Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

war877
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by war877 »

In a recent update, chemical and thermal refining became less efficient. Chemical now requires one more ore than it produces and thermal requires two more ore than it produces.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

war877 wrote:In a recent update, chemical and thermal refining became less efficient. Chemical now requires one more ore than it produces and thermal requires two more ore than it produces.
That's if you play on marathon mode.

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

Posting this here because I forgot that there was a dedicated bug thread:
buggy123 wrote:I found a sort-of issue with Bob's mod compatibility. Lithium perchlorate can only be produced in a bob's mod electrolyzer, using bob's version of purified water (which is made in a assembly machine for some reason). There shouldn't be any mods causing conflicts, see the picture for details.

kordansk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kordansk »

There is a mod option in Bobs for enabling/disabling pure water.

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

But shouldn't it be replaced by Angel's pure water by default?

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

Is it intentional that all the casting machine recipes are now set to 0.5sec? With that change you reduce the amount of casting machines by a factor of 4 which is pretty significant.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Tindrith wrote:Is it intentional that all the casting machine recipes are now set to 0.5sec? With that change you reduce the amount of casting machines by a factor of 4 which is pretty significant.
No that is not intended, pretty sure that is a problem of converting the recipes to use the normal/expensive modes. I'll work on a fix.

desep
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by desep »

Molten Bronze I & Molten Bronze II produce 240, it is correct?

hardmav
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hardmav »

Used Coolant as Input ?
Attachments
20170720123241_1.jpg
20170720123241_1.jpg (83.23 KiB) Viewed 6169 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

desep wrote:Molten Bronze I & Molten Bronze II produce 240, it is correct?
That should have been fixed with the last version.
hardmav wrote:Used Coolant as Input ?
Good catch, fixing it.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hey Angel,

did you change something with Bob's Metal Mixing Furnace in your last update?
I can't find the corresponding technology anymore.

Edit: It's called Alloy processing 1. I could only find it, if i click through the technology tree but it's not listed on the left side, even if i search for it.
Note: I've researched it already.

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:Hey Angel,

Edit: It's called Alloy processing 1. I could only find it, if i click through the technology tree but it's not listed on the left side, even if i search for it.

Greetings, steinio.
Alloy processing 1 is set to require Advanced Bronze Smelting 1 as a prerequisite and it's showing up fine in my test environment. Do you have any other mod messing with smelting and or bobplates?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Arch666Angel wrote:

Greetings, steinio.
Alloy processing 1 is set to require Advanced Bronze Smelting 1 as a prerequisite and it's showing up fine in my test environment. Do you have any other mod messing with smelting and or bobplates?
Well it's in the technology tree but not on the left side.
Idon't care because i have researched it already but an other player can't find the blue furnace. So i just wondering if it's hidden somewhere.

Edit: lol i said all this before sorry o_O. I also use AAI Industries.

Greetings, steinio.
Attachments
alloy 1.png
alloy 1.png (2.03 MiB) Viewed 6109 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

amgine
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by amgine »

Arch666Angel wrote:
war877 wrote:In a recent update, chemical and thermal refining became less efficient. Chemical now requires one more ore than it produces and thermal requires two more ore than it produces.
I think he means that recipes now produce:
  • 2+1+1+1+1=6 ores from 7 crystals (after chemical refining)
  • 2+1+1+1+1+1=7 ores from 9 pure ore (after thermal refining)
but it was:
  • 3+1+1+1+1=7 ores from 7 crystals (after chemical refining)
  • 3+2+1+1+1+1=9 ores from 9 pure ore (after thermal refining)
(marathon mode is disabled in both samples, and it only seems to influence input)

refining-override-bob.lua (could find only an old one from 0.6.13) used to be something like this:

Code: Select all

angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "iron-ore", "item", 3)
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "copper-ore", "item", 2)
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "bauxite-ore", "item", 1)
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "zinc-ore", "item", 1)	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "silver-ore", "item", 1)
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "tungsten-ore", "item", 1)
but now output is different:

--PURE
      { name = "angelsore4-pure-processing", results = {
         {"!!"},
         { "copper-ore", 2 },
         { "iron-ore", 1 },
         { "lead-ore", 1 },
         { "silver-ore", 1 },
         { "gold-ore", 1 },
         { "rutile-ore", 1 }
      } },

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Smelting 0.3.6 appears to have broken my early game sorting setup: I was relying on being able to have a sorter output to a bunch of furnaces directly to not need filter inserters, but now that smelting base ores requires a stack of 4, the inserters get stuck holding the wrong item type since they aren't loading the furnaces in multiples of 4.

I realise the change to 4:3 ratio was intentional but did you mean to break this type of setup? Or am I doing something wrong and there's still a way for this to work okay? Or should I just do something else?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

amgine wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
I think he means that recipes now produce:
  • 2+1+1+1+1=6 ores from 7 crystals (after chemical refining)
  • 2+1+1+1+1+1=7 ores from 9 pure ore (after thermal refining)
but it was:
  • 3+1+1+1+1=7 ores from 7 crystals (after chemical refining)
  • 3+2+1+1+1+1=9 ores from 9 pure ore (after thermal refining)
(marathon mode is disabled in both samples, and it only seems to influence input)

refining-override-bob.lua (could find only an old one from 0.6.13) used to be something like this:

angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "iron-ore", "item", 3)
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "copper-ore", "item", 2)
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "bauxite-ore", "item", 1)
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "zinc-ore", "item", 1)	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "silver-ore", "item", 1)
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-pure-processing", "tungsten-ore", "item", 1)
but now output is different:

--PURE
      { name = "angelsore4-pure-processing", results = {
         {"!!"},
         { "copper-ore", 2 },
         { "iron-ore", 1 },
         { "lead-ore", 1 },
         { "silver-ore", 1 },
         { "gold-ore", 1 },
         { "rutile-ore", 1 }
      } },
You are right that is indeed a real boo-boo

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

torne wrote:Smelting 0.3.6 appears to have broken my early game sorting setup: I was relying on being able to have a sorter output to a bunch of furnaces directly to not need filter inserters, but now that smelting base ores requires a stack of 4, the inserters get stuck holding the wrong item type since they aren't loading the furnaces in multiples of 4.

I realise the change to 4:3 ratio was intentional but did you mean to break this type of setup? Or am I doing something wrong and there's still a way for this to work okay? Or should I just do something else?
If you already have stack size bonus, you can set a stack override on the inserter.

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

Arch666Angel wrote:You are right that is indeed a real boo-boo
I think that one's my fault; I was in a hurry to get the files into a state where I could debug the new code, so I was doing a lot of copy/paste of one recipe and then editing in the correct values; I must have lost track of where I was in the file. Then of course it went unnoticed until somebody actually played far enough into the game to use those recipes.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

steinio wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

Greetings, steinio.
Well it's in the technology tree but not on the left side.
Idon't care because i have researched it already but an other player can't find the blue furnace. So i just wondering if it's hidden somewhere.

Edit: lol i said all this before sorry o_O. I also use AAI Industries.

Greetings, steinio.
What you are seeing is the fact that alloy processing techs are levels of same tech so game will show only last level on the right to research. So you researched lvl 1 and lvl 2 is ready to research now and thats what is shown on right side.
I'm assuming that furnaces can be built without issues?

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

Manual crafting of Copper Cable now defaults to unwinding Copper Coil which would force me to carry Copper Coils instead of Copper Plates. Is that intended or a boo boo?

Return to “Angels Mods”