Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by nagapito »

Latest version of angels refining, 0.10.5

Code: Select all

23.302 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Path __angelsinfiniteores__/graphics/entity/ores-particle/ore-particle-1.png does not match any enabled mod.: __angelsinfiniteores__/graphics/entity/ores-particle/ore-particle-1.png

Proemteus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Proemteus »

nagapito wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:47 pm

23.302 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Path __angelsinfiniteores__/graphics/entity/ores-particle/ore-particle-1.png does not match any enabled mod.: __angelsinfiniteores__/graphics/entity/ores-particle/ore-particle-1.png
Same problem here

EDIT: just got a problem with petrochem with the 10.4 version of angels refining (or maybe its a problem of petrocehm itself)

Error ModManager.cpp:1294: Failed to load mod "angelspetrochem": __angelspetrochem__/data.lua:19: ...petrochem__/prototypes/generation/angels-natural-gas.lua:1: attempt to call field 'add_resource' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...petrochem__/prototypes/generation/angels-natural-gas.lua:1: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'require'
	__angelspetrochem__/data.lua:19: in main chunk
stack traceback:

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

As is being discussed in Development and Discussion thread, it appears that nothing works without Angels' Infinite Ores. If don't want the infinite ores, you can enable it and then use ChangeMapSettings to turn off the infinite ores.

silvernova115
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by silvernova115 »

Proemteus wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:02 pm
nagapito wrote:

Same problem here

EDIT: just got a problem with petrochem with the 10.4 version of angels refining (or maybe its a problem of petrocehm itself)

Error ModManager.cpp:1294: Failed to load mod "angelspetrochem": __angelspetrochem__/data.lua:19: ...petrochem__/prototypes/generation/angels-natural-gas.lua:1: attempt to call field 'add_resource' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...petrochem__/prototypes/generation/angels-natural-gas.lua:1: in main chunk
stack traceback:
having the exact same error

Razunter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Razunter »

New infinite ores update broke bob's compatibility:
67.519 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: File not found: __bobores__/graphics/icons/sulfur.png

Mods to be disabled:
• angelsinfiniteores

jevon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jevon »

If you use the latest Angels Petro Chem without Angels Infinite you get a similar error:
Failed to load mods: __angelspetrochem__/data.lua:19: ...petrochem__/prototypes/generation/angels-natural-gas.lua:1: attempt to call field 'add_resource' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
* angelspetrochem
In the meantime, you can revert the two mods (petrochem & refining) by downloading the older versions manually (petrochem, refining)

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

nagapito wrote:

If you want to temporarialy fix it, its very easy.
Just unzip the file to you mods folder (and delete the zip after).
Then, inside the file angelsrefining_0.10.5\prototypes\generation\resource-builder.lua, replace all __angelsinfiniteores__ by __angelsrefining__ and that is all.

Probably Angel did some copy/pasting, forgot to replace these entries and didnt noticed since both mods were present.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:32 pm
mrvn wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:15 pm
angelsrefining always gives a desync on join in multiplayer:

0.080 Running in headless mode                                                                                                                                                  
0.086 Loading mod settings angelsrefining 0.10.4 (settings.lua)                                                                                                                 
0.089 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)                                                                                                                                         
0.150 Loading mod base 0.17.17 (data.lua)                                                                                                                                       
0.342 Loading mod angelsrefining 0.10.4 (data.lua)                                                                                                                              
0.443 Loading mod base 0.17.17 (data-updates.lua)                                                                                                                               
0.527 Loading mod angelsrefining 0.10.4 (data-updates.lua)                                                                                                                      
0.619 Loading mod angelsrefining 0.10.4 (data-final-fixes.lua)                                                                                                                  
0.705 Checksum for core: 2126933501                                                                                                                                             
0.705 Checksum of base: 1967292039                                                                                                                                              
0.705 Checksum of angelsrefining: 208119421                                                                                                                                  
angelsrefining is the only mod installed.
Mod mismatch or desync? For a desync there needs to be a save related value that is set differently for both the server and the client. Since there is nothing running script wise in refining this might be more of a base game bug that's apparent with the mod or the some value overflowing with the modded items. But thanks for the report I keep an eye out for that.
Checksums for all mods match. I've also create a fresh game on the client, saved it and started the server fresh with that savegame. But I didn't sync the settings.dat. Maybe there is something the server doesn't sync to the client in there. I will try again tonight. But I agree with you. Since it works fine in 0.17.16 and always fails in 0.17.17 I looks like a base game problem.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

nagapito wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:08 am
nagapito wrote:

If you want to temporarialy fix it, its very easy.
Just unzip the file to you mods folder (and delete the zip after).
Then, inside the file angelsrefining_0.10.5\prototypes\generation\resource-builder.lua, replace all __angelsinfiniteores__ by __angelsrefining__ and that is all.

Probably Angel did some copy/pasting, forgot to replace these entries and didnt noticed since both mods were present.
Exactly! Should hire you as my personal fail detective :)
mrvn wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:23 am
Arch666Angel wrote:
mrvn wrote:

Mod mismatch or desync? For a desync there needs to be a save related value that is set differently for both the server and the client. Since there is nothing running script wise in refining this might be more of a base game bug that's apparent with the mod or the some value overflowing with the modded items. But thanks for the report I keep an eye out for that.
Checksums for all mods match. I've also create a fresh game on the client, saved it and started the server fresh with that savegame. But I didn't sync the settings.dat. Maybe there is something the server doesn't sync to the client in there. I will try again tonight. But I agree with you. Since it works fine in 0.17.16 and always fails in 0.17.17 I looks like a base game problem.
Did you happen to upgrade refining on the server? Specially the version which has the new resource system? That would be my only clue currently that there is something not right in there, specially since this is the only major change I did.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:53 pm
mrvn wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:23 am
Arch666Angel wrote:
mrvn wrote:

Did you happen to upgrade refining on the server? Specially the version which has the new resource system? That would be my only clue currently that there is something not right in there, specially since this is the only major change I did.
I updated refining from 0.16 to latest on my client but then used rsync to copy all the mods to the server. But would that affect a new game?

teckno99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by teckno99 »

just chiming in with the same problemImage
with the mindset of support for factorio and angel
Attachments
error 1.PNG
error 1.PNG (15.98 KiB) Viewed 5930 times

AngryCheese
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AngryCheese »

Hi,
Versions 0.10.5 of Angel's Refining and 0.8.2 of Angel's Petro Chemical Processing have made my game crash on loading.
For the one it was missing graphics from Infinite Ores and the other it was the following.

Thanks.

N~
Attachments
err.png
err.png (19.42 KiB) Viewed 5844 times

Frenzier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frenzier »

Just updated Angel's Infinite Ores to 0.8.0, now all mines have a yield between 0-2%, and pratically no ore comes out at all.

Kargaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kargaros »

Chiming in with my own experience with the new updates, and first off let me express how impressed I am with all your hard work!

Since other people seem to have problems launching the game, let me note that my extensive modpack below loads without any complaints in the newest version of each mod:

alien-biomes
angelsaddons-oresilos
angelsaddons-pressuretanks
angelsaddons-warehouses
angelsbioprocessing
angelsinfiniteores
angelspetrochem
angelsrefining
angelssmelting
bobassembly
bobclasses
bobelectronics
bobenemies
bobinserters
boblibrary
boblogistics
bobmining
bobmodules
bobores
bobplates
bobpower
bobrevamp
bobtech
bobvehicleequipment
bobwarfare
Clowns-AngelBob-Nuclear
Clowns-Extended-Minerals
Clowns-Nuclear
Clowns-Processing
Explosive Excavation
FNEI
freenetworkwiring
helmod
LightedPolesPlus
LogisticTrainNetwork
LTN_Content_Reader
LTN_Tracker
MIRV
multi-product-recipe-details
Nanobots
OpteraLib
Orphan Finder
ResourceLabelsContinued
rso-mod
ScienceCostTweakerM
ShinyAngelGFX
ShinyBobGFX
ShinyIcons
SpaceMod
stdlib
WaterWell
That said, I did come across two mining related bugs in the newest versions of "Infinite Ores", "Refining" and "Petrochem".
1) As the post above me mentions, there seems to be something wrong with the integration of infinite ores with RSO enabled. All the infinite ores have yields 2%-3% instead of their usual 120% or higher.
Loading an old save into the new version also updates the yields to be 2%-3% for every infinite ore. If you save the loaded game in the new version and then downgrade the "Inf. Ore", "Refining" and "Petrochem" mods, you can load the new save in the old versions and completely recover the old 120%-150% yields.
Disabling RSO and generating a fresh game gives normal yields, but a fresh game with RSO has the 2%-3% yields.

2) The Infinite Ores seem to not recognize the existence of Petrochem fluids properly in the new version. All the infinite ores (even infinite coal) now require sulfuric acid (instead of their specific Petrochem acids), and this is the non-Petrochem sulfuric acid -- so you need to add in a converter valve before your miners to get them running.

Thankfully both bugs disappear if I load my factory back up in the old versions of the mods, so I can continue playing there for now :-)
Last edited by Kargaros on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Angel did you go around changing minimum and normal values for ores in infnite ores?

Let me know how I need to change the RSO config... that 2% values would suggest about 100x change?

Millillion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Millillion »

AIO should be the only thing I have that messes with ores and I now also require sulfuric acid to mine anything. Is this intentional?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Another push to the portal, caught some more quirks and bugs, thank you for your patience everyone.
orzelek wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:44 pm
Angel did you go around changing minimum and normal values for ores in infnite ores?

Let me know how I need to change the RSO config... that 2% values would suggest about 100x change?
Yeah min/normal/max had to change because of the new richness calculations, patches ended up with million % of yield. These are the new defaults:
minimum = 10000
normal = 50000
maximum = 100000
Millillion wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm
AIO should be the only thing I have that messes with ores and I now also require sulfuric acid to mine anything. Is this intentional?
The mod has an option to turn off the fluid requirement.

The_New_Paradigm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by The_New_Paradigm »

The new yield values seems to have made my save completely unplayable... please revert.

foooey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foooey »

The_New_Paradigm wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:52 pm
The new yield values seems to have made my save completely unplayable... please revert.
Something with the yield changes has completely wrecked my save file too. I just spent a couple hours trying to figure out what I broke, but it looks like it's this update

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

What happened to silicon plates?!

Now, Momo's Tweaks fails to load :(

Return to “Angels Mods”