Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by fiery_salmon »

mrvn wrote:If you set a fuel value and pollution multiplier for it it might already work in the generator
"oil burning generator" one, right?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

yes. or the hydrazine one

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

mrvn wrote:If you set a fuel value and pollution multiplier for it it might already work in the generator. Otherwise look at how that filters.
Thanks!

I added just

Code: Select all

fuel_value = "1MJ",
in

{
    type = "fluid",
    name = "liquid-brown-liquor",
    default_temperature = 25,
    max_temperature = 100,
    heat_capacity = "1KJ",
    base_color = {r=0.572, g=0.392, b=0.894},
    flow_color = {r=0.572, g=0.392, b=0.894},
    icon = "__angelsbioprocessing__/graphics/icons/liquid-brown-liquor.png",
	icon_size = 32,
    pressure_to_speed_ratio = 0.4,
    flow_to_energy_ratio = 0.59,
	fuel_value = "1MJ",
    },
in bio-processing-wood-paper.lua in /angelsbioprocessing_0.5.6/prototypes/items/

and it seems to work fine!
Last edited by fiery_salmon on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Running angelsrefining (0.9.9) on vanilla results in a Water Refining 4 research topic with no effects (and no WR3 prerequisite).

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

fiery_salmon wrote:Brown liquor is

- accepted by liquifier
- not processed by liquifier after reaching 1k and blocks further input

Either it should not be accepted or it should be processed.

BTW, bioprocessing requires Boblogistics and Bobelectronics, unlisted as dependencies.

https://pastebin.com/8WwscQhf has blueprint of what I used to reproduce this issue.

If anybody knows how one may manually edit mod to fix this bug - please, tell me - doing it will not be a trouble and would allow me to continue my SeaBlock game without constant rebuilding blocked clarifiers.

0.16.34, fresh game test with minimal mod set: angelbioprocessing, angelpetrochem, angelrefining, angelsmelting, base, bobelectronis, boblibrary, boblogistic, bobplates, bobrevamp

BTW, from what I read about brown liquor in real life it is typically burned. Maybe it can be a burning reaction for it, like for hydrazine in bobmods and oil in KS power?
@Angel - is there anything missing from this bug report that I may provide to make fixing it easier?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

fiery_salmon wrote:

- accepted by liquifier

BTW, bioprocessing requires Boblogistics and Bobelectronics, unlisted as dependencies.

https://pastebin.com/8WwscQhf has blueprint of what I used to reproduce this issue.

If anybody knows how one may manually edit mod to fix this bug - please, tell me - doing it will not be a trouble and would allow me to continue my SeaBlock game without constant rebuilding blocked clarifiers.

0.16.34, fresh game test with minimal mod set: angelbioprocessing, angelpetrochem, angelrefining, angelsmelting, base, bobelectronis, boblibrary, boblogistic, bobplates, bobrevamp

BTW, from what I read about brown liquor in real life it is typically burned. Maybe it can be a burning reaction for it, like for hydrazine in bobmods and oil in KS power?
@Angel - is there anything missing from this bug report that I may provide to make fixing it easier?
There is a recipe to process brown liquor: From the top of my head some sodium byproduct and nitric waste water

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Arch666Angel wrote:
fiery_salmon wrote:

- accepted by liquifier

There is a recipe to process brown liquor: From the top of my head some sodium byproduct and nitric waste water
Yes, but there is nothing (at least at this point of game) that consumes it and I am able to void only gases/fluids. Using this reaction would only change what I store.

Also, in general clarifier worked for all fluids that I encountered so far and needed to void (including some potentially useful ones), I am surprised that it refuses to work here.

BTW, what you think about allowing to burn it? It seems to be done in RL and I think that it would fit here.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

snip_20180331141622.png
snip_20180331141622.png (243.89 KiB) Viewed 6081 times
You can void the nitric waste and recover sulfur from the sodium.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Arch666Angel wrote:
snip_20180331141622.png
You can void the nitric waste and recover sulfur from the sodium.
Given that (at least for now) I have enough sulfur to build The Yellow Sulfur Pyramids of Canada Seablock ( http://www.businessinsider.com/there-ar ... 012-4?IR=T ) it would not be the best solution.

Given that I would process it to sodium sulfate, then to sulfur then to sulfur dioxide just to vent it I would prefer to just burn/dump brown liquor.

Especially as in reality it is typically burned (at least according to Wikipedia) and that any other fluid/gas that I encountered may be destroyed.

Frost
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frost »

It appears that Bob's most recent update renamed(?) stone and steel pipes which broke bioindustries. Darn Bob, I am getting really tired of this constant ... improvement.

shirutan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shirutan »

crop-farming.lua fix

{
type = "tool",
name = "token-bio",
icon = "angelsbioprocessing/graphics/icons/token-bio.png",
icon_size = 32,
flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
subgroup = "farming-gardens",
order = "g",
stack_size = 200,
durability = 1,
durability_description_key = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount"
},

{
type = "tool",
name = "token-bio",
icon_size = 32,
order = "g",
stack_size = 200,
durability = 1,
durability_description_key = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount-key",
durability_description_value = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount-value"
},

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

fiery_salmon wrote: Given that (at least for now) I have enough sulfur to build The Yellow Sulfur Pyramids of Canada Seablock ( http://www.businessinsider.com/there-ar ... 012-4?IR=T ) it would not be the best solution.

Given that I would process it to sodium sulfate, then to sulfur then to sulfur dioxide just to vent it I would prefer to just burn/dump brown liquor.

Especially as in reality it is typically burned (at least according to Wikipedia) and that any other fluid/gas that I encountered may be destroyed.
That reminds me, here's another recipe that gives too much sodium sulfate for the amount of sulfuric acid consumed:
sulfate.png
sulfate.png (119.44 KiB) Viewed 5890 times

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Ya that recipe has extra zero on salt and sulfate imo, also there is other recipe for sulfate also which requires too little sulfuric acid since you get more sulfur from that loop also than you put into it. The salt one is totally broken and the other gives you like 50% extra sulfur if you loop it.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Termak wrote:Ya that recipe has extra zero on salt and sulfate imo, also there is other recipe for sulfate also which requires too little sulfuric acid since you get more sulfur from that loop also than you put into it. The salt one is totally broken and the other gives you like 50% extra sulfur if you loop it.
Names! I need names! :D

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

shirutan wrote:crop-farming.lua fix

{
type = "tool",
name = "token-bio",
icon_size = 32,
order = "g",
stack_size = 200,
durability = 1,
durability_description_key = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount"
},

{
type = "tool",
name = "token-bio",
icon_size = 32,
order = "g",
stack_size = 200,
durability = 1,
durability_description_key = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount-key",
durability_description_value = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount-value"
},
Is already in.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Trainwreck wrote:
fiery_salmon wrote: Given that (at least for now) I have enough sulfur to build The Yellow Sulfur Pyramids of Canada Seablock ( http://www.businessinsider.com/there-ar ... 012-4?IR=T ) it would not be the best solution.

That reminds me, here's another recipe that gives too much sodium sulfate for the amount of sulfuric acid consumed:
sulfate.png
Funny, I build this recipe yesterday to get rid of sulfur, because sodium sulfate can be used for glass production. I really don't need more sulfur. If I use up any source of sulfur (sulfur dioxide, sulfuric waste water and so on) its more than enough. Seablock has also another use for sulfuric waste water for oil-production, but still its too much.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I did a balance run on the sulfur stuff for the next update(s). It went from 1 sulfur -> 41,6 acid to 1 sulfur -> 40 acid. So slight nerf to sulfur and closed some other loopholes hopefully.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Termak wrote:Ya that recipe has extra zero on salt and sulfate imo, also there is other recipe for sulfate also which requires too little sulfuric acid since you get more sulfur from that loop also than you put into it. The salt one is totally broken and the other gives you like 50% extra sulfur if you loop it.
Names! I need names! :D
I play on marathon settings if that has any difference.

The first one is the previously posted HCl synthesis where the solids are also multiplied by 10 after the liquid change last year.
Second is the Sodium Sulfate Synthesis, it itself has no big problems but if you make sodium sulfate with the recipe and then turn that into 4sodium + 2sulfur and then use that sulfur to make more sulfuric acid you have net gain of like 40% more sulfur.

Helmod picture of process, at top you can see the extra sulfur it generates in red. To make 10 sodium with the loop you need 3.6 sulfur but you generate 5 with the recipe.
If you make the sulfate recipe to cost like 70 acid instead 50 i think it balances pretty well.
Picture
The HCl synthesis loop is even worse, it makes like 10 times more sulfur than it uses. Which obviously comes from the extra zero in the recipe.
Helmod picture

wrendering
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wrendering »

Just joined these forums in defense of Synthesis Hydrochloric Acid: Sodium Sulfate.

I don't care about the sulfur return, although I do think it's convenient that the other recipes allow you to make sulfuric acid from excess sodium. That's neither here nor there, though, and in any case I don't think many people here have a lack of sulfuric acid. What I wanted to mention was the hydrochloric acid return.

Yes, it is a bit silly compared to the normal ratios. If I calculated it correctly, 60 salt should return 1200 hydrochloric acid, not 70. However: I'm doing a run with limited-to-no clarifiers and flare stacks, and this recipe is the best I've got for balancing chlorine/sodium production. I've otherwise not been able to really find any other good ways of balancing things out -- sodium carbonate from algae is niche unless I do some funky smelting backconversion; I don't use many plates for cellulose paste recipes; sinking it into rocket fuel (if you can, I don't remember the ratios there) kinda works but means you need to scale the production of anything that uses chlorine up and down to match your RPM, which seems like a losing battle; and sinking it into explosives requires that you somehow use that many explosives. The best option seems to be just mining more Crotinnium.

In short: if this recipe goes, can we please get something else that either voids chlorine when looped (like the syngas and purified water decomposition and reforming), recipes that convert it to something else (like how looping sodium sulfate recipes could convert sodium hydroxide into sulfuric acid), or just another useful use for it? I realize that not many people try to take on this sort of flare stack/clarifier-less challenge, and that the mod may not even be designed with that in mind, but it does seem like that sort of thing should be possible -- forming an almost-closed loop from a few simple ingredients.

Anyway, just some thoughts that I had. Love the mods, thank you for making them -- I've doubled the time I spent on my vanilla runthrough on an A/B run in 0.16.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

wrendering wrote:I realize that not many people try to take on this sort of flare stack/clarifier-less challenge
I am trying to do it :)

Though I do a limited form - I allow voiding something that is never produced (otherwise Seablock would be impossible).

Return to “Angels Mods”