Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by septemberWaves »

I was suggesting more of a temporary interim solution to the research rather than a perfectly-balanced long-term solution. I agree that the smelting mod could probably do with some rebalancing compared to the latest 0.14 version though.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

The warehouse mod allows you to bypass the intended science packs required for certain logistics chests. This is quite a big issue, as it throws off the intended 0.15 progression curve, and lets you fully unlock the logistic system waaaay before you are suppose too.

The logistics warehouse research need to be put behind the logistic system research.

undarl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by undarl »

The Uranium Ore recipe using crystallized Mineral Sludge currently only uses 5 sludge, rather than the updated 50 of the other sludge recipes.

Naxza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Naxza »

Hey, I know there's a lot going on with updating to .15, and Bobplates presently breaking refining and infinite ores, but additionally, in the .15 version, infinite ores appears to also be disabling the generation of most of Bob's Ores, (Crotinnium and Jivolite are okay, though, are those you or Bob?) like all the by-default-unchecked ones in the startup settings, and the Yuoki ores. It's not that there's no infinite ores for them, there's, well, just no ores at all. I've tried with and without RSO, and angelsinfiniteores seems to be the culprit here, unless it's how angelsores is hooking into RSO.

Just a heads up, I suppose.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Naxza wrote:Hey, I know there's a lot going on with updating to .15, and Bobplates presently breaking refining and infinite ores, but additionally, in the .15 version, infinite ores appears to also be disabling the generation of most of Bob's Ores, (Crotinnium and Jivolite are okay, though, are those you or Bob?) like all the by-default-unchecked ones in the startup settings, and the Yuoki ores. It's not that there's no infinite ores for them, there's, well, just no ores at all. I've tried with and without RSO, and angelsinfiniteores seems to be the culprit here, unless it's how angelsores is hooking into RSO.

Just a heads up, I suppose.
Do you have refining?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Naxza wrote:Hey, I know there's a lot going on with updating to .15, and Bobplates presently breaking refining and infinite ores, but additionally, in the .15 version, infinite ores appears to also be disabling the generation of most of Bob's Ores
I get the feeling you haven't played much with Angel's mods before. Infinite Ores is supposed to disable all ores except coal, and replace them with Bobmonium, Crotinnium, Jivolite, Rubyte, Saphirite, and Stiratite. From those six base ores, you can create every ore from both the base game and Bob's mods using Angel's various refining processes.

Naxza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Naxza »

Yes I have refining, and kindly don't patronize me. It still removes Bobmonium and Rubyite (in fairness, that might be tied to bobplates not being done yet, I suppose the bob ores are moot at this point anyways) along with the Yuoki ores. Things break pretty hard if you start check-enabling the other Bob ores such that Jivolite and Crotinnium break and/or don't spawn, either. And for what it's worth, yes I know how ore sorting works and how you're supposed to get the other metals through refining. I've put the time in and played with the mods.

I get that I could've avoided most of my post if I knew the inner guts of angelsrefining/ores, but I don't, and I still can't get the yuoki ores even after correcting my mistakes. I'm flailing in the dark here and I'm not sure if the avalanching removal of other ores related or not related to BobAngels is worth mentioning.

Edit: I've come to realize that the yuoki materials are to be acquired by processing slag. Welp, guess I can pack up and go home now.
Last edited by Naxza on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

I did some testing a few days ago to find out how things work and also looked in the mod source.

Infinite Ores does one thing only: adds infinite ores. It supports vanilla, Bob's and some other mods.

If you have RSO, it will merge finite and infinite ores, so you have only one setting on map generation and infinite ore will appear in the middle of finite ores patches once you exit your starter area.

If you don't have RSO, finite and infinite ores use two different setting at map generation and infinite ores can be found on their own.

Infinite Ores uses the enabled ores you have, so if you install Bob's ores and all Bob's ores are added but disabled, as they are, and you need other mods to enable them, like Bob's plates, then that ore is effectively disabled so you won't see it, with or without Angel's ores.

Angel's Ores also add the new Angel's Ores, but they are disabled.

Angels's Refining enables these ores and removes all other ores on the map, leaving only Angel's six ores. You get the rest of the ores though refining.

bluesam3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bluesam3 »

Using Steejo/Arumba's mod list (AAI Programmable Vehicles, Add Loader, Advanced Logistics System, Angel's Ores, Angel's Petrochem, ArumbaLights, AutoDeconstruct, AutoFill, AutoTrash, Bob's Mods, BottleNeck, BottleNeck Logistics, Bullet Trails, Burner Leech, Copy Assembler Pipe Direction, Bot Recaller, Crafting Combinator, Crafting Speed Research, Enchanced Map Colors, Expanded Robot Tech, Factorissimo 2, FARL, Foreman, GDIW, Handy Hands, Item Count, Larger Inventory, Laser Beam Turrets, Late Upgrades, Lightweight Inventory Sort, Loader Rotation Fix, Math Co Processor, Minimap Autohide, Nanobots, Orbital Ion Cannon, Picker Extended, Rail Tanker, Remove Mod Names, Research Revolution, RSO, Score Extended, Shiny Bob, Slow Key, Smarter Bot Recharge, Squeak Through, Text Plates, Tree Collision, Undecorator, Upgrade Planner, Vehicle Snap, Warehousing, What Is It Used For, YARM), plus Angels Smelting, several researches have "water-washing" as a prerequisite, which doesn't exist in the mod.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

bluesam3 wrote:Using Steejo/Arumba's mod list

(AAI Programmable Vehicles, Add Loader, Advanced Logistics System, Angel's Ores, Angel's Petrochem, ArumbaLights, AutoDeconstruct, AutoFill, AutoTrash, Bob's Mods, BottleNeck, BottleNeck Logistics, Bullet Trails, Burner Leech, Copy Assembler Pipe Direction, Bot Recaller, Crafting Combinator, Crafting Speed Research, Enchanced Map Colors, Expanded Robot Tech, Factorissimo 2, FARL, Foreman, GDIW, Handy Hands, Item Count, Larger Inventory, Laser Beam Turrets, Late Upgrades, Lightweight Inventory Sort, Loader Rotation Fix, Math Co Processor, Minimap Autohide, Nanobots, Orbital Ion Cannon, Picker Extended, Rail Tanker, Remove Mod Names, Research Revolution, RSO, Score Extended, Shiny Bob, Slow Key, Smarter Bot Recharge, Squeak Through, Text Plates, Tree Collision, Undecorator, Upgrade Planner, Vehicle Snap, Warehousing, What Is It Used For, YARM),

plus Angels Smelting, several researches have "water-washing" as a prerequisite, which doesn't exist in the mod.
Fixed for readability purposes.

Do you have the latest versions for Angels mods for v14? More specifically angels refining 0.6.13?

CitizenJoe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CitizenJoe »

Roight, I've been poking around the LUA's in refining and all I've been able to figure out is that the reference the error message is making is actually the recipe.ingredients table coming up completely blank somehow, no matter what overrides I've tried to change or delete. Does anyone know what precisely needs to be changed?

CitizenJoe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CitizenJoe »

Naxza wrote:Yes I have refining, and kindly don't patronize me. It still removes Bobmonium and Rubyite (in fairness, that might be tied to bobplates not being done yet, I suppose the bob ores are moot at this point anyways) along with the Yuoki ores. Things break pretty hard if you start check-enabling the other Bob ores such that Jivolite and Crotinnium break and/or don't spawn, either. And for what it's worth, yes I know how ore sorting works and how you're supposed to get the other metals through refining. I've put the time in and played with the mods.

I get that I could've avoided most of my post if I knew the inner guts of angelsrefining/ores, but I don't, and I still can't get the yuoki ores even after correcting my mistakes. I'm flailing in the dark here and I'm not sure if the avalanching removal of other ores related or not related to BobAngels is worth mentioning.

Edit: I've come to realize that the yuoki materials are to be acquired by processing slag. Welp, guess I can pack up and go home now.
Check again. You get the yuoki ores in decent volume from hydro refining then sorting the result.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Crash on Loading Mod.
Failed to load mods: __angelsinfiniteores__/data.lua:111: attempt to index field 'config' (a nil value)
I'm running the currently updated Bob's mods. But Bob's Config will not be updated to 0.15 (In-game config menu)

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Zyrconia wrote:snip
If you have RSO, it will merge finite and infinite ores, so you have only one setting on map generation and infinite ore will appear in the middle of finite ores patches once you exit your starter area.

If you don't have RSO, finite and infinite ores use two different setting at map generation and infinite ores can be found on their own.
snip
That's a shame. I want to use the Vanilla Train World with small sections of Infinite Ores in the middle of the fields.

Anyone know if it's possible to use it like that?

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:

snip
That's a shame. I want to use the Vanilla Train World with small sections of Infinite Ores in the middle of the fields.

With current mod state, its not possible. Maybe make the suggestion on the RSO forum thread, so its possible to have current ore patches layout but also treat infinite ores as a different ore and independent patches for it?

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:

snip

Don't think it is currently possible. Making infinite ore work like that would mean doubling up on some of the RSO generation code I think, but Angel can tell you better.

It is a shame though: in about 1 month (I'm waiting for all the mods to catch up) I want to launch a new giga base, something I'm going to work on for a year or something. And I'm thinking of going without RSO. RSO is great, but it does have a problem: it makes all the games feel to similar. With vanilla generation, you get surprises, like my latest vanilla game, where there are 15 patches of copper in the vicinity, but only 3 ore iron. RSO is too predictable and regulated. I can see the chunking algorithm at work.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Zyrconia wrote:
PiggyWhiskey wrote:

snip

Don't think it is currently possible. Making infinite ore work like that would mean doubling up on some of the RSO generation code I think, but Angel can tell you better.

It is a shame though: in about 1 month (I'm waiting for all the mods to catch up) I want to launch a new giga base, something I'm going to work on for a year or something. And I'm thinking of going without RSO. RSO is great, but it does have a problem: it makes all the games feel to similar. With vanilla generation, you get surprises, like my latest vanilla game, where there are 15 patches of copper in the vicinity, but only 3 ore iron. RSO is too predictable and regulated. I can see the chunking algorithm at work.
Well that's a bit of the premise of RSO, to make the ore generation a bit more even. If you want a different kind of challenge I recommend looking into the water maze mod or something else that changes the terrain generation, because having limited space is one of the bigger challenges the game has. Also really recommend pitch black mod, where you have to go to war every few hours.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Arch666Angel wrote:...because having limited space is one of the bigger challenges the game has...
Are you sure? I thought Angel's Petrochem was the biggest challenge this game has... :lol:

Now that I have you attention, have you thought about putting your efforts together with Bob and creating a new "Basic Chemical components" mod that both you and Bob would have as a dependency? This way we don't have two versions of hydrogen and you can mix and match any configuration of Bob's and Angel's mods?

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

With the Warehouse mod, it no longer shows icons for the contents. I realize this is fairly useless for "junk storage" warehouses which can have dozens of different kinds of things stored. But my primary use of the warehouses is for things like ore storage, so it's REAL handy to be able to visually see at a glance the one thing which is in there.

Was this taken out on purpose or is it a bug?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Vanilla factorio + Infiniteores and refining works, when loading with bobplates and boblibrary it shows the listed error
http://prntscr.com/f321td

The line referred on the error is due to the recipe ingredients on the blacklisted loop, its returning "nil", probably your recipe table and bob's recipe tables are different so they mismatch in the loop.

Also on the infiniteores mod its listing "config" as nil when we load it with bobores:
http://prntscr.com/f327xk

Your mods and bob's mods are having table mismatch I believe, which is causing all those issues.

Wish I could help more with some sort of callstack trace or something :/

Return to “Angels Mods”