Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

Zyrconia wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:56 pm
Attached a save from the beginning. You can ignore reverse factory, I'm not using that anymore.
With the help of your savefile I was able to boil down the issue to a minimal reproducible setup.
Here is a github issue to track progress
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/545

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Marvun wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:06 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:08 pm
Marvun wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:54 pm
With that, I could easily duplicate every ore infinitely and deep core mining ore mining, in general, would be completely pointless in my opinion. So is that intended like that?
What is and does Astroid Mining?
It allows to send the rockets in the endgame into space and they will return like asteroid ore chunks of the specified ore. These can be refined into ore chunks and these can be refined into ore. As I looked the mod up right now, I saw, that the description says, that it is only partially compatible and not fully rebalanced. So I tried to load it without the mod now and the recipe is gone and everything works fine again. :)
Thanks
Valneq had it right, my mod was overwriting the angel's flotation chunks with it's own item since the names happened to match (I generate names dynamically by adding "-chunk" to the name of the item). New version fixes that with an additional suffix. They should go back to being the angel's version after updating, and without the infinite loop.

Marvun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marvun »

So uhm, what exactly are harmonic crystal splinters? And how do I obtain them, because everywhere I searched, I can't find them?
2021-03-02_18h25_22.png
2021-03-02_18h25_22.png (116.46 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
The only things I can produce are red, blue and green polished crystal splinters.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Marvun wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:28 pm
So uhm, what exactly are harmonic crystal splinters? And how do I obtain them, because everywhere I searched, I can't find them?
2021-03-02_18h25_22.png

The only things I can produce are red, blue and green polished crystal splinters.
Have you checked FNEI or Recipe book?
Normally, you should get access to this recipe:
crystal_tuning.png
crystal_tuning.png (213.21 KiB) Viewed 4862 times

Marvun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marvun »

I am blind apparently... Thanks ^^

Speedyquader
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Speedyquader »

I tried loading up Angel's Petrochem with Bob's Logistics enabled, and got this error. I double checked, and I've got the most up to date versions of each. Will be reporting this to Bob as well!

Edit: Bob knows about the issue already and said to bring it to you, so I guess I'm not cross-posting it.

Edit 2: I would hope this gets addressed quickly, as this mod is an integral part of Angel's mods, and Bob's Logistics is (imo) the backbone of his mods. I browsed a few pages back on this thread and saw it got brought up a couple pages ago, but it seems to have slipped under the radar. I reset the two mods' mod settings and still get the issue.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Speedyquader wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:05 am
I tried loading up Angel's Petrochem with Bob's Logistics enabled, and got this error. I double checked, and I've got the most up to date versions of each. Will be reporting this to Bob as well!
Arguably, the backbone of Bob's mods is "Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates". From our tests, the error you describe only arises if neither Bob's MCI nor Bob's Revamp are active.

Can you please try to also load Bob's MCI?

This has not slipped under the radar, and is fixed for a future release, by the way:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/453

Speedyquader
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Speedyquader »

valneq wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:15 am
Speedyquader wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:05 am
Arguably, the backbone of Bob's mods is "Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates". From our tests, the error you describe only arises if neither Bob's MCI nor Bob's Revamp are active.

Can you please try to also load Bob's MCI?

This has not slipped under the radar, and is fixed for a future release, by the way:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/453
I appreciate it! I dislike using Bob's MCI, as it adds more complexity to the game than I enjoy outside of a full B/A run, same with Bob's Revamp. Glad to know it's fixed for the next release! Any sort of ETA on the next release? No pressure to provide an answer, I'm just excited to return to some B/A lite. :D

Swiftdrake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Swiftdrake »

Hi, it seems there is a problem with the petri dish item when installed together with Pyanadons Alien life, as they both have an item with the same name, and the following line seems to be replacing the recipe with a single glass plate.

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/bl ... de.lua#L55
is there a healthy way to resolve the conflict?

On a little bit of checking it seems that your petri dish is a closer match to the pyanadon 'empty-petri-dish' which is made from molten glass, and thematically matches (a freshly crafted dish without sample) and I think the best solution would be for both recipes to create the empty petri dish item rather than the petri dish item? Is this viable?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Swiftdrake wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 pm
Hi, it seems there is a problem with the petri dish item when installed together with Pyanadons Alien life, as they both have an item with the same name, and the following line seems to be replacing the recipe with a single glass plate.

On a little bit of checking it seems that your petri dish is a closer match to the pyanadon 'empty-petri-dish' which is made from molten glass, and thematically matches (a freshly crafted dish without sample) and I think the best solution would be for both recipes to create the empty petri dish item rather than the petri dish item? Is this viable?
do you have pycoal touched by an angel mod? thats the mod ive setup to handle angel and py conflicts.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBaA

Swiftdrake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Swiftdrake »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:03 am
Swiftdrake wrote:

do you have pycoal touched by an angel mod? thats the mod ive setup to handle angel and py conflicts.
Yes I have tried with and without for comparison, I'll confirm later, but I Think all that achieved was disabling the dish, and locking it behing a bio processing tech (but still with the 1 glass recipe). In this variation the item can't be made at all and locks you out of being able to perform research. I think the resolution still would be to make angels petri dish match up with py's empty petri dish rather than py's petri dish? is this viable in your opinion?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Swiftdrake wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:40 am
kingarthur wrote:
Swiftdrake wrote:

Yes I have tried with and without for comparison, I'll confirm later, but I Think all that achieved was disabling the dish, and locking it behing a bio processing tech (but still with the 1 glass recipe). In this variation the item can't be made at all and locks you out of being able to perform research. I think the resolution still would be to make angels petri dish match up with py's empty petri dish rather than py's petri dish? is this viable in your opinion?
most of the fixes should be in pycoaltbaa and i know i had looked at this before but it might not have gotten fixed right. its due to them both using the same item name. so to fix it one of them needs changed to use a different name. i think ill just update the one in pyalienlife as i need to push out an update soon for that mod anyway.

if you want to fix it before i get the update out just change the name in pyalienlife to "py-petri-dish" and "py-empty-petri-dish". itll be a day or so before i get it updated.

Swiftdrake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Swiftdrake »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:53 am
Swiftdrake wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:40 am
kingarthur wrote:
Swiftdrake wrote:

most of the fixes should be in pycoaltbaa and i know i had looked at this before but it might not have gotten fixed right. its due to them both using the same item name. so to fix it one of them needs changed to use a different name. i think ill just update the one in pyalienlife as i need to push out an update soon for that mod anyway.

if you want to fix it before i get the update out just change the name in pyalienlife to "py-petri-dish" and "py-empty-petri-dish". itll be a day or so before i get it updated.
Thank you very much. I didn't even consider the option of making them 2 separate types of petri dishes. I was looking through your code, and you have definitely considered this issue before because you have a rename commented out in the 1st and 2nd overrides files (meaning that something else must have broken after merging them?) but yeah, I'll try it with your suggestion and pull the update when you get around to it

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Swiftdrake wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:13 am

Thank you very much. I didn't even consider the option of making them 2 separate types of petri dishes. I was looking through your code, and you have definitely considered this issue before because you have a rename commented out in the 1st and 2nd overrides files (meaning that something else must have broken after merging them?) but yeah, I'll try it with your suggestion and pull the update when you get around to it
the issue with that is trying to fix it there doesn't actually stop the problem from happening. it just tries to correct it afterwords and that comes with its own issues as you then got to fix all the recipes that need those items as they'll not be correct. its not impossible. just a pain in the ass that fixing the problem at the source doesn't have.

Swiftdrake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Swiftdrake »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:31 am
Swiftdrake wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:13 am

the issue with that is trying to fix it there doesn't actually stop the problem from happening. it just tries to correct it afterwords and that comes with its own issues as you then got to fix all the recipes that need those items as they'll not be correct. its not impossible. just a pain in the ass that fixing the problem at the source doesn't have.
Yeah I getcha, I'm used to working with a centralized repo, have multiple modders each maintaining their own at different standards would be a nightmare, and with very unpredictable overlap. Not to mention the balancing issues. I can think of ways to solve it that would require things to have been done a certain way from the beginning across the board, but from your position of fixing what's already broken, I think it's quite a hard task.

On the original topic, I have broken something in the related py petrolium by simply changing the item names, so i might wait until the professional gets around with it. ;)

Code: Select all

__pypetrleumhandling__/prototypes/functions/functions.lua:435: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__pypetrolleumhandling__/prototypes/functions/functions.lua:435: in functions 'hotairrecipes'
__pypetrolleumhandling__/data-final-fixes.lua:32: in main chunk
got a chance to have a proper look. Think i found them all.
There is a sneaky one in another py mod, so please catch that one as well.
The thing that I missed was sometimes they were using single quote (')s and sometimse double quote (")s
https://github.com/pyanodon/pypetroleum ... es.lua#L37

echilda
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by echilda »

Starting a new game, I went to add stone path ghosts to my quick bar and I noticed that the (I think) clay brick is listed as Unknown Key: "item-name.bio-tile" under Angels Industries. Something to be concerned about? I did a quick search in this thread and got 0 results.
Attachments
Bio-tile.zip
Save
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
Screenshot of item
Screenshot of item
20210315120222_1.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 4523 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

echilda wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:06 pm
Starting a new game, I went to add stone path ghosts to my quick bar and I noticed that the (I think) clay brick is listed as Unknown Key: "item-name.bio-tile" under Angels Industries. Something to be concerned about? I did a quick search in this thread and got 0 results.
The bio-tile is different from clay bricks and is only partially implement. The re-use of the brick icon is a temporary placeholder.
In any case: the "unknown key" was already fixed for the next release.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

valneq wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:12 pm
echilda wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:06 pm
The bio-tile is different from clay bricks and is only partially implement. The re-use of the brick icon is a temporary placeholder.
In any case: the "unknown key" was already fixed for the next release.
the next release will implement this as a pretty substantial tier of tile, with a recipe and everything :D

Yxen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yxen »

With all overhauls enabled, I have not figured out how to progress with the modules research. I have not find a lab that would accept both module parts and the yellow analyzer.

In addition, Bob's Lab 2 is still enabled, however it cannot accept any of Angel's science analysers and is useless.
Speed Module 3.jpg
Speed Module 3.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 4256 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Yxen wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:28 am
With all overhauls enabled, I have not figured out how to progress with the modules research. I have not find a lab that would accept both module parts and the yellow analyzer.

In addition, Bob's Lab 2 is still enabled, however it cannot accept any of Angel's science analysers and is useless.

[…]
All of this is known and an unfortunate incompatibility between technology overhaul and bob's modules mod.
As a reminder: technology overhaul is not yet finished and still in alpha development phase.
In case it matters, here is a github issue to actually track progress:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/570
But don't get your hopes up too high, mod compatibility is currently not a priority for the development of technology overhaul.

Return to “Angels Mods”