Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Aerospacesmith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Aerospacesmith »

paulcd2000 wrote:It looks like in the current version of Angel's Refining, the metals used for the crusher and sorter are stepped up a tier; the t1 sorter requires steel, and the t2 requires brass. The source looks like it should be asking for iron and steel respectively, so I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT: It looks like what ACTUALLY happened is that the items were changed from 1-indexed to 0-indexed (iron used to be t1-gears and is now t0-gears), but the recipes where not adjusted to match.
Ah, that's the issue I've been having, but with brass. I can't progress any further because I need zinc to make brass, but all the ways to get zinc requires brass pipes. I can't even get into oil production because the Oil-Gas Separator needs brass. That makes sense if all the recipes are shifted up a tier.

paulcd2000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by paulcd2000 »

Aerospacesmith wrote:
paulcd2000 wrote:It looks like in the current version of Angel's Refining, the metals used for the crusher and sorter are stepped up a tier; the t1 sorter requires steel, and the t2 requires brass. The source looks like it should be asking for iron and steel respectively, so I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT: It looks like what ACTUALLY happened is that the items were changed from 1-indexed to 0-indexed (iron used to be t1-gears and is now t0-gears), but the recipes where not adjusted to match.
Ah, that's the issue I've been having, but with brass. I can't progress any further because I need zinc to make brass, but all the ways to get zinc requires brass pipes. I can't even get into oil production because the Oil-Gas Separator needs brass. That makes sense if all the recipes are shifted up a tier.
It looks like it's not all recipes, it's remarkably inconsistent. If you want to fix it, the easiest way is to load up an old version of the mod and then tweak the recipes to use the right tier of equipment.

Lurve
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurve »

It looks like t1-plates and t2-plates are both steel for some reason, while t2-gears and t2-pipes are brass.

At any rate, here's a lua file with just the floatation cell downgraded to t1-pipe (steel). Replace the existing file in angelsrefining/prototypes/recipes with this one.

Are there any more recipes that make progress unattainable? This might be a bug, but overall I kinda like the change. It's made my early-game entirely about steel production, which at 8 iron plates for 1 steel now, is a steeply uphill slog.
Attachments
refining-entity-angels.lua
(26.04 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

Aerospacesmith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aerospacesmith »

16.7 broke the PetroChem train mod. "Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "petro-tank1" (fluid-wagon):Key "capacity" not found in property tree at ROOT.fluid-wagon.petro-tank1"

From the 16.7 Changelog:
"Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid."

That probably has something to do with it :D .

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Aerospacesmith wrote:16.7 broke the PetroChem train mod. "Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "petro-tank1" (fluid-wagon):Key "capacity" not found in property tree at ROOT.fluid-wagon.petro-tank1"

From the 16.7 Changelog:
"Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid."

That probably has something to do with it :D .
Yay more stuff to fix! :D

I dont have that much time at the moment, so I cant do instant updates, but I'm trying my best. I tinkered with the building recipes a lot because of the new parts/components I'm adding, that's what broke the building recipes. I hope I got it right now did some more tweaks.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Arch666Angel wrote:....because of the new parts/components I'm adding....
Ooooooooh :lol:

The hype train is departing platform 3 shortly!

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

MadClown01 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:....because of the new parts/components I'm adding....
Ooooooooh :lol:

The hype train is departing platform 3 shortly!
/me hops on board and blows the whistle for good measure CHOOCHOOOO

P.s. Angel you have no idea how much I appreciate you and Bob being on the updates of your mods even considdering you both say you have little time atm; Vanilla Factorio IS a lot of fun don't get me wrong but I'm just too big of an AngelBob fan I guess to not express that appreciation for what you guys are doing.

P.p.s AngelBob.... next thing you guys are going to tell me is that you picked your names on purpose like that and you're Doctor Who fans. "The Angels have taken the Iron Ore."

EDIT: Fixed the Petrochem train bug by replacing the Entry "total_capacity" to just "capacity" and the number from 25000 * 3 to 75000 to match (testing now; then saw you already did the same *snaps fingers*)

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

I got an error for non reason, in the petro trains.
Error while loading entity prototype "petro-tank1" (fluid-wagon): Key "capacity" not found in property tree at ROOT.fluid-wagon.petro-tank1
Modifications: Angel's Addons - Petrochem Train
It was working nicely yesterday, I saved and close the game, today I got this :cry: . I didn't make any mod update.
Looks like Factorio has made an update last night.

Looks like that change was the cause.
Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

since when you need mineral catalyst for saph + jivo -> iron ore sorting?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

safan wrote:since when you need mineral catalyst for saph + jivo -> iron ore sorting?
The new updates for 0.16 also changed some recipes. f.e. this one. So i think, slag processing will get more important 8-)

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

The second molten bronze (Advanced bronze smelting 2) recipe doesn't show up in the induction furnace (bronze, tin, nickel).
Does you need to use advanced induction furnace to use more than 2 itens like assemblers now, or is it a bug?

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Hello, just noticing something on the new Ferric / Cupric recipes (big fan of btw, lots to play with) - is it possible the two got mixed up? Cupric powder can be separated into tin and copper - so intuitively shouldn't it be the one made from crushed bobmonium / stiratite / crotinnium, as these directly smelt to make tin / copper themselves?

Legless
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Legless »

Though it was mentioned already, there are problems with zinc. We can't get zinc ore at Sorting mk1, it is as planned. Sorting mk2 gives us zinc ore, but in order to build it - we need brass gears (that's being made out of zinc and copper). There is a little probability that I've missed something, but I went through all Helmod's production branches. Hope you'll verify and fix it.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Legless wrote:Though it was mentioned already, there are problems with zinc. We can't get zinc ore at Sorting mk1, it is as planned. Sorting mk2 gives us zinc ore, but in order to build it - we need brass gears (that's being made out of zinc and copper). There is a little probability that I've missed something, but I went through all Helmod's production branches. Hope you'll verify and fix it.
Get The last update from the portal, that issue should already be fixed. If the recipes didn't update you might need to reset them manually

Legless
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Legless »

Get The last update from the portal, that issue should already be fixed. If the recipes didn't update you might need to reset them manually
Our server uses last 0.9.3 version, we update ASAP.

I looked through .lua files (refining-entity-angels.lua and recipe-builder-fallbacks.lua)
mk1 sorter uses

Code: Select all

{"sorter-1", 1},
{"t0-plate", 12},
{"t0-circuit", 12},
{"t1-brick", 12},
{"t0-gears", 8},
mk2 sorter uses

Code: Select all

{"sorter-2", 1},
{"t2-plate", 12},
{"t2-circuit", 12},
{"t2-brick", 12},
{"t2-gears", 8},
The solution is obvious: in sorter & Fl.Cell recipes should be steel gear (t1), same with pipes. Otherwise it is literally progress stopper, because we need adv.ingridient to build a machine that would produce us adv.ingridient.
Also, is it intended that both t1, t2 plates are steel?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I also changed the fallback list. Could you start a new game and check the recipes? T2 pipe should be steel pipe. I'm not at home, so earliest I can fix it is after the Christmas holidays.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

New game does not help - refining structures require steel/brass, aluminium/titan, titan/tungsten combos.

Zorku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zorku »

As per recipe-builder-fallbacks.lua your t2-plate is steel plate, t2 brick is clay brick, t2 gear wheel is brass, and t2 pipe is brass.
As per refining-entity-angels.lua your ore-sorting-facility-2 lists all t2 materials for both normal and expensive recipes.

Looking at a copy of 0.7.17 I already had hanging out in my downloads folder, your t2 brick used to be stone-brick, t2 gear wheels were steel, and t2 pipes were also steel. In that version you asked for t2 plate (steel), t1 circuit, t3 brick (clay) and t2 gears (steel.) Based on comparing these categories your tier 0 has come very close to simplifying your recipes, but has not quite managed to line things up as expected.

Looking ahead, aluminum and titanium both sort with t2 sorter so that shouldn't be impossible, but getting the titanium to make a leeching plant so that you can get crystals to sort into titanium is also going to be problematic. The T1 ore refinery still only uses titanium so no problem there.

Anyone looking to modify this in the mean time will need to modify the t2 sorter and t1 floatation cell to require t1 gear wheels and t1 pipes respectively, and the leeching plant to use t2 pipes.

I'm not familiar with a lot of the higher yield production lines, but they don't seem to be necessary for acquiring your first units of the metals it takes to make these structures in the same way.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Yeah the problem is the brass pipes, they should be shifted one position down to t3. I probably forgot to save the lua or something. Anyway fix will only happen after the holidays so merry Christmas everyone and thanks for the patience

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Fixed lua with downgraded brass-nithinol pipes/gears to match respective plates.
Factorio\mods\angelsrefining_0.9.3\prototypes
Attachments
recipe-builder-fallbacks.lua
(15.21 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

Return to “Angels Mods”