Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

CitizenJoe
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by CitizenJoe »

Well, everyone else seems to be reporting all of the obvious issues, so I guess I'll bring up a smal nitpick. Why is the coloration on Bob's chemical plants removed?With the number of variations and the sheer number of them you end up using, being able to identify them at a glance is very useful.

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

aklesey1 wrote:Where to use big counts of base mineral oil?
The best option is to convert it to syntesis but i don't know where i need so many plastics :mrgreen:
I can produce methanol with green catalysts but i'll need many many silver with aluminium, and then I precisely need jivolite with crotinjnium
If you're playing with bob's mods, I'm 90% sure you'll need TONS of it for lubricant (and polishing compound) down the line. I'd keep storing it until you are certain that you won't end up needing it.

As for the green catalysts, you don't need jivolite or crontinnium. Silver can be produced from lead oxide and nickel via one of bob's lead processing routes, and aluminum can be had from rubyte chunk sorting (among others). At the absolute worst case, you can just set up slag processing to make the ores needed for catalysts. Keep in mind that each ore produces 10 catalysts, so you don't need much ore to process tons of petrochems.

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timer67 »

The Green metal Catalysts used in making Nitric acid does not return the frames it uses as a by product?

Didnt know if that was intentional or not. But since Acid Gas returns its frames, thought i'd best check

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I too have a problem getting Fluid Splitters to work, is there a tutorial on how to set them up so they work? I can't pick a recipe for them, and they simply won't output anything.

system
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by system »

15.386 Factorio initialised
15.386 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: __angelspetrochem__/data-updates.lua:1: __angelspetrochem__/prototypes/petrochem-generate.lua:3: attempt to call field 'make_splitter' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
• angelspetrochem

amuse
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by amuse »

system wrote:15.386 Factorio initialised
15.386 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: __angelspetrochem__/data-updates.lua:1: __angelspetrochem__/prototypes/petrochem-generate.lua:3: attempt to call field 'make_splitter' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
• angelspetrochem
Getting the exact same error msg.

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

Just updated and got the following error:

11.801 Error ModManager.cpp:930: Failed to load mod "angelssmelting": __angelssmelting__/data-updates.lua:2: __angelssmelting__/prototypes/smelting-generate.lua:7: attempt to call field 'make_barrel' (a nil value)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

i have clear install, and wanted to enable all angels and bobs, guess i'm mistting something
4.843 Error ModManager.cpp:948: Failed to load mod "angelssmelting": __angelssmelting__/data-updates.lua:2: __angelssmelting__/prototypes/smelting-generate.lua:7: attempt to call field 'make_barrel' (a nil value)
mods
edit: i see, i'm late with report :mrgreen:

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

mexmer wrote:i have clear install, and wanted to enable all angels and bobs, guess i'm mistting something
4.843 Error ModManager.cpp:948: Failed to load mod "angelssmelting": __angelssmelting__/data-updates.lua:2: __angelssmelting__/prototypes/smelting-generate.lua:7: attempt to call field 'make_barrel' (a nil value)
mods
edit: i see, i'm late with report :mrgreen:
Just noticed that Angel pushed another update for Smelting to 0.3.3. This fixed the issue.
Edit: The error only occured when using Refining 0.7.13, Petrochem 0.5.9 with Smelting 0.3.2
Last edited by Catfight on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Try updating refining, petrochem and smelting to the latest.

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

Quick question:
Does updating your save games work fine when you install new versions? I assume some kind of migration script is used to add the new recipes that are added in each patch.

Mostly just curious as when i updated petrochem to 0.5.9 from 0.5.8, I got about fifty entries for migration changes were all of them were remove reciepes..

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:Try updating refining, petrochem and smelting to the latest.
yeah, seems smelting was in process of upload, when i installed mods, because i had latest version from portal, but there is newer one :D

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

nodule-dissolution is still not researchable in refining 0.7.13. In 0.7.9 it was unlocked by researching water-washing. The water treatment technologies were tweaked in 0.7.10, and the unlock for nodule-dissolution seems to have gone missing then.

Lapomita
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lapomita »

Hi there, me again.

I hope I don't make a total fool out of me: Long Reach doesn't work since I've patched a few minutes ago. Long Reach is still the beginning version for .15, I think only Bob & Angel updates were loaded.

Thanks for your great work at this point, you're doing awesome things for factorio! Also I love the idea about liquid plastic!

Keep up the great work!

catpig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catpig »

Lapomita wrote:I hope I don't make a total fool out of me: Long Reach doesn't work since I've patched a few minutes ago. Long Reach is still the beginning version for .15, I think only Bob & Angel updates were loaded.
Open Options -> Mods -> Map and change the 2 settings for long reach distance, apply them, and go back to the game. Then go into the same menu and change the settings back to the old value. Worked for me.

Lapomita
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lapomita »

catpig wrote:Open Options -> Mods -> Map and change the 2 settings for long reach distance, apply them, and go back to the game. Then go into the same menu and change the settings back to the old value. Worked for me.
Also worked for me ;) Thank you very much, mate!

SoulFury
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SoulFury »

Anyone else able to get Angels Infinite Ores to work? I have Infinite Ore spawning and I add Sulfuric Acid to the miners but then they just don't do anything after that.

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

Question: I've heard factorio 0.15.17 broke a bunch of mods due to an intended change of the mod's options file. If I update my Angels mods now, do I need to be on 0.15.17/18, or do I need to be on an earlier version than that?
timer67 wrote:The Green metal Catalysts used in making Nitric acid does not return the frames it uses as a by product?

Didnt know if that was intentional or not. But since Acid Gas returns its frames, thought i'd best check
It was a bug. There was a simple fan-made fix posted earlier in this thread, but since Angel just updated the mods it may have been fixed in that.

catpig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catpig »

NewSwiss wrote:
timer67 wrote:The Green metal Catalysts used in making Nitric acid does not return the frames it uses as a by product?

It was a bug. There was a simple fan-made fix posted earlier in this thread, but since Angel just updated the mods it may have been fixed in that.
Yes, he has :)

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

Angels Infinite Ores:
data.lua

Code: Select all

--OIL YIELD CHANGE MODIFIER
angelsmods.ores.oilyield = settings.startup["angels-oil-gas-yield"].value * 100
100 needs to be 1000.

My oil well that started with like 250% yield depleted at 5%, that shouldn't happen. It should deplete at 20% of initial value. It's because this 100 needs to be a 1000.

Also, because you set

Code: Select all

data.raw.resource["crude-oil"].normal = 100000
all crude oil spots have 3x the normal yield. The vanilla "normal" is 300.000.

Return to “Angels Mods”