Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

ghoohg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by ghoohg »

https://imgur.com/TZQULaV I think a mod conflict removed my ability to research 'resin'
It doesn't re-appear even when starting a new game shows the research as available.

Either that or a mod update, because I can't seem to make resin vanish from any new games with any combination of the enabled mods.

I have put enough time into this save that I really do not want to restart. Is there any way to add the research back in somehow?

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

ghoohg wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:29 pm
https://imgur.com/TZQULaV I think a mod conflict removed my ability to research 'resin'
It doesn't re-appear even when starting a new game shows the research as available.

Either that or a mod update, because I can't seem to make resin vanish from any new games with any combination of the enabled mods.

I have put enough time into this save that I really do not want to restart. Is there any way to add the research back in somehow?
To clarify, when you start a new game, the tech is enabled, right?

Here's a script written from memory. I'm not near a computer now so I can't test this. Paste it into the console. You may have to do it twice.

/c game.player.force.technologies['resin'].enabled = true
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Dr_Njitram
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dr_Njitram »

Having three recipes that produce "something went wrong", all are catalyzed ore recipes. I think the products are supposed to be Manganese, Chromium, unsure about third.

Modpack is seablock plus some stuff, all up to date.
Attachments
SeaBlockRamp.zip
(15.07 MiB) Downloaded 57 times

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Dr_Njitram wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:17 pm
Having three recipes that produce "something went wrong", all are catalyzed ore recipes. I think the products are supposed to be Manganese, Chromium, unsure about third.
That all looks as expected. In FNEI's settings, untick "Show hidden recipes".
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Dr_Njitram
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dr_Njitram »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:40 pm
Dr_Njitram wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:17 pm
That all looks as expected. In FNEI's settings, untick "Show hidden recipes".
Whats the reasoning behind having them error out and not just normally disabled like the "Processing mineral sludge into Chrome/Platinum"?
Seeing an error makes me thing something is wrong instead of WAD.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Those recipes make a placeholder item called "Something went wrong". If someone managed to actually make the placeholder item, then that would definitely be a bug!

I'll talk to the other mod devs about renaming the placeholder item.

Buy me a coffee

rex_archer97_cz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rex_archer97_cz »

Hi, I ran into an issue with the gathering turrets crashing the game. Here is the message:
Error while running event angelsexploration::on_tick (ID 0)
Unknown entity name: angels-gathering-turret-target[small-alien-artifact]
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
__angelsexploration__/src/gathering-turret.lua:345: in function 'update_searching_turret'
__angelsexploration__/src/gathering-turret.lua:300: in function 'update_next_turret'
__angelsexploration__/src/gathering-turret.lua:607: in function 'on_tick_update'
__angelsexploration__/control.lua:18: in function <__angelsexploration__/control.lua:17>

I'm not sure if the Natural Evolution enemies make any difference in the alien artifact item behaving somehow differently.
Other relevant mods used: Natural evolution buildings, Bob's warfare

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

rex_archer97_cz wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 6:01 pm
Hi, I ran into an issue with the gathering turrets crashing the game. Here is the message:
Error while running event angelsexploration::on_tick (ID 0)
Unknown entity name: angels-gathering-turret-target[small-alien-artifact]

I'm not sure if the Natural Evolution enemies make any difference in the alien artifact item behaving somehow differently.
Other relevant mods used: Natural evolution buildings, Bob's warfare
What version of Angel's Exploration and Bob's Warfare are you using?

Buy me a coffee

Warmaniac_209
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ (Angel Infine Ore + RSO)

Post by Warmaniac_209 »

Warmaniac_209 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:20 am
Hi, i wanna report a bug ive noticed since ive started to play factorio again. I noticed that there were a problem with the infinite ores selection, My mod list is simple, the full Suite of Bob's mod, Alien Biomes, and Angel Infinite ores + RSO. The bug i noticed concern Angel infinite Ore, I can only change the yield of the infinite ores of the vanilla ores, iron, stone, copper, coal, ect.... and only spawn those, all the bob's ores are finite, and dont spawn the infinite patch in the center... activating or removing RSO dont change anything... could it be related to mod order, angel seems to be the first loaded, is there a way to change this ?
fresh factorio install, current 1.1.76 version. thanks in advance
i just wanted to know if anybody had time to check my problem. if not just bumping my case, to be sure its not forgotten. thanks !

Bobthefarmer1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bobthefarmer1 »

Hi all!

I have an issue, which im not sure if its intentional or not.

I am having an issue with some fluids disappearing when refining slag, specifically the slag slurry and the sulfuric waste water, its a slow loss, ~0.02 units per operation, but its causing some weird number issues, and has caused a couple of things to run out because of this loss. i havent played the mod for that long so i can't say if its more liquids or not.

Let me know if there is anything more needed.

Edit:

I have also noticed it using the electroliser 1 with oxygen and hydrogen. with an avg loss of 0.003. it is also with science packs but i cant tell the number exactly.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Bobthefarmer1 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:33 pm
I am having an issue with some fluids disappearing when refining slag, specifically the slag slurry and the sulfuric waste water, its a slow loss, ~0.02 units per operation, but its causing some weird number issues, and has caused a couple of things to run out because of this loss. i havent played the mod for that long so i can't say if its more liquids or not.
This is a base game issue due to the use of floating point numbers. Just something you'll need to live with and work around I'm afraid!

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Warmaniac_209 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:13 pm
i just wanted to know if anybody had time to check my problem. if not just bumping my case, to be sure its not forgotten. thanks !
No, hasn't been forgotten 🙂

Buy me a coffee

Bobthefarmer1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bobthefarmer1 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:07 am
Bobthefarmer1 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:33 pm
This is a base game issue due to the use of floating point numbers. Just something you'll need to live with and work around I'm afraid!
Thank you! I didnt know this, never encountered it in the couple mods or vanilla. i appreciate it!

omiwatari1_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omiwatari1_3 »

Hi, I found a issue with the bio-tile in angelsbioprocessing_0.7.24.
Only when alien-biomes_0.6.8 is enabled, the bio-tile does not absorb pollution.

The same was true when I verified with everything set to default settings and only the minimum of mods enabled.
The mods used were as follows

base 1.1.80
alien-biomes_0.6.8
angelsrefining_0.12.4
angelspetrochem_0.9.24
angelssmelting_0.6.21
angelsbioprocessing_0.7.24

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

omiwatari1_3 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:27 pm
Hi, I found a issue with the bio-tile in angelsbioprocessing_0.7.24.
Only when alien-biomes_0.6.8 is enabled, the bio-tile does not absorb pollution.
Check your mod settings. What is the setting bio tile pollution absorption multiplier?

Buy me a coffee

omiwatari1_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omiwatari1_3 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:56 pm
Check your mod settings. What is the setting bio tile pollution absorption multiplier?
As I stated that I set everything to default, the multiplier is 2.

I have already confirmed that the presence or absence of alien biomes triggers the issue when set to anything other than 0.

omiwatari1_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omiwatari1_3 »

The issue of bio-tile not absorbing pollution was found to be caused by the source code of alien biomes.
It appears that the following file caused bio-tile's pollution_absorption_per_second to be overwritten with a lower value.

alien-biomes\data-final-fixes.lua

I am not a programmer, but I managed to fix it in order to use the bio-tile immediately in the game.
I will report back with more details just in case.

Code: Select all

for _, tile in pairs(data.raw.tile) do
  if tile.name == "water" or tile.name == "deepwater" or tile.name == "water-shallow" or tile.name == "water-mud" then
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second=0.0000075
  elseif string.find(tile.name, "grass") or string.find(tile.name, "frozen") then
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second= math.min(tile.pollution_absorption_per_second or 0.0000075, 0.0000075)
  elseif string.find(tile.name, "dirt") then
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second= math.min(tile.pollution_absorption_per_second or 0.000005, 0.000005) 
  else
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second= math.min(tile.pollution_absorption_per_second or 0.0000025, 0.0000025)
  end
end
I added the following to the description in data-final-fixes.lua.

Code: Select all

for _, tile in pairs(data.raw.tile) do
  if tile.name == "water" or tile.name == "deepwater" or tile.name == "water-shallow" or tile.name == "water-mud" then
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second=0.0000075
  elseif string.find(tile.name, "grass") or string.find(tile.name, "frozen") then
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second= math.min(tile.pollution_absorption_per_second or 0.0000075, 0.0000075)
  elseif string.find(tile.name, "dirt") then
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second= math.min(tile.pollution_absorption_per_second or 0.000005, 0.000005) 
  elseif tile.name == "bio-tile" then
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second= tile.pollution_absorption_per_second
  else
    tile.pollution_absorption_per_second= math.min(tile.pollution_absorption_per_second or 0.0000025, 0.0000025)
  end
end
Note, I am just a layman, so this does not take into account any possible negative effects on other behaviors.
I will also report this to the developers of alien biomes.

I am sure this will be fixed in the near future, but I hope this post helps the impatient.

jamesjorgensen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jamesjorgensen »

HI,

I think I found an issue with the specific Ore Silos. When you deconstruct them they turn back into regular silos. They loose the Ore designation. I am using Angel's Addons - Storage Options 0.0.10

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Warmaniac_209 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:20 am
Hi, i wanna report a bug ive noticed since ive started to play factorio again. I noticed that there were a problem with the infinite ores selection, My mod list is simple, the full Suite of Bob's mod, Alien Biomes, and Angel Infinite ores + RSO. The bug i noticed concern Angel infinite Ore, I can only change the yield of the infinite ores of the vanilla ores, iron, stone, copper, coal, ect.... and only spawn those, all the bob's ores are finite, and dont spawn the infinite patch in the center... activating or removing RSO dont change anything... could it be related to mod order, angel seems to be the first loaded, is there a way to change this ?
fresh factorio install, current 1.1.76 version. thanks in advance
Fix will be in the next version of Angel's Infinite Ores.

There's an easy workaround:
- Disable all mods except Bob's Ores mod
- Restart the game to apply
- In mod settings, enable the setting for each ore
- Reenable other mods as desired

Bob's MCI mod hides the ore settings because they do nothing when MCI is enabled. The ores will always be created. Angel's Infinite Ores mod is checking if ore settings are enabled.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

jamesjorgensen wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:47 pm
HI,

I think I found an issue with the specific Ore Silos. When you deconstruct them they turn back into regular silos. They loose the Ore designation. I am using Angel's Addons - Storage Options 0.0.10
I asked on Discord and Angel said "yeah was done because the silos are just flavours"

Buy me a coffee

Return to “Angels Mods”