Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

CoSM1iC
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by CoSM1iC »

Decided to come back to a full angels/bobs playthrough after about a year and was trying to apply all the mods and got the following error message related to Angels Refining.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Failed to load mods: __angelsrefining__/data-updates.lua:3: __angelsrefining__/prototypes/refining-override.lua:204: attempt to index field 'chemical-plant-2' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
-angelsrefining

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

CoSM1iC wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:12 pm
Decided to come back to a full angels/bobs playthrough after about a year and was trying to apply all the mods and got the following error message related to Angels Refining.

Failed to load mods: __angelsrefining__/data-updates.lua:3: __angelsrefining__/prototypes/refining-override.lua:204: attempt to index field 'chemical-plant-2' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
-angelsrefining
i think i know that one. You need (i think) Angels Petrochem also loaded. The game cant find some item to produce "chemical-plant-2" (glass iirc?) and the plant reciepe is not altered to some other thing when Petrochem is not added.
its been a while since i had (something like?) this, might be completely off

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

CoSM1iC wrote:

Mods to be disabled:
-angelsrefining
Are you missing bobsassembly?

Raimos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Raimos »

Been playing bobs and angels for couple weeks and then still happened on a load. Searched the net and this forum cant find anything.
Tried loading with only Angels smelting, petrochem and refining. Also tried loading with Bobs library and ore still wont load.
Tried rolling back to version 0.4.5 and other copy of 4.6 that I had in a mod pack.

** Fixed by re installing a mod pack with the mod in it.

20181215171106_1.jpg
20181215171106_1.jpg (62.54 KiB) Viewed 4909 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Raimos wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:41 am
Been playing bobs and angels for couple weeks and then still happened on a load. Searched the net and this forum cant find anything.
Tried loading with only Angels smelting, petrochem and refining. Also tried loading with Bobs library and ore still wont load.
Tried rolling back to version 0.4.5 and other copy of 4.6 that I had in a mod pack.

** Fixed by re installing a mod pack with the mod in it.

20181215171106_1.jpg
Modlist? Seems that someone or something removed one of the base game ores.

Raimos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Raimos »

Thanks Angel for the reply. I play with alot more on but even with this list the angels smelting give the line 17 error message. What if any mods should be added to this list maybe I am missing something?

This is a list of the mods I am trying to load and enabled but I am still getting this error message. Also I reverted to 0.4.3 and got that to load.
20181216093913_1.jpg
20181216093913_1.jpg (449.81 KiB) Viewed 4876 times

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Raimos wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm
This is a list of the mods I am trying to load and enabled but I am still getting this error message. Also I reverted to 0.4.3 and got that to load.
I would guess, you need Bobs metals, if using Bobs ores

Raimos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Raimos »

To further clarify this is a truncated list of the mods I am using. A full list can be provided but all I did was update Angels Smelting to 4.6 to try and play on a multiplayer server and this error code showed up. I tried going back to 4.5 but it was not until 4.3 that I was able to play again. Also to further eliminate potential issues I did update only Angels Smelting after I rolled back and got this error aswell.

MarlinClay
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

creating a wiki

Post by MarlinClay »

Hello @Arch666Angel,
I'd like to create a wiki on Angels Mods, is it ok with you ?
Platform would be gamepedia, because this is where factorio is.

I feed that a wiki is needed to help beginners. (and gather info from left and right)

thanks !

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

I'm getting this minor error on options with only Angels mods enabled:
Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 1.56.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 1.56.10 PM.png (101.56 KiB) Viewed 4667 times

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

There's a bug in Angel's Industries where adding a small construction expander will expand the construction zone and bots will start using it even thou the expander has no power.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Trebor wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:03 pm
I'm getting this minor error on options with only Angels mods enabled:
Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 1.56.10 PM.png
Just missing localization :)
Trebor wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:12 pm
There's a bug in Angel's Industries where adding a small construction expander will expand the construction zone and bots will start using it even thou the expander has no power.
All roboports start with an energy buffer, so if there is no charging going on they will function even without powering them.

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:36 pm
CoSM1iC wrote:

Mods to be disabled:
-angelsrefining
Are you missing bobsassembly?
I likely managed to replicate this issue; bob's assembly has the option to disable chemical plants, but angel's refining checks only for the mod, it doesn't check if that particular config is set. If you thus have bob assembly installed but you disable the "additional chemical plants" you will encounter this issue.
(One might want to do this if they are also using Angel's petrochem and would prefer to only have one set of chemical plants)

Fulkan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fulkan »

Hi there, I recently tried to make a map with some mods + 3 angels ( refining smelting petrochem) activated, upon generating ( and preview ) there was no sapherite creation (crot stit juv were still generating) and and there was still uranium generation.
After loads of disable and enableing of mods to pin down which one caused it ( worked fine with just the 3 angel mods ), it was Bio Industries. Now perhaps Angels Bio has the ability to take over that role, i still like Bio industries, and i find it strange a mod that doesn't spawn any ores or other recources on the ground could cancel custom ore generation. any info you need from me to perhaps see why Bio is screwing it up just ask.
Full mod list upon generation:
200 inventory size
Alien loot economt
Alien walls
Angel's Petro Chemical Processing
Angel's Refining
Angel's Smelting
Atomic Artillery
Auto Deconstruct
Auto Research
Belt Upgrader
Belt sorter
Bio Industries
Bot Landfill Bucket Wheel Excavators
Bullet Trails
Cargo Ships
Clock
Deep core mining
EvoGUI
Expanded Robot Technology
Explosive Excavation
FNEI
Miniloader
Modular Turrets
Moon Rock
Mushroom Cloud
Natural Evolution Buildings
Natural Evolution Enemies
Natural Evolution Expansion
Orbital Ion Cannon
Rampant
Recursive Blueprints
Recursive Blueprints Extended
Reverse Factory
Robot Army

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Been playing seablock, and finally researched Tree Arboretum from Angel's Bio Processing , and there seem to be two issues with it:

1. The research is called Tree Aboretum, while the object is called Arboretum.

2. The Arboretum requires Tree Seeds, which can only be made from Soil, however Soil making requires to have Farming researched, so it feels like Tree Arboretum should depend on Farming being researched first.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

pretty sure "Farming" is the very first research in "Bioprocessing" mod so it should be before Aboretums. But i have not used it in months.
But when i did, i had no problem with the chain, just some not so obvious things, which took some time to understand how its intended.

And i never played Seablock, which could mess up some reciepes afaik.
There are a couple of search results, mostly reddit, that ask for it in Seablock.
The problem might be, that special trees and gardens wont spawn on anything but vanilla biomes.
Its up the the author of Seablock to solve that, tho im sure they are all talking to and helping eachother.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 pm
pretty sure "Farming" is the very first research in "Bioprocessing" mod so it should be before Aboretums. But i have not used it in months.
But when i did, i had no problem with the chain, just some not so obvious things, which took some time to understand how its intended.

And i never played Seablock, which could mess up some reciepes afaik.
There are a couple of search results, mostly reddit, that ask for it in Seablock.
The problem might be, that special trees and gardens wont spawn on anything but vanilla biomes.
Its up the the author of Seablock to solve that, tho im sure they are all talking to and helping eachother.
No, farming and arboretums are in different chains. No prerequisite there.

I too researched and built arboretums only to discover that I need farming to make them work.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:33 pm

No, farming and arboretums are in different chains. No prerequisite there.

I too researched and built arboretums only to discover that I need farming to make them work.
my bad. Should indeed be locked behind farming then.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I'll have a look since I'm juggling around techs in bio anyway.

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Slag Processing 2 gives buildings that require Reinforced Concrete Bricks, so probably should be locked behind Cement Processing 3. (Might be good to include the Titanium requirement as well.)

In general i am noticing a LOT of techs that become available long before their prerequisites are available. Is this intentional or something that you'd prefer be brought up more?

Return to “Angels Mods”