, observe with your mod enabled. See that the position of "water" (original bobplates) and "purified-water" (refining) are switched.

Don't quite understand why you chose to write new functions for that action, when your mods are more or less dependent of bob's, and boblibrary has all the functionality needed, tried and tested by many users. I would strongly suggest using bob's code, it is written quite well and well tested.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hansson wrote:Fantastic mods! A minor thing I noticed... "Pellet Processing 2" does not require "Pellet Processing 1" tech, but the machine it'self (Pellet Press MK2) does require the MK1 one. Same goes with Pellet Processing 3. This seems inconsistent with all other tech. Intended?
hoho wrote:Is it intended that pellet press 4 isn't unlockable with research?
Smelting isnt done and will probably revised several times before I'm happy with the outcome, which includes the technologies. You are right in the regard that there are some dependencies missing, but the technology tree as a whole isnt fixed, it's more of a first draft so I could put the mod out there and have the old processing mod deleted :)
clampi wrote:The override code used in your mods has flawed logic. When replacing an ingredient, it doesn't replace it in place, keeping the same ingredient index in the ingredients list, but it removes and re-adds the new ingredient. It would seem the effect is equivalent, except chemistry recipes with 2 fluids as ingredients. The inputs get switched. You can see that in using "sulfuric-acid-2" recipe, for example. Observe the inputs without "refining" mod enabled, observe with your mod enabled. See that the position of "water" (original bobplates) and "purified-water" (refining) are switched.

Don't quite understand why you chose to write new functions for that action, when your mods are more or less dependent of bob's, and boblibrary has all the functionality needed, tried and tested by many users. I would strongly suggest using bob's code, it is written quite well and well tested.
That's an issue of how to manipulate the tables. The recipes in question where the input/outputs change are a result of removing and then adding an ingredient to a recipe by "hand". But the problem should only really occur if you add mods to a running game (specially petrochem) which isnt recommended at all.

Why I dont use bobs functions? I do use them, but only where I cant prevent it, the reason is that I dont want to be dependent on bobs for the future when other parts have grown this to its own overhaul.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I have big questiuon about solid fuel
I'm using bob mods and ur mods and i have 2 different lines of recipes
1) Requires coal or coke and naphta of fuel oil
2) Another requires only naphta and fuel oil - it is similar that these recipes remained from vanilla but i can read in hint that's these recipies modified by bob mods and ur mods

So how u explain that these recipes exists together and can craft with same time& May be u wnated to replace vanilla recipes when u worked under petrochem mod?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

exlevan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by exlevan »

There is a problem in my game: the leaching plant wouldn't take sulfuric acid:
screenshot
There're two different kinds of sulfuric acid present in the game: one with vanilla icon, and one with mod's.
screenshot
The leaching plant wants the vanilla kind, but there's no way to produce it. Looks like a bug?
mod list

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

exlevan wrote:There is a problem in my game: the leaching plant wouldn't take sulfuric acid:
screenshot
There're two different kinds of sulfuric acid present in the game: one with vanilla icon, and one with mod's.
screenshot
The leaching plant wants the vanilla kind, but there's no way to produce it. Looks like a bug?
mod list
A temporary solution is to use the converter valve to convert the Angel acid to vanilla acid.

exlevan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by exlevan »

Light wrote: A temporary solution is to use the converter valve to convert the Angel acid to vanilla acid.
That helped, thanks!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

exlevan wrote:
Light wrote: A temporary solution is to use the converter valve to convert the Angel acid to vanilla acid.
That helped, thanks!
Did you add petrochem to a already running game? Then you might have to reset recipes so that the changes take effect.

Return to “Angels Mods”