Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

bonesbro wrote:In this game I'm trying Angel's but not Bob's. I've found that it's impossible to progress because I need concrete blocks but cannot make them. Concrete bricks require molten concrete, molten concrete requires cement, cement requires Silicon Ore, and you cannot get Silicon Ore with just Angel's mods.
bonesbro wrote:
Termak wrote:Silicon ore might be named Quartz ore on the search mods since thats the original Bob's name for it.
Easiest way to get silicon is sorting chunks or use the second tier cupric recipe which does need lubricant.
Yes, I played a number of games with Bob's before, and none of those ores exist exist in stock + angels + RSO. There are four Angel's ores: Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. No Rubyte and no Bobmonium. Sorting the four ores produces iron or copper, as well as iron/copper nuggets and pebbles. The sorting recipes you mention also do not exist. Cupric Chloride can be created but has no uses and Lubricant is not used as an input to any sorting recipes.
Carch wrote:
bonesbro wrote:
Termak wrote:Silicon ore might be named Quartz ore on the search mods since thats the original Bob's name for it.
Easiest way to get silicon is sorting chunks or use the second tier cupric recipe which does need lubricant.
Yes, I played a number of games with Bob's before, and none of those ores exist exist in stock + angels + RSO. There are four Angel's ores: Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. No Rubyte and no Bobmonium. Sorting the four ores produces iron or copper, as well as iron/copper nuggets and pebbles. The sorting recipes you mention also do not exist. Cupric Chloride can be created but has no uses and Lubricant is not used as an input to any sorting recipes.
minor workaround. if you know how to do it. open up prototypes/recipes/smelting-stone.lua file and replace quartz with someting. I went with stone-brick (in part to use up more stone. and because it's part of the vanilla recipe for concrete)
I'm sorry to say but as of now there is no "vanilla" mode for smelting, so it is not supposed to work with just "vanilla". I always felt that making it work for vanilla play would remove to much of what smelting is about, the alternative would be to introduce some of the metals but then again they would have no further use.
DarkElder wrote:Small bug in Angels Addons - Ore Silos;
When you remove ore replace an [ore] silo, you get normal silo in your inventory
That is intended.
jcranmer wrote:Minor bug, but it was screwing up some of my scripts (they really need to be more tolerant of errors, but meh):

The gas synthesis colors seem to be *slightly* off (note the missing r property):

Code: Select all

{
    type = "fluid",
    name = "gas-synthesis",
    icon = "__angelspetrochem__/graphics/icons/gas-synthesis.png",
	icon_size = 32,
	default_temperature = 25,
    heat_capacity = "0.1KJ",
    base_color = {210/255, g = 120/255, b = 210/255},
    flow_color = {210/255, g = 120/255, b = 210/255},
    max_temperature = 100,
	pressure_to_speed_ratio = 0.4,
    flow_to_energy_ratio = 0.59,
},
I'll add that to the list to be fixed, but you should include a validation check for your code as well. Thanks for the report.
toastftw wrote:Hi there friends. I'm really new to this game, and am having trouble getting Angel's Infinite Resources to work. It is currently the only mod I have. I'm not sure I'm posting to the right place, but any help would be appreciated. I've got the mods showing up in the base game, but with the update yesterday to 16.23 (the day after I bought the game), I can't get this mod to work. Is there any workaround or plans to update? Thanks anyone for the help.
You have to be a bit more specific to what the problem actually is: Does the mod throw up an error? Dont you see infinite version of the ores in the map generation menu? What other mods do you use?

Carch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Carch »

Arch666Angel wrote: I'm sorry to say but as of now there is no "vanilla" mode for smelting, so it is not supposed to work with just "vanilla". I always felt that making it work for vanilla play would remove to much of what smelting is about, the alternative would be to introduce some of the metals but then again they would have no further use.
ahh. I see. still fun. I partly assumed it was groundwork for your larger 'angel's industries' plans in the future. thanks for the quick response!

toastftw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by toastftw »

Arch666Angel wrote: You have to be a bit more specific to what the problem actually is: Does the mod throw up an error? Dont you see infinite version of the ores in the map generation menu? What other mods do you use?
I solved the problem myself. The main problem is that I'm an idiot. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. Looking forward to trying this mod.
:)

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

Arch666Angel wrote:
bonesbro wrote:In this game I'm trying Angel's but not Bob's. I've found that it's impossible to progress because I need concrete blocks but cannot make them. Concrete bricks require molten concrete, molten concrete requires cement, cement requires Silicon Ore, and you cannot get Silicon Ore with just Angel's mods.
bonesbro wrote:Yes, I played a number of games with Bob's before, and none of those ores exist exist in stock + angels + RSO. There are four Angel's ores: Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. No Rubyte and no Bobmonium. Sorting the four ores produces iron or copper, as well as iron/copper nuggets and pebbles. The sorting recipes you mention also do not exist. Cupric Chloride can be created but has no uses and Lubricant is not used as an input to any sorting recipes.
I'm sorry to say but as of now there is no "vanilla" mode for smelting, so it is not supposed to work with just "vanilla". I always felt that making it work for vanilla play would remove to much of what smelting is about, the alternative would be to introduce some of the metals but then again they would have no further use.
I think you're really underselling your mod! Smelting alone is a big an interesting improvement over vanilla. Sorting two different ores per resource with different byproducts, further refining steps to increase efficiency at the cost of more management, the more complicated and detailed smelting options... it's a big interesting jump over vanilla. I particularly like how I was excited to go find Crotinium to add to Stiratite so that the copper byproducts (pebbles and nuggets) would balance.

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

It looks like the colored metal catalysts (red metal catalyst, etc) are bugged if Bob's is not installed. They don't require anything to create except the metal catalyst frame. Makes it awfully easy :)

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Spelling error spotted
error.png
error.png (63.58 KiB) Viewed 7301 times

Isiseffect
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Isiseffect »

bonesbro wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
bonesbro wrote:Yes, I played a number of games with Bob's before, and none of those ores exist exist in stock + angels + RSO. There are four Angel's ores: Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. No Rubyte and no Bobmonium. Sorting the four ores produces iron or copper, as well as iron/copper nuggets and pebbles. The sorting recipes you mention also do not exist. Cupric Chloride can be created but has no uses and Lubricant is not used as an input to any sorting recipes.
I think you're really underselling your mod! Smelting alone is a big an interesting improvement over vanilla. Sorting two different ores per resource with different byproducts, further refining steps to increase efficiency at the cost of more management, the more complicated and detailed smelting options... it's a big interesting jump over vanilla. I particularly like how I was excited to go find Crotinium to add to Stiratite so that the copper byproducts (pebbles and nuggets) would balance.

So, Im a bit confused. Is there a solution to the lack of silicone thing?
Does anyone know what mods are needed to enable silicone? Or Should we just use the console to cheat some concrete brick?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

what you would need is bob's plates. Without that, cheat.

Isiseffect
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Isiseffect »

Awesome! Thank you much! :mrgreen:

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

Hi Angel, thank you a ton for your mods!
Last edited by Nukeist on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

While trying to do a 'quick' patch of seablock to work with 0.16 for personal use... chasing the issues is fun...

Failed to load mods: __angelsrefining__/data-final-fixes.lua:2 .... /prototypes/generation/angels-override.lua:3: attempt to index field 'autoplace' (a nil value)
the syntax may need updating (obviously this is not an issue in most games), but:
line 3 can be commented out
lines 4, 8, 12 remove ["autoplace"]
lines 5,9,14 replace ["autoplace"] with ["autoplace-control"]

At least that "looks" right?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Nukeist wrote:Hi Angel, thank you a ton for your mods. I'm running into one issue when playing with Sea Block. I can't hand craft the wooden board required for the basic circuit board that is needed for a research lab. Meaning I need an assembler to research Automation. Another Sea Block user suggested it's likely this mod so I'm at your mercy :D
did you check you that you can't craft the wooden boards, or is it just red at the circuit board level? also do you have the tech? sea blocks creates a stage with stirite and with green algae.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

remove
Last edited by Nukeist on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

I found another bug with RSO and Infinite Ores Petrochem and not Bob's Ores. Infinite uranium ore cannot be mined. Regular uranium ore can be mined using sulfuric acid but not infinite unranium ore, even with sulfuric acid in the machine.

I looked through the LUA files and I think I found the bug. In petrochem-global-override.lua it has htis:

if data.raw.resource["uranium-ore"] then
    data.raw.resource["uranium-ore"].minable.required_fluid = "liquid-sulfuric-acid"
end
but nothing ever overrides infinite-uranium-ore.

Edit: Unzipped and tested by editing petrochem-global-override.lua to add this. It worked:

if data.raw.resource["infinite-uranium-ore"] then
    data.raw.resource["infinite-uranium-ore"].minable.required_fluid = "liquid-sulfuric-acid"
end

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

remove
Last edited by Nukeist on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IanRaven »

Are the fluid splitters gone?
I can't seam to find them anywhere?

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

IanRaven wrote:Are the fluid splitters gone?
I can't seam to find them anywhere?
id you mean the fluid 3-way splitter, yes, those were removed. The rest of the valves are in the fluid control tab.

batorfly
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by batorfly »

So, i want to play without bob's electronics, but i can't, because of that:
(Works with bob's electronics, but when i disable electronics, that error occurs)
Attachments
Yhh.PNG
Yhh.PNG (13.09 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
Last edited by batorfly on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Hi Angel, just got some tiny issues from the bioprocessing locale:

desert-1="Sweet. Get's you all fuzzy and warm around your heart"

Should be "Gets"

desert-3="Productive. Always has to be stored oderly"

Should be "orderly"

temperate-1="Wil. Plant from a place where no man has gone before"

Did you mean "Wily" or something similar? Looks like a typo, "Wil" is not a word.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

MadClown01 wrote:Hi Angel, just got some tiny issues from the bioprocessing locale:

desert-1="Sweet. Get's you all fuzzy and warm around your heart"

Should be "Gets"

desert-3="Productive. Always has to be stored oderly"

Should be "orderly"

temperate-1="Wil. Plant from a place where no man has gone before"

Did you mean "Wily" or something similar? Looks like a typo, "Wil" is not a word.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wil_Wheaton
Star Trek reference :ugeek:

Return to “Angels Mods”