Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by KiwiHawk »

McFrugal wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:17 pm
Where are levac fish and dorflurp jellyfish? I can't seem to find any in my world.
Try looking in a different biome. A filtered deconstruction planner is a quick way of checking a lake.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

dzbanek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dzbanek »

There's a problem with Tree III recipe, it can't be crafted with Arboretum nor any other machine.

drayath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drayath »

Just hit the follow error,
On a save using rampant mod,
Remove one of the rampant biter factions (untick mod settings/startup/rampant/poison biter faction)
Load save (and use the new config)
Get this error.

Code: Select all

The mod OSM-Lib (1.1.27) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event osm-lib::on_configuration_changed
The mod Angel's Exploration (BETA) (0.3.13) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event angelsexploration::on_technology_effects_reset (ID 103)
__angelsexploration__/src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua:50: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__angelsexploration__/src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua:50: in function 'init_force_data'
	__angelsexploration__/src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua:120: in function 'on_tech_research_reset'
	__angelsexploration__/control.lua:89: in function <__angelsexploration__/control.lua:87>
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'reset_technology_effects'
	__osm-lib__/control.lua:34: in function <__osm-lib__/control.lua:8>

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Sworn wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:11 am
When playing with the tech overall, the plants farming, exploration and components, it definitely expect you to go explore and find more "gardens", more ore patch, as the starter one usually aren't enough.

But there is no way to actually go explore, except walking it. By the time you are able to get any kind of vehicle, on green science, you don't need it anymore, as you already have everything needed to progress.

Feel likes it is pushing you to explore without giving any means to it, and just walk for 30min or more isn't that fun.

My suggestion, this is what I did in my currently run. Add some kind of vehicle that doesn't have any weapons, and modify the recipe and tech to be unlocked with the "Basic Exploration" science. I used the mod Lightcycle, where the first bike with very low hp, lower than default, so you can't just "run over trees and hit everything". That feel really good, good to explore, not op to just run cause you usually will die in 4 or 5 trees or one rock, and match the mod theme for exploration. This could be something added to "Angel's Exploration (ALPHA)"
I like the idea of some sort of bike early game. I created an issue for it such that we won't forget to implement it.

aurunemaru wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:30 pm
I found a problem on angels industries while playing with technology overhaul

the required lab for Puffer refugium 2 doesn't accept bio-token, which is required for research
This is fixed for the next release. FYI: the next release should come out later today!

drayath wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:19 pm
Just hit the follow error,
On a save using rampant mod,
Remove one of the rampant biter factions (untick mod settings/startup/rampant/poison biter faction)
Load save (and use the new config)
Get this error.

The mod OSM-Lib (1.1.27) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event osm-lib::on_configuration_changed

Error while running event angelsexploration::on_technology_effects_reset (ID 103)
__angelsexploration__/src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua:50: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__angelsexploration__/src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua:50: in function 'init_force_data'
	__angelsexploration__/src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua:120: in function 'on_tech_research_reset'
	__angelsexploration__/control.lua:89: in function <__angelsexploration__/control.lua:87>
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'reset_technology_effects'
	__osm-lib__/control.lua:34: in function <__osm-lib__/control.lua:8>
Sworn wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:24 pm
if you are suffering from this bug
The mod Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod (1.1.3) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event bobplates::on_configuration_changed

Error while running event angelsexploration::on_technology_effects_reset (ID 102)
stack traceback:
every time you update a mod, do this change file: angelsexploration_xx.zip, src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua, line 50 from:

if technologies[trigger_name].researched then
to:

if technologies[trigger_name] and technologies[trigger_name].researched then
do it at your own risk, I have no idea if this has any side efect.
I fixed it (similarly) for the next release. FYI: the next release should come out later today!

dzbanek wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 9:24 am
There's a problem with Tree III recipe, it can't be crafted with Arboretum nor any other machine.
I can craft all recipes in the arboretum. Can you provide a save file where it is not possible for you?
tree recipes.png
tree recipes.png (22.12 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

dzbanek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dzbanek »

lovely_santa wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:40 pm
I can craft all recipes in the arboretum. Can you provide a save file where it is not possible for you?
tree recipes.png
Unfortunately not, I already finished the run. I was using omnifluid, maybe it was the cause? I haven't had any other problems though.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

dzbanek wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:28 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:40 pm
tree recipes.png
Unfortunately not, I already finished the run. I was using omnifluid, maybe it was the cause? I haven't had any other problems though.
I recall omni having their own way of creating wood, that might be the cause... no matter what, have fun playing! Sorry for the delayed answer.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Zoomtag
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zoomtag »

Hi and thanks for the crazy fun mods!

I've been playing a long term game with your mods for years on and off.
Recently came back to it and updated your wonderful modpack to latest versions.

I have one question about a specific recipe that has been modified.
Specifically the ammonium chloride recycling, it was changed from
OLD
ammonium chloride gas + limestone = calcium chloride + ammonia gas + purified water
TO
ammonium chloride (no longer a gas) + limestone = calcium chloride + ammonia gas + purified water

image:
https://gyazo.com/dddb8101df0cf70f1626abb7bc421421

I cannot find a recipe to make this non gazeous ammonium chloride.

Am I missing something? Did that recipe chain just got removed or should I add some kind of new mod tree that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Zoomtag wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:47 pm
Hi and thanks for the crazy fun mods!

I've been playing a long term game with your mods for years on and off.
Recently came back to it and updated your wonderful modpack to latest versions.

I have one question about a specific recipe that has been modified.
Specifically the ammonium chloride recycling, it was changed from
OLD
ammonium chloride gas + limestone = calcium chloride + ammonia gas + purified water
TO
ammonium chloride (no longer a gas) + limestone = calcium chloride + ammonia gas + purified water

image:
https://gyazo.com/dddb8101df0cf70f1626abb7bc421421

I cannot find a recipe to make this non gazeous ammonium chloride.

Am I missing something? Did that recipe chain just got removed or should I add some kind of new mod tree that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance
That recipe is from Bob's Revamp mod. The latest update to Angel's Petrochem hid the recipe. You can see it in the chemical plant because it was already set before the update. If you clear the set recipe, you will no longer be able to pick it. This is deliberate
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Lochar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lochar »

I appear to have an issue with ferric chloride solution with Bob's Electronics and Petrochem. The blue circuit recipe wants the bob's electronics version and isn't overriden to be the Petrochem version.

Petrochem: 0.9.22
Bob's Electronics: 1.1.5

--Edit
It appears to be a failure if you don't have Bob's MCI turned on as a mod.

silvernova115
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by silvernova115 »

5.402 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Failed to load mod "angelsindustries": __angelsindustries__/prototypes/buildings/centrifuge.lua:274: attempt to index local 'fluid_box_prototype' (a number value)
stack traceback:
__angelsindustries__/prototypes/buildings/centrifuge.lua:274: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
__angelsindustries__/data.lua:112: in main chunk
5.405 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
5.533 Checksum for core: 1476961332
5.577 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Source: default (utility-sprites).
5.711 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384
5.712 Created atlas bitmap 2048x640 [icon, not-compressed, mipmap, linear-minification, linear-magnification, linear-mip-level]
5.718 Texture processor created (2048). GPU accelerated compression Supported: yes, Enabled: yes/yes. Test passed. YCoCgDXT PSNR: 35.83, BC3 PSNR: 33.82
5.897 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 15)
6.462 Sprites loaded
6.489 Generated mipmaps (5) for atlas [0] of size 2048x640
6.489 Custom mipmaps uploaded.
6.495 Factorio initialised
12.026 Quitting: user-quit.
12.098 Steam API shutdown.
12.101 Goodbye

any idea what this could be?

finrodfelagund
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by finrodfelagund »

Is basic farm/bioprocessing having no recipes at the start intended ?

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

silvernova115 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 pm
5.402 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Failed to load mod "angelsindustries": __angelsindustries__/prototypes/buildings/centrifuge.lua:274: attempt to index local 'fluid_box_prototype' (a number value)
stack traceback:
5.577 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

5.712 Created atlas bitmap 2048x640 [icon, not-compressed, mipmap, linear-minification, linear-magnification, linear-mip-level]
5.718 Texture processor created (2048). GPU accelerated compression Supported: yes, Enabled: yes/yes. Test passed. YCoCgDXT PSNR: 35.83, BC3 PSNR: 33.82
6.462 Sprites loaded
12.101 Goodbye

Can you post your mod list please? I've not been able to reproduce this issue. Thanks!

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

finrodfelagund wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:10 pm
Is basic farm/bioprocessing having no recipes at the start intended ?
Yes, it's intended. You need to research one of the farming techs to unlock the recipes (desert, temperate, or swamp farming). A similar situation occurs with blast furnaces. You unlock them first, then need to research one of the smelting techs to unlock the first recipes (copper, iron, tin, lead smelting).

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Lochar wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:16 am
I appear to have an issue with ferric chloride solution with Bob's Electronics and Petrochem. The blue circuit recipe wants the bob's electronics version and isn't overriden to be the Petrochem version.

Petrochem: 0.9.22
Bob's Electronics: 1.1.5

--Edit
It appears to be a failure if you don't have Bob's MCI turned on as a mod.
Thanks for reporting this! It's been fixed, ready for the next release.

Buy me a coffee

Battlecat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Battlecat »

Hello! I'm just working through a modded game using Angels, AAI, Bob's, and a few other things with component mode enabled and ran into a weird issue. When planning out the block manufacturing lines, I noticed the Warefare, Exploration, and Logistics Blocks aren't used in any recipes other than the more advanced versions of the blocks.

I subsequently cleared all my mods except the current version of Angel's Mods and FNEI (so I chould check the recipies). As before, Warfare, Exploration, and Logistics weren't used in any recipes.

Given the whole component part of the Angel's Industries Mod is in Beta I just wanted to determine if those blocks haven't been implemented or if I've messed up my installation and should do a clean re-install of the mods. Thanks very much!

silvernova115
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by silvernova115 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:32 am
silvernova115 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 pm
stack traceback:

6.462 Sprites loaded
12.101 Goodbye

Can you post your mod list please? I've not been able to reproduce this issue. Thanks!
narrowed down to an issue with APM nuclear fork mod. idk a fix though.

Danjen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danjen »

I updated the game after not playing for about a year and now smelting seems broken? Previously, I would always get mechanical refining ASAP so I could convert iron ore to plates for efficiency, and then do the metallurgical fluids. However, FNEI reports that Iron Ore has no uses, and the only way to make plates, at all, is to use Crushed Stiratite => Iron Ore. No recipes are enabled out-of-the-box. What?

EDIT: I'm enabling mods one by one and it looks like something is actually changing the recipe somewhere, since just Angel's Smelting (and reqs) seems to work
EDIT 2: Looks like bobsplates was ruining things for some reason. You can ignore this post entirely, thanks.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Danjen wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:01 am
I updated the game after not playing for about a year and now smelting seems broken? Previously, I would always get mechanical refining ASAP so I could convert iron ore to plates for efficiency, and then do the metallurgical fluids. However, FNEI reports that Iron Ore has no uses, and the only way to make plates, at all, is to use Crushed Stiratite => Iron Ore. No recipes are enabled out-of-the-box. What?

EDIT: I'm enabling mods one by one and it looks like something is actually changing the recipe somewhere, since just Angel's Smelting (and reqs) seems to work
Can you create a new game, save it, then upload that save file please? It's the best way of getting your exact mod list and settings.

Iron ore can't be smelted directly. It needs to be made into Iron Ingots and Molten Iron first.

Buy me a coffee

Danjen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danjen »

Iron ore can't be smelted directly
The early game production chain used to be:
Saphirite Ore => Crushed Saphirite => Iron Ore => Iron Plates

But it looks like that's been changed. This is pretty significant for me, since I often play marathon games with 5x researach. With these settings, it takes about 2-3 hours to research Mechanical Refining for the Ore Sorter, after which point I would go for the molten casting stuff (requires steel).

... But since I can't use the Iron Ore it makes yet, and now have to research steel before getting ANY efficiency upgrades, that change to the iron ore will probably add another 5 or 6 hours of playtime, which is pretty disappointing.
Attachments
dan.zip
Empty save file w/ mods
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 60 times

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

For me, with Seablock but that doesn't seem to touch the recipes, smelting is more efficient without sorting:

2.25 saphirite -> 1.5 iron plates
2.67 saphirite -> sorting -> 1 iron plate, 0.5 copper plate

Return to “Angels Mods”