Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Frenzier
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Frenzier »

foooey wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 pm
The_New_Paradigm wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:52 pm
The new yield values seems to have made my save completely unplayable... please revert.
Something with the yield changes has completely wrecked my save file too. I just spent a couple hours trying to figure out what I broke, but it looks like it's this update
You need to wait for orzelek's update to RSO.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

New yields are kind of not as intended. That would also explain why you were seeing very big percentages.. and why rSO generates tiny ones.

Those are taken directly from prototypes in runtime (and I think match what I see in code):

Code: Select all

89.815 Script @__rso-mod__/control.lua:1202: Infinite ore parameters for coal infinite true minimum 20 normal 50000
  89.816 Script @__rso-mod__/control.lua:1202: Infinite ore parameters for angels-ore1 infinite true minimum 20 normal 50000
  89.816 Script @__rso-mod__/control.lua:1202: Infinite ore parameters for angels-ore2 infinite true minimum 20 normal 50000
  89.816 Script @__rso-mod__/control.lua:1202: Infinite ore parameters for angels-ore3 infinite true minimum 20 normal 50000
  89.816 Script @__rso-mod__/control.lua:1202: Infinite ore parameters for angels-ore4 infinite true minimum 20 normal 50000
  89.816 Script @__rso-mod__/control.lua:1202: Infinite ore parameters for angels-ore5 infinite true minimum 20 normal 50000
  89.816 Script @__rso-mod__/control.lua:1202: Infinite ore parameters for angels-ore6 infinite true minimum 20 normal 50000
This basically means that to get 100% resource I need to make it 50000 in amount and that it will degrade until it hits 0.04%.

Is this what you actually intended?
(I'm thinking minimum should be 50000 * settingValue / 100)

I'll try to teach RSO to try and scale resource amount using prototype data but that minimum here is a bit extreme.

foooey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foooey »

Frenzier wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 pm
foooey wrote:
The_New_Paradigm wrote:
The new yield values seems to have made my save completely unplayable... please revert.
Something with the yield changes has completely wrecked my save file too. I just spent a couple hours trying to figure out what I broke, but it looks like it's this update
I'm not using RSO or any other Angel's or Bob's mods. The only mod I have that does anything to ore is Angel's Infinite Ore.

I reverted to 0.7.4 and my yields are back where they were instead of 0-2%

Millillion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Millillion »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:31 pm
Another push to the portal, caught some more quirks and bugs, thank you for your patience everyone.
Millillion wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm
AIO should be the only thing I have that messes with ores and I now also require sulfuric acid to mine anything. Is this intentional?
The mod has an option to turn off the fluid requirement.
Oh right, thank you. I forgot about those mod options in startup. It might be worth looking into why the setting was changed when I updated though.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

foooey wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:35 pm
Frenzier wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 pm
foooey wrote:
The_New_Paradigm wrote:
I'm not using RSO or any other Angel's or Bob's mods. The only mod I have that does anything to ore is Angel's Infinite Ore.

I reverted to 0.7.4 and my yields are back where they were instead of 0-2%
Just FYI for all:
I've posted some changes to Angel that should allow getting infinite ores back to what they were and still work with new generation. If he likes the fix and integrates it all should be back to old values on infinite ores.

For those using RSO I'll wait for Angel's decision and if he wants to keep current ore values I'll fix up RSO to multiply infinite values appropriately.

Kargaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kargaros »

Kargaros wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:15 pm
That said, I did come across two mining related bugs in the newest versions of "Infinite Ores", "Refining" and "Petrochem".
1) As the post above me mentions, there seems to be something wrong with the integration of infinite ores with RSO enabled. All the infinite ores have yields 2%-3% instead of their usual 120% or higher.
Loading an old save into the new version also updates the yields to be 2%-3% for every infinite ore. If you save the loaded game in the new version and then downgrade the "Inf. Ore", "Refining" and "Petrochem" mods, you can load the new save in the old versions and completely recover the old 120%-150% yields.
Disabling RSO and generating a fresh game gives normal yields, but a fresh game with RSO has the 2%-3% yields.

2) The Infinite Ores seem to not recognize the existence of Petrochem fluids properly in the new version. All the infinite ores (even infinite coal) now require sulfuric acid (instead of their specific Petrochem acids), and this is the non-Petrochem sulfuric acid -- so you need to add in a converter valve before your miners to get them running.
Let me specify for the record, though I suspect Angel and orzelek already know, I've confirmed that it is just the Inf.Ores mod that is the culprit for both 1) the ore yields and 2) the petrochem acids for mining.
I can play with the newest versions of Refining and Petrochem, but the old Inf.Ores 0.7.4, and everything is in order both for yields and mining acids.

Let me add a 3) which I suspect is a thing for orzelek and RSO.
3) In the newest versions of Inf.Ores and RSO, the infinite ores are listed on the map generation screen instead of being hidden. RSO still integrates infinite ores into the normal patches, but I am unsure whether this means they show up independently as well. Again, reverting Inf.Ores to 0.7.4 solves the problem.

Thank you, both of you, for all your work :)

Frenzier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frenzier »

Reverting Angels´s Infinite Ores to 0.7.4 only solves the problem partially for me, before, infinite ore patches retained a fixed yield, and thats what i get back by reverting, however, the surrounding ore patch that represents about 70% of the field would still produce a small yield, but after reverting it stays at 0%, using default settings it becomes impractical and i dont know how to change the field of an already ongoing save.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

nagapito wrote:
What happened to silicon plates?!

Now, Momo's Tweaks fails to load :(
An unused recipe was commented out; if Momo's Tweaks was relying on it, it should redefine that recipe itself.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

MageKing17 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:41 pm
nagapito wrote:
What happened to silicon plates?!

Now, Momo's Tweaks fails to load :(
An unused recipe was commented out; if Momo's Tweaks was relying on it, it should redefine that recipe itself.
Yeah... he already fixed it

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by <NO_NAME> »

Hi! It looks like the new version hasn't set path to HR textures of particles. Here's some context. I guess it wasn't intended because before the update there weren't any HR textures missing.
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

I'm getting ridiculous gas well and fissure percentages. I do max them out, but I also max out oil and in my starting area my oil is 3 wells, totaling 2886%, but my gas well is 2 nodes, totaling 299659%. The fissures are also about 100X the oil percentages. I'm using RSO as well.

Mortbise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mortbise »

Hello,

After today's patches (of factorio and of mods), I've been running into a load error :

I've had a look at Bob's ores' archive, and the file is indeed missing inside, so here I am looking for a possible fix to that.

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlueMarkers »

arbarbonif wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:05 am
I'm getting ridiculous gas well and fissure percentages. I do max them out, but I also max out oil and in my starting area my oil is 3 wells, totaling 2886%, but my gas well is 2 nodes, totaling 299659%. The fissures are also about 100X the oil percentages. I'm using RSO as well.
I'm also getting the massive percentages on fissures and gas wells (oil looks fine).

I'm also not having any luck getting a miner to actually mine the infinite ore. On a pure infinite ore spot, with the necessary acid (which is now all sulfuric?), I'm getting no output. I've tried using MK1 through MK3, regular and large area mining drills, without any luck.

Kargaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kargaros »

BlueMarkers wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:57 am
I'm also not having any luck getting a miner to actually mine the infinite ore. On a pure infinite ore spot, with the necessary acid (which is now all sulfuric?), I'm getting no output. I've tried using MK1 through MK3, regular and large area mining drills, without any luck.
As I mentioned in my post on the previous page, it seems Inf.Ores is not currently integrating properly with Petrochem (though I admittedly haven't had time to try the new version from last night yet). Try adding a converter valve to transform the Petrochem sulfuric acid into the basegame sulfuric acid -- that made the miners run for me.

jooe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jooe »

Apparently for whatever reason in a running (0.17) game, the required fluid for the infinite ores does not get set correctly.
I have petrochem and acids for mining enabled, though the required fluid is (basegame) sulfuric-acid on all infinite patches (including coal), while it should actually be (angel's petrochem) sulfuric for some of the ores and hydrofluoric/nitric/chloric for others.

//edit: I'm sorry, just realised Kargaros had already posted the same issue before ...

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlueMarkers »

Kargaros wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:57 am
BlueMarkers wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:57 am
As I mentioned in my post on the previous page, it seems Inf.Ores is not currently integrating properly with Petrochem (though I admittedly haven't had time to try the new version from last night yet). Try adding a converter valve to transform the Petrochem sulfuric acid into the basegame sulfuric acid -- that made the miners run for me.
That definitely was it. Converter valve got the miners working properly.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

So as you all know factorio got a new system to generate the resource (as it does every major version...least it feels like that). So everything broke or at least wasn't working the way it should be. This required that I rewrote the whole resource system, on that go I went a little further and wrote some more functions to handle these. But apparently the resource definitions and noise functions the base game provides are not very mod friendly and are also not very friendly to being adjusted from outside e.g. by mods. So the only solution currently is to include them to the mod and to expose certain values to make it adjust to a changing number of resources on the map, which it can't out of the box. This is not only my issue but every other modder who is adding ores to the game. That's also why you have to have some patience with me until I have ironed out the biggest bumps in the resource generator.

New versions should fix the acid issue, Petrochem acid should now be added to the infinite ores as they have before, this will work even on saved games.

The richness issue is another thing that I adressed although changing the resource definition will probably not bring back fields already affected in your saves. But all resource which are freshly generated should be fine.

Kargaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kargaros »

I hope my posts didn't seem impatient. I thought I would post on the off chance you hadn't noticed the mining fluids, and even more to point out to others that they could play with the old Inf.Ores version while waiting, but update the rest. Speaking of, let me get back to having fun with the newest updates. I see that infinite coal now requires water - nice touch :)

Let me repeat how much I enjoy your work. Though I am still a newbie at yours and the Bob mods, as a mathematician I very much enjoy the puzzle of figuring out how to set up everything :D

Good luck with what bugs might remain, and with whatever the Factorio developers decide to throw at you next :?

jooe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jooe »

Thank you @Angel for the quick fix! :)
Your mod collection makes the game a 1000 times more interesting :)

Mortbise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mortbise »

That icon trouble I mentioned yesterday is fixed as well, thanks much.

Return to “Angels Mods”