Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Crios
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Crios »

Light wrote:
mexmer wrote:
Light wrote:
Crios wrote:Also, maybe I'm missing something, or perhaps it's not released yet, but bio processing allows us to filter the air for alien tech correct? I don't seem to have that asset or maybe I'm not noticing where it is. I'd like to start farming the small pink alien artifacts for the pink catalysts, but I have a feeling it's not implemented yet and I'm stuck to killing aliens around the base.
The older mod known as Angel's Processing contains the bio-processing aspect.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... processing

However, since Angel has planned to separate the mod quite some time ago, you'll need to update the file for 0.14.
The reason for the delay according to Angel in the comments 2 weeks ago, is artwork related. Not sure if that's still the case, but it should hopefully be ready soon.

Anyhow, if you want to play around with the older mod to get a possible idea of what to expect going in, I'd say to give it a try.
Just take note that air filtering for spores doesn't exist in it, as you need at least 1 small artifact to get going. You must also disable the new bio-processing or you can't create the substrate dishes needed to generate artifacts.

Then you can remove it when the new bio-processing is complete, so you no longer have to run around hunting biters while waiting.
guess you mixed some info. processing mod was discontinued in favor of new mod smelting, there will be no processing mod for 0.14, and also it should not be used together with smelting.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... lssmelting
No mistake was made.

Already knew what it was, that the mod was being split apart (as stated) and after testing there is no conflict with the new smelting mod alongside this one.
If he ignores the smelting portion and sticks only to the bio-processing part of the mod, he can safely use the two together. The only residual effect that I've witnessed is that after being uninstalled, the recipes of the new bio-mod won't be hidden anymore, but are uncraftable as it requires a paste that can't be crafted yet. Easily remedied with a recipe refresh.
Thanks for all the info guys, I went ahead and toggled off the processing mod, as I was unaware of the conflict. But like you said now the paste that's required to make the specific items is still considered unknown, even after a tech and recipe reset. Any suggestions on how to fix?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello Angel,

is it called Crotinnium or Crotinium?
In your standard mods it's called Crotinnium but in your silo addon it's called Crotinium.
Probably a typo in your silo addon.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Whoa... I just updated Refining and Infinite Ores and now a bunch of my chemical plants no longer function. It looks like every recipe which uses purified water had its inputs swapped. This is definitely not acceptable for an existing factory. :P

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

safan wrote:how do i enable uranium for the reactor mod?
Hello, i didn't get an answer yet. Kind regards

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

safan wrote:
safan wrote:how do i enable uranium for the reactor mod?
Hello, i didn't get an answer yet. Kind regards
I'm guessing you're asking where to get the ores?

Jivolite Chunks create Uraninite Ore.
Crotinnium Chunks create Fluorite Ore.

Otherwise, you have to be more specific in your question.

niccage
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by niccage »

After downloading bio processing 0.1.1 I get the error "assignID, item with name 'small-alien-artifact' does not exist" when trying to start factorio.

The dependencies are base >= 0.14.0", "angelspetrochem >= 0.1.14", and "angelsrefining >= 0.3.6. My game version is 0.14.12, I'm using petrochem 0.2.1 and refining 0.4.2. The game will work if i edit processing 0.2.0 to work with 0.14, but conflicts ingame pop up.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

niccage wrote:After downloading bio processing 0.1.1 I get the error "assignID, item with name 'small-alien-artifact' does not exist" when trying to start factorio.

The dependencies are base >= 0.14.0", "angelspetrochem >= 0.1.14", and "angelsrefining >= 0.3.6. My game version is 0.14.12, I'm using petrochem 0.2.1 and refining 0.4.2. The game will work if i edit processing 0.2.0 to work with 0.14, but conflicts ingame pop up.
most likely you missing some dependent mod, so bio processing or one of it's dependencies is not loading.
mind petrochem requires bobplates and bobselectronic
if it doesn't load, bioprocessing will also fail to load

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

niccage wrote:After downloading bio processing 0.1.1 I get the error "assignID, item with name 'small-alien-artifact' does not exist" when trying to start factorio.

Bio processing requires Bob's enemies. The recipes are nott enabled yet but it has some for each of Bob's colored alien artifacts.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

angelsaddons-warehouses_0.1.2 : Missing a bracket on line 41 of warehouses.lua.
{"angels-warehouse", 1,

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Timeslice wrote:Whoa... I just updated Refining and Infinite Ores and now a bunch of my chemical plants no longer function. It looks like every recipe which uses purified water had its inputs swapped. This is definitely not acceptable for an existing factory. :P
I had this issue this week-end, where all my sulfuric acid plants stopped working. It was a challenge to fix as my factory is a bit of a spaghetti mess.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

brab wrote:
Timeslice wrote:Whoa... I just updated Refining and Infinite Ores and now a bunch of my chemical plants no longer function. It looks like every recipe which uses purified water had its inputs swapped. This is definitely not acceptable for an existing factory. :P
I had this issue this week-end, where all my sulfuric acid plants stopped working. It was a challenge to fix as my factory is a bit of a spaghetti mess.
Will this be fixed soon?
Sounds more like a punishment for long term users of this mods.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

I continue this discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=34482

I have problems with lithia water. Steinio showed a solution in this thread. However, I do not have recipes for lithia water. How can I choose it.

Technology screen of Water treatment shows recipes but they are not in the crafting menu and I can not choose them in the hydro plant. I have resetted technologies and recipes and tried also to take all technologies with a command. Nothing helps.

I tested to start a new game and took all technologies. Then I could see lithia water recipe. Probably the lack of the bob's ore mod during the start of my save have messed something.

My mods:

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

i'm lazy to check my saves, but i believe thermal water procesing is in electrolyser not in hydroplant. also lithia oxyde should be there (which you need to make lithium bateries)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:Hello Angel,

is it called Crotinnium or Crotinium?
In your standard mods it's called Crotinnium but in your silo addon it's called Crotinium.
Probably a typo in your silo addon.

Greetings steinio
It should be Crotinnium I think, have to ask the biters :D

brab wrote:
steinio wrote:
brab wrote:
Will this be fixed soon?
Sounds more like a punishment for long term users of this mods.
Sorry for that guys, it is probably due to the fact that I switched over to the override function, which remove and add the entries instead of directly overriding the entry.
Peppe wrote:angelsaddons-warehouses_0.1.2 : Missing a bracket on line 41 of warehouses.lua.
{"angels-warehouse", 1,
fixed
Peppe wrote:

Bio processing requires Bob's enemies. The recipes are nott enabled yet but it has some for each of Bob's colored alien artifacts.
The next version will have the artefact chain again and also add artefacts if warfare isn't enabled.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Hannu wrote:I continue this discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=34482

I have problems with lithia water. Steinio showed a solution in this thread. However, I do not have recipes for lithia water. How can I choose it.

Technology screen of Water treatment shows recipes but they are not in the crafting menu and I can not choose them in the hydro plant. I have resetted technologies and recipes and tried also to take all technologies with a command. Nothing helps.

I tested to start a new game and took all technologies. Then I could see lithia water recipe. Probably the lack of the bob's ore mod during the start of my save have messed something.

My mods:
You might need to force activate it then.
/c game.player.force.recipes["water-thermal-lithia"].enabled = true

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Arch666Angel wrote:You might need to force activate it then.
Thank you very much. This command solved the problem.

I have also another problem. Last time when I played with Bob's mods (0.12) sodium hydroxide and nickel ores were the main reasons why I had to install VoidChest mod. Salt water electrolysis needed for ferric chloride production chain produced thousands of hydroxides and aluminium production could use only small part of them. Now I can not find a source of solid salt and get salt water only from water purification. I have to dump pure water production of couple of water plants to get even small amounts of salt water. My aluminium production is ridiculously low and it would need tens of water plants to be decent. Rocket fuel production seems to need also large amounts of sodium hydroxide. Do I lack some other recipes or have not noticed some recipe or is it intentional in Angel's mods?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Hannu wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:You might need to force activate it then.
Thank you very much. This command solved the problem.

I have also another problem. Last time when I played with Bob's mods (0.12) sodium hydroxide and nickel ores were the main reasons why I had to install VoidChest mod. Salt water electrolysis needed for ferric chloride production chain produced thousands of hydroxides and aluminium production could use only small part of them. Now I can not find a source of solid salt and get salt water only from water purification. I have to dump pure water production of couple of water plants to get even small amounts of salt water. My aluminium production is ridiculously low and it would need tens of water plants to be decent. Rocket fuel production seems to need also large amounts of sodium hydroxide. Do I lack some other recipes or have not noticed some recipe or is it intentional in Angel's mods?
Saline water only comes from water purification and chloric waste purification. If you're using the smelting mod, you can significantly reduce the number of sodium hydroxide needed for aluminum plates over a period of time. This should help some of the burden, but I've found no other solution to your problem.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

When I installed your mods along with Bobs and RSO the Stone generation is just disabled. Is that intended or a bug? If intended, how do I get enough stone?

Edit: Link to images: http://imgur.com/a/aKMik
Default options on all mods.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

SHiRKiT wrote:When I installed your mods along with Bobs and RSO the Stone generation is just disabled. Is that intended or a bug? If intended, how do I get enough stone?

Intentional. Shortly you will be asking what to do with all the extra stone.

You get stone from crushed stone, a byproduct of refining any of the new ores.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Peppe wrote:
SHiRKiT wrote:When I installed your mods along with Bobs and RSO the Stone generation is just disabled. Is that intended or a bug? If intended, how do I get enough stone?

Intentional. Shortly you will be asking what to do with all the extra stone.

You get stone from crushed stone, a byproduct of refining any of the new ores.
not really asking, now when warehouse is in, you have plenty of time to think about stone, or slag :D

Return to “Angels Mods”