Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Sworn »

lovely_santa wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:32 pm

@mutkanum and @Sworn I checked with the latest version of angels mods (ready to be released) and could not reproduce the error (both maps load fine) for me, with your settings and mod config....
Gonna wait this next release and see what happens when updating it.

ddmmyyyy1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ddmmyyyy1 »

The latest angelsrefining does not work if artifacts are disabled

Error in assignID: technology with name 'alien-research' does not exist.

Source: bob-energy-shield-equipment-4 (technology)

Fishammer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fishammer »

Hi, I just wanted to report that after the latest update to Angel's Refining for some reason i can't smelt ores to plates anymore and I couldn't find anything about this in the Changelog (or maybe I missed it). Downgrading to 0.12.0 luckyly helped.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Fishammer wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:01 pm
Hi, I just wanted to report that after the latest update to Angel's Refining for some reason i can't smelt ores to plates anymore and I couldn't find anything about this in the Changelog (or maybe I missed it). Downgrading to 0.12.0 luckyly helped.
What mods are you using?
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Gathering turret, what does it do?

I have it, biters come in range, nothing happens...
gathering turret.png
gathering turret.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 6571 times
turret.png
turret.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 6571 times

Fishammer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fishammer »

All tiles stack to 1k Updated
Angel's Addons - C.A.B.
Angel's Addons - Ore Silos
Angel's Addons - Petrochem Train
Angel's Addons - Pressure Tanks
Angel's Addons - Smelting Train
Angel's Addons - Storage Options
Angel's Addons - Warehouses
Angel's Bioprocessing
Angel's Industries
Angel's Infinite Ores
Angel's Petrochemical Processing
Angel's Refining
Angel's Smelting
Blueprint Extensions
Bob's Adjustable Inserters mod
Bob's Assembling machines mod
Bob's Classes and Multiple characters mod
Bob's Electronics mod
Bob's Enemies mod
Bob's Functions Library mod
Bob's Greenhouse mod
Bob's Logistics mod
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod
Bob's Mining mod
Bob's Modules mod
Bob's Ores mod
Bob's Personal Equipment mod
Bob's Warfare mod
Bottleneck
Clock
Crafting Speed Research
Enhanced Map Colors
EvoGUI - Evolution Factor Indicator and more
Explosive Termites
Factorio Library
Factorio Standard Library
Factorissimo2
Flare Stack
Flow Control
Fully Automated Rail Layer
GDIW - Gah! DarnItWater!
Helmod: assistant for planning your base.
Larger Lamps
Long and Far Reach
Orbital Ion Cannon
Orphan Finder
Resource Spawner Overhaul
Reverse Factory
Robocharger
Robot Mining Site
ShinyBobGFX
Smarter Trains
Squeak Through
steinio's unlasting oil
Stone Water Well
The Fat Controller
Vehicle Radar
VehicleSnap
What is it really used for?
Yemto's Item Count

I tried disabling Angel's Refining at first before downgrading and after disabling it i could smelt the ores again so the smelting isn't disabled by other mods per se, probably just due to interference with them

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

ddmmyyyy1 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:50 pm
The latest angelsrefining does not work if artifacts are disabled

Error in assignID: technology with name 'alien-research' does not exist.

Source: bob-energy-shield-equipment-4 (technology)
Thanks for the report; this is fixed for the next release. A quick work-around is to temporary enable the alien artifacts and the colored artifacts in the settings of bob enemies.
Sworn wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:11 pm
Gathering turret, what does it do?

I have it, biters come in range, nothing happens...

gathering turret.png
turret.png
The gathering turret is used to gather items on the ground dropped by the biters. As I see in your technology window, I assume you do not have any artifacts enabled on your playthrough? Can you confirm this, I would've expected an unlock as the one shown below to be next to the gathering turret technology. This rendering the gathering turret useless for you.
ArtifactGathering.png
ArtifactGathering.png (50.01 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
Fishammer wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:01 pm
Fishammer wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:21 pm
I tried disabling Angel's Refining at first before downgrading and after disabling it i could smelt the ores again so the smelting isn't disabled by other mods per se, probably just due to interference with them
Do you mean you cannot smelt the refined ores to plates directly? That would be intended since angelssmelting 0.6.15 to enforce the use of angels metallurgy smelting. Can you confirm this is the problem you are describing? I cannot find any issue with your mod loadout.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

lovely_santa wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:05 am

The gathering turret is used to gather items on the ground dropped by the biters. As I see in your technology window, I assume you do not have any artifacts enabled on your playthrough? Can you confirm this, I would've expected an unlock as the one shown below to be next to the gathering turret technology. This rendering the gathering turret useless for you.

ArtifactGathering.png
Oh, so that is what it does, thanks. Yep I don't have artifacts enabled.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Sworn wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:44 pm
lovely_santa wrote:

ArtifactGathering.png
Oh, so that is what it does, thanks. Yep I don't have artifacts enabled.
The turret has only limited use for now; I do plan on adding more use cases for the turret in the future. I wanted to push a functional version out to get the majority of the bugs fixed before continuing... I've added a description to the turret for the next release.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

lovely_santa wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:38 pm
The turret has only limited use for now; I do plan on adding more use cases for the turret in the future. I wanted to push a functional version out to get the majority of the bugs fixed before continuing... I've added a description to the turret for the next release.
Nice, thanks for the info, gonna just burn them I guess.

One thing, when playing with Klonan's transport drone and having the components drop enabled, the request depto get deconstructed and its components dropped as it should, the same with the fluid depto, but the supplier does not. I assume the script that changes the drop was supposed to get all buildings. Well not complaining, just pointing it out.

Fishammer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fishammer »

lovely_santa wrote:
Do you mean you cannot smelt the refined ores to plates directly? That would be intended since angelssmelting 0.6.15 to enforce the use of angels metallurgy smelting. Can you confirm this is the problem you are describing? I cannot find any issue with your mod loadout.
Yes, thanks a lot that's exactly my problem and that would explain it, however I'm still a bit confused since the change apparently happened in version 0.6.15 but I don't have this issue when using 0.6.17.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

maybe your settings got reset during one of the mods update, or they changed the setting name or something similar

Stormcaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stormcaller »

I think that Bobmonium is not spawning in the start zone in a new game any longer

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Sworn wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:34 pm
One thing, when playing with Klonan's transport drone and having the components drop enabled, the request depto get deconstructed and its components dropped as it should, the same with the fluid depto, but the supplier does not. I assume the script that changes the drop was supposed to get all buildings. Well not complaining, just pointing it out.
I will see where the issue comes from and if angels mods should do something about it. I made a github issue to track this.
Fishammer wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:25 am
lovely_santa wrote:
Yes, thanks a lot that's exactly my problem and that would explain it, however I'm still a bit confused since the change apparently happened in version 0.6.15 but I don't have this issue when using 0.6.17.
I assume this was with some bugs and dependent on the mod combination you were playing; it might (indirectly) be fixed now...
Stormcaller wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:17 am
I think that Bobmonium is not spawning in the start zone in a new game any longer
There are settings to enable/disable each ore in the starting area (in angelsrefining). Are you sure you got it set to enabled? I double checked and it is generating in new games when the setting is enabled for me...
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (48.42 KiB) Viewed 6281 times

mr_andy51
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mr_andy51 »

I've been having issues trying to use the search feature for Angel's Petrochemical Processing to look up Sodium Hydroxide. I had to use FNEI mod to find out that it's under Chlorine Processing 1 via Saline Water Electrolysis, but it won't pull this info up with vanilla search UI.
Attachments
Where Sodium Hydroxide is at.png
Where Sodium Hydroxide is at.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 6246 times
Hydroxide Research Search.png
Hydroxide Research Search.png (1.72 MiB) Viewed 6246 times
Hydroxide Search.png
Hydroxide Search.png (2.92 MiB) Viewed 6246 times

mig5323
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mig5323 »

Using Industries with component and tech overhaul on, the research for Puffers 2 seems broken. I can't insert Alien Plant Samples into Exploration Lab 2.
2022-01-05.png
2022-01-05.png (2.52 MiB) Viewed 6176 times
I'd attach the savegame, but it's 170 MB. :P

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

mig5323 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:44 am
Using Industries with component and tech overhaul on, the research for Puffers 2 seems broken. I can't insert Alien Plant Samples into Exploration Lab 2.
2022-01-05.png
I'd attach the savegame, but it's 170 MB. :P
This is already fixed for the next release. The quick workaround for this is to remove line 272 in angelsindustries/prototypes/buildings/angels-labs-exploration.lua

mr_andy51
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mr_andy51 »

mr_andy51 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:23 pm
I've been having issues trying to use the search feature for Angel's Petrochemical Processing to look up Sodium Hydroxide. I had to use FNEI mod to find out that it's under Chlorine Processing 1 via Saline Water Electrolysis, but it won't pull this info up with vanilla search UI.
Had someone after me replied to, so just bumping to see if this was acknowledged.

Pluranium_Alloy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pluranium_Alloy »

The recipe "Advanced deuterium fuel cell reprocessing" is actually impossible to craft as the centrifuge has no fluid input. Is this a bug or intended?
Attachments
2022-01-09.png
2022-01-09.png (6.79 MiB) Viewed 6074 times

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Pluranium_Alloy wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:30 pm
The recipe "Advanced deuterium fuel cell reprocessing" is actually impossible to craft as the centrifuge has no fluid input. Is this a bug or intended?
yep, seems to be missing the assemble target in the recipe :?

Return to “Angels Mods”