Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by joemcguiregaming »

The recipe 'Urea Synthesis' seems to be missing. It's a disabled option in FNEI but there's no corresponding technology to unlock it, but I assume it's meant to exist but perhaps only unlocks with A Industries? I'm running all A mods except Industries and no Bobs.

My only path to make fertilizer is from Blazing Puffer breeding. Which could be intended but it feels more like an over site since to make fertilzer in any sufficient quantities requires a ridiculous amount of puffer breeding.

Also as an extension to my previous post, Paper is also another recipe that has no use without A Industries. There seems to be a lot of technology and recipes that are useless without Industries but still show up irregardless of having Industries installed, clogging up my tech tree and crafting bars.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I thought Angel mods were intended to be separate entities?

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

d33zoyle wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:58 pm
In a recent update, the fuel value for liquid fuel was reduced from 2.3 MJ to 300 kJ, was this intentional?
Yes.
This was missed during the fluid fuel value addition and has now been balanced to still be better than fuel-oil, and still be useful to make the enriched fuel blocks.

DJAS7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DJAS7 »

Recently, your updated salt which occupied the saline water and other salt-related recipes in the py's mod.
https://ibb.co/7bHY6xc
https://ibb.co/tqKnmZR
I hope you can communicate and negotiate with the author of py and then separate the two salts.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyrawores ... 000b438a45

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

Perhaps not a bug but an indicator of something beeing not quite all right:

Research screen shows two equal recipes turning Beans into Nutrient Pulp. Angel's Bio 0.7.7
BeansToNP.jpg
BeansToNP.jpg (71.03 KiB) Viewed 5368 times

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Both Alien Bio Processing 2 and Advanced Steel Smelting 2 are un-researchable, saying that all requisite technologies haven't been unlocked but this is untrue.

I was able to (temporarily) correct the Alien one by using the console, but the name for advanced steel doesn't seem to match the zip file lua name so I was unable to do the same for that.

Unless someone else has the same bug I feel like it'd be a pain in the ass to track down as it's probably a mod conflict somewhere but my mod list is massive.

drakonsgear
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by drakonsgear »

I get this error (https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png) when I try to start a game without aai industries
Together with the aai industry, everything starts, but progress in the game is impossible due to a conflict with technology that cannot be studied without the next tier of data (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png)
My mods: aai+angels+bobs+space exploration+qol

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

drakonsgear wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:54 am
I get this error (https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png) when I try to start a game without aai industries
Together with the aai industry, everything starts, but progress in the game is impossible due to a conflict with technology that cannot be studied without the next tier of data (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png)
My mods: aai+angels+bobs+space exploration+qol
Unfortunally its an empty ingredient in the list. To change that part of the script has such a massive impact. We might not be able to properly fix that. Seems more that something is remove/adding ingredients to a recipe that is incorrect. Will have to go through that one. Also we currently dont support AAI/Space exploration. We might in the future but not now.

The not researchable tech is also probably part of that.

joemcguiregaming wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:15 pm
Both Alien Bio Processing 2 and Advanced Steel Smelting 2 are un-researchable, saying that all requisite technologies haven't been unlocked but this is untrue.

I was able to (temporarily) correct the Alien one by using the console, but the name for advanced steel doesn't seem to match the zip file lua name so I was unable to do the same for that.

Unless someone else has the same bug I feel like it'd be a pain in the ass to track down as it's probably a mod conflict somewhere but my mod list is massive.
You might be able to figure out which research is missing when you run the following code on your save:

Code: Select all

/c for _,tech in pairs(game.forces.player.technologies) do tech.visible_when_disabled = true; end
This shows all the disabled techs. The dependencies should show however.
Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:15 pm
Perhaps not a bug but an indicator of something beeing not quite all right:

Research screen shows two equal recipes turning Beans into Nutrient Pulp. Angel's Bio 0.7.7
BeansToNP.jpg
Thank you for the report, will be fixed in the next release.
DJAS7 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:36 am
Recently, your updated salt which occupied the saline water and other salt-related recipes in the py's mod.
https://ibb.co/7bHY6xc
https://ibb.co/tqKnmZR
I hope you can communicate and negotiate with the author of py and then separate the two salts.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyrawores ... 000b438a45
I see those recipes. What is wrong with it, what has to be fixed? Also we currently dont support PY mods (as in we dont take it into account/tests). If somethings broken too bad. If its an easy fix we can perhaps add it. So what do you expect to happen?

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

timboo07up wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:15 pm

You might be able to figure out which research is missing when you run the following code on your save:

/c for _,tech in pairs(game.forces.player.technologies) do tech.visible_when_disabled = true; end

Edit: Ok I think i didn't have a space between for and _since adding a space removed the error, but then nothing happens? Is it meant to print out on the screen all the disabled techs? Does it output nothing if there are none? Which would be boorked since there definitely is....

Now I'm just more confused
Last edited by joemcguiregaming on Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

joemcguiregaming wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:52 am
timboo07up wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Maybe I'm just being stupid, but when I try to run the command I get a '=' expected near 'in' error. I tried to figure it out but i'm unfamiliar with the command line code structure and I could only find the api documentation which doesn't give any examples of the language outside of class objects.
Try this one.

/c for _,tech in pairs(game.forces.player.technologies) do tech.visible_when_disabled = true end
The ; after true is probably the issue in the og code.

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

kingarthur wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:55 am

Try this one.

/c for _,tech in pairs(game.forces.player.technologies) do tech.visible_when_disabled = true end
It runs without an error, but nothing happens. Is it meant to print to screen? Which would suggest there aren't any, which can't be true unless the problem is something else?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

joemcguiregaming wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:04 am
kingarthur wrote:

Try this one.

It runs without an error, but nothing happens. Is it meant to print to screen? Which would suggest there aren't any, which can't be true unless the problem is something else?
all visible_when_disabled does when set to true is make disabled techs appear in the tech tree even though they are disabled. you still have to actually look in the tree to find them it doesnt print them or log anything as it doesnt know which disabled techs are the ones causing the issue.

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

joemcguiregaming wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:04 am
kingarthur wrote:

Try this one.

Sorry for not being explicit enough. Its like king said: you have to go through the tech tree to see which dependencies are still there and are probably disabled.
This is shown as a greyed out tech. We prefer if you could give us a screen shot of it. Since it might be a conflict with another mod, its hard to tell without the info of which mods you use. (also providing a save game with mod-settings.dat from the mods folder is a big help).

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

timboo07up wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:31 am
Sorry for not being explicit enough. Its like king said: you have to go through the tech tree to see which dependencies are still there and are probably disabled.
This is shown as a greyed out tech. We prefer if you could give us a screen shot of it. Since it might be a conflict with another mod, its hard to tell without the info of which mods you use. (also providing a save game with mod-settings.dat from the mods folder is a big help).
Cheers for you and king, the disabled techs have shown up in the tree. Do I need to run a name/localised name command to get the internal names for them so I can then run the command to specifically enable them? As a reminder I was able to directly re-enable Alien Bio Processing 2 from just reading the name of the tech from the mod zip file, but this didn't work with advanced steel processing 2, I tried both smelting-alloy-steel and smelting-override-alloy-steel since I'm not running Industries or any Bobs.

Running through all the disabled techs it looks like only Alien Bio Processing 2, Advanced Steel Smelting 2 and 3 are effected. Here are screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/KXMhQWV. Here's the game save and mod file: (The forum attachment wouldn't work? Said mod-settings.dat is an invalid file name and it wouldn't parse the save file) http://www.filedropper.com/masochismv2 and http://www.filedropper.com/mod-settings

My gut feeling is that it's a conflict between not having Angel Industries and AAI/Space Ex since conflicts with those mods appears to be a running theme in this forum thread.

As an aside I was crunching numbers last night and it works out to be worse to refine ores beyond chunks if you're running 'vanilla' ores. Taking saphirite for example you get 8 iron ore, 4 nugget and 16 pebbles per 24 chunks per 6s. If you move up to crystals you get 12 ore, 3 nugget and 12 pebbles per 24 crystals per 6s. Combined with the nugget/pebble sorting you get 24 iron ore per 24 chunks per 6s or 24 iron ore per 24 crystals per 6s, with chunks and crystals at a 1:1 production ratio. So there's literally no increase in ore output at the expensive of an extra layer of refining, costing energy, space and sulphuric acid. This is repeated across the 4 ores where it gets even wonkier because they don't output perfect ratios of nuggets:pebbles:slag so you end up losing even more iron/copper ore the higher up the refining process you go. A bit disappointing to be honest as this was the whole reason I wanted to add Angels to my gameplay and yet it feels like if you're not running Angel Industries (which you can't with AAI/Space Ex) then you shouldn't bother with angels at all since it seems like all the other Angel mods break to some degree without Industries, which defeats the point of them being stand alone modules. There are so many broken recipes and missing techs it's a minefield sorting through them all the time to find the ones that work.

xutongxin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xutongxin »

Clarifier cant work when deal with the H2,CO2.Clarifier has 1k fluid,but not work
When I deal with CO2 is stop,I dug it and placed it again it works fine,it will stop suddenly too.
But when I deal with H2, no matter what I do,it not work any more.
Base 0.18.18
Angel's mod latest version

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

joemcguiregaming wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:57 am
timboo07up wrote:
Cheers for you and king, the disabled techs have shown up in the tree. Do I need to run a name/localised name command to get the internal names for them so I can then run the command to specifically enable them? As a reminder I was able to directly re-enable Alien Bio Processing 2 from just reading the name of the tech from the mod zip file, but this didn't work with advanced steel processing 2, I tried both smelting-alloy-steel and smelting-override-alloy-steel since I'm not running Industries or any Bobs.

Running through all the disabled techs it looks like only Alien Bio Processing 2, Advanced Steel Smelting 2 and 3 are effected. Here are screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/KXMhQWV. Here's the game save and mod file: (The forum attachment wouldn't work? Said mod-settings.dat is an invalid file name and it wouldn't parse the save file) http://www.filedropper.com/masochismv2 and http://www.filedropper.com/mod-settings

My gut feeling is that it's a conflict between not having Angel Industries and AAI/Space Ex since conflicts with those mods appears to be a running theme in this forum thread.

As an aside I was crunching numbers last night and it works out to be worse to refine ores beyond chunks if you're running 'vanilla' ores. Taking saphirite for example you get 8 iron ore, 4 nugget and 16 pebbles per 24 chunks per 6s. If you move up to crystals you get 12 ore, 3 nugget and 12 pebbles per 24 crystals per 6s. Combined with the nugget/pebble sorting you get 24 iron ore per 24 chunks per 6s or 24 iron ore per 24 crystals per 6s, with chunks and crystals at a 1:1 production ratio. So there's literally no increase in ore output at the expensive of an extra layer of refining, costing energy, space and sulphuric acid. This is repeated across the 4 ores where it gets even wonkier because they don't output perfect ratios of nuggets:pebbles:slag so you end up losing even more iron/copper ore the higher up the refining process you go. A bit disappointing to be honest as this was the whole reason I wanted to add Angels to my gameplay and yet it feels like if you're not running Angel Industries (which you can't with AAI/Space Ex) then you shouldn't bother with angels at all since it seems like all the other Angel mods break to some degree without Industries, which defeats the point of them being stand alone modules. There are so many broken recipes and missing techs it's a minefield sorting through them all the time to find the ones that work.
For showing the internal name open the debug menu (F4) and select "show-debug-info-tooltip". Then when you hover over an item it shows some debug info with the internal name. (for the tech, items and basicly anything).

Will be going through the save to see what/where it breaks. Hopefully its something we can fix, otherwise we'll probably put on the TODO list :(

And about the inbalance for the higher tiers for sorting: Since this is one of the first few releases that actually works with vanilla-like settings. We still have to go through the rebalance of ores for this mode. Ty for figuring this out. Note that before that when angels was started in this mode, you could not even get to the second or third tier. Aka work in progress for this mode.

Will however make this an issue on github so its on our radar.
xutongxin wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:12 pm
Clarifier cant work when deal with the H2,CO2.Clarifier has 1k fluid,but not work
When I deal with CO2 is stop,I dug it and placed it again it works fine,it will stop suddenly too.
Base 0.18.18
This is because CO2 is a gas, these have to flared in a flare stack. (Keep in mind: clarifier works for fluids, flare stack for gasses). The fact that it does accept 1k CO2 is because both are fluids ingame (internal mechanism) and its not that easy to show the "i cannot accept this fluid/gas" message if i recall correctly. Will have to dive into it.

xutongxin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xutongxin »

timboo07up wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:51 am
joemcguiregaming wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:57 am
timboo07up wrote:

For showing the internal name open the debug menu (F4) and select "show-debug-info-tooltip". Then when you hover over an item it shows some debug info with the internal name. (for the tech, items and basicly anything).

Will be going through the save to see what/where it breaks. Hopefully its something we can fix, otherwise we'll probably put on the TODO list :(

And about the inbalance for the higher tiers for sorting: Since this is one of the first few releases that actually works with vanilla-like settings. We still have to go through the rebalance of ores for this mode. Ty for figuring this out. Note that before that when angels was started in this mode, you could not even get to the second or third tier. Aka work in progress for this mode.

xutongxin wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:12 pm
Base 0.18.18
This is because CO2 is a gas, these have to flared in a flare stack. (Keep in mind: clarifier works for fluids, flare stack for gasses). The fact that it does accept 1k CO2 is because both are fluids ingame (internal mechanism) and its not that easy to show the "i cannot accept this fluid/gas" message if i recall correctly. Will have to dive into it.

But sometimes CO2 can be clarified, why?

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

timboo07up wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:51 am

You're awesome.

Ahh ok I didn't realise this was a new development for angel, I can understand then it's still in the ironing out phase. My save should be useful then to look at for a none Bobs/none Angel Industries playthrough. I have a pretty unique playstyle so I apologise in advance that you're going to be stuck on an island that's mined out and I think I disabled creative mod permanently, though maybe you can do console wizardry.

If you like (since we all have time these days) I could go and document all the issues. I can start with a fresh pure angels save (sans industries) and then another with aai/space ex to see the compatibility issues.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Angels refining causes a problem with the mod barrels of steam (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/barrels-of-steam):

This mod adds 3 steam barrel recipes, 15º steam barrel, 165º steam barrel and 500º steam barrel, but when having angels refining, the 165º steam barrel has no recipe. I thought it might have something to do with the auto_barrel propperty, so I added set that to true for steam, but when I do it, even if all three recipes are available, they all require common steam (no matter the temperature), and the recipe always produces 15º steam barrels

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

triktor wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:21 pm
Angels refining causes a problem with the mod barrels of steam (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/barrels-of-steam):

This mod adds 3 steam barrel recipes, 15º steam barrel, 165º steam barrel and 500º steam barrel, but when having angels refining, the 165º steam barrel has no recipe. I thought it might have something to do with the auto_barrel propperty, so I added set that to true for steam, but when I do it, even if all three recipes are available, they all require common steam (no matter the temperature), and the recipe always produces 15º steam barrels
I found a way to keep the 165º steam barrel recipe, but when having the auto barreling setting on, the barreling pump doesnt care about the steam temperature, it just gives 15º steam barrels all the time

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

ive recently picked up Angels again, after someone told me Bio got some love. Specificly he said modules use it

ive tried it with and without Bob´s modules (without it its just vanilla ones) and i cant see anything coming out of alien material thats useful for modules.
its stuck at some crystal which has no use, but iirc it is now a different crystal than a year ago(or just the icon has changed)

Also, i still dont see the point in crop/tree farming, as you need hundrets of farms to get a decent amount of plastic/rubber
I know wood can be converted into methanol and then into plastic the chemical route, but the plants are still useless imho

In both cases, is there something i dont see?

Return to “Angels Mods”