Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

Breith wrote:Speaking of bug, I realized that I do not have the research for Science Packs 3 in my game. I'm going to activate it manually, but any idea from where it can come?
I have mainly Angel's Ores + Bob's Mods activated plus several other "helper" mods (Long Reach, Better light, etc.).
I dont mess with the science packs at all, only thing that will change is that petrochems will replace the sulfuric-acid in the battery recipe, but that shouldnt relate to that issue.

Humpfry wrote:Hey,

I left a message on the Mod portal about the petrochem mod, have a looksie over there when you have a chance.

Anyway, related to one issue that I had with carbon not showing up on the recipe list or even at all for the metal mixing furnace(which i talk about in that post). I now having similar issues with Electrolysis 1 research; the electrolyser is not giving any recipes when you try to assign one to it. First play through I actually researched your Basic Chemistry research for your electrolyser then researched the bob's Electrolysis 1 and got the initial issue. So I quit and loaded up an older save and actually tried to research Electrolysis 1 first and check to see if the recipes would show up on the bob's electrolyser but nogo :( Kinda lost here halp!

Playing Factorio 0.14.9
Will-bob.zip
mods.zip
In the mean time I will try to figure out myself If it is some research that is missing.. but not too sure.

Kewl beans, thanks!

*edit - ahh btw... issue with UPS mod atm... when you first load up the map... UPS pops up and you need to hit apply, but there is a bug with it and Bottleneck mod. So firstly before you hit apply turn off the botteneck mod by pressing the hotkey; should be set to key 'b'.

**edit 2 - hmm, interesting.. playing around with it, the initial Electrolysis 1 research doesn't give any recipes - kinda makes you think that research is for nothing, but if you go further down the Electrolysis 1 chain, say Nickel Processing then the nickel recipe shows up. Usually when you research something like that you get at least one recipe to use, I am not too familar with vanilla bob's so, there must be a recipe that you are taking from bob's Electrolysis 1 and using in your Electrolysis. Maybe some way to merge the two Electrolysis machines together so that there is no confusion? Makes me wonder what happend to the carbon issue, why it didn't show up in the recipe list. - probably the same type of situation.

See below... Why did I research this if it doesn't nothing?
Untitled.jpg
So I left the bob electrolyser unlock and the bob chemical furnace unlock in the techs because they are used later on by other bob recipes.

But Petrochems comes with its own recipes for carbon which use the liquifier, furnace and ore crusher. Petrochem also comes with it's own electrolyser and Petrochem recipes will be made in Petrochem machines, so the eletrolysis recipe in the petrochem tab is made in the petrochem electrolyser.

It is always difficult if you add mods to a running game, especially bigger mods, they will things up, because this cant be handled by migration or something else. That's why I did put up a big warn sign for it on both refining and petrochem pages, you can do it but there may be issues and I wont recommend doing so.
If at all you should always go and reset technology and recipes from the console.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Breith wrote:I'll check tonight, I'm currently at work.
It's really weird and I wouldn't be surprised if the error comes from the thing that is between the keyboard and the chair.
just checked, and it's like i said, they unlock, when you have reasearched all technology required.

you need to research advanced electronics (for transistors and circuit boards), battery, steel procesing, logistic

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Why we need lubricant if all recipes where it was now requires base mineral oil?
Now its conveniently that we don't need 1 stage to produce this lubricant 8-)

How about new ways to mine geodes? sometimes i need more geodes of different colors but often i can get only red and blue
people learned how to grow artificial gems, how do u think is it possible to use crystallizer in similar chain to grow geodes?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

aklesey1 wrote:Why we need lubricant if all recipes where it was now requires base mineral oil?

How about new ways to mine geodes? sometimes i need more geodes of different colors but often i can get only red and blue
people learned how to grow artificial gems, how do u think is it possible to use crystallizer in similar chain to grow geodes?
make geodes from crystals? :D
or just maybe from crystalized ores + stone (or crushed stone) + some reactant and catalyst ... who knows.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

mexmer wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Why we need lubricant if all recipes where it was now requires base mineral oil?

make geodes from crystals? :D
or just maybe from crystalized ores + stone (or crushed stone) + some reactant and catalyst ... who knows.
Now i want to grow geodes like in real life, this technology already exists
I need more crystal slurry but i cant produce so many geodes

If we can mine geodes from rocks why not to mine them from simple stone - let it be a huge amount of stone, but I need reliable source of geodes
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

mexmer wrote:
It's really weird and I wouldn't be surprised if the error comes from the thing that is between the keyboard and the chair.
just checked, and it's like i said, they unlock, when you have reasearched all technology required.

you need to research advanced electronics (for transistors and circuit boards), battery, steel procesing, logistic
Aaaah... I suck. I forgot to research Battery. After 170+ hours played it's kind of shameful...

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Breith wrote:
mexmer wrote:

Aaaah... I suck. I forgot to research Battery. After 170+ hours played it's kind of shameful...
this hapened to me recently too.
i was wondering, why there is no blue bottle in assembly ... and it was exactly same reason, i didn't need batteries, so i didn't research them.
then i wanted to build laser towers, which i remembered need batteries, and there was it.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Breith wrote:
mexmer wrote:

I make this same mistake almost every time I take a long break from Factorio.

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

Arch666Angel wrote:So I left the bob electrolyser unlock and the bob chemical furnace unlock in the techs because they are used later on by other bob recipes.

But Petrochems comes with its own recipes for carbon which use the liquifier, furnace and ore crusher. Petrochem also comes with it's own electrolyser and Petrochem recipes will be made in Petrochem machines, so the eletrolysis recipe in the petrochem tab is made in the petrochem electrolyser.

It is always difficult if you add mods to a running game, especially bigger mods, they will things up, because this cant be handled by migration or something else. That's why I did put up a big warn sign for it on both refining and petrochem pages, you can do it but there may be issues and I wont recommend doing so.
If at all you should always go and reset technology and recipes from the console.
I dunno if it's a versioning problem or what, but I'm missing any carbon recipe. I see the carbon-dioxide recipe at the liquifier, but nothing in the electrolyser. I see 'solid-carbon' in the mod files, but nowhere in game.

Angel's PetroChem 0.1.12
Bob'sPlates 0.14.0

*edit*
I was wrong. Just a PICNIC. I was looking in the wrong places and the search in-game wasn't giving me the right return values.
Crusher(coal) -> crushed coal, furnace(crushed coal) -> coke, liquifier(coal) -> CO2, liquifier(CO2, coke) -> Solid carbon

**edit2**
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... h=e3e6054b

Seems like the override for carbon from Bob's isn't taking. I was able to confirm it in a fresh game just now.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

You need to update your mods again. I had that issue yesterday, I updated my mods and all recipes were updated.

After the update, everything went fine, but I had to destroy all my old carbon. It cannot be used anymore. I hope you do not have that much stored...

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

Breith wrote:You need to update your mods again. I had that issue yesterday, I updated my mods and all recipes were updated.

After the update, everything went fine, but I had to destroy all my old carbon. It cannot be used anymore. I hope you do not have that much stored...
I'll give it a shot an report back. I don't have any stored, fortunately, because I only just figured out how to create it this morning. :D

*edit*
Fresh update. New game. Unlocked all tech with the console. Spawned some machinery, but still no go. There's a difference between Bob's carbon and petro carbon that's keeping the basic electronic components from being assembled. I can't load the Petro carbon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

manifold0 wrote:
Breith wrote:You need to update your mods again. I had that issue yesterday, I updated my mods and all recipes were updated.

I'll give it a shot an report back. I don't have any stored, fortunately, because I only just figured out how to create it this morning. :D

*edit*
Fresh update. New game. Unlocked all tech with the console. Spawned some machinery, but still no go. There's a difference between Bob's carbon and petro carbon that's keeping the basic electronic components from being assembled. I can't load the Petro carbon.
weird, for me it's working.
i have game i started week ago, and checked also in new fresh game, and electronic components take in "3 cubes like" carbon.
what message you get? also what your recipe looks like?

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

mexmer wrote: weird, for me it's working.
i have game i started week ago, and checked also in new fresh game, and electronic components take in "3 cubes like" carbon.
what message you get? also what your recipe looks like?
No error message. Just doesn't go.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 1.38.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 1.38.53 PM.png (307.92 KiB) Viewed 5964 times

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

manifold0 wrote:

*edit*
Did you get a windows stating some changes in the game (i.e. the migration scripts)? I got some...
I can send you my mods folder later, if you think that it might be useful.

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

Breith wrote: Did you get a windows stating some changes in the game (i.e. the migration scripts)? I got some...
Definitely no migration changes or anything like that. I suppose it's possible that things just aren't initializing.

I'll try a fresh install and use the in-game mod manager. Part of the problem may be that I downloaded them manually. You never know.

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

Welp, that couldn't have gone worse.

Now I'm hitting an error when loading prototypes. Did some digging and it seems like it's a building in the Petro mod, but it's not getting pulled into the game? Is there a load order that I'm messing up somewhere?

This is a fresh install. I ran the game once to generate the user data, but did not start a game. Then dropped a collection of mods into the mod folder and tried to start the game again.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 2.10.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 2.10.34 PM.png (200.54 KiB) Viewed 5958 times
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 2.09.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 2.09.03 PM.png (30.32 KiB) Viewed 5958 times

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

list of my mods

angelsaddons-oresilos_0.2.2.zip
angelsinfiniteores_0.4.1.zip
angelspetrochem_0.1.12.zip
angelsprocessing_0.2.0.zip
angelsrefining_0.3.6.zip
angelstrigger-infiniteores-disableinfiniteores_0.1.2.zip
angelstrigger-infiniteores-disablersomode_0.1.2.zip
angelstrigger-petrochem-showconverterrecipe_0.1.1.zip
BlackboxChest_0.0.3.zip
bobassembly_0.14.0.zip
bobconfig_0.14.0.zip
bobelectronics_0.14.0.zip
bobenemies_0.14.0.zip
bobgreenhouse_0.14.0.zip
bobinserters_0.14.0.zip
boblibrary_0.14.2.zip
boblogistics_0.14.2.zip
bobmining_0.14.0.zip
bobmodules_0.14.0.zip
bobores_0.14.0.zip
bobplates_0.14.0.zip
bobpower_0.14.0.zip
bobrevamp_0.14.1.zip
bobtechsave_0.14.2.zip
bobtech_0.14.0.zip
bobvehicleequipment_0.14.1.zip
bobwarfare_0.14.2.zip
Bottleneck_0.3.3.zip
EvoGUI_0.4.108.zip
RailTanker_1.4.0.zip
robotarmy_0.2.3.zip
rso-mod_2.2.3.zip
YARM_0.7.107.zip

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

mexmer wrote:list of my mods
Thanks for that. Looks pretty comparable. I don't see how I'm running into so many issues with Petro. Take it out and everything is fine, though.

*edit*

Seems like it was a problem with not having the AngelsTriggers Petrochem. Not sure why that was it, but that's resolved the carbon issue and the missing prototype.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

manifold0 wrote:
Breith wrote: Did you get a windows stating some changes in the game (i.e. the migration scripts)? I got some...
Definitely no migration changes or anything like that. I suppose it's possible that things just aren't initializing.

I'll try a fresh install and use the in-game mod manager. Part of the problem may be that I downloaded them manually. You never know.
Weird, i wonder if you mods have really been updated. I always use the build-in system to upgrade, it's the best way to be sure that you have the latest version. There is the list of mods I use.
And the mods I updated yesterday to fix the issue, from the log file:

Code: Select all

9306.087 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9315.106 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/mods?page_size=max&order=alpha
9320.017 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9322.939 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/697/what-is-it-used-for_1.1.0.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\what-is-it-used-for_1.1.0.zip
9322.939 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/697/what-is-it-used-for_1.1.0.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9324.369 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9324.370 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/635/Arumba_Accelerated_Start_0.14.7.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\Arumba_Accelerated_Start_0.14.7.zip
9324.370 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/635/Arumba_Accelerated_Start_0.14.7.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9324.976 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9324.978 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/365/Bottleneck_0.3.3.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\Bottleneck_0.3.3.zip
9324.978 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/365/Bottleneck_0.3.3.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9325.561 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9325.562 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/606/electric-vehicles-lib_0.2.7.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\electric-vehicles-lib_0.2.7.zip
9325.562 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/606/electric-vehicles-lib_0.2.7.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9326.175 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9326.176 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/308/Foreman_1.0.2.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\Foreman_1.0.2.zip
9326.177 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/308/Foreman_1.0.2.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9327.405 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9327.406 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/352/upgrade-planner_1.2.12.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\upgrade-planner_1.2.12.zip
9327.406 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/352/upgrade-planner_1.2.12.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9328.025 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9328.027 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/608/electric-vehicles_0.3.4.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\electric-vehicles_0.3.4.zip
9328.027 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/608/electric-vehicles_0.3.4.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9329.328 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9329.329 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/683/angelspetrochem_0.1.12.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\angelspetrochem_0.1.12.zip
9329.330 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/683/angelspetrochem_0.1.12.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9356.932 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200
9356.933 Info ModPortal.cpp:166: Downloading /api/downloads/data/mods/103/angelsrefining_0.3.6.zip?username=breith&token=<private> to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\angelsrefining_0.3.6.zip
9356.933 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads/data/mods/103/angelsrefining_0.3.6.zip?username=breith&token=<private>
9399.871 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:108: Status code: 200

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

Interesting. I find the in-game a little hard to use. Certainly more difficult than downloading all the .zip files separately.

The complicating factor that I'm running into is that I want it to be something that I can deploy to a server more easily. And then anyone who connects needs the mods to (I'm assuming, perhaps the server can provide them, but I didn't think that was likely). So then I'm zipping them all up and dropping them in my Google Drive so I can link people to the "mod pack" that the server is running.

So a fresh reload and making sure I had the trigger seems to work locally. I'm moving that mods folder and a fresh save file to the server to see what happens over there.

Return to “Angels Mods”