Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

grothesk wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:23 pm
hello,

we're stuck in science and cannot trigger cobalt research.
We met all pre requirements but it's still locked and it blocks a lot of further research trees....
Did we miss sometinhg?
We are playing Angel/Bob/Yuoki latest versions
I cannot reproduce this observation – cobalt processing should and does(!) depend on a third technology. Maybe you are using non-default settings? Can you upload a savefile so I can investigate?

grothesk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grothesk »

here we go, the save file
Attachments
AngelBob-4.zip
(16.22 MiB) Downloaded 146 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

grothesk wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:28 pm
here we go, the save file
Your savefile has Bob's "new steel" disabled. While it should not do anything in an AngelBob game, this setting is sometimes only *assumed* to be set.
If you activate it, cobalt processing becomes available in your savefile.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

gradius94 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:58 pm
Hello guys. Ive recently encountered a bug where it is possible to lookup disabled recipe via FNEI. I dont really know if this is a FNEIs fault or it belongs here. Please see below:
[…]
My guess is solid fuel from hydrogen is still showing up due to having flammables technology attached but I am not sure.

Anybody has any suggestions?
Apparently, this recipe is being disabled by Angel's but erroneously not removed from flammables. Therefore you can still see the recipe in the regular tech tree, and maybe this is what FNEI is confused about. Thanks for the report, this will be fixed soon – progress on it can be tracked here:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/618

grothesk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grothesk »

Thanks for support, it works now :D

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

Hello, FNEI (although not an authoritative source of info :D ) says "Something went wrong" at the recipe involving Crystal Catalyst, saphirite chunks and jivolite chunks. Is this normal?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

the_ave wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:06 pm
Hello, FNEI (although not an authoritative source of info :D ) says "Something went wrong" at the recipe involving Crystal Catalyst, saphirite chunks and jivolite chunks. Is this normal?
Its just a junk recipe that isn't used in that version of mods you have. Likely a recipe for compatibility with another mod. Just because you see it in fnei does not mean it's a bug. Fnei shows you everything in the data including the things you shouldn't see.

apocolypse323
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by apocolypse323 »

I seem to have come across an error that crashes the game whenever I try to chop down a tree, mine ore, break big rocks, or seeming remove any otherwise naturally generating objects in the game by hand.

The mod Angel's Industry - Components Enhancement (1.1.2) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event angelsindustries-components-enhancement::on_player_mined_entity (ID 66)
__angelsindustries-components-enhancement__/control.lua:4: attempt to index field 'items_to_place_this' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__angelsindustries-components-enhancement__/control.lua:4: in function <__angelsindustries-components-enhancement__/control.lua:1>

For now, I can simply remove the mod, since I play singleplayer, but I felt it important to mention.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

apocolypse323 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:39 am
I seem to have come across an error that crashes the game whenever I try to chop down a tree, mine ore, break big rocks, or seeming remove any otherwise naturally generating objects in the game by hand.

The mod Angel's Industry - Components Enhancement (1.1.2) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event angelsindustries-components-enhancement::on_player_mined_entity (ID 66)
__angelsindustries-components-enhancement__/control.lua:4: attempt to index field 'items_to_place_this' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__angelsindustries-components-enhancement__/control.lua:4: in function <__angelsindustries-components-enhancement__/control.lua:1>

For now, I can simply remove the mod, since I play singleplayer, but I felt it important to mention.
this isnt an angels mod and therefore we cant do anything about it. you would need to report it to the mod author.

-G-
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by -G- »

I think there is a typo in this file. There's an extra 'm'.

Code: Select all

mods/angelspetrochem/prototypes/override/bobplates.lua
Also, isn't the crude oil suppose to be super pollutant? I think bob uses a 10x more pollution rate.
Attachments
aa.PNG
aa.PNG (30.54 KiB) Viewed 5412 times

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

-G- wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:54 am
I think there is a typo in this file. There's an extra 'm'.

Code: Select all

mods/angelspetrochem/prototypes/override/bobplates.lua
Thanks for the report. This is fixed for the next release.
-G- wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:54 am
Also, isn't the crude oil suppose to be super pollutant? I think bob uses a 10x more pollution rate.
We did a few iterations on them already... Not entirely sure what Pez wants in this case...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

pete1969
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pete1969 »

Maybe Angels/bob mod issue which seems to be an issue with the red tier 1. I have unlocked the tech1 archive but I can't find any way to actually research with it or build it. ( I do not have the Intelligence repository) My only research options require a Red science analyzer and a Basic DataCore. But my only research buildings available are Basic Lab and Tech Archive 1 and 2. None of those accept both a red science analyzer and a basic DataCore. There is a note that if I kill myself I will get a new one but early in the game how do I kill myself? I'm stuck ?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

pete1969 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:13 am
Maybe Angels/bob mod issue which seems to be an issue with the red tier 1. I have unlocked the tech1 archive but I can't find any way to actually research with it or build it. ( I do not have the Intelligence repository) My only research options require a Red science analyzer and a Basic DataCore. But my only research buildings available are Basic Lab and Tech Archive 1 and 2. None of those accept both a red science analyzer and a basic DataCore. There is a note that if I kill myself I will get a new one but early in the game how do I kill myself? I'm stuck ?
With Tech Archive 2 you should be able to research "Basic Technology Upgrade" which unlocks Basic Lab 2. Basic Lab 2 accepts Basic Datacore and many different analyzers.

pete1969
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pete1969 »

Yes but I cannot build the tech one archive or/and 2. I need the Intelligence repository. It says "You only have one of these! Take good care of it! if you do lose it ,kill yourself and you'll get a new one" How do I kill myself so early in the game as one has not appeared. I walked for mile to find the enemy and they are not here yet!!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

pete1969 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:06 pm
Yes but I cannot build the tech one archive or/and 2. I need the Intelligence repository. It says "You only have one of these! Take good care of it! if you do lose it ,kill yourself and you'll get a new one" How do I kill myself so early in the game as one has not appeared. I walked for mile to find the enemy and they are not here yet!!
Intelligence repository in a building that spawns next to the crashed ship. Did you destroy it? How did you do any research without accessing the intelligence repository?

AlienWalker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlienWalker »

How i can change "angel's enemy multiplayer" in current game? I didn't saw it when i created world, and now i don't have biters =\

AlienWalker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlienWalker »

AlienWalker wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:37 am
How i can change "angel's enemy multiplayer" in current game? I didn't saw it when i created world, and now i don't have biters =\
I found solution, resource spawn overhaul force disable this function. Thank you for answer =\

TornBreeze
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TornBreeze »

hi..
Quick question about Angel Refining. My mod Not So Simple Wood doesn't seem to be working properly due to angel refining. The first wood recipe of my mod has an output of 1k wood. However, only 200 pieces of wood come out when I play Angel Refining. Any plan what could be the problem? (I think the problem comes from Angel Refining, as it is mentioned in the tooltip of the recipe.)
"Ein häufiger Fehler, den Leute
machen, wenn sie etwas völlig
Idiotensicheres erfinden wollen,
ist den Einfallsreichtum von
Vollidioten zu unterschätzen."
- Douglas Adams

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

TornBreeze wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:03 pm
hi..
Quick question about Angel Refining. My mod Not So Simple Wood doesn't seem to be working properly due to angel refining. The first wood recipe of my mod has an output of 1k wood. However, only 200 pieces of wood come out when I play Angel Refining. Any plan what could be the problem? (I think the problem comes from Angel Refining, as it is mentioned in the tooltip of the recipe.)
Wild guess: maybe angel's mods change the stack size of wood to 200, while your mod requires it to be 1k to even fit into the output of the machine.

TornBreeze
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TornBreeze »

valneq wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:01 pm

Wild guess: maybe angel's mods change the stack size of wood to 200, while your mod requires it to be 1k to even fit into the output of the machine.
nope..
I just checked again. The machine gives out 1k of wood as normal. But if I want to craft it manually then only 200 (one stack) will come out. Somehow that doesn't make it any easier. :?
"Ein häufiger Fehler, den Leute
machen, wenn sie etwas völlig
Idiotensicheres erfinden wollen,
ist den Einfallsreichtum von
Vollidioten zu unterschätzen."
- Douglas Adams

Return to “Angels Mods”