Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by AmatorPhasma »

After update to 0.17.43 (which now handels barreling of fluids with Icon_size > 32 and property icons)

Your barrel function will cause a startup error because your function does not take the property icons into account.

I know you are on holidays so, have a nice time and don't let your stress by stupid mod-bugs!
Attachments
bug_angel.PNG
bug_angel.PNG (21.41 KiB) Viewed 6547 times

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Are the large hitboxes on buildings intentional? It's impossible to walk between most Angel's buildings and parallel pipes, even, or between the buildings and water.

infantryman4life
Inserter
Inserter

Post by infantryman4life »

i was looking in the FNEI mod and to see what use of the fuelrod mk01 is and i seen this with atleast 26 items for that item. i dont know if its your mod or FNEI.
Attachments
angels something went wrong.png
angels something went wrong.png (172.28 KiB) Viewed 6483 times

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Ferrous and cupric powder sorting give 6 ores out for every 4 powder put in, letting you get 50% more ore from the powder. Notably, higher tiers of ferrous/cupric ore processing do not offer this same benefit, leading me to suspect that it's a bug. Is it?

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

alercah wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:49 am
Ferrous and cupric powder sorting give 6 ores out for every 4 powder put in, letting you get 50% more ore from the powder. Notably, higher tiers of ferrous/cupric ore processing do not offer this same benefit, leading me to suspect that it's a bug. Is it?
I believe you are correct. That is why I have reported this myself as a bug two weeks ago in this post.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

infantryman4life wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:23 am
i was looking in the FNEI mod and to see what use of the fuelrod mk01 is and i seen this with atleast 26 items for that item. i dont know if its your mod or FNEI.
It’s not angels nor fnei, it’s py, that causes this sort of issues

infantryman4life
Inserter
Inserter

mexmer wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 12:08 pm
infantryman4life wrote:
how do i fix it?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

infantryman4life wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:17 pm
mexmer wrote:
infantryman4life wrote:
how do i fix it?
Delete those recipes basically

infantryman4life
Inserter
Inserter

kingarthur wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 3:02 pm
infantryman4life wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:17 pm
mexmer wrote:
infantryman4life wrote:
how do i fix it?
Delete those recipes basically
will do

Saevon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Saevon »

Angel's Refining adds barrelling, yet "Bottle Gas Processing", and fill/empty for "Gas Bottles" of Deuterium and Hydrogen Sulfide still seems to exist?
(and Since they need an "air-pump" I'm not sure they're usable at all

From what I understand those should be auto folded into the "Fluid Handling" research and should work with a barreling pump?

(Hydrogen sulfide can be barrelled btw, but we still have this extra recipe?)

Edit: forgot to mention this is about bobmods compatibility (since bobs add these barrels)

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

I'm pretty sure that with bob&angels Deuterium can't be produced. Is it on purpose?
It seems to take hydrogen sulfide to make, but not angel version. Am I missing something ?

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Ethylbenzene's catalytic syntehsis recipe doesn't actually require a catalyst.

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nljr »

tehfreek wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:23 pm
Just a quick one:

For Fermentation Process, the recipes show acetic acid as the result of anaerobic fermentation and ethanol as the result of aerobic fermentation, when it should probably be the reverse ("Because yeasts perform this conversion in the absence of oxygen, alcoholic fermentation is considered an anaerobic process.", "The conversion of ethanol (CH3CH2OH) and oxygen (O2) to acetic acid (CH3COOH) takes place by the following reaction...").
Nice. This is now broken. They both produce acetic acid....

er. No... the labels are just reversed. I think.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

Saevon wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:39 am
Angel's Refining adds barrelling, yet "Bottle Gas Processing", and fill/empty for "Gas Bottles" of Deuterium and Hydrogen Sulfide still seems to exist?
(and Since they need an "air-pump" I'm not sure they're usable at all

From what I understand those should be auto folded into the "Fluid Handling" research and should work with a barreling pump?

(Hydrogen sulfide can be barrelled btw, but we still have this extra recipe?)

Edit: forgot to mention this is about bobmods compatibility (since bobs add these barrels)
koopa wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:54 pm
I'm pretty sure that with bob&angels Deuterium can't be produced. Is it on purpose?
It seems to take hydrogen sulfide to make, but not angel version. Am I missing something ?
Both Deuterium and the Bob's version of Hydrogen Sulfide are too new for Angel's to have any code to handle them (and also Thorium). You'll need to wait for an update to address them.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Another note: some of the recipes that use catalysts are not called "Catalytic". For consistency, probably either all catalytic recipes (or at least all the ones that say "Synthesis") should have "Catalytic", or else only the ones where there's multiple ways to synthesize them (formaldehyde is an example of one with only one recipe that is "Catalytic").

And to pick the tiniest nit, names of things generally should not use titlecase, to be consistent with the base game. e.g. "Rybte Ore" but "Iron ore".

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or FNEI is just failing me in finding the correct recipe chain... Rubyte Chunks give me Nitric Waste Water, and Rubyte Crystals require Nitric Acid. However, I can't find the path from the waste water to the acid. The only things I can do (According to FNEI) with the waste water are barrel it, void it, or purify it into Mineralized water in a Hydro plant. But I can't figure out how to go from mineralized water to Nitric Acid. Is this a recipe bug, or am I just not seeing it?

Proculis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Proculis »

As far as I know, there is currently no other use for nitric waste apart from treatment to purified and mineralized water. You'll have to synthesize nitric acid by conventional means (chemistry).

If you feel comfortable with modding, you could add a receipe by yourself. Angel even left some spare icons you could use. I did that where I felt some alternative routes could be interesting.

aelishir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aelishir »

Hi, i've a little probleme, and i don't no how resolve this.

i've seen you've got a patch for fix it but i don't know how install it...

sorry for my bad english.

thx a lot for your fabulous job!

nice day
Attachments
bug angel refining.PNG
bug angel refining.PNG (80.8 KiB) Viewed 6035 times

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

aelishir wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:43 am
Hi, i've a little probleme, and i don't no how resolve this.

i've seen you've got a patch for fix it but i don't know how install it...

sorry for my bad english.

thx a lot for your fabulous job!

nice day
shhht.... look the first post at this page ;)

If you are able you can implement my changes from my patch (linkt above), or you can go back to factorio version: 0.17.42 there it should work and wait until angel hopefully can fix this after his hollydays.

Return to “Angels Mods”