Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

novatero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by novatero »

There is no recipe for clay bricks. What happen?

individuo_enlatado
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by individuo_enlatado »

Guys I think the Angel's smelting is the problem here, I'd say it is not compatible with vanilla game only. You can use with vanilla, as far as I tested, only the petrochem and refining.

It is already pretty fun, but the smelting mod is just absolutely amazing, wish I could use it!

Hey Angel, I have to tell you, what a amazing mod comrade. Very good job, makes the game super fun and challanging! I can only imagine the trouble of making a mod of such scale, thank you for taking your time to give something this good for the game's community!

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

There is a bug(?) in the Angelssmelting_0.4.5 in the 'smelting-override-global.lua' file.

It states:

Code: Select all

--OVERRIDE FOR BASE
	ores = {
		value = 200,
		list = {
		"iron-ore",
		"copper-ore",
		"stone",
		"coal",
		"uranium-ore"
		}	
	}
	angelsmods.functions.override_item_conditions(ores)
Unfortunately, this breaks other mods that adjusts ores. I had to manually set it to value = 1000 to fix it for me. Else, I couldn't load any of my save games without everything spilling on the ground around me.

canisin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by canisin »

Hello,

I don't know if this has been reported before but I did check back two pages and couldn't see it.

The newly introduced option about void recipes seems to be badly worded:

"Disable Void Recipe Hiding = true" actually causes the recipes to be hidden, whereas from the wording of it I would have expected the opposite effect.

Kind regards :)

Eule_69
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eule_69 »

@individuo_enlatado:

No, my issue wasn't Smelting :-)

I used Bob's enemies settings like so:
O Enable artifacts from aliens
X Enable alien artifacts
X Enable coloured alien artifacts
X Enable small alien artifacts

Now as coloured artifacts can no longer be created (except killing biters) I'll reset the settings to default (X O O O).
Will only have to rework some productions, mainly Armor-related and some Ammo...

Blackbeared
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blackbeared »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 pm
acito wrote:Hi,

since the last update of Refining, Smelting and Petrochem my stack sizes are reset to an other number. I use the mod Big Bags (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BigBags) to increase stack sizes by factor 10. Your last update makes all vanilla ressources (as far as I found out) - coal, iron ore, copper ore, stone just stack 200 instead of 2000. All other items keep stacking as usual. When going back to an older version of smelting and refining its fixed again.
I pushed back the override to data-updates phase for the next update of smelting. Might just make it a config option.
Has this been changed already, if so how do I change this, it's fine I can still play with 200 for those items was just wondering.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

@Blackbeared
See my post (3 posts above yours) for how to change it. viewtopic.php?f=185&t=25468&p=378717#p378120
Where it now says 'value = 200', change it to anything you like. E.g., 'value = 1000'.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

@BlackBeared,
well, shiver me timbers :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Blackbeared wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:57 am
Arch666Angel wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 pm
acito wrote:Hi,

since the last update of Refining, Smelting and Petrochem my stack sizes are reset to an other number. I use the mod Big Bags (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BigBags) to increase stack sizes by factor 10. Your last update makes all vanilla ressources (as far as I found out) - coal, iron ore, copper ore, stone just stack 200 instead of 2000. All other items keep stacking as usual. When going back to an older version of smelting and refining its fixed again.
I pushed back the override to data-updates phase for the next update of smelting. Might just make it a config option.
Has this been changed already, if so how do I change this, it's fine I can still play with 200 for those items was just wondering.
Changed it, so the override only takes effect if the stack_size on these items is less than 200

Vatharian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vatharian »

It's kinda hard to unravel the dependency hell, but it seems that it's impossible to get to blue science (in Seablock).

Cause is to get blue science, player needs aluminum plates, that require Sodium Hydroxide to make. However it is locked behind Sodium Processing tech, which in itself requires two Chlorine Processing techs and all of them require blue science.

It's possible to get Sodium Hydroxide Solution from electrolysing saline water, but that's all - crystallizing it to Sodium Hydroxide is locked.

Using latest Petrochem + Petrochem NaOH.

...help?

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ease_help/
Veni, Vici, Spaghettici - never bus! (tm)

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Vatharian wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:39 pm
It's kinda hard to unravel the dependency hell, but it seems that it's impossible to get to blue science (in Seablock).

Cause is to get blue science, player needs aluminum plates, that require Sodium Hydroxide to make. However it is locked behind Sodium Processing tech, which in itself requires two Chlorine Processing techs and all of them require blue science.

It's possible to get Sodium Hydroxide Solution from electrolysing saline water, but that's all - crystallizing it to Sodium Hydroxide is locked.

Using latest Petrochem + Petrochem NaOH.

...help?

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ease_help/
Isnt Petrochem NaOH supposedly incompatible with SeaBlock?

Vatharian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vatharian »

If it is, then I just learned about it!

And... is it?

Made some changes, removed it, and so far so good, treading trough the tech tree continues
Veni, Vici, Spaghettici - never bus! (tm)

flamingph03nix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by flamingph03nix »

Thank you for the vanilla fix in 0.4.6!
Only one problem: When I update the mod and start a new game, your fix kicks in and I do see the missing recipes (such as Cement Processing).
However, when I load a game from under 0.4.5, I cannot get to see the techs in the tech tree. The items also do not show up in FNEI.
Is there some way to rerun your scripts or to refresh the savegame again? This way I dont have to start over.
I can manually add the techs through the console, but for example when I add Cement Processing 1, it becomes visible in the tech list, but Cement Processing 2 is not.
Thanks

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Thanks for fixing the petrotrain map! Now they won't kill me so easy :D

Gaist
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gaist »

Missing locale for boric acid barreling:
Unknown key: "fluid-name.liquid-boric-acid" Barrel

JooCons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Construction Crawler Bug

Post by JooCons »

Whenever I move the Construction Crawler the Vehicle Burner Generators inside, even if full with 600 Wood Bricks (25 MJ each) each, instantly consume the entire available caloric energy.

Please fix this, since I love the Construction Crawler with Construction Robots.

Thank you!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Construction Crawler Bug

Post by Arch666Angel »

JooCons wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 pm
Whenever I move the Construction Crawler the Vehicle Burner Generators inside, even if full with 600 Wood Bricks (25 MJ each) each, instantly consume the entire available caloric energy.

Please fix this, since I love the Construction Crawler with Construction Robots.

Thank you!
Are you using any other mod touching equipment or vehicles? Because this would be a base game bug then.

azakir nalda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by azakir nalda »

think i found a bug in the smelting mod. Smoke from the blast furnace is coming from the wrong location.
smokey.JPG
smokey.JPG (126.63 KiB) Viewed 6461 times
It appears to only do this on the steel recipe

TRUEpicness
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TRUEpicness »

azakir nalda wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:21 pm
think i found a bug in the smelting mod. Smoke from the blast furnace is coming from the wrong location.smokey.JPG It appears to only do this on the steel recipe
i can confirm this too
it happens on all recipes and if you rotate it the smoke comes from different corners
1 more YouTube vid before bed *starts 24hr long vid*

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I cant cofirm this, could you check without the beatification mods?

Return to “Angels Mods”