Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Beaniebaby4000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Beaniebaby4000 »

Hello, two things i have found whilst playing 0.16 with your mods. Cupric Ore Dust recipe is for every 1 seconds in the Floatation Cell where as Ferric Ore Dust recipe is for every 4 seconds. Not sure if this is intended but it increases the number of supplying buildings by 4 :) thats alot when you start scalling up to making a full belt of iron sheet coil compared to copper coil wire.

Also I have done some rough numbers on all the refining processes in the current mod and I cannot see any reason for doing Cupric or Ferric processes. They are extremly inefficient compared with every other available process else. And the number of buildings becomes crazy compared to purified recipes. Not sure if this was ment to be so huge to just make a blue belt worth of sheet coil.
Attachments
Done in creative mode to work out numbers required in my game.
Done in creative mode to work out numbers required in my game.
iron sheet coil angels ferrous.PNG (1.06 MiB) Viewed 6781 times
Lower the number on the right, the more efficient.
Lower the number on the right, the more efficient.
angel refining.png (118.89 KiB) Viewed 6781 times

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

I see you have definitly not OCD :D

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

steinio wrote:I see you have definitly not OCD :D
To be fair, I used to never put that kind of effort into other games aside from a notepad for simple things. Factorio on the other hand gave me OCD with dozens of spreadsheets and notepads calculating every little detail to the point a university professor would blush at the many pages of data.

This game sure has that effect of giving you OCD the longer you play it. It's a curse that has now spread to everything else outside of the game itself. My next task is to calculate the perfect ratio of hot chocolate mix to hot water for the most delectable hot drink during the winter... because Factorio made me do it.

warmist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by warmist »

Sulfite pulping is missing fiber as an input thus it allows to make paper out of amonia and water

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

warmist wrote:Sulfite pulping is missing fiber as an input thus it allows to make paper out of amonia and water
You are right, fixed for the next version.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Beaniebaby4000 wrote:Hello, two things i have found whilst playing 0.16 with your mods. Cupric Ore Dust recipe is for every 1 seconds in the Floatation Cell where as Ferric Ore Dust recipe is for every 4 seconds. Not sure if this is intended but it increases the number of supplying buildings by 4 :) thats alot when you start scalling up to making a full belt of iron sheet coil compared to copper coil wire.

Also I have done some rough numbers on all the refining processes in the current mod and I cannot see any reason for doing Cupric or Ferric processes. They are extremly inefficient compared with every other available process else. And the number of buildings becomes crazy compared to purified recipes. Not sure if this was ment to be so huge to just make a blue belt worth of sheet coil.
Judging from the sheet I guess you are using expensive recipes, so everything is slightly out of scale and out of context. I added expensive mode, but it isnt balanced at all from my side.

Beaniebaby4000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beaniebaby4000 »

Hello, I have checked again and I think I was a bit off in terms of effiency. it is not better than the purified recipies as I can get these to 1:1 ore in and out. But the number of structures to get enough Chromium for production into a full express belt of iron sheet coil is high, this is using only one blast furnace mk4 of chromium (i have 1 of cobalt, manganese, 2 for nickel and 4 for iron aswell) . Which requires 18 chromium a second. 76 structures equals 3 chromium a second. so you need 456 structures (ommiting better use of particular structures to bring that number down slightly) for 1 belt of iron sheet coil. with the 456 you would also need to source additional nickel from another process. but that is very large compared to purified or the direct processing into the required ore.

I used some speed modules here to try and bring the over production at certain step as close to zero as possible.

The recipes are all normal, i have not increased anything. only adding in max rate calculator and creative mode mod.
Attachments
4x ?
4x ?
ferrous.PNG (151.32 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
normal?
normal?
cupric.PNG (167.62 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
ferrous 4.PNG
ferrous 4.PNG (222.78 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
ferrous 3.PNG
ferrous 3.PNG (2.68 MiB) Viewed 6606 times

wacs828
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wacs828 »

Hello, thank you very much for making all these great mods. Longtime lurker, third time poster who is currently trying to use your smelting mod with the following setup:
  • Bob's (full suite 0.16 versions); Bob's metals chemicals and intermediates (I believe this is referred to as bob plates, please correct me if I am wrong, referred to as Bob's MCI in this post)
  • Angel's Mods (full suite, including infinite ores)
I've been having an unknown key error for what I believe are many of the Bob MCI recipes which occurred for Lead, Cobalt, and Zinc when I started using your smelting mod. I took Lead here as an example since it had the even odder error for Lead oxide and Lead Oxide. I did a some research into trying to at least fix the unknown key errors, and I thought that modifying the default english locale file base.cfg might work best since it only seemed to map text strings and therefore should not break anything. That was before I took a closer look at your smelting mod and saw your coding for overriding smelting, including bob mods, and what I believe should be Bob's MCI (you refer to it as bobmods.plate I think) in the prototypes folder which should have overwritten all the errors I am seeing. I am in over my head as I neither know the difference between .json, .lua files, nor how the patch coding and execution works. I took few screenshots on a fresh map. This search made me consider that localization might be case-sensitive:
Lead Oxide and Lead oxide
Lead Oxide and Lead oxide
leadoxideError1.png (416.59 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
Clicking on Lead Oxide:
Lead Oxide
Lead Oxide
leadOxideError2.png (375.51 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
Clicking on Lead oxide:
Lead oxide
Lead oxide
LeadoxideError3.png (441.98 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
Corresponding research screens for Advanced Lead Smelting 1:
Advanced Lead Smelting 1
Advanced Lead Smelting 1
leadoresmelting1error.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 6577 times
Advanced Lead Smelting 2:
Advanced Lead Smelting 2
Advanced Lead Smelting 2
leadoresmelting2error.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 6577 times
Admittedly I could just add the processes to the default localization file, but I am unsure what the naming convention is for your smelting mod or how it fits in the overall flow and balance of the game as I have yet to play out a new map with it activated. Thanks in advance!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Beaniebaby4000 wrote:Hello, I have checked again and I think I was a bit off in terms of effiency. it is not better than the purified recipies as I can get these to 1:1 ore in and out. But the number of structures to get enough Chromium for production into a full express belt of iron sheet coil is high, this is using only one blast furnace mk4 of chromium (i have 1 of cobalt, manganese, 2 for nickel and 4 for iron aswell) . Which requires 18 chromium a second. 76 structures equals 3 chromium a second. so you need 456 structures (ommiting better use of particular structures to bring that number down slightly) for 1 belt of iron sheet coil. with the 456 you would also need to source additional nickel from another process. but that is very large compared to purified or the direct processing into the required ore.

I used some speed modules here to try and bring the over production at certain step as close to zero as possible.

The recipes are all normal, i have not increased anything. only adding in max rate calculator and creative mode mod.
The excel sheet you posted has a raw ore to smeltable ore ratio of 12 to 9 for purified ores, that's the ratio with expensive recipes. For a regular game the ratio is 9 raw ores to 9 smeltable ores. So you should check the settings you started the map with, might also be possible that creative mode is causing this but I doubt it.
wacs828 wrote:Hello, thank you very much for making all these great mods. Longtime lurker, third time poster who is currently trying to use your smelting mod with the following setup:
  • Bob's (full suite 0.16 versions); Bob's metals chemicals and intermediates (I believe this is referred to as bob plates, please correct me if I am wrong, referred to as Bob's MCI in this post)
  • Angel's Mods (full suite, including infinite ores)
I've been having an unknown key error for what I believe are many of the Bob MCI recipes which occurred for Lead, Cobalt, and Zinc when I started using your smelting mod. I took Lead here as an example since it had the even odder error for Lead oxide and Lead Oxide. I did a some research into trying to at least fix the unknown key errors, and I thought that modifying the default english locale file base.cfg might work best since it only seemed to map text strings and therefore should not break anything. That was before I took a closer look at your smelting mod and saw your coding for overriding smelting, including bob mods, and what I believe should be Bob's MCI (you refer to it as bobmods.plate I think) in the prototypes folder which should have overwritten all the errors I am seeing. I am in over my head as I neither know the difference between .json, .lua files, nor how the patch coding and execution works. I took few screenshots on a fresh map. This search made me consider that localization might be case-sensitive:

Clicking on Lead Oxide:

Clicking on Lead oxide:

Corresponding research screens for Advanced Lead Smelting 1:

Advanced Lead Smelting 2:

Admittedly I could just add the processes to the default localization file, but I am unsure what the naming convention is for your smelting mod or how it fits in the overall flow and balance of the game as I have yet to play out a new map with it activated. Thanks in advance!
Glad you like them! Something similar here, the recipes should display the names of their main output, but some other mod must have removed the main_product variable from the recipes so that they show no key.

wacs828
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wacs828 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Glad you like them! Something similar here, the recipes should display the names of their main output, but some other mod must have removed the main_product variable from the recipes so that they show no key.
Hi, you are correct indeed! I've run quite a few mods, but I did not think they affected Bob's MCI or your great smelting mod. So I looked at the most invasive mod and found the culprit, turns out it was Omnicompression :(

Still have not figured out why there are still two versions of Lead oxide though, the lowercase Lead oxide shows your recipes but the uppercase Lead Oxide turns out blank. I'll continue looking.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I think one is bob's and the other the one from Angel's smelting.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

wacs828 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Glad you like them! Something similar here, the recipes should display the names of their main output, but some other mod must have removed the main_product variable from the recipes so that they show no key.
Hi, you are correct indeed! I've run quite a few mods, but I did not think they affected Bob's MCI or your great smelting mod. So I looked at the most invasive mod and found the culprit, turns out it was Omnicompression :(

Still have not figured out why there are still two versions of Lead oxide though, the lowercase Lead oxide shows your recipes but the uppercase Lead Oxide turns out blank. I'll continue looking.
Yeah it's Omnicompression, already talked to Zelos about that seems one of his "cleaning up" function is going rogue on these recipes :D

One of them is the replaced bobs item, the other one is the hidden item in my mods. The hidden one should not show up, seems like "what is it really used for" is still ignoring the hidden tag.

kenken244
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenken244 »

I have found a few more bugs. I think I might have reported them before, but they weren't fixed yet, so I will mention them again just in case you didn't see it
the pulping liquor chain doesn't actually use any cellulose at all. just producing wood from sulfur. I assume this is not intended?
also, each of the pulping recipes use multiples of 1 for fluids, when everything else in the game uses multiples of 10
making glass by directly smelting silicon is actually a lot more efficient than doing it the metallurgy way until you get to a pretty high point in technology. it might need to be adjusted a bit
the cellulose processing chain produces a pretty incredible increase in fuel value. with it doubling at the wood pellets stage and then increasing again with wood bricks. I assume you missed that the pellets recipe produces 2 pellets per 12 cellulose?

and finally. I noticed a couple plants have not been named yet. may I nominate antielitz, current WR holder for factorio speedruns, first major factorio speedrunner, and also recently been trying seablock and is a big fan of you right now? :P I don't want to impose of course.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

kenken244 wrote: and finally. I noticed a couple plants have not been named yet. may I nominate antielitz, current WR holder for factorio speedruns, first major factorio speedrunner, and also recently been trying seablock and is a big fan of you right now? :P I don't want to impose of course.
names of players that are appended to factory names are generated by game, you can't touch them by mod. if you want nominate some name to be added to dictionary, you need to ask Factorio devs. But AFAIK list of names is composed of pepole who prepaid game in early alpha stage, when they were selling factorio donation packs (which did cost more than is current price of factorio).

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

for the names thing, look at
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... laces_lab/
it will explain a lot :)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

kenken244 wrote: the cellulose processing chain produces a pretty incredible increase in fuel value. with it doubling at the wood pellets stage and then increasing again with wood bricks. I assume you missed that the pellets recipe produces 2 pellets per 12 cellulose?
Did you play seablock? If you electrolyze slag to create green algae, it creates barely any surplus, if you run everything on steamengines/boilers mk1. I think, for this purpose its so tightly balanced, that even a minuscule reduction will have a big impact.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

mexmer wrote:
kenken244 wrote: and finally. I noticed a couple plants have not been named yet. may I nominate antielitz, current WR holder for factorio speedruns, first major factorio speedrunner, and also recently been trying seablock and is a big fan of you right now? :P I don't want to impose of course.
names of players that are appended to factory names are generated by game, you can't touch them by mod. if you want nominate some name to be added to dictionary, you need to ask Factorio devs. But AFAIK list of names is composed of pepole who prepaid game in early alpha stage, when they were selling factorio donation packs (which did cost more than is current price of factorio).
He was clearly talking about these:

ImageImage

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Light wrote:
mexmer wrote:
He was clearly talking about these:

ImageImage
derp :D

i thought plant is refering to factory, not to vegetable (or whatever it is) :o

SajmonG
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SajmonG »

It is some kind of problem with resarch queue and the technology Temperate Tree Aboretum. See the error message below:

Error while running event research-queue::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Unknown style rq-techbio-aboretum-temperate
stack traceback:
__research-queue__/functions/update_queue.lua:167: in function 'updateQ'
__research-queue__/control.lua:103: in function <__research-queue__/control.lua:82>

It is no problem to resarch the technology the usual way.
Same problem with the Swamp Tree Arboretum I think.

Another thing I have discoverd. I play with both Bob's and Angels mods. If you want to filter or request the tinned copper wire there is two of them. One in the Metallurgy Casting tab (unknown key) and the other one in the Bob's intermediate products (the correct one).

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

SajmonG wrote:It is some kind of problem with resarch queue and the technology Temperate Tree Aboretum. See the error message below:

Error while running event research-queue::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Unknown style rq-techbio-aboretum-temperate
stack traceback:
__research-queue__/functions/update_queue.lua:167: in function 'updateQ'
__research-queue__/control.lua:103: in function <__research-queue__/control.lua:82>

It is no problem to resarch the technology the usual way.
Same problem with the Swamp Tree Arboretum I think.

Another thing I have discoverd. I play with both Bob's and Angels mods. If you want to filter or request the tinned copper wire there is two of them. One in the Metallurgy Casting tab (unknown key) and the other one in the Bob's intermediate products (the correct one).
If I have to guess: It's imploding because of layered icons. But you have to bring that up with the author of Research Queue, nothing I can do here.

Will add that to the bobs override, thanks.

Return to “Angels Mods”