Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

p0m1d0rka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by p0m1d0rka »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:47 pm
Who needs leaves ?!?
:D
lead of course

TheApplemaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheApplemaster »

Hi,

I seem to have invisible ass. machine 2 when I install warehouses standalone? If you need anything from my side, please let me know.

thanks,

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

My ass became invisible once, my girlfriend was very confused ! :lol:
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Three locales in Petrochem are broken. Here is my proposal how to fix them:

Code: Select all

[recipe-name]
dirt-water-separation-2=Dirt Water Electrolysis 2
water-separation-2=Purified Water Electrolysis 2

[item-name]
angels-electrode-used=Used Electrode
And one in Refining

Code: Select all

[tile-name]
clay-bricks=Clay brick path
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Pengwin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pengwin »

We started a game with Angels + Bobs + Space Exploration. We got to space some hours ago just to notice that all recipes for "residual gas" can only be done in Steam Crackers. There is no Space Exploration Building to do the production and thus preventing us from production of Lubricant in space. The Biochemical Laboratory(Space Exploration) should be able to do this -OR- Steam crackers need to be allowed in space. Anyone else found a fix for this?

Pengwin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pengwin »

I came up with a compatibility/bridge mod to solve it. You can find it here, if you are playing a similar mod setup:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/space-exp ... bridge-mod

brainiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by brainiac »

valneq wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:45 pm
I am pretty sure I had found some temperate gardens in 0.17 on some map. Not on the first two AngelBob maps I have played, though. Maybe the third or the fourth. Felt like I had to restart several times because of bad planning.

So, I also have the impression they are very hard to find. And I had to explore large areas on the map to find them in the first place. It might be related to the general scarcity of temperate climate, and may highly depend on your starting position. I don't mean the starting area size, but literally the biome type that you start in: sand or red desert, humid areas, or the thin line in between that might be considered temperate. The most common that I was able to find (across several maps) was the desert garden and the desert tree. But my sample size is fairly small, so … I don't know whether this is a fair assesment.

In addition, Alien Biomes may be changing the frequency even more. However, I am not sure exactly how the two interact.
I was wondering if a solution has been found. I have finished the game several times with Angels Bio processing - but in 0.17 I have explored huge area's, far beyond what I ever did - using flying fortress & teleporters, just for this purpose - and I do find temperate climate, with temperate trees, albeit rare, but never found a temperate garden - it does look like a bug or infinitely low probability - since I found everything else in any desired quantity

ReasonX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReasonX »

Why crafting plates and etc from coils manualy is restricted? Its kind weird and annoying, i always need to make factory and power for this.

Requesting to allow this, because there is no chalenge or something.

automator2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bugs

Post by automator2 »

Remnant from fluid changes?

it should not be 10 instead of 1 ?
Attachments
InkedKnipsel_LI.jpg
InkedKnipsel_LI.jpg (167.78 KiB) Viewed 6211 times

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs

Post by ukezi »

automator2 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:29 pm
Remnant from fluid changes?

it should not be 10 instead of 1 ?
Nope, that is base game. If that is an error this is the wrong place to report it.

zerodestiny
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zerodestiny »

Bug Report
In the crafting menu, when hovering over some recipes (but not all) there is a severe FPS drop that lasts until
the user is no longer hovering over that recipe.

I cannot reproduce in base game and each of the respective mods are fine on their own. However when
put together I can reproduce this error. This is the smallest reproducible build I could find with bob/angels
showing the fps drop.

Example Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6t2ptg2k1387 ... g.mp4?dl=0
Note: video was taken in a freshly generated sandbox scenario world (default settings used)

PC Specs
Windows 10 x64 Pro
AMD FX-8350 /w 16 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 super
1TB WD Blue SSD

Mod Versions
Factorio Version: 0.17.79(build 47865, win64, steam)
Angel's Petro Chemical Processing v0.8.6
Angel's Refining v0.10.14
Bob's Functions Library v0.17.5
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates v0.14.13

This report was also filed in Bobs Mods here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobplates ... 000b4862d4

misakachiyuki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by misakachiyuki »

I find it is difficult to find any garden when I install Angel mods and Space Exploration at same time.
Maybe the alien biomes cause this? Or just because I do not have a good luck.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

zerodestiny wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:28 am
Bug Report
In the crafting menu, when hovering over some recipes (but not all) there is a severe FPS drop that lasts until
the user is no longer hovering over that recipe.

I cannot reproduce in base game and each of the respective mods are fine on their own. However when
put together I can reproduce this error. This is the smallest reproducible build I could find with bob/angels
showing the fps drop.

Example Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6t2ptg2k1387 ... g.mp4?dl=0
Note: video was taken in a freshly generated sandbox scenario world (default settings used)

PC Specs
Windows 10 x64 Pro
AMD FX-8350 /w 16 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 super
1TB WD Blue SSD

Mod Versions
Factorio Version: 0.17.79(build 47865, win64, steam)
Angel's Petro Chemical Processing v0.8.6
Angel's Refining v0.10.14
Bob's Functions Library v0.17.5
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates v0.14.13

This report was also filed in Bobs Mods here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobplates ... 000b4862d4
Could this be the code showing what items are present, craftable or unavailable trying to update to what you have in your inventory?

Bazus1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bazus1 »

I'm doing the Bob's / Angel's Reddit Community map for January and February. With the state of the mods when I began on January 01 2020, I became a *huge* fan of the smelting path that Angel's bring to the discussion, especially in regard to silicon and solder creation.

When 18.x was released, I spent some time away from the mod map playing vanilla to see what was new. I recently returned to Bob's/Angel's to get elbow-deep in complexity. I was able to update mods for Bob's et al. from the Factorio mod list, but with Angel's, it took some determination, eventually, leading me to not only the github repository but the 0.18-updates branch in order to get a build that compiled. I was impressed with some of the changes to the refining, but...

Unfortunately, the current build (as of 2/1/2020) doesn't match up / override the Bob's formula for:
- tin plates
- lead plates
- solder
- Silicon wafers

I can still create those things, but only through the Bob's path.

I can't find any use for Angel's mono silicon in the trees now.

Can these be fixed? Am I using the wrong Bob's files? Is there a better repository for up-to-date Bob's files that the Angel's team uses so I can run off of that?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Bazus1 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:50 am
I'm doing the Bob's / Angel's Reddit Community map for January and February. With the state of the mods when I began on January 01 2020, I became a *huge* fan of the smelting path that Angel's bring to the discussion, especially in regard to silicon and solder creation.

When 18.x was released, I spent some time away from the mod map playing vanilla to see what was new. I recently returned to Bob's/Angel's to get elbow-deep in complexity. I was able to update mods for Bob's et al. from the Factorio mod list, but with Angel's, it took some determination, eventually, leading me to not only the github repository but the 0.18-updates branch in order to get a build that compiled. I was impressed with some of the changes to the refining, but...

Unfortunately, the current build (as of 2/1/2020) doesn't match up / override the Bob's formula for:
- tin plates
- lead plates
- solder
- Silicon wafers

Can these be fixed? Am I using the wrong Bob's files? Is there a better repository for up-to-date Bob's files that the Angel's team uses so I can run off of that?
Since you got the files from github why not open an issue there?

Bazus1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bazus1 »

I could do that as well. Is this not the right forum to talk about Angel's mods?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Bazus1 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 am
I could do that as well. Is this not the right forum to talk about Angel's mods?
You can talk. But there are many reasons why projects have issue trackers for bugs instead of forums. The right tool for the right job.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

DTSephiroth wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:44 pm
Logistic Ore Silo (storage) doesn't have a filter slot.
Fixed for the initial 0.18 release
ickputzdirwech wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:57 pm
Three locales in Petrochem are broken. Here is my proposal how to fix them:
And one in Refining
They're all fixed for the initial 0.18 release
brainiac wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:16 am
valneq wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:45 pm
I am pretty sure I had found some temperate gardens in 0.17 on some map. Not on the first two AngelBob maps I have played, though. Maybe the third or the fourth. Felt like I had to restart several times because of bad planning.

So, I also have the impression they are very hard to find. And I had to explore large areas on the map to find them in the first place. It might be related to the general scarcity of temperate climate, and may highly depend on your starting position. I don't mean the starting area size, but literally the biome type that you start in: sand or red desert, humid areas, or the thin line in between that might be considered temperate. The most common that I was able to find (across several maps) was the desert garden and the desert tree. But my sample size is fairly small, so … I don't know whether this is a fair assesment.

In addition, Alien Biomes may be changing the frequency even more. However, I am not sure exactly how the two interact.
I was wondering if a solution has been found. I have finished the game several times with Angels Bio processing - but in 0.17 I have explored huge area's, far beyond what I ever did - using flying fortress & teleporters, just for this purpose - and I do find temperate climate, with temperate trees, albeit rare, but never found a temperate garden - it does look like a bug or infinitely low probability - since I found everything else in any desired quantity
This is also an issue when playing seablock (only sand islands, resulting in only desert gardens). In the 0.17 version, there is already a recipe to multiply gardens (to gain more of the same type). In 0.18 there is a recipe to genetically modify the gardens to obtain (with a low probability) another type of garden. This happens in the order desert -> temperate; temperate -> swamp; swamp -> desert. In other words, if you find 1 type of garden, you'll be able to obtain all types of gardens. In addition there is also a chance that this gives a tree, just in case you didn't find any trees either, resulting in being able to obtain all types of trees as well.
ReasonX wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 pm
Why crafting plates and etc from coils manualy is restricted? Its kind weird and annoying, i always need to make factory and power for this.

Requesting to allow this, because there is no chalenge or something.
The only reason coils are there is to increase the transport capacity of robots and localy convert them to plates. Other than that, there is no productivity benefit to them. They're not allowed to be manually converted into plates because this would increase the inventory size capacity too much (as you would carry coils with you instead of plates).
Bazus1 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:50 am
- tin plates
- lead plates
- solder
- Silicon wafers

I got the full bob angels package up in front of me, and tin and lead plates can be crushed from the crushed mined ore, the tin/lead ore and the molten fluids. Solder can be made from molten solder and silicon wafers from mono silicon. So it is working in the current build (2/7/2020). Just be patient till the release, or update the refining and/or smelting from the github branch.
mrvn wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:25 am
Bazus1 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 am
You can talk. But there are many reasons why projects have issue trackers for bugs instead of forums. The right tool for the right job.
I just want to note that we do look here. Posting it here might result in someone else pointing you to something you overlooked and let you continue your playthrough. Github is accepted as well, but most people report it here on the forums. Either way is fine.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Anyone looked at the extreme differences of the yields of multiphase oil compared to natural gas/thermal water?
I think it started at .17 or somewhere there, i made post last year about it.
Oil field yields are comparable to vanilla but thermal water and natural gas are like 100x higher yields, for water i kinda understand it but why gas and oil are so different.

WizardNekross
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WizardNekross »

Hey everyone! Im so glad to see you working hard on 0.18 angels adaptation, even if its saturday :) ! Good luck with it!!!
So, can i post here few screens with errors?

#1 petrochemical When i trying to turn off checkbox Chemical Plants! in Bob assembling machines i see error:
chemi_2.jpg
chemi_2.jpg (75.39 KiB) Viewed 5191 times
#2 ClownsProcessing Can't just turn it On in Mods section:
Clowns_2.jpg
Clowns_2.jpg (34 KiB) Viewed 5191 times
#3 PCPRedux Same reaction as clowns one:
PCPRedux_2.jpg
PCPRedux_2.jpg (33.78 KiB) Viewed 5191 times
I am on the outside, im looking in...

Return to “Angels Mods”