Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base][BOB][YI][UP] Angels Infinite Ores 0.1.8

Post by safan »

Hello,

i'm having a lot of fun with this mod and the other angels mod. Have you already requested an own subforum? I think it would make things a lot more organised. Only worry i have now is that i can't keep the mod up to date since so much is still changing. :)

Atm i'm trying to puzzle together Aluminium for blue science in my angel + bob + science overhaul playtrough. The only thing i find remarkable is that you need the advanced electronics chip for the Electrical smelter, while angel's mod has a lot of electrical crushing, sorting etc with the first tier of electronic chips.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

safan wrote:Hello,

i'm having a lot of fun with this mod and the other angels mod. Have you already requested an own subforum? I think it would make things a lot more organised. Only worry i have now is that i can't keep the mod up to date since so much is still changing. :)

Atm i'm trying to puzzle together Aluminium for blue science in my angel + bob + science overhaul playtrough. The only thing i find remarkable is that you need the advanced electronics chip for the Electrical smelter, while angel's mod has a lot of electrical crushing, sorting etc with the first tier of electronic chips.
Thanks happy to hear that you have fun with them :)
I did actually ask what I need to do for an own subforum but haven't got a definitive answer, but will ask again because I certainly agree with that it would be more organized, although I'm already crosslinking to the other mods where I can.

It's a question of availability and the requirements do rise a bit for the later machine, but they are not yet balanced or revisited.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Tiny suggestion: you should say in the first post that if bobores is present, then bobconfig must also be present.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

brab wrote:Tiny suggestion: you should say in the first post that if bobores is present, then bobconfig must also be present.
That's Bob's thing though.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Pandemoneus wrote:
brab wrote:Tiny suggestion: you should say in the first post that if bobores is present, then bobconfig must also be present.
I'm not sure, the error I was getting was in Angel Infinite Ores, telling me it could not find something named config. My understanding of Bob's config is that it's optional: if you don't have it, you just play with the defaults.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

brab wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:
I'm not sure, the error I was getting was in Angel Infinite Ores, telling me it could not find something named config. My understanding of Bob's config is that it's optional: if you don't have it, you just play with the defaults.
There is a check/read in the mod to implement the different config options for infinite bobore, like which fields are active, which resource gem fields give etc and these information's are pulled from bobsconfig, the easiest fix is just to put bobsconfig in, else I have to look into it when I'm back home and change the check a bit that it doesn't throw an error when its not there.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Arch666Angel wrote:There is a check/read in the mod to implement the different config options for infinite bobore, like which fields are active, which resource gem fields give etc and these information's are pulled from bobsconfig, the easiest fix is just to put bobsconfig in, else I have to look into it when I'm back home and change the check a bit that it doesn't throw an error when its not there.
I was simply suggesting to say in the first post that it's needed. It's just a simple download, so if it makes things easier, requiring it is fine.

I'm a few hours in a playthrough, using Bob's mods and your mods (this one and the refining one), and it's a great experience. I'm at the point where I'm trying to automate green potions, and it's a wonderful challenge. Thanks for the mods!

ptnkjke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ptnkjke »

Hello. With Infinite Ores and Youki factorio not generates youki ores (Durotal Nuatreel). How fix it?

YoukisMod + BobsMod = ok
YoukisMod + AngelsMod = ok

YoukisM + AngelsM + BobsMod = missing YoukisM ore

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

and it is possible to return and turn off the endless ore? but refining?

а можно вернуть и отключить бесконечные руды? но с рефининг?
Attachments
bandicam 2016-05-16 01-13-53-586.jpg
bandicam 2016-05-16 01-13-53-586.jpg (91.31 KiB) Viewed 7166 times

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Oh gawd. Im going though the same thing. Got stuck with blue science for the entire weekend because I had to refactor my refining chain into a main bus just for gold and bauxite. Already fearing the future refactor because I forgot to add a couple of other ores in there and future problems with copper backing up and blocking all other ores. Iron is production is barely there.
Attachments
bus 2.PNG
bus 2.PNG (3.02 MiB) Viewed 7215 times
bus.PNG
bus.PNG (2.91 MiB) Viewed 7215 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ptnkjke wrote:Hello. With Infinite Ores and Youki factorio not generates youki ores (Durotal Nuatreel). How fix it?

YoukisMod + BobsMod = ok

The Yuokis Ores will come from the refining with that configuration, you will get them from sorting the chunks of saphirite and stiratite, or with the additional slag processing recipes.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

johnnyBgoode wrote:

Oh gawd. Im going though the same thing. Got stuck with blue science for the entire weekend because I had to refactor my refining chain into a main bus just for gold and bauxite. Already fearing the future refactor because I forgot to add a couple of other ores in there and future problems with copper backing up and blocking all other ores. Iron is production is barely there.

That's one giant refining factory :D Did you consider the advanced sorting recipe's which only have one output ore?

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Arch666Angel wrote:
That's one giant refining factory :D Did you consider the advanced sorting recipe's which only have one output ore?

Ugh... I'll put that on the checklist for next weekend. I have to find the other ores first.

ptnkjke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ptnkjke »

Arch666Angel wrote:
ptnkjke wrote:Hello. With Infinite Ores and Youki factorio not generates youki ores (Durotal Nuatreel). How fix it?

YoukisMod + BobsMod = ok

The Yuokis Ores will come from the refining with that configuration, you will get them from sorting the chunks of saphirite and stiratite, or with the additional slag processing recipes.
thks.

I had panic attack when i speng 15h+ and realized that i not know how found roudes.

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Cyres »

Found a Bug in angelsrefining:

File: prototypes/buildings/ore-refinery.lua, Line 176/177

Collision box of the ore refinery 3 is too small. Replace these two lines with

Code: Select all

collision_box = {{-3.4, -3.4}, {3.4, 3.4}},
selection_box = {{-3.5, -3.5}, {3.5, 3.5}},

Edit: Whoops, the ore refinery 3 isn't craftable, i just tested it with testmode :lol:

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Cyres wrote:Found a Bug in angelsrefining:

File: prototypes/buildings/ore-refinery.lua, Line 176/177

Collision box of the ore refinery 3 is too small. Replace these two lines with

Code: Select all

collision_box = {{-3.4, -3.4}, {3.4, 3.4}},
selection_box = {{-3.5, -3.5}, {3.5, 3.5}},

Edit: Whoops, the ore refinery 3 isn't craftable, i just tested it with testmode :lol:
The entity is defined in the files, but not used in game :) Have to clean that up once I'm 100% sure I won't use it. ;)

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Alright, a few things that I noticed too:
  • Ore Processing 1 research unlocks silver instead of lead. (I know you gated the lead behind Bob's lead processing research, but when we think of tiers it should be iron, copper, tin and lead on the first tier)
  • Ore Crusher 2 & 3 have the same crafting speed, but 3 takes more energy
  • Why does the first wood recipe in Bio Processing 1 take 3 resin for 5 wood? I would be just cheaper to craft the wood from raw wood or heavy oil instead of going your route.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Macaroni Mancer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Macaroni Mancer »

I'm having some issues running it on base. The burner ore crusher doesn't seem to have a recipe assigned to it, as it gives a strange prompt "Build what?" when clicked, doesn't appear to be acting like an assembler.

Macaroni Mancer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base][BOB][YI][UP] Angels Infinite Ores

Post by Macaroni Mancer »

Arch666Angel wrote:what other mods are you using?
Belt Hoppers
Mining Tools
More Light
Nucular
Trashcan
Warehousing
Air Filtering
Angel'sProcessing
Angel's Refining
Base
Clock
Greenhouse
Reverse Factory
Specialized Refineries

I figured out you can use the burner crusher until you've researched the first refining tech... that's a little bit of a pain. Awesome mod BTW! been using it with Bob's for hours and hours.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base][BOB][YI][UP] Angels Infinite Ores

Post by Arch666Angel »

Macaroni Mancer wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:what other mods are you using?
I figured out you can use the burner crusher until you've researched the first refining tech... that's a little bit of a pain. Awesome mod BTW! been using it with Bob's for hours and hours.
Yeah the buildings are set up for the use with bobs and only the recipes are changed to work with the base game, I might change it somewhere in the future so the base game will also use some or all of the angelsores and have different fractions of iron and copper ore in the loot table with different yields and possibilities to combine, a bit more the way hardcrafting does it maybe.

And thanks for the feedback, glad you like it and that you have fun with it :)

Return to “Angels Mods”