Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

TRUEpicness
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by TRUEpicness »

I use shiny angels too and it happens there so thats probably the cause
1 more YouTube vid before bed *starts 24hr long vid*

Dreadicon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dreadicon »

Just debugged why Angels and Bobs were erroring out on load - turns out bob's lets you disable some of the advanced processing facilities in the options, but one of the Angels update scripts doesn't check for the entry and assumes that if bob's is there, then the entry is there always.

File: refining-override.lua
Line: 204
Offending logic:

Code: Select all

if bobmods.assembly then
(hacky) fixed logic:

if bobmods.assembly and data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"] != nil then
File: petrochem-override.lua
Line: 104
Fix:

if bobmods.assembly then
					if not data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"] == nil then
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"].energy_usage="300kW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"].crafting_speed = 2
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"].module_specification={module_slots = 4}
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-3"].energy_usage="390kW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-3"].crafting_speed = 2.75
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-3"].module_specification={module_slots = 5}
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-4"].energy_usage="480kW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-4"].crafting_speed = 3.5
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-4"].module_specification={module_slots = 6}
					end

if not data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-2"] == nil then
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-2"].energy_usage="720kW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-2"].crafting_speed = 1.75
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-2"].module_specification={module_slots = 3}
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-3"].energy_usage="1MW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-3"].crafting_speed = 2.5
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-3"].module_specification={module_slots = 4}
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-4"].energy_usage="1.35MW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-4"].crafting_speed = 3.5
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-4"].module_specification={module_slots = 5}
					end
				end

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Dreadicon wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 pm
Just debugged why Angels and Bobs were erroring out on load - turns out bob's lets you disable some of the advanced processing facilities in the options, but one of the Angels update scripts doesn't check for the entry and assumes that if bob's is there, then the entry is there always.

File: refining-override.lua
Line: 204
Offending logic:

if bobmods.assembly then
(hacky) fixed logic:

if bobmods.assembly and data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"] != nil then
File: petrochem-override.lua
Line: 104
Fix:

if bobmods.assembly then
					if not data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"] == nil then
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"].energy_usage="300kW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"].crafting_speed = 2
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-2"].module_specification={module_slots = 4}
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-3"].energy_usage="390kW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-3"].crafting_speed = 2.75
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-3"].module_specification={module_slots = 5}
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-4"].energy_usage="480kW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-4"].crafting_speed = 3.5
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant-4"].module_specification={module_slots = 6}
					end

if not data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-2"] == nil then
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-2"].energy_usage="720kW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-2"].crafting_speed = 1.75
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-2"].module_specification={module_slots = 3}
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-3"].energy_usage="1MW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-3"].crafting_speed = 2.5
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-3"].module_specification={module_slots = 4}
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-4"].energy_usage="1.35MW"
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-4"].crafting_speed = 3.5
					data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery-4"].module_specification={module_slots = 5}
					end
				end
Added some additional checks, thanks for the heads up.
btw in lua you dont need the != nil check, if it's nil it's false

Dreadicon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dreadicon »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:15 pm
Added some additional checks, thanks for the heads up.
btw in lua you dont need the != nil check, if it's nil it's false
Sure, thanks for fixing it in the official :) Good to know about nil falseness! I mostly work with C#; my lua is passable at best, haha.

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

When I use a deconstruction planner, with 'Trees/rocks only' whitelisted, then the special gardens and trees from Bio Processing get marked for deconstruction too, really nice.

However, the 'Crystal Rock' from Refining doesn't get marked for deconstruction. Is that fixable?

Thanks!

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

While I'm here anyway, I'm using the Crawler Construction Vehicle, with three Vehicle Construction Roboports in it (and some generators). I've noticed that it looks like only one of the roboports is used to charge the robots. On only one of them do I notice the 'Electricity' go down, and when that hits zero, charging the robots becomes really slow. I'd expect all three of the roboports to be used about evenly? Or at least, once the first one is empty, start using the second one?

Thanks!

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

I have no clue if this is intended or not but it strikes me as a bit counter intuitive.

So we have 4 different recipes when it comes to garden production.
* 1 that refines a garden into 32 tokens
* 1 that refines a garden into the 16 tokens and a chance at seeds
* 1 that refines into no tokens but all seeds (with a 50% chance of the rarest seed)
* 1 that refines a garden into 2 tokens, 1 garden and a 5% chance at another garden.

HOWEVER...in practise this works as follows

* The 32 token recipe has no issues
* The 16 token recipe plus a chance at seeds has no issue
* The no token but all seeds recipe STILL ONLY HAS A CHANCE TO PRODUCE SEEDS even though ONLY the rarest seed is listed at 50% chance
* The garden recipe (in practise) produces, on average, 1 token, 1 garden and 1 garden (extra) per 5 gardens refined (making it 20% instead of 5 % but that could just be my luck)

My issue lies in the no tokens but all seeds recipe. The GUI clearly says it has a 100% chance to get 1-4 of the first 4 types of seeds and a 50% chance to get 1 of the rarest seed but in reality it will only produce the first 2 seeds reliably. So why would I choose this recipe (which gives me the illusion of solid seed production) if in reality it's just as good as the 16 token +seed production with the exception of hunting for that 5th type of seed and even THEN usually requires 10 gardens to produce 1; isn't that a bit counter productive in relation with the 16 token recipe ?

Lochar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lochar »

Is there a reason why i can't use productivity/god modules when i hybrid catalyze sort for uranium, but i can for every other ore?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Ashprinny wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:19 pm
I have no clue if this is intended or not but it strikes me as a bit counter intuitive.

* 1 that refines into no tokens but all seeds (with a 50% chance of the rarest seed)
* 1 that refines a garden into 2 tokens, 1 garden and a 5% chance at another garden.

* The no token but all seeds recipe STILL ONLY HAS A CHANCE TO PRODUCE SEEDS even though ONLY the rarest seed is listed at 50% chance
* The garden recipe (in practise) produces, on average, 1 token, 1 garden and 1 garden (extra) per 5 gardens refined (making it 20% instead of 5 % but that could just be my luck)

My issue lies in the no tokens but all seeds recipe. The GUI clearly says it has a 100% chance to get 1-4 of the first 4 types of seeds and a 50% chance to get 1 of the rarest seed but in reality it will only produce the first 2 seeds reliably. So why would I choose this recipe (which gives me the illusion of solid seed production) if in reality it's just as good as the 16 token +seed production with the exception of hunting for that 5th type of seed and even THEN usually requires 10 gardens to produce 1; isn't that a bit counter productive in relation with the 16 token recipe ?
Note that the GUI doesn't always display percentages. So even if it says 2 tokens that might still be something different in the actual recipe. Check the source for what it actually says.

As for why one would want to use the no-tokens recipe? Simple. You only need a fixed amount of tokens. Once you have completed the research they are completely useless. Here is what I do:

1) stick one garden of each type into a chest for later (so step 3 has one of each kind).
2) use the 32 token recipe to get the research done.
3) use the garden recipe to get more gardens (use the gardens from 1 if needed).
4) use the no-token recipe to get seeds till I have a bunch of each (especially the rare kind)

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 am
Ashprinny wrote:

Note that the GUI doesn't always display percentages. So even if it says 2 tokens that might still be something different in the actual recipe. Check the source for what it actually says.

As for why one would want to use the no-tokens recipe? Simple. You only need a fixed amount of tokens. Once you have completed the research they are completely useless. Here is what I do:

1) stick one garden of each type into a chest for later (so step 3 has one of each kind).
3) use the garden recipe to get more gardens (use the gardens from 1 if needed).
4) use the no-token recipe to get seeds till I have a bunch of each (especially the rare kind)
Your answer sounds a bit counter-intuitive to me. If percentiles are not always displayed then why ARE they displayed on the 16 token recipe which shows you get seeds for the first 3 crops types, then 50% for the 4th and 25% for the 5th and the no-token recipe shows you get seeds for the first 4 and then 50% for the 5th. It gives a false sense of security not to mention seems a bit odd because other recipes easily show chances ranging between 40 to 10% chance. Why display the percentiles on THOSE recipes but NOT on the 16-token/no-token recipes?

As to the answer about the tokens itself. The garden cultivation recipe (then) shows you get 2 tokens, 1 garden and 5% chance at an additional garden which means that you eventually start overstocking on (useless) tokens then anyways whilst you might as well easily sacrifice 1 garden to get 32 tokens which is more than enough to create upgrade modules.?

To play devil's advocate on your bullet list with what I've experienced in how this section of the mod works:
* You would need AT LEAST 8 gardens to have a chance to get every type of seeds; 1 at the very least if you're VERY lucky
* You use the 32 token recipe to mass produce tokens for BOTH research as well as upgrade kit production and only run it if you need research or tokens to produce kits.
* The 16-token recipe becomes pretty much useless because the 32-token recipe OR no-token recipe are better at expanding production of your farming operation
* You use the no-token recipe to expand your farming operation in the most effective way
* You use the garden cultivation recipe to keep it all going.

I'm not trying to nitpick here; I love the idea of this mod and I often create huge farming operations. I've just been wondering about this for a very long time to the point I figured it was not the way the mod was supposed to work.

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

Ashprinny wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 am
Your answer sounds a bit counter-intuitive to me. If percentiles are not always displayed then why ARE they displayed on the 16 token recipe which shows you get seeds for the first 3 crops types, then 50% for the 4th and 25% for the 5th and the no-token recipe shows you get seeds for the first 4 and then 50% for the 5th. It gives a false sense of security not to mention seems a bit odd because other recipes easily show chances ranging between 40 to 10% chance. Why display the percentiles on THOSE recipes but NOT on the 16-token/no-token recipes?
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure I remember the issue is with being given percentages for multiple item outputs. The UI expects the output to have a greater than one quantity or a percentage chance, not both.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

hewhoispale wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 pm
Ashprinny wrote:
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure I remember the issue is with being given percentages for multiple item outputs. The UI expects the output to have a greater than one quantity or a percentage chance, not both.
if you mean bug with displaying
50% x 4 as output = 2, then yes, it's still in.
while process itself will result in correct amount, UI will display 2, because everything above 100% is displayed as item count while anything bellow is displayed as percentil.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Ashprinny wrote:
mrvn wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 am
Ashprinny wrote:

As to the answer about the tokens itself. The garden cultivation recipe (then) shows you get 2 tokens, 1 garden and 5% chance at an additional garden which means that you eventually start overstocking on (useless) tokens then anyways whilst you might as well easily sacrifice 1 garden to get 32 tokens which is more than enough to create upgrade modules.?

To play devil's advocate on your bullet list with what I've experienced in how this section of the mod works:
* You would need AT LEAST 8 gardens to have a chance to get every type of seeds; 1 at the very least if you're VERY lucky
* You use the 32 token recipe to mass produce tokens for BOTH research as well as upgrade kit production and only run it if you need research or tokens to produce kits.
* The 16-token recipe becomes pretty much useless because the 32-token recipe OR no-token recipe are better at expanding production of your farming operation
* You use the no-token recipe to expand your farming operation in the most effective way
* You use the garden cultivation recipe to keep it all going.

I'm not trying to nitpick here; I love the idea of this mod and I often create huge farming operations. I've just been wondering about this for a very long time to the point I figured it was not the way the mod was supposed to work.
You don't get all recipes from the start. So you have to start using what you have available. Then research to get the other recipes. And since gardens are hard to find and collect I keep one of each flavour save for producing more later. Everything else I use to make tokens to research the recipe to make more gardens. Once you have that you are set. You can produce more gardens as needed and can use the best recipe to produce what you need in tokens or seeds.

Actually I can't remember if I actually used the 32-tokens-no-seed recipe. I think I used enough gardens in the 16-tokens-plus-seeds recipe that I had all the tokens I needed before I got that one.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Ashprinny wrote:

This is how the recipe look like internally, so if you compare these with how they are displayed ingame you see the difference. Most of it has already been explained by the others.

{
    name = "temperate-garden-a",
    results=
    {
      {type="item", name="token-bio", amount=16},
      {type="item", name="temperate-1-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.4},
      {type="item", name="temperate-2-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.3},
      {type="item", name="temperate-3-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.2},
      {type="item", name="temperate-4-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.1},
      {type="item", name="temperate-5-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.05},
    },
  },
  {
    name = "temperate-garden-cultivating-a",
    results=
    {
      {type="item", name="token-bio", amount=32},
    },
  },
  {
    name = "temperate-garden-b",
    results=
    {
      {type="item", name="temperate-1-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.8},
      {type="item", name="temperate-2-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.6},
      {type="item", name="temperate-3-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.4},
      {type="item", name="temperate-4-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.2},
      {type="item", name="temperate-5-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.1},
    },
  },
  {
    name = "temperate-garden-cultivating-b",
    results=
    {
      {type="item", name="token-bio", amount=8, probability=0.25},
      {type="item", name="temperate-garden", amount=1},
      {type="item", name="temperate-garden", amount=1, probability=0.05},
    },
  },

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi, in an earlier version of the mod, i was able to get pretty much all the farms, and seeds, just by using 6 gardens if i remember correctly...

basically i have the 3 Types (swamp, temperate, and desert) in a machine that cultivated 1 of the same type, (plus a small chance of generating something)
and this just got automatically picked up by a filter (wired), condition, so that if i ever had 2 of the same type in the same box, it would pick up just 1 of them (via stack override setting to 1 item), and put it into the other garden which was converting it into seeds.

this way, the 3 main processors were always working, and 1 items was always going back into them, to keep them working, but every so many cycles, an extra one was put in a box, and slowly but surely they ended up being processed into seeds. i forgot which page it was on but i posted a picture i think in february :) can try and post another if not found though..
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Yesterday, I setted up pretty much the same:
There is a 300 sec. recipe, which consumes 1 garden and returns 1 + 5% (or 1.05) gardens + 2 Exploration Tokens.
It was gated behind a research which uses red/green/bio science. Ok, i had to sacrifice some gardens to get the research.

I think, i'm on the latest version, but not exactly sure.

JooCons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Construction Crawler Bug

Post by JooCons »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 pm
JooCons wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 pm
Whenever I move the Construction Crawler the Vehicle Burner Generators inside, even if full with 600 Wood Bricks (25 MJ each) each, instantly consume the entire available caloric energy.

Please fix this, since I love the Construction Crawler with Construction Robots.

Thank you!
Are you using any other mod touching equipment or vehicles? Because this would be a base game bug then.
Yes, I am using AAI Vehicles and Industry

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I recommend using the Multi-Product Recipe Details mod :

factorio_2018-10-24_11-30-01.png
factorio_2018-10-24_11-30-01.png (101.72 KiB) Viewed 5684 times

(It's tagged as "deprecated", but should still work.)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Knorki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Knorki »

Just a question,

is it possible to Play Angel+Bob without Refining with all the different Ores from Bob-Mods?

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Just a quick one:

For Fermentation Process, the recipes show acetic acid as the result of anaerobic fermentation and ethanol as the result of aerobic fermentation, when it should probably be the reverse ("Because yeasts perform this conversion in the absence of oxygen, alcoholic fermentation is considered an anaerobic process.", "The conversion of ethanol (CH3CH2OH) and oxygen (O2) to acetic acid (CH3COOH) takes place by the following reaction...").

Return to “Angels Mods”