Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Sn1gger
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Sn1gger »

Not quite sure what's happening here.... Updated mods this morning, latest factorio
Attachments
Something odd
Something odd
Burn salt.png (228.4 KiB) Viewed 6702 times

Qfa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qfa »

Hi, in need of some help over here.

I've played with a huge bunch of mods (angel's infinite ores amoung other things) until today when i decided to give a go and try some of other angel's additions.

Problem is, when I load my current save, the iron,stone and copper infinite ore patches are being removed (the coal infinite patches stay, tho). The only difference being the toggle on/off of angel's refining.
Does anyone know what's the cause of that, and of course, if there is a way to activate angel's refining (then petrochem&bioprocessing) without loosing my current infinite patches ?

To be clear, I haven't checked if Angel's infinite ore is being broken, but every already generated infinite patches are being removed. Being quite advanced in this game It's...annoying.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Qfa wrote: Problem is, when I load my current save, the iron,stone and copper infinite ore patches are being removed (the coal infinite patches stay, tho). The only difference being the toggle on/off of angel's refining.
Please correct me, if im wrong, I think, its because angel's refining is based on the angels ore (sapharite, etc.). Iron, stone and copper are gathered from those and the patches get removed. Coal stays, because its still needed.
"-Changes the Ores so you have to refine them prior to smelting them. For the base game better refining means less byproducts. With bobmods and angelsinfiniteores you have to refine all the base and bobores from 6 raw ores."

Qfa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qfa »

It certainly could be the answer to my problem. However I do not use bobores so, except with Angel's refining itself adds more ores, I only have the basic ones : coal, iron, copper, stone, uranium.
"With bobmods and angelsinfiniteores you have to refine all the base and bobores from 6 raw ores."

I do use some of bob's mods but they're just adding some crafts (warfare, drills, etc). I also do not loose any of the non-infinite patches.
To be clear, my when I load my save all the infinite patches of iron, stone, and copper disapear and the "basic" ones stay. I end with things like this
an exemple
I don't know if uranium would have ended up the same, I've desactivated infinite uranium.
Thanks for helping me.

EDIT : After some digging it seems you were right and I've been the fool here... I should have studied the mods a bit more before asking for your time -_-
My apologies.

rudykocur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rudykocur »

I've stumbled upon a bug I believe.

I have full Angels+Bobs mods - in particular: angels bio processing and bob's enemies. Enemies drops small alien artifacts in different colors but I dont have recipes to convert them to regular-size artifacts. I have researched bioprocessing and I can create pre-artifacts, small artifacts from pre-artifacts, but there is no way to go further.

I didnt tweaked mod options at all - I use default configuration.

Thanks for help

Eluvatar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eluvatar »

I just upgraded Angels Ore Silos addon, and I had already researched the Ore Silos, now I can't build new ones, I had to use commands to fix the problem.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Eluvatar wrote:I just upgraded Angels Ore Silos addon, and I had already researched the Ore Silos, now I can't build new ones, I had to use commands to fix the problem.
Cannot confirm. The ore silos are moved to angel's logistic tab (i have angel's logistic mod, too) and the recipe changed. But I can craft them without problems

Eluvatar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eluvatar »

jodokus31 wrote:
Eluvatar wrote:I just upgraded Angels Ore Silos addon, and I had already researched the Ore Silos, now I can't build new ones, I had to use commands to fix the problem.
Cannot confirm. The ore silos are moved to angel's logistic tab (i have angel's logistic mod, too) and the recipe changed. But I can craft them without problems
Oh good point, I only had the Ore Silos, no other Angels mods.

koenusz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koenusz »

Today I noticed that the miners using fluids did not mine on infinite ores. They indicated being blocked on output. Once I turn the require fluid settings off I could mine the infinite ores without a problem.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

koenusz wrote:Today I noticed that the miners using fluids did not mine on infinite ores. They indicated being blocked on output. Once I turn the require fluid settings off I could mine the infinite ores without a problem.
You need to feed the correct acid to the miners for them to work. You need to feed enough acid because they only work in 10 acid bulks.

Kaedan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kaedan »

jodokus31 wrote:
I can confirm. Without the Logistics mod, Ore Silos stay in the Resource Refining tab. Their recipes are changed to require a base Silo object, but that Silo cannot be legitimately crafted.

izolight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by izolight »

There is a small typo in the locale file for angel's logistics.
angels-logistic-chest-Storage=Big Storage Chest
should be (lower case s in storage):
angels-logistic-chest-storage=Big Storage Chest

koenusz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koenusz »

Arch666Angel wrote:
koenusz wrote:Today I noticed that the miners using fluids did not mine on infinite ores. They indicated being blocked on output. Once I turn the require fluid settings off I could mine the infinite ores without a problem.
You need to feed the correct acid to the miners for them to work. You need to feed enough acid because they only work in 10 acid bulks.
Ah the problem might indeed be that I use sulfuric acid for jivolite, I guess it needs a different kind of acid. Does anyone know what acid is used for what ore?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

koenusz wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Ah the problem might indeed be that I use sulfuric acid for jivolite, I guess it needs a different kind of acid. Does anyone know what acid is used for what ore?
You can tell if you hover the cursor over the infinite ore. There is a line in the tooltip that tells you the amount and type of acid you need. For jivolite it's hydrofluoric with the acid override.

Aubog007
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Aubog007 »

I have a 3 way bug trifecta going on.
Dark matter replicators requires Air Compressors 1 tech, I believe one of your mods hides it from being researched, but doesnt eliminate it completely, meaning i get into a situation like this.

I've used lua commands to research air compressors 1, but i would prefer not to have to resort to doing so, and it also opened up other obsolete techs that have no purpose with your mods.

flying_hell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by flying_hell »

Hello there,

I am playing with Bobs and Angels Mods (refining, infinite ores, petrochem, bioprocessing, smelting).
I wanted to add Jivolite processing to my factory.
Going for jivolite chunks, jivolity crystals and purified jivolite, I found the ratio of waste water to acid creation is mismatching from my perspective.

From the floatation cell i get 50 waste water, and then I get 1 fluorite ore per 100 waste water.
This one Ore gives me 10 hydrofluoric acid.
This means, I need 2 floatation cells to supply one leaching plant with hydro fluoric acid .

My first question is: this is regular ratio for angels mods or is something buggy in my settings? I am asking this since for all other ores (stiratite, saphirite, ...) the ratios are either positive or perfectly balanced (perfect match for waste water usage or you get even more acid back from the process chain).
Is there any other way than acid gas cracking or mineral sludge to get fluorite? The efficiency for both processes with regards to fluorite ore is not really good for my factory.

Thank you so much for your comments / feedback.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

flying_hell wrote:Hello there,

I am playing with Bobs and Angels Mods (refining, infinite ores, petrochem, bioprocessing, smelting).
I wanted to add Jivolite processing to my factory.
Going for jivolite chunks, jivolity crystals and purified jivolite, I found the ratio of waste water to acid creation is mismatching from my perspective.

From the floatation cell i get 50 waste water, and then I get 1 fluorite ore per 100 waste water.
This one Ore gives me 10 hydrofluoric acid.
This means, I need 2 floatation cells to supply one leaching plant with hydro fluoric acid .

My first question is: this is regular ratio for angels mods or is something buggy in my settings? I am asking this since for all other ores (stiratite, saphirite, ...) the ratios are either positive or perfectly balanced (perfect match for waste water usage or you get even more acid back from the process chain).
Is there any other way than acid gas cracking or mineral sludge to get fluorite? The efficiency for both processes with regards to fluorite ore is not really good for my factory.

Thank you so much for your comments / feedback.
Hydroflouric acid is actually short, if you try to convert every jivolite chunk into crystals. Acid gas cracking and mineral sludge is the only other source afaik. You could do some plain jivolite chunk sorting to get zinc (copper, iron and aluminium are more needed) and use the crystals only for really required ores. This should generate a surplus of flourite in the long run.

skyzevs
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by skyzevs »

The version of the mod angels refining, updated from 0.7.26 to 0.8.1, now when I go into the game, I see it Image Why?
Last edited by skyzevs on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

skyzevs wrote:The version of the mod angels refining, updated from 0.7.26 to 0.8.1, now when I go into the game, I see it Why?
You seemed to have used the mod without the infiniteores mod, so you were missing the ores that my mods add and were still using and generating the "regular" ores. Since the ore generation was moved to the refining mod it will override the "regular" generation now and remove the resources in the process. So if you want to keep playing only half of the features then dont update. Otherwise new resources will generate in newly discovered chunks.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Algae farm are ordered wrongly in crafting list of the inventory with the MK2 being before the MK1.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Return to “Angels Mods”