Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Mecejide »

For some reason, the ratio of glycerol to acid is different for explosives than for nitroglycerin.

DarvinPavel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:30 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by DarvinPavel »

There is no drawing for "small inline storage tank", which puts the game in a dead end, so there is no way to create some buildings. For example, the liquid substance separator MK1 from the pyanodon mod. How can I solve this problem?

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

DarvinPavel wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:41 am
There is no drawing for "small inline storage tank", which puts the game in a dead end, so there is no way to create some buildings. For example, the liquid substance separator MK1 from the pyanodon mod. How can I solve this problem?
From your explanation, it is not exactly clear what the issue is. Are you unable to craft a "small inline storage tank", or are there issues with filling/emptying liquids to/from the tank?

Also: the "small inline storage tank" is from Bob's mods. You say "liquid substance separator MK1" is from Pyadonon's mods. Why do you report this to Angel's mods?

Normally, the mod "PyCoal Touched by an Angel" should be taking care of these kinds of issues. However that mod has not had an update for 8 months. If you want, you can still report this issue to Kingarthur, but no promises that he will be fixing anything anytime soon:
viewtopic.php?p=354022#p354022
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBaA

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

Mecejide wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:56 pm
For some reason, the ratio of glycerol to acid is different for explosives than for nitroglycerin.
This difference is probably caused by the fact that the recipe for nitroglycerin is from Bob's mods, but the recipe for explosives is from Angel's mods.

DarvinPavel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:30 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by DarvinPavel »

valneq wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:46 pm

From your explanation, it is not exactly clear what the issue is. Are you unable to craft a "small inline storage tank", or are there issues with filling/emptying liquids to/from the tank?

Also: the "small inline storage tank" is from Bob's mods. You say "liquid substance separator MK1" is from Pyadonon's mods. Why do you report this to Angel's mods?

Normally, the mod "PyCoal Touched by an Angel" should be taking care of these kinds of issues. However that mod has not had an update for 8 months. If you want, you can still report this issue to Kingarthur, but no promises that he will be fixing anything anytime soon:
viewtopic.php?p=354022#p354022
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBaA
The fact is that the recipe for creating "liquid substance separator MK1" has a "reservoir", and it in turn contains a "small inline storage tank" in its recipe, and its drawing is missing. In the game, "reservoir" for some reason in the tooltip refers to the Angel's mod, and "small online storage tank" to the Bob's mod. Probably, really need to write to the Bob's mod section, since there is also no drawing for "electrolyzer". I already wrote in The pyadonon's mod section, but there is no answer there. I apologize for any inaccuracies in the text - I write through an auto translator.

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

DarvinPavel wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:59 am
valneq wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:46 pm

From your explanation, it is not exactly clear what the issue is. Are you unable to craft a "small inline storage tank", or are there issues with filling/emptying liquids to/from the tank?

Also: the "small inline storage tank" is from Bob's mods. You say "liquid substance separator MK1" is from Pyadonon's mods. Why do you report this to Angel's mods?

Normally, the mod "PyCoal Touched by an Angel" should be taking care of these kinds of issues. However that mod has not had an update for 8 months. If you want, you can still report this issue to Kingarthur, but no promises that he will be fixing anything anytime soon:
viewtopic.php?p=354022#p354022
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBaA
The fact is that the recipe for creating "liquid substance separator MK1" has a "reservoir", and it in turn contains a "small inline storage tank" in its recipe, and its drawing is missing. In the game, "reservoir" for some reason in the tooltip refers to the Angel's mod, and "small online storage tank" to the Bob's mod. Probably, really need to write to the Bob's mod section, since there is also no drawing for "electrolyzer". I already wrote in The pyadonon's mod section, but there is no answer there. I apologize for any inaccuracies in the text - I write through an auto translator.
I saw that Bob is referring back to us. I still don't understand what you mean with "drawing is missing" or "no drawing". Can you maybe provide a savefile, so we can take a direct look at your save?

DarvinPavel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:30 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by DarvinPavel »

I meant the meaning of the word "drawing" = "blueprint", or most likely" recipe " for creating a game item, structure. And accordingly its absence. I already asked this question in The Bob's mods thread (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=88130&p=519589#p519589). I'll leave images here as well. They show that "reservoir" requires "small inline storage tank", but it is not available. It's the same with "electrolyzer 2", which requires "electrolyzer", and it's not there.

PS: Sorry for the big pictures, I can't put them in the spoiler.
Attachments
Screenshot - 08.11.2020 , 13_17_29.jpg
Screenshot - 08.11.2020 , 13_17_29.jpg (65.77 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Screenshot - 08.11.2020 , 13_17_52.jpg
Screenshot - 08.11.2020 , 13_17_52.jpg (57.44 KiB) Viewed 757 times

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

DarvinPavel wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:31 pm
I meant the meaning of the word "drawing" = "blueprint", or most likely" recipe " for creating a game item, structure. And accordingly its absence. I already asked this question in The Bob's mods thread (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=88130&p=519589#p519589). I'll leave images here as well. They show that "reservoir" requires "small inline storage tank", but it is not available. It's the same with "electrolyzer 2", which requires "electrolyzer", and it's not there.

PS: Sorry for the big pictures, I can't put them in the spoiler.
As long as you don't provide a savefile, I cannot help you.

DarvinPavel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:30 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by DarvinPavel »

valneq wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:38 pm
As long as you don't provide a savefile, I cannot help you.
https://dropmefiles.com/NT683

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

DarvinPavel wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:55 pm
valneq wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:38 pm
As long as you don't provide a savefile, I cannot help you.
https://dropmefiles.com/NT683
You are using PyCoalTbaA in the version by DarkShadow44. This mod is supposed to make Bob+Angel+Pyanodon playable and fix these kinds of issues.
However, it appears to cause this issue by deactivating the technology "Electrolysis 1", which unlocks both the Electrolyser 1 and the Small inline storage tank.
When I start a new game with this mod, the technology is deactivated and the items are not craftable.
When I start a new game without this mod, the technology is available and this issue does not arise.

In any case, you will need some form of migration for your savefile because it remains broken if you load your save without that mod.
In any case, please report this issue to DarkShadow44:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBa ... discussion

PS: The most recent update of Pymods breaks your mod configuration. I had to manually downgrade pycoalprocessing and pypetroleumhandling to even load your savefile.

DarvinPavel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:30 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by DarvinPavel »

Can add these items via the console command?

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

DarvinPavel wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:20 pm
Can add these items via the console command?
The command I would normally use does not work on your save. Please report this bug to DarkShadow44. His mod is breaking it, he should be able to tell you how to fix it.

User avatar
Nedreow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 3:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Nedreow »

I am running All the Angels and Bobs mods together with Science cost tweaker, however since the last Angels updates there is a cycle in the technology tree:

production-science-pack
-> angels-metallurgy-4
-> powder-metallurgy-3
-> angels-glass-smelting-3
-> advanced-electronics-2
-> sct-lab-t4
-> production-science-pack

I know this is probably caused by Science cost tweaker, and not by Angels, but I was wondering if anyone knows a fix.

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

Nedreow wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:12 pm
I am running All the Angels and Bobs mods together with Science cost tweaker, however since the last Angels updates there is a cycle in the technology tree:

production-science-pack
-> angels-metallurgy-4
-> powder-metallurgy-3
-> angels-glass-smelting-3
-> advanced-electronics-2
-> sct-lab-t4
-> production-science-pack

I know this is probably caused by Science cost tweaker, and not by Angels, but I was wondering if anyone knows a fix.
Yes, this was reported previously. It is fixed for the next release. See also here:
viewtopic.php?p=518313#p518313
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/424

DarvinPavel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:30 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by DarvinPavel »

valneq wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:02 pm
The command I would normally use does not work on your save. Please report this bug to DarkShadow44. His mod is breaking it, he should be able to tell you how to fix it.
I added these items via the map editor. As a temporary solution to this problem, it may be useful to someone else. DarkShadow44 wrote.

Eule_69
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Eule_69 »

Hi,

returning to factorio after a couple months and updated all Angel's/Bob's mods.
Is there a reason why you removed Bob's water barreling pumps (not the "Pump-Jack-Like" ones; the "Barreling Pump" which gives Water, Lithia water or ... don't remember now :-)?
Yes, i read the changelog of Angel's refining, so I see it's intended. But my factory uses them a lot. Losing it has a great impact for me.

Please, is it possible to have the choice in mod-settings to leave them in game? To be honest: Yours, with 60/sec, cannot replace the existing ones, though they are much more beautiful :-(
Apreciate your hard work and fully understand if you say no.

Thanks.

theMightyMan
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by theMightyMan »

basic transport belt is really shaky because of the limited animation frames. The basic transport belt doesn't look smooth because it shifts the sub-pixel alignment of all the elements of the belt. This is especially annoying when you stand on it because the arrow seems to move left/right every other animation frame. This makes it look stuttery.

I attached a clip of basic belts vs normal belts on how smooth they are when you stand on them (WARNING: when you see it you wont unsee ever.).
Attachments
belt.webm
(14.66 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

theMightyMan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:12 pm
basic transport belt is really shaky because of the limited animation frames. The basic transport belt doesn't look smooth because it shifts the sub-pixel alignment of all the elements of the belt. This is especially annoying when you stand on it because the arrow seems to move left/right every other animation frame. This makes it look stuttery.

I attached a clip of basic belts vs normal belts on how smooth they are when you stand on them (WARNING: when you see it you wont unsee ever.).
Basic transport belt is added by Bob's Logistics. What exactly do you expect Arch666Angel and his team to be doing about that?

theMightyMan
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by theMightyMan »

uhh I googled "bobs bug forum", I didnt care to check if it was actually for bobs lol, I'm sorry.
I am not sure how I ended up here.

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

theMightyMan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:18 pm
uhh I googled "bobs bug forum", I didnt care to check if it was actually for bobs lol, I'm sorry.
I am not sure how I ended up here.
while google might be your friend – blindly trusting your friends is not always a good idea ;-)

Post Reply

Return to “Angels Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users