Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Biblicalflood
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Biblicalflood »

I'm using all available updated Bob's/Angel's and I can't seem to find a way to craft Silicon Wafers. They have "Mono Silicon" as an ingredient and the What's It Used For mod can't find a recipe to make Mono Silicon. I don't know if this is an Angels bug or a Bobs Bug, so I'm posting in both.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

Biblicalflood wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:40 pm
I'm using all available updated Bob's/Angel's and I can't seem to find a way to craft Silicon Wafers. They have "Mono Silicon" as an ingredient and the What's It Used For mod can't find a recipe to make Mono Silicon. I don't know if this is an Angels bug or a Bobs Bug, so I'm posting in both.
"Mono Silicon" should be made from molten silicon, but the recipe isn't being added to Advanced Silicon Smelting 1 properly because a function is getting called with backwards arguments; instead of a recipe named "angels-plate-silicon" getting added to a technology named "angels-silicon-smelting-1", it's trying to add a recipe named "angels-silicon-smelting-1" to a technology named "angels-plate-silicon". Needless to say, it's not working terribly well.

Biblicalflood
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Biblicalflood »

MageKing17 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:18 pm
Needless to say, it's not working terribly well.
No, I can't imagine it is. I've started a new run with Bobs and just Angels Infinite Ores. I'll check for an updated Angels suite some time later. If I wait for Bio Processing I can start up my 0.16 save back up.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bug...
2019-03-06_22-08-21.png
2019-03-06_22-08-21.png (50.61 KiB) Viewed 4656 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

MageKing17 wrote:
Biblicalflood wrote:
"Mono Silicon" should be made from molten silicon, but the recipe isn't being added to Advanced Silicon Smelting 1 properly because a function is getting called with backwards arguments; instead of a recipe named "angels-plate-silicon" getting added to a technology named "angels-silicon-smelting-1", it's trying to add a recipe named "angels-silicon-smelting-1" to a technology named "angels-plate-silicon". Needless to say, it's not working terribly well.
Well it's more like that the lines disabling silicon for vanilla were in the wrong place.
Airat9000 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:10 pm
bug...
Well you added something that is messing with map gen presets, remove that and it will work.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:30 pm
MageKing17 wrote:
Biblicalflood wrote:
Well it's more like that the lines disabling silicon for vanilla were in the wrong place.
???

Code: Select all

OV.add_unlock( "angels-plate-silicon", "angels-silicon-smelting-1")
That's definitely a function getting called with its arguments backwards. If this recipe isn't intended to be used in a Bob's+Angel's game, you should comment it out instead of leaving a broken function call.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Doesn't matter because the whole item/recipe is not existing anymore, but I'll remove the call for your OCD :)

www574255484
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by www574255484 »

bug,and the reason seem to be conflict with bob`s plant.
Attachments
QQ截图20190307155721.png
QQ截图20190307155721.png (28.72 KiB) Viewed 4500 times

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

emp_zealoth wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:34 pm
Can you tell us when Bio Processing will get an update? I absolutely refuse to play without it <3
I'll just quietly wait for it in the corner :)
Try

viewtopic.php?f=190&t=66506#p407078

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

i am delete

data-final-fixes

if angelsmods.refining then
require("prototypes.generation.angels-override")
end

work in mods! pyanon and

system
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by system »

With factorio 0.17.8 refining 0.10.3 start to work.

brokenshakles
Inserter
Inserter

Post by brokenshakles »

Arch666Angel , do you intend on looking at the ore spawning issues, or do you consider that outside the scope of your mod?

Instantae
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Instantae »

emp_zealoth wrote:
Can you tell us when Bio Processing will get an update? I absolutely refuse to play without it <3
Not sure where else to post this but here you go: https://goo.gl/Pd73NM

All I did was remove the "to-main-inventory/to-quickbar" flags on the items/buildings, change the technology recipes to the new names(automation/logistics/chemical), change any instance of "raw-wood" to "wood" and changed the graphic for cellulose->wood to the "standard" wood icon with tiny cellulose in the corner.

Did some testing with my heavily bob's&angels, cellulose to wood makes regular wood as expected (also discovered that bobs uses wood now instead of the wacky raw->planklookingthing) so everything should all play nicely together :D .

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I'm currently without internet because my provider is stupid.
brokenshakles wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:24 pm
Arch666Angel , do you intend on looking at the ore spawning issues, or do you consider that outside the scope of your mod?
Yeah but that requires a bit of fiddling around or finishing the rewrite of the resource generator. I decided to do later. So yes there will be a change and there is a chance to add the Infinite ore in ore mechanic with vanilla.
Instantae wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:52 pm
emp_zealoth wrote:
Not sure where else to post this but here you go: https://goo.gl/Pd73NM

All I did was remove the "to-main-inventory/to-quickbar" flags on the items/buildings, change the technology recipes to the new names(automation/logistics/chemical), change any instance of "raw-wood" to "wood" and changed the graphic for cellulose->wood to the "standard" wood icon with tiny cellulose in the corner.

Did some testing with my heavily bob's&angels, cellulose to wood makes regular wood as expected (also discovered that bobs uses wood now instead of the wacky raw->planklookingthing) so everything should all play nicely together :D .
The bio update will include some other balancing change and there is an issue with tree and Puffer spawning

Instantae
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Instantae »

I can't wait for the official release!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I think that the new resource system could do infinites inside normal ones. I don't know how to do that properly - it would need devs help or a lot of experimenting :D
I'm keeping RSO for now ;)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:43 am
I think that the new resource system could do infinites inside normal ones. I don't know how to do that properly - it would need devs help or a lot of experimenting :D
I'm keeping RSO for now ;)
I figured already out how to do that, but I think that ore spread is still better with RSO, or to phrase it differently it allows for a better control.

morningstar1001
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by morningstar1001 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:30 pm
MageKing17 wrote:
Biblicalflood wrote:
Should I wait for the fix to enable Silicon Plate?
Or should I change my production line to go for Mono Silicon?

Or is there anyway I can change direct in the code?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

The mono silicon is what will be used for circuits and such. I have take a look where else silicon is used but currently I dont have plans to re-add plates, I will include a Migration next update to convert all plates to the mono silicon ones.

brokenshakles
Inserter
Inserter

Post by brokenshakles »

Arch666Angel, thank you for you reply. When you get to it, please make sure that lowering the frequency spreads out the patches more, as expected. It would also be nice if the scaling slider did the same (Scale the patches apart, but without making them larger.) I'm interested in a hardcore rail world experience.

Return to “Angels Mods”