Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

SajmonG
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by SajmonG »

Arch666Angel wrote: If I have to guess: It's imploding because of layered icons. But you have to bring that up with the author of Research Queue, nothing I can do here.

Will add that to the bobs override, thanks.
Ok. I will inform the author to Resarch queue. Thanks.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Arch666Angel wrote:
SajmonG wrote:It is some kind of problem with resarch queue and the technology Temperate Tree Aboretum. See the error message below:

Error while running event research-queue::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Unknown style rq-techbio-aboretum-temperate
stack traceback:
__research-queue__/functions/update_queue.lua:167: in function 'updateQ'
__research-queue__/control.lua:103: in function <__research-queue__/control.lua:82>

It is no problem to resarch the technology the usual way.
Same problem with the Swamp Tree Arboretum I think.

Another thing I have discoverd. I play with both Bob's and Angels mods. If you want to filter or request the tinned copper wire there is two of them. One in the Metallurgy Casting tab (unknown key) and the other one in the Bob's intermediate products (the correct one).
If I have to guess: It's imploding because of layered icons. But you have to bring that up with the author of Research Queue, nothing I can do here.

Will add that to the bobs override, thanks.
Which version of research queue do you use?
This version has several fixes for the icon problem: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=17219&p=340163#p340129
Seems it's not on the portal.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

SajmonG
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SajmonG »

I use version 1.6.4. No new updates are available when I click on "check for updates".

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

SajmonG wrote:I use version 1.6.4. No new updates are available when I click on "check for updates".
Follow my mentioned link please.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

SajmonG
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SajmonG »

steinio wrote:
SajmonG wrote:I use version 1.6.4. No new updates are available when I click on "check for updates".
Follow my mentioned link please.
Same problem even with 1.6.5. I will post the error messega on the research queue thread.

Syn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Syn »

According to the ferrious ore efficiency from Beaniebaby4000, both have the same. Based on an input of 18 ores, you also get 18 ores out of it. It is very easy to calculate that with Helmod.

The output is 9 iron ore + 2,25 manganese + 2,25 nickel + 2,25 cobalt + 2,25 chrome = 18 ore/sec

The input is 5,5 saphirite + 5,5 jivolite + 5,5 rubyte + 1,5 copper = 18 ore/sec

The problem is that currently, it is not very usefull, because it is a lot more complex with no benifit at all. As far as I know it is currently the only source of chrome and when we will need chrome, we will have to sort it this way.

Additional to the complexity, you also need an input. The sulfur based ores doesn't need one, which is really nice and easy to service. If you have less then 33,3% mining productivity, you have a loss of flourite ore, so you also have to crack acid gas to get the hydroflouric acid. (You produce 112,5 flouric waste water, which equals 1,125 flourite ore, but you need 1,5 to keep the factory running). When you start to need further hydroflouric acid (for infinite ore mining), it gets even worse.

With the need of three different acids, thermal water, salt water (for hydrogen chloride and sodium hydroxide) and lubricant, it is clearly something you should built in the endgame.

----------------------------------------------
And now to some bugs. Please be merciful, if I post a duplicate. I tried to eleminate all :) I read the forum and have a 1 week old version, so it should be fine.

1.) Brass processing is named "zinc processing". Search for Zinc processing and you will see, it unlocks brass gear wheel, pipes, ...

2.) The geode placement is wrong. But only in the filter overview. In "E" everything is correct

3.) Other filter related stuff. Like there is a "tin wire" - filter in metallurgy casting, that doesn't work. you have to use the "tin wire" - filter from "Bob's Intermediate products". And other small things like Liquifier being in the 'Refining' tab instead of the 'Petrochem' tab

4.) There is a missing 0 in "Flame bullet projectile". The others all need 10 Alien Liquids. But I think I have to post this in bobs forum :/

At the end some things that would be nice:
-)Another input in hydro plants and washing plants would be nice, so that people can mirrow the blueprints :)
-)Info on barreling pumps/ ... / Clarifier how much they pump/void (like the info on belts, so that you dont have to test it to find out that barreling pumps can pump 500/s)

And I love your mods :) Great Work!!

PS: other thinks that might be a bug or already posted:

1.) I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but the name of temperate and swamp tree is missing when you mouse-over it. (before mining)

2.) You can place Seafloor pumps on the ground a couple of tiles away from water.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Syn wrote:According to the ferrious ore efficiency from Beaniebaby4000, both have the same. Based on an input of 18 ores, you also get 18 ores out of it. It is very easy to calculate that with Helmod.

The output is 9 iron ore + 2,25 manganese + 2,25 nickel + 2,25 cobalt + 2,25 chrome = 18 ore/sec

The input is 5,5 saphirite + 5,5 jivolite + 5,5 rubyte + 1,5 copper = 18 ore/sec

The problem is that currently, it is not very usefull, because it is a lot more complex with no benifit at all. As far as I know it is currently the only source of chrome and when we will need chrome, we will have to sort it this way.

Additional to the complexity, you also need an input. The sulfur based ores doesn't need one, which is really nice and easy to service. If you have less then 33,3% mining productivity, you have a loss of flourite ore, so you also have to crack acid gas to get the hydroflouric acid. (You produce 112,5 flouric waste water, which equals 1,125 flourite ore, but you need 1,5 to keep the factory running). When you start to need further hydroflouric acid (for infinite ore mining), it gets even worse.

With the need of three different acids, thermal water, salt water (for hydrogen chloride and sodium hydroxide) and lubricant, it is clearly something you should built in the endgame.

----------------------------------------------
And now to some bugs. Please be merciful, if I post a duplicate. I tried to eleminate all :) I read the forum and have a 1 week old version, so it should be fine.

1.) Brass processing is named "zinc processing". Search for Zinc processing and you will see, it unlocks brass gear wheel, pipes, ...

2.) The geode placement is wrong. But only in the filter overview. In "E" everything is correct

3.) Other filter related stuff. Like there is a "tin wire" - filter in metallurgy casting, that doesn't work. you have to use the "tin wire" - filter from "Bob's Intermediate products". And other small things like Liquifier being in the 'Refining' tab instead of the 'Petrochem' tab

4.) There is a missing 0 in "Flame bullet projectile". The others all need 10 Alien Liquids. But I think I have to post this in bobs forum :/

At the end some things that would be nice:
-)Another input in hydro plants and washing plants would be nice, so that people can mirrow the blueprints :)
-)Info on barreling pumps/ ... / Clarifier how much they pump/void (like the info on belts, so that you dont have to test it to find out that barreling pumps can pump 500/s)

And I love your mods :) Great Work!!

PS: other thinks that might be a bug or already posted:

1.) I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but the name of temperate and swamp tree is missing when you mouse-over it. (before mining)

2.) You can place Seafloor pumps on the ground a couple of tiles away from water.
1) Zinc processing is a bobs tech, what you see there is basically what's left after I gutted it -> removed the regular zinc smelting recipes

2) I adjusted that thanks

3) I added a few lines to hide the wires, but there is more unused stuff.

4) That's an issue for bob to tackle

I know that there are several entities that could use some additional descriptions :P

1) Should be fixed

2) Have to look into that, but I dont think that is really game breaking

dreadxx990
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dreadxx990 »

there is one issues error with bio processing
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (21.54 KiB) Viewed 6603 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Should be fixed, was an error with the alien-biomes tie in I changed

Iorek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iorek »

I installed bobs and angels mods.

I have quite a few dead bobs buildings that dont do anything. water pumps 1-4, electrolizers, metal mixing furnace, chemical furnace. all have no recipes. and angels adds a barreling pump, mixing furnaces etc...

are these supposed to be dead objects or did the recent patch break somthing in them? causing both the old and replacements to appear
I am also able to unlock alot of angels buildings before they have any recipes so they appear to be dead. eg I can build a strand casting machine before I can make any wire etc.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Theres some recipes where you need the bobs machines but like 99% is done in the angel ones, also the strand casting machine opens before you get the recipes for it, same as blast furnace etc.
Also check that you dont have the "Angel's Smelting Patch" mod which actually isnt part of the Angel pack but something extra made by someone else.

GemeinerJack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GemeinerJack »

Don't know if it is already mentioned:

If you run only Angel's Refining, you have Water treatment 4 research without anything to unlock and it depends on Thermal Water Extraction, Water treatment 3 is non existent.

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

In this game I'm trying Angel's but not Bob's. I've found that it's impossible to progress because I need concrete blocks but cannot make them. Concrete bricks require molten concrete, molten concrete requires cement, cement requires Silicon Ore, and you cannot get Silicon Ore with just Angel's mods.

Modlist in spoiler tag:
    Angel's Addons - Ore Silos
    Angel's Addons - Petrochem Train
    Angel's Addons - Pressure Tanks
    Angel's Bio Processing
    Angel's Infinite Ores
    Angel's Petro Chemical Processing
    Angel's Refining
    Angel's Smelting
    Big Brother
    Bob's Adjustable Inserters
    Bob's Functions Library mod
    Bottleneck
    Clock
    EvoGUI
    Flare Stack
    Geothermal
    Resource Spawner Overhaul
    Squeak Through
    Warehousing Mod
    What it is really used for?
    YARM - Resource Monitor

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Silicon ore might be named Quartz ore on the search mods since thats the original Bob's name for it.
Easiest way to get silicon is sorting chunks or use the second tier cupric recipe which does need lubricant.

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

Termak wrote:Silicon ore might be named Quartz ore on the search mods since thats the original Bob's name for it.
Easiest way to get silicon is sorting chunks or use the second tier cupric recipe which does need lubricant.
Yes, I played a number of games with Bob's before, and none of those ores exist exist in stock + angels + RSO. There are four Angel's ores: Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. No Rubyte and no Bobmonium. Sorting the four ores produces iron or copper, as well as iron/copper nuggets and pebbles. The sorting recipes you mention also do not exist. Cupric Chloride can be created but has no uses and Lubricant is not used as an input to any sorting recipes.

jcranmer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jcranmer »

Minor bug, but it was screwing up some of my scripts (they really need to be more tolerant of errors, but meh):

The gas synthesis colors seem to be *slightly* off (note the missing r property):

Code: Select all

{
    type = "fluid",
    name = "gas-synthesis",
    icon = "__angelspetrochem__/graphics/icons/gas-synthesis.png",
	icon_size = 32,
	default_temperature = 25,
    heat_capacity = "0.1KJ",
    base_color = {210/255, g = 120/255, b = 210/255},
    flow_color = {210/255, g = 120/255, b = 210/255},
    max_temperature = 100,
	pressure_to_speed_ratio = 0.4,
    flow_to_energy_ratio = 0.59,
},

ElderAxe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ElderAxe »

Small bug in Angels Addons - Ore Silos;
When you remove ore replace an [ore] silo, you get normal silo in your inventory

Carch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Carch »

bonesbro wrote:
Termak wrote:Silicon ore might be named Quartz ore on the search mods since thats the original Bob's name for it.
Yes, I played a number of games with Bob's before, and none of those ores exist exist in stock + angels + RSO. There are four Angel's ores: Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. No Rubyte and no Bobmonium. Sorting the four ores produces iron or copper, as well as iron/copper nuggets and pebbles. The sorting recipes you mention also do not exist. Cupric Chloride can be created but has no uses and Lubricant is not used as an input to any sorting recipes.
minor workaround. if you know how to do it. open up prototypes/recipes/smelting-stone.lua file and replace quartz with someting. I went with stone-brick (in part to use up more stone. and because it's part of the vanilla recipe for concrete)

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

Carch wrote:
bonesbro wrote:
minor workaround. if you know how to do it. open up prototypes/recipes/smelting-stone.lua file and replace quartz with someting. I went with stone-brick (in part to use up more stone. and because it's part of the vanilla recipe for concrete)
Good idea! Raw crushed stone ("stone-crushed" in LUA) might be a good thematic fit too. For the moment I worked around the bug by adding a thousand silicon ore via the console.

toastftw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by toastftw »

Hi there friends. I'm really new to this game, and am having trouble getting Angel's Infinite Resources to work. It is currently the only mod I have. I'm not sure I'm posting to the right place, but any help would be appreciated. I've got the mods showing up in the base game, but with the update yesterday to 16.23 (the day after I bought the game), I can't get this mod to work. Is there any workaround or plans to update? Thanks anyone for the help.

Return to “Angels Mods”