Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Jemsterr »

I'm guessing it's related to the removal of platinum?

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

Yup. I also find one something went wrong receipt from seablocks. But not sure is it just removed receipt or bug:
Annotation 2020-07-12 185804.png
Annotation 2020-07-12 185804.png (260.68 KiB) Viewed 6162 times

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Wigzz wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:53 pm
Hi Guys

i think i just found a bug since the last update of angel refining or this is my seablock that is bug but i can lets you see since last update this week ore sorting the crushed cupric ore is creating Something went wrong ( recipe ) and below it tell me you are missing dependencies or something went wrong but i did not change anything can anyone help me ?

Thanks
Hmmm... weird that the cupric ore is creating something wrong... I'll have to look into it. And as Jemsterr mentioned, yes this is very likely to be caused by the removal of the platinum ore recipe.
burner wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:59 pm
Yup. I also find one something went wrong receipt from seablocks. But not sure is it just removed receipt or bug:
That should be the removed platinium recipe, right? And your only use for it was catalysts, which should have different recipes now, if you can confirm that. I'll use your previously uploaded save file to have a look.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Wigzz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wigzz »

Me it is on the first tier for crupic take a look
Attachments
factorio.png
factorio.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 6150 times

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:54 pm
Hi Guys

i think i just found a bug since the last update of angel refining or this is my seablock that is bug but i can lets you see since last update this week ore sorting the crushed cupric ore is creating Something went wrong ( recipe ) and below it tell me you are missing dependencies or something went wrong but i did not change anything can anyone help me ?

Thanks
Hmmm... weird that the cupric ore is creating something wrong... I'll have to look into it. And as Jemsterr mentioned, yes this is very likely to be caused by the removal of the platinum ore recipe.
That should be the removed platinium recipe, right? And your only use for it was catalysts, which should have different recipes now, if you can confirm that. I'll use your previously uploaded save file to have a look.
I dont remember what that was. But most probably something what I did not use for anything anyways because I had removed output inserters. If you want take look it is second undermost sorter at that save. For me that does not cause any problems so that report was more like fyi.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Interestingly, my save doesn't seem to have platinum disabled at all... attached so you can take a look.
Attachments
bangelgob.zip
(16.35 MiB) Downloaded 123 times

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:30 pm
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:54 pm
Hi Guys

Thanks
I dont remember what that was. But most probably something what I did not use for anything anyways because I had removed output inserters. If you want take look it is second undermost sorter at that save. For me that does not cause any problems so that report was more like fyi.
Yep, I was correct. That's the platinum recipe that is removed now. It works correctly, you can just remove the recipe from the building, it's obsolete in your playthrough indeed. The recipe is no longer in your crafting menu, it's only showing on existing machines that had the recipe set.
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:35 pm
Me it is on the first tier for crupic take a look
I cannot reproduce this on a new bob angels map, nor on the seablock that burner gave me. Can you upload your save file so I can have a closer look?
alercah wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:33 pm
Interestingly, my save doesn't seem to have platinum disabled at all... attached so you can take a look.
You play with angels industries, your platinum is indeed not disabled. I just loaded up your save, and the crushed cupric sorting shows me copper and tin as expected? Must be something weird, or some unrelated issue might have fixed it? Anyhow, it seems to work just fine on your map for me.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Wigzz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wigzz »

here is my save if you want to try this is weird i didn't change any mod just did some update and that happen
Attachments
Seablock modpack.zip
(2.77 MiB) Downloaded 105 times

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Angel industries mod does not synchronize configs in multiplayer game. If you change angel industries settings it will not sync automatically with other clients.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:40 pm
You play with angels industries, your platinum is indeed not disabled. I just loaded up your save, and the crushed cupric sorting shows me copper and tin as expected? Must be something weird, or some unrelated issue might have fixed it? Anyhow, it seems to work just fine on your map for me.
Ah, I thought you removed platinum from Industries games without components, where it's only useful for catalysts.

EDIT: Also, in general, do you prefer bug reports here or on GH?

Wigzz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wigzz »

so too solve my problem i need to disable platinum ?? is this in the mod option ?

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Concrete bricks seem slightly off: https://i.imgur.com/AI78Zxf.png Tutorial grid? Is there supposed to be a speed modifier?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

cpy wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:49 pm
Angel industries mod does not synchronize configs in multiplayer game. If you change angel industries settings it will not sync automatically with other clients.
That's a base game bug.. It's not only happening with angels, but any multiplayer game in general. Share you mod-settings.dat file with each other, replace it in your mods folder and reload the game. You'll be able to join.
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:17 pm
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:40 pm
Ah, I thought you removed platinum from Industries games without components, where it's only useful for catalysts.

EDIT: Also, in general, do you prefer bug reports here or on GH?
Hmm... just playing industry overhaul might indeed be another case where platinum is (currently) not required I guess... I'm not sure yet what to do with it. I'll have another look.
And generally bugs should be reported here, github is more for the devs to keep track of what has to be done and only use cases to upload files when the forums don't allow it.

EDIT: I also disabled platinum when not playing with components now. So it will change for you now as well.
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:29 pm
so too solve my problem i need to disable platinum ?? is this in the mod option ?
No, I didn't respond yet to yours... You are not playing the same configuration as alercah is. Different settings, different bugs.

EDIT: Thanks for your save, I've found the cause. When platinum was disabled, there was no reason to have cupric ore anymore, so it was fully disabled. I've fixed it and now it is enabled. The last tier also received an alternative for the platinum when it's not present, in that case it will sort tungsten instead.
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:31 pm
Concrete bricks seem slightly off: https://i.imgur.com/AI78Zxf.png Tutorial grid? Is there supposed to be a speed modifier?
I wanted to give it the same speed modifier as refined concrete, however I didn't had time to put it in yet. It also has some other issues like it's not destroying decorations like the other tiles do. For now they are just the tiles that the base game provides without any tweaks done to them (yet).

Araxiel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Araxiel »

I think the Glass recipe somehow got broken. It doesn't show up and doesn't get unlocked anymore.
Annotation 2020-07-13 230017.jpg
Annotation 2020-07-13 230017.jpg (27.07 KiB) Viewed 5964 times
It doesn't even show anything in the "What is it used for" mod.
Annotation 2020-07-13 230213.jpg
Annotation 2020-07-13 230213.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 5964 times
The reason I noticed this, is because the Beekeeping mod uses glass for it's empty syringes. The current workaround I employed is simply changing the empty syringe recipe to only use iron plates in my local mod files, but not sure if the Beekeeping mod is not up-to date and glass got removed from Angel Smelting (couldn't find anything in the patch notes though, and angel-glass-plate recipes are still in the Angel's Smelting files?), or if the glass recipe is broken somehow.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:47 pm
I wanted to give it the same speed modifier as refined concrete, however I didn't had time to put it in yet. It also has some other issues like it's not destroying decorations like the other tiles do. For now they are just the tiles that the base game provides without any tweaks done to them (yet).
Other tiles don't destroy decorations as far as I can see, at least not with Alien Biomes. If you look at the save I posted above there are plenty of decorations left on the area I have paved with stone brick.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Random thought: why not replace Concrete and Reinforced Concrete with the Angel's items, rather than making new ones?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Araxiel wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 am
I think the Glass recipe somehow got broken. It doesn't show up and doesn't get unlocked anymore.
Annotation 2020-07-13 230017.jpg

It doesn't even show anything in the "What is it used for" mod.
Annotation 2020-07-13 230213.jpg

The reason I noticed this, is because the Beekeeping mod uses glass for it's empty syringes. The current workaround I employed is simply changing the empty syringe recipe to only use iron plates in my local mod files, but not sure if the Beekeeping mod is not up-to date and glass got removed from Angel Smelting (couldn't find anything in the patch notes though, and angel-glass-plate recipes are still in the Angel's Smelting files?), or if the glass recipe is broken somehow.
That depends on the trigger settings inside angels smelting. I've relayed the message to Maxreader (bee mod) with info how he can enable the glass plates, or know when the glass plates are present. Not an angel issue. Glass plates were kinda useless in angels only, glass is only used for the boards. Of course they are still there for future use. They are also enabled when playing with bobs mods as well, as they have other uses then.
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:13 am
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:47 pm
Other tiles don't destroy decorations as far as I can see, at least not with Alien Biomes. If you look at the save I posted above there are plenty of decorations left on the area I have paved with stone brick.
There are 2 kinds of decorations, you have the big ones, which don't get removed, but you got some minimal mossy textures of the terrain, and those should get removed.
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:48 pm
Random thought: why not replace Concrete and Reinforced Concrete with the Angel's items, rather than making new ones?
Because angels implemented it this way... there are different uses for concrete versus bricks

emp_zealoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by emp_zealoth »

valneq wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:42 am
emp_zealoth wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 pm
Is it just kinda pointless way to try and get different gardens before mutation?
Garden mutations should not exist anymore.
Angel's Bioprocessing 0.7.9 changelog wrote:
  • Special gardens are now easier to (re)produce:
    • Reduces requirement to explore big sections of the map for gardens
    • Replaced Garden Mutation with Garden Cultivation, which is now red science
    • Altered the Garden duplication recipes to give certainly more gardens as output
Garden cultivation is negative on plant life samples, but garden duplication is positive. Those are different recipes. The latter one is unlocked by the specialized farming techs. Therefore you still need a couple of gardens to kickstart the entire process.
I would suggest lowering the time it takes to run 32 bio-token extraction to same effective time as it takes to run Garden Cultivation in a basic farm. Right now it takes 6.66 seed extractors per one basic farm and it's real annoying to deal with, since net gain is only 2 tokens per minute, and you end up with basically a dozen or more "dead" gardens stuck in extractors (since they will load up to two extra per extractor) and there isn't really any good ways of preventing it, especially since you have to consider that for just 10 specialized farms you need 134 (!!!) seed extractors

Took me like 30 IRL hours (or even more, I just left it to do a zyllion other things) just to have it fill up enough so that it starts to generate suprlus

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Just like with nuclear enrichment, you can use the circuit network to limit the amount of problems you have, and if you want a large-scale system, I highly recommend that.

EDIT: New bug report: logistic science in AB is sorted before production science in the tech list, even though production is required for logsitic.

EDIT2: Why can you make solid fuel in a liquefier?

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:12 am
There are 2 kinds of decorations, you have the big ones, which don't get removed, but you got some minimal mossy textures of the terrain, and those should get removed.
Hm? That's not what's happening:
2020-07-15_17-24.png
2020-07-15_17-24.png (1008.3 KiB) Viewed 5806 times

Return to β€œAngels Mods”