Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Coppermine »

DJQuad wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:08 pm
Is there a list of what liquids go with what ores?
The What is it really used for? mod will show you which liquid is required to mine each ore. But it won't show them all together in one list.

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

The problem is the mod doesn't show me. Refer to my screenshots.

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

DJQuad wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:29 pm
Your screenshots only show base-game GUIs. I'm talking about the WIIRUF GUI, which shows e.g. for Uranium:
wiiuf-ore-liquids.png
wiiuf-ore-liquids.png (132.82 KiB) Viewed 5304 times
You can see the sulphuric acid listed towards the left.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

I just saw that the new bob electrolyzer mk5 remains in the assembling machines section even when angels petrochem is present. I've taken a look at the code, and this can be fixed editting the file __angelspetrochem__/prototypes/global-overrides/bobplates.lua, under the line 92, adding this code:

move_item("electrolyser-5", "petrochem-buildings-electrolyser", "aa[bobs-electrolyser]-e")

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

Coppermine wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:46 pm
DJQuad wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:29 pm
Your screenshots only show base-game GUIs. I'm talking about the WIIRUF GUI, which shows e.g. for Uranium:
wiiuf-ore-liquids.png
You can see the sulphuric acid listed towards the left.
What on earth is WIIRUF GUI? lol

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joemcguiregaming »

Hello,

Wanted to try out adding angels to my gameplay but I'm coming across the error of missing rubyte and bobmonium. Mod settings has them as options for starting location spawning, but when starting a new game they are missing from the map generation settings, they do not spawn, I'm getting recipes called 'something went wrong' that have rubyte/bobmonium as ingredients (so the asset are 'there') and I assume I'm missing the Tin/Lead recipes I've seen YT playthroughs have that come from those two ores.

I unchecked all of my mods and just enabled angels (smelting 0.6.4, refining 0.11.8, petro chem 0.9.6, bio 0.7.6, ore silos 0.6.0, pressure tank 0.5.0) but the problem persists. Running on the latest experimental build, which perhaps could be the problem but checking would involve uninstalling and re-installing versions and if it comes to that I'll just skip on angels.

I'm intending to play with full AAI/SpaceX using the compatibility mod by Pengwin, Cargo Ships, no Bob's (except Enemies) and a fairly large list of minors so I can understand if this isn't going to go well, but it be nice if I could have them all.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

Ah, that sounds like you have been hit by the bug of the game not spawning bobmonium and rubyte, yet has the smelting recipes for them...

This somewhat persistent bug has been fixed for the next release and has been slipping through much of the checks because it only shows up when bobs MCI and angels industries overhaul are both off. Please do not panic, the recipes are not actually meant for use.

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joemcguiregaming »

Ah that's fair, persistent bugs are never fun.

I think though that perhaps I'm also today's contributor to the maxim 'You cannot make things idiot proof, only idiot resistant', as when I read in the description for Refining that it gives you the option for vanilla, angels or A+B I assumed this was a setting toggle and was confused when I didn't see it.

So from this I gather that it's not a setting but in-built depending on which mods you install. Since I haven't installed Bob's or A Industries then I don't need Rubyte/Bobmonium and so that's why they aren't generating or showing recipes that need them.

I guess the solution to this would be to slightly edit the mod description to be clearer since eventually another idiot will come along like me :D

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Using angels industries with components,with the setting that returns the ingredients when you mine an item, if you mine the technical archive, you get one item of the previous tier. If you combine this with some productivity modules, you can have several archives.

Considering that, could you add a recipe to craft the first tier of those archives?(since more than one can be obtaines anyways)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

triktor wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:45 pm
Using angels industries with components,with the setting that returns the ingredients when you mine an item, if you mine the technical archive, you get one item of the previous tier. If you combine this with some productivity modules, you can have several archives.

Considering that, could you add a recipe to craft the first tier of those archives?(since more than one can be obtaines anyways)
You should not be able to craft those with productivity modules, did you actually try this?
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

There is no recipe for voiding Polluted fish water. Is this good? The only use of it is to convert to spores then to bacteria. But this conversation require perchloric acid which require blue science, while all other modules staff seem to require just green science.

I went to farming for bacteria, but then discovered above problem with fish water

EDIT: Please disregard, I found that spores could be vented, so way to dispose fish water looks good and logical.
Last edited by danyax on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:59 pm
triktor wrote:

You should not be able to craft those with productivity modules, did you actually try this?
I tried it just now, they can be crafted with productivity

PascalDUFOUR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PascalDUFOUR »

i start a new game and find i still cannot smelt clay brick into molds
the angel mod is the newest
i read the lua file in the mod, and i found in angelssmelting_0.6.4.zip\angelssmelting_0.6.4\prototypes\technology\smelting-stone.lua,
{
type = "technology",
name = "angels-stone-smelting-1",
icon = "__angelssmelting__/graphics/technology/cement-tech.png",
icon_size = 128,
prerequisites =
{
"angels-metallurgy-1",
"water-washing-1",
},
effects =
{
{
type = "unlock-recipe",
recipe = "solid-lime"
},
{
type = "unlock-recipe",
recipe = "angels-clay-brick-raw"
},
{
type = "unlock-recipe",
recipe = "angels-clay-brick"
},
{
type = "unlock-recipe",
recipe = "mold-expendable"
},
},
unit =
{
count = 50,
ingredients = {
{"automation-science-pack", 1},
},
time = 30
},
order = "c-a"
},

so i track the recioe in angelssmelting_0.6.4.zip\angelssmelting_0.6.4\prototypes\recipes\smelting-support.lua
then i find
{
type = "recipe",
name = "mold-expendable",
category = "smelting",
subgroup = "angels-mold-casting",
energy_required = 4,
enabled = "false",
ingredients =
{
{type="item", name="clay-brick", amount=8},
},
results =
{
{type="item", name="mold-expendable", amount=2},
},
icon_size = 32,
order = "a[mold-expendable]",
},

it seems to be the corrected in last update, but i cannot smelt clay brick,
so i check the industry mod and i find this in angelsindustries_0.3.6.zip\angelsindustries_0.3.6\prototypes\recipes\components-mechanical-recipes.lua

local m_e = data.raw.recipe["mold-expendable"]
m_e.category = "sintering"
m_e.ingredients = {
{type = "item", name = "motor-casing-1", amount = 1},
{type = "item", name = "solid-sand", amount = 40}
}
m_e.results = {
{type = "item", name = "mold-expendable", amount = 1},
{type = "item", name = "solid-iron-hydroxide", amount = 3}
}

i dont know if it is the things that banned the recipe about smelting clay brick? if so, what should i do? if not, whats my problem?

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

triktor wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:38 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
triktor wrote:

Do you perhaps have a mod list @triktor? Since i cannot reproduce it on the latest version. Tried it with bobs and without. But no way for me to add prod mods to those building recipes. Or could you give us some info on how you do this so we can actually reproduce this bug

ArCePi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ArCePi »

Hello,

I just updated Factorio and all the mods to the 0.18.x Branch and discovered that every time I mine a building I get back its components instead of the building. It's my first time playing with the construction blocks enabled (they weren't enabled in the 0.17 versión by default?) so I don't know if this is the expected behaviour or something is broken.

For example, if I mine a stone furnace I get 2 'construction block 1'.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

timboo07up wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:23 pm
triktor wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:38 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
triktor wrote:

Do you perhaps have a mod list @triktor? Since i cannot reproduce it on the latest version. Tried it with bobs and without. But no way for me to add prod mods to those building recipes. Or could you give us some info on how you do this so we can actually reproduce this bug
I dont know, I have all bobs, all angels, all madclowns, and some others, the thing is, I craft the tech archive in an assembling machine, with bob's god modules, and it accepts speed and productivity

Anyway, I made a mod that adds a recipe for the first tier of the tech arc, so it doesnt really matter anyway

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

With God modules its possible that you enabled the productivity all option in bobs

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:10 pm
With God modules its possible that you enabled the productivity all option in bobs
Yes, I think I have that option, so, as I said, it doesnt matter that there's no recipe for tier 1

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Another thing, there's a problem with some techs given by some bob mods (specifically bobo logistic and bob personal equipment), some techs require two different datacores, thus they cannot be researched. I have this problem with modular roboport 3 and 4, tool belt 5, or 6, not sure, and the last personal robopot, the mk4 one

Akronymus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Akronymus »

Is it intended, that with the full overhaul enabled, mining buildings gives back their parts, rather than the building itself?

Return to “Angels Mods”