Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Mobius1 »

I'm gonna be yelled at now I believe ':|
These fluids (from bob's) can't be voided (flare stack or clarifier not working with these)
- Liquid Fuel
- Nitroglycerin
- Sulfuric and Nitric acid mixture
- Tungstic acid
From Charcoal Burner mod
- Creosote Oil

Not sure if they should be voided but since you asked to test out the void facilities, so... :mrgreen:

Also, some locales are missing:
mod-setting-name.angels-enablefluidreq
mod-setting-name.angels-enable-acids

Autobarreling feature still wonky, sometimes the inserters don't like to input things on the pump even when the pump has all the slots free, sometimes they don't input empty barrels on the pump that has fluids to be barreled.

Other than that no issues detected so far with the updates.

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but uranium ore is generated (for reference I'm using RSO, infinite ores, and refining) even though your refining mod allows for generating uranium from the 6 base ones. Is this intentional?

Additionally a few fluid values are still off. ore-2, 4, and 5 produce only 5 wastewater rather than 50, and thermal water to lithia refining is 10 to 4/6 (Instead of I presume 100 to 40/60)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

qwerter96 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug, but uranium ore is generated (for reference I'm using RSO, infinite ores, and refining) even though your refining mod allows for generating uranium from the 6 base ones. Is this intentional?

Additionally a few fluid values are still off. ore-2, 4, and 5 produce only 5 wastewater rather than 50, and thermal water to lithia refining is 10 to 4/6 (Instead of I presume 100 to 40/60)
I havent really played on 0.15 yet, so I'm not sure where to put the uranium ore. From my feeling it should be unlocked later than the current one (which is based upon the old Nucular mod), so uranium ore would probably rather involve combining crystals than chunks as it is now, which would also gate it behind blue tech.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Maybe uranium ore should be produced by combining purified ores rather than any of the previous tiers. It would give more incentive to use the full range of ore processing methods, and also limit uranium power to the late-game, which is probably where it should be really.

An alternative idea might be to have two different uranium ores, one with a higher chance of yielding U-235 than the other. The low-yield ore might be available just with crystals (and blue science), but for the high-yield ore players would be forced to go all the way to purified ores. It might be a bit complex, but I think it might work out to be reasonably well-balanced because with this method, when players need huge amounts of uranium, they either have to increase their crystal-based production or switch to a more mechanically-complex machine setup with higher initial cost but covering less space.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:
nagapito wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: Arumba yelled at me, so I already added that, forgot to add that to accommodate the changes I made in infinite ores. That's the problem if you have options, the more you have, the more cases there are and I cannot go through each before I upload a new version. But thanks for the heads up.
I need some feedback if the issue with the flare stack, clarifier and barreling pump got better, worse or is still the same.
About the flare stack and clarifier, I just tested it on a save that I had with some stuck flare stacks and they started to work.

I think this is a vanilla bug, some rounding error, since I see this happening in other places like tanks with 2.4k instead of 2.5k or loading pumps at stations, at 99 and with a continuous animation while the pump next to it has 100 and its still...
Well fluid mechanics were always wonky, now they are ten times wonky :D I played a bit around with the fluid boxes, I hope that this fixes the issues and thanks for the feedback.
Not only it fixes it as its something that I always thought it was missing. Any machine can take extra 'ingredients' but the flare stack and clarifier could not take some overflow of liquids.... And sometimes, I had to put an extra one just for some extra spike flow! The 'buffer' helps with these spikes instead of delaying production.

topforce
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by topforce »

Petro Chemical Processing 0.5.5 doesn't work without Infinite ores, and infinite ores are not listed as dependency.
Edit: also refining 0.7.8 fails to load when smelting 0.3.0 is enabled. It fails with: error while loading recipe prototype "nodule-crystallization-1" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Recipe must have at least one result product.
Attachments
AngelsInfinite_requirement.png
AngelsInfinite_requirement.png (11.88 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
Last edited by topforce on Thu May 11, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

eloquentJane wrote:Maybe uranium ore should be produced by combining purified ores rather than any of the previous tiers. It would give more incentive to use the full range of ore processing methods, and also limit uranium power to the late-game, which is probably where it should be really.

An alternative idea might be to have two different uranium ores, one with a higher chance of yielding U-235 than the other. The low-yield ore might be available just with crystals (and blue science), but for the high-yield ore players would be forced to go all the way to purified ores. It might be a bit complex, but I think it might work out to be reasonably well-balanced because with this method, when players need huge amounts of uranium, they either have to increase their crystal-based production or switch to a more mechanically-complex machine setup with higher initial cost but covering less space.
I approve this.

Disclaimer: I am still using a very old version of angels mods due to all the instabilities. If all this changed, ignore me

Not only should they require purification as also reduce the amount produced. Its so easy to get LOADS of uranium. 6 per recipe is a LOT. I would not be shocked with 1!
Only thing that bother me is that its actually not that late game. All refining technologies can be researched very early with a few science 3 packs. Maybe push later researches to need more end-game packs or, if it causes progression dead-locks (looking at bob's ores), maybe increase the amount of packs required. 50 is kinda..... lol

klank98
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by klank98 »

Attempting to start a new game, but two ores are missing. Rubyte and Bobmonium do not appear in the creation menu. When creating a new world, often the number of starting patches are correct, but two each of Stiratite and Saphirite.
Missing_Ores.png
Missing_Ores.png (1.95 MiB) Viewed 6339 times

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

eloquentJane wrote:Maybe uranium ore should be produced by combining purified ores rather than any of the previous tiers. It would give more incentive to use the full range of ore processing methods, and also limit uranium power to the late-game, which is probably where it should be really.

I support this as well, as currently purified ores have no usage besides tungsten which, while tremendously useful, means only 3 of the ores need to be taken to that stage. Putting Uranium there would at least necessitate bringing all 6 ores through all the stages.

Crazy_Adept1797
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Crazy_Adept1797 »

I've been getting this error when I boot up since getting the latest version

failed to load mods:Error while loading recipe prototype "nodule crystallization 1"(recipe):Difficulty normal: Recipe must have at least one reslut product.
Modifications angelsrefining

I want to say this glaring thing was over looked in the update. But I won't. instead I will ask this: What do you plan to do?

Edit: I've check the discussions on the forums it seems I'm not the only one to have this problem
Edit 2: So I told my Game to update ALL my mods and now its working... somehow?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Crazy_Adept1797 wrote:failed to load mods:Error while loading recipe prototype "nodule crystallization 1"(recipe):Difficulty normal: Recipe must have at least one reslut product.
Modifications angelsrefining
That one Requires bobplates to not throw that error. If you don't wanna play angel's + bob's some things will have loading issues. The mods are getting daily updates as angel's working on fixing every bug that shows up ASAP.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Uhm... Bug report :S
Thermal water to Lithia Water is still a 10::4:6, should be 100::40:60 since every fluid is now times 10.

Fix:
Modified (angelsrefining_0.7.8/prototypes/refining-override-bob.lua::Line371)

Code: Select all

371    ingredients =
		{
		  {type="fluid", name="thermal-water", amount=100}
		},
		results=
		{
		  {type="fluid", name="lithia-water", amount=40},
		  {type="fluid", name="water-purified", amount=60},
		},
Also Lithium Chloride Electrolysis is using previous recipe values
Fix:
Modified (angelspetrochem_0.5.5/prototypes/petrochem-global-override.lua::Line104)

104   angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("lithium-water-electrolysis", "gas-hydrogen", "fluid", 20)
Modified (angelsrefining_0.7.8/prototypes/refining-override-bob.lua::Line409)

409	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_input("lithium-water-electrolysis", "water-purified", "fluid", 20)
Recipe now becomes:
(in) 1 lithium chloride + 20 Purified Water = 1 Lithium Perchloride + 20 Hydrogen Gas (out)
Unless it was supposed to be 10:20::10:20 ratio then I messed up D:

KudoBear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KudoBear »

Mobius1 wrote:Uhm... Bug report :S
Thermal water to Lithia Water is still a 10::4:6, should be 100::40:60 since every fluid is now times 10.
Recipes for Jivolite, Crotinnium, Rubyte Hydro refining take same amount of purified water as the other ores but output only 5 of the respective waste waters. Is that intentional?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

klank98 wrote:Attempting to start a new game, but two ores are missing. Rubyte and Bobmonium do not appear in the creation menu. When creating a new world, often the number of starting patches are correct, but two each of Stiratite and Saphirite.
Missing_Ores.png
If you are playing vanilla you only get 4 out of the 6 ores.
KudoBear wrote:
Recipes for Jivolite, Crotinnium, Rubyte Hydro refining take same amount of purified water as the other ores but output only 5 of the respective waste waters. Is that intentional?
Fixed that for the next version. I hope that I caught all of the fluid changes then.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:
KudoBear wrote:
Fixed that for the next version. I hope that I caught all of the fluid changes then.

Not even by a long stretch!

Refining-override-bob in angel-refining, section for water in bobs recipes, like 397, all of them
petrochem-global-override in petrochem, line 61, 68 and 108, recipes override for lithium-water-electrolysis and petroleum-jelly and bob-fertilizer.

Edit: I might have the wrong line number... still used a old version to check line numbers but I know this recipes are not updated on latest version
Last edited by nagapito on Fri May 12, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

gum500
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gum500 »

is it bug multi phase oil dont want to be pumped in fluid wagon?

kenken244
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenken244 »

is the iron ingot to steel ingot recipe supposed to be a 4:1 ratio? this doesn't make a lot of sense, as I can simply smelt iron plates into steel at a 1:2 ratio. it kinda makes steel smelting useless.

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

I was just looking at the implementation of What Is It Used For because the author hasn't yet released a 0.15 version, and I have finally got to the bottom of an issue that has been bugging me about it for some time.

With petrochem installed there is a mystery recipe listed on every fluids' lists of recipes on both the ingredient and the result sides. The recipe name matches the fluid name. I thought this was a bug in What Is It Used For, but now I have got to the bottom of it I discover it is not. In fact is is the recipe Angel adds for every fluid for the fluid splitters.

Angel: I wonder if you could add a better localised_name for these fluid splitter recipes when you create them? You should be able to construct one in the same way you do for the barrelling recipes. That would make the What Is It Used For output much clearer.

One might imagine that since the recipes are hidden they ought not to appear, but What Is It Used For deliberately displays hidden recipes so that e.g. the Rocket Part recipe will appear.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Coppermine wrote:I was just looking at the implementation of What Is It Used For because the author hasn't yet released a 0.15 version, and I have finally got to the bottom of an issue that has been bugging me about it for some time.

With petrochem installed there is a mystery recipe listed on every fluids' lists of recipes on both the ingredient and the result sides. The recipe name matches the fluid name. I thought this was a bug in What Is It Used For, but now I have got to the bottom of it I discover it is not. In fact is is the recipe Angel adds for every fluid for the fluid splitters.

Angel: I wonder if you could add a better localised_name for these fluid splitter recipes when you create them? You should be able to construct one in the same way you do for the barrelling recipes. That would make the What Is It Used For output much clearer.

One might imagine that since the recipes are hidden they ought not to appear, but What Is It Used For deliberately displays hidden recipes so that e.g. the Rocket Part recipe will appear.
What is it used for should just not display hidden recipes and make an exception for the rocket recipe, instead of having it the other way around.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

How can one make titanium sheet coils?

Looking at code, it seems to require "strand-casting-machine" but I can't see any tech that unlocks it. Closest was an uncommented line in bob-smelting-technology.lua under "advanced-metallurgy-1" that unlocked the first tier of the machine.

Also, is it intended that most advanced way of getting titanium is going straight from pellets to ingots? With gold and other advanced metals, it takes a LOT of steps in between.

I've been trying to play in a way that I don't void ANY fluids/gases. I'm about to start mass-producing gold/titanium and it seems like there is a HUGE surplus of hydrogen and chlorine. I hope once I start making modules, those two will be used a whole lot. So far, I'm not holding my breath. Especially when the recipes in modules take only 5 ferric chloride. One run of molten salt electrolysis gives me 200 chloride, enough to make 1650 ferric cloride and resulting sodium gives just a few dozen gold ingots.

So, yeah, balancing is a bit off :)

[edit]

Forgot to say, there is something wonky going on with mining infinite ores as well.
coal requires no acid
Bobonium requires bob's version of acid
saphirite requires petrochem version of acid

I've not yet tried mining other ores.

Not needing acid for coal might be OK. People may depend on coal as fuel and not having power due to being unable to mine from infinite sources might lead to negative feedback loop where they won't have enough power to create enough acid to mine enough coal.

Return to “Angels Mods”