Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by triktor »

Chris4197 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:38 am
Is it intended, that with the full overhaul enabled, mining buildings gives back their parts, rather than the building itself?
the last setting of angels industries enables that. I dont remember the name, but it basically causes that whenever you mine something (not just buildings) you get its materials, instead of the thing you just mined

Akronymus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Akronymus »

triktor wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 am
Chris4197 wrote:
Is it intended, that with the full overhaul enabled, mining buildings gives back their parts, rather than the building itself?
the last setting of angels industries enables that. I dont remember the name, but it basically causes that whenever you mine something (not just buildings) you get its materials, instead of the thing you just mined
Huh. I could've sworn I looked through all settings. I must have overlooked it.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Chris4197 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:21 am
triktor wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 am
Chris4197 wrote:
Huh. I could've sworn I looked through all settings. I must have overlooked it.
There are just four, the one affecting that is the last one

Enable Mineable Result Update

simon2002
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by simon2002 »

Hello, I have a bugreport about the Lithiumperchlorateprocessing: You need salt for the process but the only way to get salt is at the end of that process and the salt from a salinationplant is incompatiple. I did not find any recipe for that salt and neither did FNEI. Please change that.

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

It seems the last update brought back the Crushed ore > Pure ore + Nugget + Pebbles recipes, inexorably messing with my setup in my 121 hours game.
Funnily enough, during the early time of this same game, I had to change my setup as well because an update changed the pure ore/nugget/pebble recipes to copper/iron ore recipes

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necriptos »

Hello, In a bob+angel game looks like there is no way to make bob's salt for lithium processing as Angel refining uses it's own salt, making processing lithium impossible.

Bob's lithium processing recipes:

Angel's salt (one of the recipes):

Can not compute:

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Necriptos wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:44 am
Hello, In a bob+angel game looks like there is no way to make bob's salt for lithium processing as Angel refining uses it's own salt, making processing lithium impossible.

Can not compute:
Does this happen with Bob's enhanced chemical processing turned off? I thought his release notes said that was optional (for now)...

Not that this isn't still a bug, just there may be a workaround for the moment.

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

May I ask mod development team to provide recommendation what is best/allowed setting for following Bob options (no overhaul, no components mode)

Extra Chemistry
Nuclear Power Overhaul
New oil and sulfur overhaul
Oil and sulfur overhaul
Radio Thermoelectric Generator
New steel
Nuclear fuel update
Enable pure water
Cheaper steel

If some options are ignored in A&B play or must to be set to specific value, please let us know .

If some options are independent of Angels code and can be set based on player preference - would be nice to know as well

Wisey
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wisey »

Necriptos wrote:
I raised this on GitHub, they had already fixed the issue and it will be sorted in the next release (possibly this weekend).

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joemcguiregaming »

Hello again,

Understandably it's very difficult to keep recipes/techs consistent across several mods so some will fall through the cracks.

These are the missings/or misunderstandings I've found so far:
  • Ceramic Filters - Alumina does not exist to make them. Luckily it seems that Ceramic filters are just a better version of Coal Filters so I don't think there are follow up recipes I can't use as it seems all have both Coal and Ceramic options.
  • Geode Crystallization tech exists but doesn't have any benefits
  • The 3 refining catalysts (Mineral, Crystal, Hybrid) have no recipe use apart from converting into each other.
  • Advanced Steel Smelting 2 has no effects but it leads into tier 3 so maybe it's only meant to have effects with other mods?
  • The petrochem catalysts (Red, Green, Yellow, Blue) are only made with frames, essentially making them pointless except from making you deal with having an assembler to take in frames and refresh them, is that intended?
  • Is there meant to be more of a difference between Casting and Strand Casting? It looks to me that you only eek out a little extra with tier 2 strand casting (at the cost of coolant). Before then both strand and non-strand produce the same amount of plates for the same amount of molten but one process is one less step and doesn't need water.
  • I can't find any recipes needing the Sintering Oven
  • There are no recipes needing Rubber or Resin.
  • There are no Recipes needing Sodium Cyanide or Calcium Chloride.
Running Refining, Smelting, Petrochem and Bio, not Industries. I'm playing with full AAI/SpaceX with the Angels-SpaceX compatibility mod. Only Bobs is Enemies.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Necriptos wrote:

Can not compute:
This was not really a bug, it's rather bob that did introduce some new cycles. This should be fixed in the new release that is just out now, if there are any more issues with it, feel free to report them.
danyax wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:45 pm
May I ask mod development team to provide recommendation what is best/allowed setting for following Bob options (no overhaul, no components mode)

Extra Chemistry
Nuclear Power Overhaul
Oil and sulfur overhaul
New steel
Nuclear fuel update
Enable pure water
Cheaper steel

If some options are ignored in A&B play or must to be set to specific value, please let us know .

If some options are independent of Angels code and can be set based on player preference - would be nice to know as well
Most of bobs settings are not game changing but making it easier to progress. All settings should work, some would give things that are not that usefull, and since it's a pain to always test all settings, some could be broken, but we'll always fix them if they get reported. So it is entirely up to you.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

danyax wrote:

Extra Chemistry
Nuclear Power Overhaul
Oil and sulfur overhaul
New steel
Nuclear fuel update
Enable pure water
Cheaper steel

Most of bobs settings are not game changing but making it easier to progress. All settings should work, some would give things that are not that usefull, and since it's a pain to always test all settings, some could be broken, but we'll always fix them if they get reported. So it is entirely up to you.
[/quote]

Was is your primary testing configuration for Bobs? All defaults?

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

danyax wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:05 pm
danyax wrote:

Extra Chemistry
Nuclear Power Overhaul
Oil and sulfur overhaul
New steel
Nuclear fuel update
Enable pure water
Cheaper steel

Was is your primary testing configuration for Bobs? All defaults?
[/quote]

Random values. We start testing with defaults basically, and than enable/disable some of them for testing. Remember that testing != game play. Its just so we can see that everything/most works as intended. Not how a "normal" play through should look like.

And like santa said: its all preference. Do what you like, if it doesn't work, file a bug report :P

kyubiii01
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kyubiii01 »

Hello again,
i dont know if this is "bug" is part of AngelIndustries or RobotWorld-Continued but I'm getting the following error at startup.

"Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "angels-relay-station-2" (roboport): logistics_connection_distance[15] cannot be less then logistics_radius[20]"

Mods: angelindustries [0.3.9]
robotworld-continued [0.18.6]

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( :(

and xander mod - some problems .. and 4 mods.
2020-04-12_20-32-48.png
2020-04-12_20-32-48.png (33.35 KiB) Viewed 5097 times

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

For some reason, the new bobrevamp recipes consume/produce hydrogen sulfide instead of carbon dioxide.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

The carbon in that recipe comes from the limestone. Bobs process is quite valid in its original form, (ends up being sulfur neutral). All i did was make the recipe craftable not fully integrated. For now we just want to see if it gets used or needs balance.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

kyubiii01 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:12 pm
Hello again,
i dont know if this is "bug" is part of AngelIndustries or RobotWorld-Continued but I'm getting the following error at startup.

"Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "angels-relay-station-2" (roboport): logistics_connection_distance[15] cannot be less then logistics_radius[20]"

Mods: angelindustries [0.3.9]
robotworld-continued [0.18.6]
seems to be a robotworld issue
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

DJAS7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DJAS7 »

When I update angel's mod,https://ibb.co/pfGD23K.
In the end I found that angelsrefining_0.11.9 and bobrevamp_0.18.1 conflict.

d33zoyle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by d33zoyle »

In a recent update, the fuel value for liquid fuel was reduced from 2.3 MJ to 300 kJ, was this intentional?

Return to “Angels Mods”