Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by lovely_santa »

jyf15 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:58 am
Hi, I was trying to upgrade to 0.18.28 with ABC and Space Exploration. And I received this notification:
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.54.49.png

At the moment SE 0.3.x does not support ABC at all since it's still testing. I was playing under 0.17.79 with SE 0.1.x and ABC. But this notification indicates incompatibility with SE 0.2.x. Is this a known incompatibility?
That's a SE issue, angels does not add duplicate ingredients to tech.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Ghosted Entities on destruction research kinda appears twice in the tech list... both when unresearched and once researched.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

There is a combo issue with the science overhaul and Omnimatter - Electric Omnitractor research is needed to make red circuits, but has pre-req techs that need red circuits to research.

Doradan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Doradan »

I´m not quite sure if this is an issue with Angels or with the Miniloader Mod (by Therax) or with Bob´s, but i`m gonna tell you guys anyways:

The chute (7.5 Items/ Second loader) and the Miniloader (30 Items/Second loader) are present in the Logistic tab to build, but the "basic" miniloader (15 Items / Second loader) is listed in the Bobs´s Logisitic Tab. Who is defining where the loaders will show up? I´m using All Angel´s Mods (including the Overhaul options) and also Bob´s (including his logistics overhaul, meaning i have grey belts with a speed of 15 items/second, yellow with 30, and so on...)

realmike
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by realmike »

Hello! After I updated Angel's mods, the following error occurred in my save:
The operations of all arithmetic combinators are changed to multiplication when Angel's mods migrate while using "Angel's Industries" and "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod".

Versions:
Factorio: 0.18.29
Angel's Industries: 0.4.2
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod: 0.18.8

How to reproduce:
1. Run Factorio WITHOUT any mods.
2. Create a new game and place the arithmetic combinator on the map, set the combinator operation to division (for example).
3. Save the game and exit.
4. Install and enable the "Angel's Industries" and "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod" mods.
5. Load the save, the operation of the arithmetic combinator changes to multiplication.
6. Disable either "Angel's Industries" or "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod".
7. Load the save, the operation of the arithmetic combinator will NOT change.

viska
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by viska »

Hello everyone,
I'm playing Bob and Angel run and try to filter raw fish oil for some nice lubricant.
https://i.imgur.com/XBsIRgv.png

Neither FNEI nor recipe itself show where it can be made in. In Press this recipe is blocked.

Could someone guide me how I can get this done please?

Factorio version: 0.18.29 steam
Mod list:
https://i.imgur.com/WXGNhjB.png

Thanks!

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

I migrated to Bio 0.7.10 from 0.7.8 and had to re-research the 2nd level of swamp farming, the one with crops 4 & 5.

I checked the migration lua (below) and noticed that desert is listed twice but swamp is missing. Nothing major, more of a nuisance.

for techToResearch, techToCheck in pairs{
["bio-temperate-farming-2"] = "bio-temperate-farming-1",
["bio-desert-farming-2"] = "bio-desert-farming-1",

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

I'm using Angel's Infinite Ores with the Sulfuric Acid required turned off and getting the screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/NNax5wP.

It still says there's a requirement, and even if there is, there's no input for it on the miner. Am I doing something wrong?

realmike
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by realmike »

realmike wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:48 pm
The operations of all arithmetic combinators are changed to multiplication when Angel's mods migrate while using "Angel's Industries" and "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod".

Versions:

How to reproduce:
2. Create a new game and place the arithmetic combinator on the map, set the combinator operation to division (for example).
4. Install and enable the "Angel's Industries" and "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod" mods.
5. Load the save, the operation of the arithmetic combinator changes to multiplication.
6. Disable either "Angel's Industries" or "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod".
To fix this error, it may be necessary to replace the line in the \prototypes\migration-functions.lua file in the angelsrefining mod

Code: Select all

operator = oldParams.operator
to

operation = oldParams.operation
at line 166.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

DJQuad wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm
I'm using Angel's Infinite Ores with the Sulfuric Acid required turned off and getting the screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/NNax5wP.

It still says there's a requirement, and even if there is, there's no input for it on the miner. Am I doing something wrong?
is the miners working? might be a tooltip bug

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

MeduSalem wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:58 pm
Ghosted Entities on destruction research kinda appears twice in the tech list... both when unresearched and once researched.
Thanks for the report, I've created an issue report on github to track this.
Illiander42 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 am
There is a combo issue with the science overhaul and Omnimatter - Electric Omnitractor research is needed to make red circuits, but has pre-req techs that need red circuits to research.
That's an omni issue, please report this in omni's discord (I'm sure Pez might even look at it)
Doradan wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:59 am
I´m not quite sure if this is an issue with Angels or with the Miniloader Mod (by Therax) or with Bob´s, but i`m gonna tell you guys anyways:

The chute (7.5 Items/ Second loader) and the Miniloader (30 Items/Second loader) are present in the Logistic tab to build, but the "basic" miniloader (15 Items / Second loader) is listed in the Bobs´s Logisitic Tab. Who is defining where the loaders will show up? I´m using All Angel´s Mods (including the Overhaul options) and also Bob´s (including his logistics overhaul, meaning i have grey belts with a speed of 15 items/second, yellow with 30, and so on...)
Angel does not alter the location of the shutes. I do know they appear with bobs when bobs mods are present, so this is bobs or miniloader mod that made compatibility with each other. You should report it to one of them, as angels has nothing to do with the order/subgroup that the loader items/recipes.
realmike wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:45 pm
realmike wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Versions:

How to reproduce:
To fix this error, it may be necessary to replace the line in the \prototypes\migration-functions.lua file in the angelsrefining mod

operator = oldParams.operator
to

operation = oldParams.operation
at line 166.
Thanks for the report. I was so focussed on the signals that I never looked at the operator! I've fixed this for the next of angels refining. If migration wasn't done, it will do it correct with the upcomming release of refining. Sadly, when migration was already done, there is nothing I can do to reverse this.

In the meantime, you can solve this yourself, and it will do it correctly, and be compatible with future updates! Sorry for this inconvenience! The next update should come before friday!
viska wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:57 pm
Hello everyone,
I'm playing Bob and Angel run and try to filter raw fish oil for some nice lubricant.
https://i.imgur.com/XBsIRgv.png

Neither FNEI nor recipe itself show where it can be made in. In Press this recipe is blocked.

Could someone guide me how I can get this done please?

Factorio version: 0.18.29 steam
Mod list:
https://i.imgur.com/WXGNhjB.png

Thanks!
This was a copy paste error on my end (sorry for that). I've fixed this for the next release of bioprocessing. That link also shows which 2 lines you have to alter in order for them to work properly. They should require a filtration unit.
Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:32 pm
I migrated to Bio 0.7.10 from 0.7.8 and had to re-research the 2nd level of swamp farming, the one with crops 4 & 5.

I checked the migration lua (below) and noticed that desert is listed twice but swamp is missing. Nothing major, more of a nuisance.

for techToResearch, techToCheck in pairs{
      ["bio-temperate-farming-2"] = "bio-temperate-farming-1",
Thanks for the report. I've fixed it in the migration file and i've also made a new migration for that specific tech for those that will not manually research it in the upcoming update of bioprocessing.
kingarthur wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm
DJQuad wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm

is the miners working? might be a tooltip bug
I do know the base game does indicate it wrongly (it always says it requires sulfuric acid in the past). I do not know if they fixed that yet. If you open the miner, it should tell you in the gui. However, you do not see any fluid boxes on the miner, so they should not require any fluid. The green dot on the miner would also indicate that it is working (it would be red if it was short on materials). Can you try removing the miners that are on regular ore and check if a miner purely on infinite ore is still working?

If it would require fluids, it would show on top which fluid it needs, as shown in this screenshot below. (This also counts for infinite vanilla ores) In this case mining infinite bobmonium requires sulfuric acid:
fluidmining.PNG
fluidmining.PNG (4.14 MiB) Viewed 4099 times
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

viska
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by viska »

@lovely_santa thank you very much!

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

lovely_santa wrote: I do know the base game does indicate it wrongly (it always says it requires sulfuric acid in the past). I do not know if they fixed that yet. If you open the miner, it should tell you in the gui. However, you do not see any fluid boxes on the miner, so they should not require any fluid. The green dot on the miner would also indicate that it is working (it would be red if it was short on materials). Can you try removing the miners that are on regular ore and check if a miner purely on infinite ore is still working?

If it would require fluids, it would show on top which fluid it needs, as shown in this screenshot below. (This also counts for infinite vanilla ores) In this case mining infinite bobmonium requires sulfuric acid:
fluidmining.PNG
Yeah it does look like a tooltip bug. Thank you!

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

With Ref 0.11.12, the Electro Whinning Cell building can't be crafted. It's present in the refining-technology lua so possibly overridden. Does not show up in list of unlocked techs in research screen.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:18 pm
With Ref 0.11.12, the Electro Whinning Cell building can't be crafted. It's present in the refining-technology lua so possibly overridden. Does not show up in list of unlocked techs in research screen.
What mods do you have?
  1. Do you play with bobs mods? bobplates in particular?
  2. How many angels mods do you play with? Do you have industries?
  3. If you have angels industries, what mode are you playing in? Overhaul, overhaul + components or overhaul + components + science mode?

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

lovely_santa wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:49 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote:
What mods do you have?
  3. If you have angels industries, what mode are you playing in? Overhaul, overhaul + components or overhaul + components + science mode?
This is in Seablock, pardon the omission. That said:
Bobs, Bobs Plates: Yes.
Angels: Warehouse, Bio, Petro, Refining, Smelting but NOT Industries
N/A to overhaul

Other than that, I don't find any mention of Whinning when searching the Seablock mod for that text string, IAW not likely any override in Seablock.

I'll fire up a non-Seablock game with no change to other mods and check if the EW-Cell appears in FNEI. It did when using Ref 0.11.10 but not in 0.11.12.

EDIT: The new game (Bobs & Angels on firm ground
Modlist.png
Modlist.png (37.17 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
) shows the same symptom - no FNEI response to EWC-Cell craft tab.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:06 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:49 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote:
What mods do you have?
This is in Seablock, pardon the omission. That said:
Bobs, Bobs Plates: Yes.
Angels: Warehouse, Bio, Petro, Refining, Smelting but NOT Industries
N/A to overhaul

Other than that, I don't find any mention of Whinning when searching the Seablock mod for that text string, IAW not likely any override in Seablock.

I'll fire up a non-Seablock game with no change to other mods and check if the EW-Cell appears in FNEI. It did when using Ref 0.11.10 but not in 0.11.12.

EDIT: The new game (Bobs & Angels on firm groundModlist.png) shows the same symptom - no FNEI response to EWC-Cell craft tab.
Thanks for the details. I've fixed this for the next update of bioprocessing (tomorrow or friday will have the release).

Rice-o-matic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rice-o-matic »

Hello, using Factorio version 0.18.24 with Angels Bio Processing 0.7.8. I have run into the error where trying to use the butchery only works on gaseous puffers and does not work on: Rancid Puffing, Blazing Puffing, Acidic Puffing, and Corrodent Puffing to process them into raw meat even though I have researched Butchery 2

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

-- DESERT WOOD PROCESSING
{
type = "recipe",
name = "bio-rubber-tree",
category = "seed-extractor",
subgroup = "bio-arboretum-desert",
enabled = false,
energy_required = 4,
ingredients = {
{type = "item", name = "swamp-tree", amount = 1},
},
results = {
{type = "item", name = "bio-rubber", amount = 10}

Swamp tree processing turns into plastic AND rubber, here it should be desert tree turning into rubber surely.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Rice-o-matic wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:50 am
Hello, using Factorio version 0.18.24 with Angels Bio Processing 0.7.8. I have run into the error where trying to use the butchery only works on gaseous puffers and does not work on: Rancid Puffing, Blazing Puffing, Acidic Puffing, and Corrodent Puffing to process them into raw meat even though I have researched Butchery 2
Seems to work just fine on the latest (0.7.10) for me, it also shows in the tooltip "made in" the butchery.
Termak wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 am
-- DESERT WOOD PROCESSING
{
type = "recipe",
name = "bio-rubber-tree",
category = "seed-extractor",
subgroup = "bio-arboretum-desert",
enabled = false,
energy_required = 4,
ingredients = {
{type = "item", name = "swamp-tree", amount = 1},
},
results = {
{type = "item", name = "bio-rubber", amount = 10}

Swamp tree processing turns into plastic AND rubber, here it should be desert tree turning into rubber surely.
This is fixed for the next release of bioprocessing, thanks for the report!

Return to “Angels Mods”