Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Mortbise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:08 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Mortbise » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:06 pm

I have a feeling this guy above has the same problem as me, so I'll develop a bit :

After the latest mods updates (mainly playing with the whole Bob suite and RSO/Angel's infinite ores), when I loaded my map all the infinite non-vanilla ores from Bob were deleted, while the non-infinite ores stayed where they were.

Seems to be the case on a brand new world too but I didn't wander very far for obvious freshly-born player squishyness, though I confirmed spawning of normal Bob ores (and no infinite ones whatsoever).

That's about it.

And no, the may 31st patch didn't fix it. Unless Bob wanted infinite ores to be removed :o

Neyar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Neyar » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Mortbise wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:06 pm
I have a feeling this guy above has the same problem as me, so I'll develop a bit :

After the latest mods updates (mainly playing with the whole Bob suite and RSO/Angel's infinite ores), when I loaded my map all the infinite non-vanilla ores from Bob were deleted, while the non-infinite ores stayed where they were.
I'm having the same issue, with the latest 0.8.6 infinite ores version. My current playthrough just deletes/removes the unknown "infinite ore" entities when I load up the save.
Angels Error.jpg
Angels Error.jpg (28.16 KiB) Viewed 787 times
I got this same error with 0.8.4, and can't confirm 0.8.5 since Factorio wouldn't even let me load the mod into the game for that version. I was forced to "unload" Infinite Ores before getting to the main menu in 0.8.5. Thankfully 0.8.6 loads, but still doesn't recognize infinite ore.

ohmusama
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by ohmusama » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:23 pm

GrimerX wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:00 pm
ohmusama wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:21 am
Do we know when angel's infinite ores is going to be compatible with bob's ore's again?
Depending on which issue you are talking about, it may already be fixed:

----
Version: 0.8.5
Date: 31.05.2019
Changes:
- adjustments to resource generator in cooperation with bobbbingabout
----
Huh, I have 0.8.6 and it still deletes all my infinite ores.

GrimerX
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by GrimerX » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:53 am

ohmusama wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:23 pm
GrimerX wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:00 pm
ohmusama wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:21 am
Do we know when angel's infinite ores is going to be compatible with bob's ore's again?
Depending on which issue you are talking about, it may already be fixed:

----
Version: 0.8.5
Date: 31.05.2019
Changes:
- adjustments to resource generator in cooperation with bobbbingabout
----
Huh, I have 0.8.6 and it still deletes all my infinite ores.
It's probably another mod. I don't have that issue. Here's my modlist:

122.438 Checksum of MaintenanceMadness: 775687872
122.438 Checksum of Soundpack-alerts-and-sirens: 1239884908
122.438 Checksum of what-is-it-really-used-for: 4022660739
122.438 Checksum of aai-industry: 3887443734
122.438 Checksum of aai-signal-transmission: 3356867490
122.438 Checksum of aai-signals: 2261738169
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-chaingunner: 1784905760
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-hauler: 3776294681
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-laser-tank: 2959302605
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-miner: 2123171834
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-warden: 3121478813
122.438 Checksum of aai-zones: 764660141
122.438 Checksum of AlertsList: 897902100
122.438 Checksum of alien-biomes-hr-terrain: 2010945986
122.438 Checksum of angelsaddons-cab: 1636910372
122.438 Checksum of angelsaddons-petrotrain: 324332802
122.438 Checksum of angelsaddons-smeltingtrain: 4149390473
122.438 Checksum of apm_lib: 2245660924
122.438 Checksum of apm_resource_pack: 1480106216
122.438 Checksum of Armored-train: 2721433040
122.438 Checksum of attach-notes: 2626700754
122.438 Checksum of AutoDeconstruct: 2582707891
122.438 Checksum of beautiful_bridge_railway: 1566978503
122.438 Checksum of boblibrary: 2378563878
122.438 Checksum of Bottleneck: 3138809866
122.438 Checksum of bullet-trails: 3671570151
122.438 Checksum of creative-mod: 1892344902
122.438 Checksum of deadlock-beltboxes-loaders: 3300889122
122.438 Checksum of DeadlockCrating: 3719842516
122.438 Checksum of DeadlockLargerLamp: 1635745026
122.438 Checksum of DiscoScience: 1074298861
122.438 Checksum of even-distribution: 531838026
122.438 Checksum of EvoGUI: 3279161307
122.438 Checksum of Fill4Me: 3404646308
122.438 Checksum of FNEI: 1332036379
122.438 Checksum of fws: 3528561151
122.438 Checksum of helmod: 2582671727
122.438 Checksum of Honk: 243896669
122.438 Checksum of Inventory Sensor: 3530739850
122.438 Checksum of Longer_Days_and_Nights: 2870610929
122.438 Checksum of MaxRateCalculator: 2542966774
122.438 Checksum of Nuclear Fuel: 452451529
122.438 Checksum of OpteraLib: 2463839464
122.438 Checksum of pollution-detector: 1641436466
122.438 Checksum of Portals: 1695962965
122.438 Checksum of power-grid-comb: 1829121871
122.438 Checksum of pushbutton: 2363802393
122.438 Checksum of qol_research: 3650033342
122.438 Checksum of radar-signals: 3104312551
122.438 Checksum of Rampant: 165104443
122.438 Checksum of robot_attrition: 4231589252
122.438 Checksum of speaker-signals: 3908214165
122.438 Checksum of stdlib: 68667574
122.438 Checksum of textplates: 2023599305
122.438 Checksum of Todo-List: 3182550957
122.438 Checksum of UnminableBots: 2573915646
122.438 Checksum of ZRecycling: 3472790210
122.438 Checksum of aai-programmable-structures: 4071669958
122.438 Checksum of alien-biomes: 1100617421
122.438 Checksum of apm_recycling: 231252484
122.438 Checksum of bobequipment: 1747497181
122.438 Checksum of bobores: 2217361090
122.438 Checksum of bobtech: 3556593645
122.438 Checksum of crafting_combinator: 3258078911
122.438 Checksum of Realistic_Electric_Trains: 3515591760
122.438 Checksum of speaker-signals-expansion: 3336616831
122.438 Checksum of aai-programmable-vehicles: 242786403
122.438 Checksum of apm_nuclear: 3364315726
122.438 Checksum of apm_power: 289839939
122.438 Checksum of bobplates: 2165067058
122.438 Checksum of Dectorio: 1942709027
122.438 Checksum of rso-mod: 1941456035
122.438 Checksum of AAI-CraftTab: 350959
122.438 Checksum of AsphaltRoads: 1758056996
122.438 Checksum of bobassembly: 1185353989
122.438 Checksum of bobelectronics: 4107517734
122.438 Checksum of boblogistics: 3370901688
122.438 Checksum of bobmining: 1899912674
122.438 Checksum of bobpower: 1727709700
122.438 Checksum of bobrevamp: 702745769
122.438 Checksum of bobwarfare: 3717539346
122.438 Checksum of Deadlock-AAII-bridge: 1870793958
122.438 Checksum of dirtybarrels: 1979762416
122.438 Checksum of air-filtering-patched: 2365594205
122.438 Checksum of angelsrefining: 2575757987
122.438 Checksum of beautiful_bridge_railway_bob_fix_updated: 669285556
122.438 Checksum of bob-basic-belt-reskin: 879441758
122.438 Checksum of bobmodules: 2483356921
122.438 Checksum of bobvehicleequipment: 1552159803
122.438 Checksum of deadlock-integrations: 3814085524
122.438 Checksum of early_construction: 216511321
122.438 Checksum of PavementDriveAssist: 521248945
122.438 Checksum of angelsaddons-oresilos: 1545536894
122.438 Checksum of angelsinfiniteores: 3526708658
122.438 Checksum of angelspetrochem: 1184807778
122.438 Checksum of grimerx-angels-tweaks: 1574296083
122.438 Checksum of omnilib: 146975626
122.438 Checksum of ShinyBobGFX: 2352605642
122.438 Checksum of SpaceMod: 1240619207
122.438 Checksum of YARM: 871297985
122.438 Checksum of angelssmelting: 2492945521
122.438 Checksum of cargo-ships: 3519446209
122.438 Checksum of angelsbioprocessing: 3387071644
122.438 Checksum of deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs: 2656037687
122.438 Checksum of heavyfreight: 4014290721
122.438 Checksum of LogisticTrainNetwork: 2316787481
122.438 Checksum of MoreSciencePacks: 1593703183
122.438 Checksum of Rocket-Silo-Construction: 955392617
122.438 Checksum of ShinyAngelGFX: 2616363950
122.438 Checksum of angelsindustries: 1523589521
122.438 Checksum of grimerx-angels-fuelstack-rebalance: 4063858943
122.438 Checksum of grimerx-make-outposts-great-again: 2163864623
122.438 Checksum of LTN_Tracker: 1369407423
122.438 Checksum of ScienceCostTweakerM: 813077870
122.438 Checksum of grimerx-better-together: 773693187
122.438 Checksum of LTN_Combinator: 892011993

kingarthur
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by kingarthur » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:57 am

GrimerX wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:53 am
ohmusama wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:23 pm
GrimerX wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:00 pm
ohmusama wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:21 am
Do we know when angel's infinite ores is going to be compatible with bob's ore's again?
Depending on which issue you are talking about, it may already be fixed:

----
Version: 0.8.5
Date: 31.05.2019
Changes:
- adjustments to resource generator in cooperation with bobbbingabout
----
Huh, I have 0.8.6 and it still deletes all my infinite ores.
It's probably another mod. I don't have that issue. Here's my modlist:

122.438 Checksum of MaintenanceMadness: 775687872
122.438 Checksum of Soundpack-alerts-and-sirens: 1239884908
122.438 Checksum of what-is-it-really-used-for: 4022660739
122.438 Checksum of aai-industry: 3887443734
122.438 Checksum of aai-signal-transmission: 3356867490
122.438 Checksum of aai-signals: 2261738169
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-chaingunner: 1784905760
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-hauler: 3776294681
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-laser-tank: 2959302605
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-miner: 2123171834
122.438 Checksum of aai-vehicles-warden: 3121478813
122.438 Checksum of aai-zones: 764660141
122.438 Checksum of AlertsList: 897902100
122.438 Checksum of alien-biomes-hr-terrain: 2010945986
122.438 Checksum of angelsaddons-cab: 1636910372
122.438 Checksum of angelsaddons-petrotrain: 324332802
122.438 Checksum of angelsaddons-smeltingtrain: 4149390473
122.438 Checksum of apm_lib: 2245660924
122.438 Checksum of apm_resource_pack: 1480106216
122.438 Checksum of Armored-train: 2721433040
122.438 Checksum of attach-notes: 2626700754
122.438 Checksum of AutoDeconstruct: 2582707891
122.438 Checksum of beautiful_bridge_railway: 1566978503
122.438 Checksum of boblibrary: 2378563878
122.438 Checksum of Bottleneck: 3138809866
122.438 Checksum of bullet-trails: 3671570151
122.438 Checksum of creative-mod: 1892344902
122.438 Checksum of deadlock-beltboxes-loaders: 3300889122
122.438 Checksum of DeadlockCrating: 3719842516
122.438 Checksum of DeadlockLargerLamp: 1635745026
122.438 Checksum of DiscoScience: 1074298861
122.438 Checksum of even-distribution: 531838026
122.438 Checksum of EvoGUI: 3279161307
122.438 Checksum of Fill4Me: 3404646308
122.438 Checksum of FNEI: 1332036379
122.438 Checksum of fws: 3528561151
122.438 Checksum of helmod: 2582671727
122.438 Checksum of Honk: 243896669
122.438 Checksum of Inventory Sensor: 3530739850
122.438 Checksum of Longer_Days_and_Nights: 2870610929
122.438 Checksum of MaxRateCalculator: 2542966774
122.438 Checksum of Nuclear Fuel: 452451529
122.438 Checksum of OpteraLib: 2463839464
122.438 Checksum of pollution-detector: 1641436466
122.438 Checksum of Portals: 1695962965
122.438 Checksum of power-grid-comb: 1829121871
122.438 Checksum of pushbutton: 2363802393
122.438 Checksum of qol_research: 3650033342
122.438 Checksum of radar-signals: 3104312551
122.438 Checksum of Rampant: 165104443
122.438 Checksum of robot_attrition: 4231589252
122.438 Checksum of speaker-signals: 3908214165
122.438 Checksum of stdlib: 68667574
122.438 Checksum of textplates: 2023599305
122.438 Checksum of Todo-List: 3182550957
122.438 Checksum of UnminableBots: 2573915646
122.438 Checksum of ZRecycling: 3472790210
122.438 Checksum of aai-programmable-structures: 4071669958
122.438 Checksum of alien-biomes: 1100617421
122.438 Checksum of apm_recycling: 231252484
122.438 Checksum of bobequipment: 1747497181
122.438 Checksum of bobores: 2217361090
122.438 Checksum of bobtech: 3556593645
122.438 Checksum of crafting_combinator: 3258078911
122.438 Checksum of Realistic_Electric_Trains: 3515591760
122.438 Checksum of speaker-signals-expansion: 3336616831
122.438 Checksum of aai-programmable-vehicles: 242786403
122.438 Checksum of apm_nuclear: 3364315726
122.438 Checksum of apm_power: 289839939
122.438 Checksum of bobplates: 2165067058
122.438 Checksum of Dectorio: 1942709027
122.438 Checksum of rso-mod: 1941456035
122.438 Checksum of AAI-CraftTab: 350959
122.438 Checksum of AsphaltRoads: 1758056996
122.438 Checksum of bobassembly: 1185353989
122.438 Checksum of bobelectronics: 4107517734
122.438 Checksum of boblogistics: 3370901688
122.438 Checksum of bobmining: 1899912674
122.438 Checksum of bobpower: 1727709700
122.438 Checksum of bobrevamp: 702745769
122.438 Checksum of bobwarfare: 3717539346
122.438 Checksum of Deadlock-AAII-bridge: 1870793958
122.438 Checksum of dirtybarrels: 1979762416
122.438 Checksum of air-filtering-patched: 2365594205
122.438 Checksum of angelsrefining: 2575757987
122.438 Checksum of beautiful_bridge_railway_bob_fix_updated: 669285556
122.438 Checksum of bob-basic-belt-reskin: 879441758
122.438 Checksum of bobmodules: 2483356921
122.438 Checksum of bobvehicleequipment: 1552159803
122.438 Checksum of deadlock-integrations: 3814085524
122.438 Checksum of early_construction: 216511321
122.438 Checksum of PavementDriveAssist: 521248945
122.438 Checksum of angelsaddons-oresilos: 1545536894
122.438 Checksum of angelsinfiniteores: 3526708658
122.438 Checksum of angelspetrochem: 1184807778
122.438 Checksum of grimerx-angels-tweaks: 1574296083
122.438 Checksum of omnilib: 146975626
122.438 Checksum of ShinyBobGFX: 2352605642
122.438 Checksum of SpaceMod: 1240619207
122.438 Checksum of YARM: 871297985
122.438 Checksum of angelssmelting: 2492945521
122.438 Checksum of cargo-ships: 3519446209
122.438 Checksum of angelsbioprocessing: 3387071644
122.438 Checksum of deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs: 2656037687
122.438 Checksum of heavyfreight: 4014290721
122.438 Checksum of LogisticTrainNetwork: 2316787481
122.438 Checksum of MoreSciencePacks: 1593703183
122.438 Checksum of Rocket-Silo-Construction: 955392617
122.438 Checksum of ShinyAngelGFX: 2616363950
122.438 Checksum of angelsindustries: 1523589521
122.438 Checksum of grimerx-angels-fuelstack-rebalance: 4063858943
122.438 Checksum of grimerx-make-outposts-great-again: 2163864623
122.438 Checksum of LTN_Tracker: 1369407423
122.438 Checksum of ScienceCostTweakerM: 813077870
122.438 Checksum of grimerx-better-together: 773693187
122.438 Checksum of LTN_Combinator: 892011993
It's a known issue and being worked on. If you go into mod setting and under Bob's ore turn the ores on again it should fix the issue till a update is made

User avatar
Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:11 pm

So there are a lot of changes going on currently in the background with the game being updated frequently and rather impacting changes and also bob being pretty active as well. Bob and I tried to put the resource generation algorithm' on a common ground, that's why that changed again. I hope the worst bugs are now ironed out again.

User avatar
AmatorPhasma
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by AmatorPhasma » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Your bugfix for the barreling modification function doesn't work as expected.

I have attached an image how the barrels look for my mods and also for the geothermal mod.
Must have something todo with 64px icons, sorry didn't had the time to look deeper into this to point you on the right spot :(
Attachments
angel_barrel.png
angel_barrel.png (76.81 KiB) Viewed 665 times

AzulCless
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by AzulCless » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Sorry! I know you updated less than 4 hours ago, but...

Image

factorio 0.17.45, using only this mod.

Mortbise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:08 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Mortbise » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:23 pm

I was posting almost the same error window when I saw under the preview button that someone had too.
.

User avatar
Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:23 pm

AmatorPhasma wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:08 pm
Your bugfix for the barreling modification function doesn't work as expected.

I have attached an image how the barrels look for my mods and also for the geothermal mod.
Must have something todo with 64px icons, sorry didn't had the time to look deeper into this to point you on the right spot :(
Well at least it's merging as intended, but spot the difference:
Image

User avatar
Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:24 pm

AzulCless wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:12 pm
Sorry! I know you updated less than 4 hours ago, but...

Image

factorio 0.17.45, using only this mod.
Will fix this with the next update, forgot two brakets

alercah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:19 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by alercah » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:22 pm

Minor graphical bug: create a no-return valve, facing west, and fill it with sulfuric waste water. Nothing in the tile south of it. A small green bar appears in that southern tile.

aelishir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by aelishir » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi!

Sorry it's me again!

i've a new bug with Petro Chemical Processing .

i hope the screen is good for you resolve the problem

nice work!

have nice day


Edit: i thinks i've found the problem! it's a conflict witch 2 mods: More science and more science - bobangel's extension
perhaps it will help you to knows that ^^
Attachments
bug angelpretrochem.PNG
bug angelpretrochem.PNG (87.51 KiB) Viewed 535 times

theMightyMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ - incorrect Product definition

Post by theMightyMan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:28 pm

In recipes like

Code: Select all

desert-garden-cultivating-b
from

Code: Select all

crop-farming.lua
(just an example, its used everywhere) you use amount and probability together which should not be allowed (but still works). I dont know if this is supposed to be this way but the result is that you get either 8 or 0 out of this recipe. it would be more logical if you would get something between 0 and 8 with a probability of .5.
I would switch to using amount_min and amount_max which aren't well documented but should work better for use cases like this recipe.

alercah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:19 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by alercah » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Electrowinning is misspelled, it seems. Searching for "whinning" returns no hits.

LauPaSat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by LauPaSat » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:20 am

I noticed that Anaerobic Fermentation to acetic acid now outputs ethanol and one to ethanol outputs acetic acid.

alercah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:19 am
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by alercah » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:02 pm

That's intentional; they were backwards before.

Khaim
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ - incorrect Product definition

Post by Khaim » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:28 pm

theMightyMan wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:28 pm
... you use amount and probability together which should not be allowed (but still works). I dont know if this is supposed to be this way but the result is that you get either 8 or 0 out of this recipe. it would be more logical if you would get something between 0 and 8 with a probability of .5.
I'm pretty sure that's intentional. Notice that the seed-extraction recipes give either zero or five seeds, and you need exactly five seeds to grow a crop. And he knows about amount_min/amount_max, he uses it for the crop outputs.

I don't know why advanced-cultivation gives a batch of 8 bio-tokens, but it's not a mistake.

Khaim
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Khaim » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 pm

alercah wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:47 am
While regular ore smelting gets you 3 plates from 4 ores, advanced gets you 1:1. But steel smelting is 2 steel from 8 iron, while advanced offers 6 steel ingots from 24 iron... the same ratio. There's a slight improvement to the oxygen use but that's hardly a big deal.
Smelting ingots is much faster than smelting plates. IIRC it's something like 16 seconds for 8->2 plates and 4 seconds for 24->6 ingots.
alercah wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:47 am
Additionally, unless my math is wrong, going via a coil has little benefit, as it adds an extra step in exchange for slightly faster processing. It doesn't seem worthwhile to have two separate steps here?
You're not wrong; the tier-1 coil recipes are no more efficient than simple casting, although they are slightly faster. (The tier-2 coil recipes add output in exchange for coolant.)
However the real benefit is compression. You're probably cutting the coil into plate immediately - don't! Each sheet coil item is 4 plates; if you move them as coils you can get 4x the throughput. That's huge.
alercah wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:47 am
P.S. Bob's electrolyser is still craftable, but useless.
Are you sure? In a previous version of Seablock there were some recipes that had to use Bob's electrolysers. Lithium products, mostly. I don't know how it is now; my new game isn't there yet.

Kargaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Kargaros » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:25 am

Is it intended that out of all the petrochem buildings I have unlocked so far, the Liquifier Mk4 seems the only one that is less energy efficient compared to the previous tier?

Liquifier Mk3 has an energy consumption of 200 kW and a crafting speed of 3, Liquifier Mk4 has a whopping energy consumption of 300 kW but only a crafting speed of 3.75 (crafting speed of 4.5 would be the same efficiency as Mk3). Am I missing something?
The pollution of Mk4 is in line with the energy consumption -- I think it is slightly more efficient for pollution per energy compared to Mk3, but significantly less efficient for pollution per crafting compared to Mk3.

Post Reply

Return to “Angels Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users