Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

paolomari
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by paolomari »

Hey um angel's industries is for 0.16 factorio, but it has a dependency on angel's components etc, but that's for .15 and .14 only. how come?

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

paolomari wrote:Hey um angel's industries is for 0.16 factorio, but it has a dependency on angel's components etc, but that's for .15 and .14 only. how come?
Are you sure you have the latest version? Angel's Industries 0.1.0 has no dependency on Angel's Components at all. Just refining, Petrochem, Bio, and Smelting. See https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsind ... /downloads to obtain it.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Is there a bug with "special" tree generation in the map? I have been going around the map for an hour looking for desert trees and they dont seem to be spawning?

I'm trying to build more seed generators for my wood factory and need those trees. Is there a recipe for making these special trees?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

johnnyBgoode wrote:Is there a bug with "special" tree generation in the map? I have been going around the map for an hour looking for desert trees and they dont seem to be spawning?

I'm trying to build more seed generators for my wood factory and need those trees. Is there a recipe for making these special trees?
Generation is bound to certain restrictions so desert trees only spawn in arid/deserty regions and so on. Do you use any kind of terrain overhaul other than alien biomes?

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Generation is bound to certain restrictions so desert trees only spawn in arid/deserty regions and so on. Do you use any kind of terrain overhaul other than alien biomes?
I understand that they only appear in desert/arid regions and thats exactly the place I'm currently exploring. I'm only using RSO. Alien Biomes is in my mod list but its toggled disabled.

I don't even see gardens on the newly explored regions of the map. But they do exist on my previous explorations, since I can still see the bright green dots on the map. These are the one I didn't go for right away.

Lord-Fridge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lord-Fridge »

From a discussion that was on the mod page and as far as i can tell not reported here:

B Mod Mismatch Detected

MayhemMays - a month ago
My friend and I downloaded the same mod (this one) on the same version of the game (.16 latest) and every time we try to connect we get the error.

Error: "Mods mismatch detected! angelsbioprocessing: Mod contents are different even though versions are the same"

Dragontamer - 12 days ago
I'm having the same issue with the same error message. I've even transferred the file to my friend to make sure we had the exact file.

Lord-Fridge - 8 days ago Edit
Same here it worked fine until a cuple of minutes gao when i changed mod settings. I redownloaded the mod file and reupped it on my server still can't connect with the exact same error message.

Brainfart: I resetted the Mod settings to default now it is working fine again. If i find a minute I'll try and experiment to see which setting had the effect.

Lord-Fridge - now Edit
It seems to be connected to the alien artifact setting. If it is in default its works fine...if you change it it leads to the mismatch message

Changing the artifact settings to default worked fine for me.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Lord-Fridge wrote:From a discussion that was on the mod page and as far as i can tell not reported here:

B Mod Mismatch Detected

MayhemMays - a month ago
My friend and I downloaded the same mod (this one) on the same version of the game (.16 latest) and every time we try to connect we get the error.

Error: "Mods mismatch detected! angelsbioprocessing: Mod contents are different even though versions are the same"

I'm having the same issue with the same error message. I've even transferred the file to my friend to make sure we had the exact file.

Same here it worked fine until a cuple of minutes gao when i changed mod settings. I redownloaded the mod file and reupped it on my server still can't connect with the exact same error message.

Brainfart: I resetted the Mod settings to default now it is working fine again. If i find a minute I'll try and experiment to see which setting had the effect.

Lord-Fridge - now Edit
It seems to be connected to the alien artifact setting. If it is in default its works fine...if you change it it leads to the mismatch message

Which settings did you change? There are no mod settings to play around with in bio processing currently.

Lord-Fridge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lord-Fridge »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Lord-Fridge wrote:From a discussion that was on the mod page and as far as i can tell not reported here:

B Mod Mismatch Detected

MayhemMays - a month ago

Lord-Fridge - now Edit

Which settings did you change? There are no mod settings to play around with in bio processing currently.
Sorry I was not clear about that. The only connection I found was the Alien Artefact Settings of Bob's Enemies Mod. The default worked fine, any alteration resulted in the Mod Mismatch Error for the Bioprocessing Mod.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Please check if there is a conditional require statement in mod that is based on this setting.
AFAIK making conditional require can cause mod mismatch in multiplayer.

PaladinOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PaladinOne »

Possible balance issue, Angel's Refining (0.9.10) + Vanilla

With no mods present other than Angel's Refining, the recipe for Jivolite Chunks Sorting outputs 5 Iron Ore, 2 Iron Nuggets, 2 Iron Pebbles. If straight smelted, this is a total of 9 Iron Plates from 6 Jivolite Ore. No other form of Jivolite processing (or for that matter, any ore processing) produces comparable output to this.

(Comparison: Saphirite Chunks Sorting gives 2 Ore, 1 Nugget, 4 Pebbles; Jivolite Crystals Sorting gives 4 Ore, 2 Nuggets, 2 Pebbles (for 8 Crystals); Purified Jivolite Sorting gives 2 Ore, 3 Nuggets, 2 Pebbles, 2 Slag (for 9 Purified); combining Pebbles with Nuggets/Slag, this gets to a net 10 Iron Ore from 9 Jivolite Ore.)

Proposal of what may be better: Jivolite Chunks Sorting -> 2 Iron Ore, 2 Nuggets, 2 Pebbles.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

PaladinOne wrote:Possible balance issue, Angel's Refining (0.9.10) + Vanilla

With no mods present other than Angel's Refining, the recipe for Jivolite Chunks Sorting outputs 5 Iron Ore, 2 Iron Nuggets, 2 Iron Pebbles. If straight smelted, this is a total of 9 Iron Plates from 6 Jivolite Ore. No other form of Jivolite processing (or for that matter, any ore processing) produces comparable output to this.

(Comparison: Saphirite Chunks Sorting gives 2 Ore, 1 Nugget, 4 Pebbles; Jivolite Crystals Sorting gives 4 Ore, 2 Nuggets, 2 Pebbles (for 8 Crystals); Purified Jivolite Sorting gives 2 Ore, 3 Nuggets, 2 Pebbles, 2 Slag (for 9 Purified); combining Pebbles with Nuggets/Slag, this gets to a net 10 Iron Ore from 9 Jivolite Ore.)

Proposal of what may be better: Jivolite Chunks Sorting -> 2 Iron Ore, 2 Nuggets, 2 Pebbles.
I cant find the notes I made back then, but you are probably right at least it makes no sense to me looking at it :D Added for the next update

orbadon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orbadon »

Hey Angel

I'm running the SeaBlock 2.7 pack and might have stumbled upon a bug with the "Advanced Desert Garden Cultivation" recipe. According to the GUI the recipe should yield 2 bio tokens, one desert garden with a 5% chance of another one for 2 fertilizers and a desert garden. I was hoping to farm me some bio tokens this way, but I never seem to get any. Is this a bug or am I just not seeing something?

Thanks

Edit: nevermind... after forgetting about it for a couple hours, they started to show up :) I guess it's another chance based value that doesn't show up properly on the GUI.

Roy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Roy »

The seafloor pump can be placed backwards (see backwardsPump.png). I think it's because the collision box is so small, that it's not actually colliding with the land when backwards. It seems to automatically snap backwards when put on a southern or western shore, otherwise you can rotate it.

This seems to work much better:

Code: Select all

collision_box = {{-1.4, -2.45}, {1.4, 0.3}},
Attachments
pump's backwards
pump's backwards
backwardsPump.png (454.77 KiB) Viewed 6619 times

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I believe I have found a bug in the latest version of Angel's Mods:

The tooltip of the item "Clay Brick" displays the following error message:

Code: Select all

Used to build the Unknown key: "tile-name.clay-bricks".

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I believe I have found another bug in Angel's Mods: The recipes unlocked by researching "Advanced Glass Smelting 1" are significantly worse than using the simple stone furnace recipe.

The simple stone furnace recipe, which is available from the start of the game, gives me 3 glass per 4 silicon ore, whereas the "advanced" recipe mentioned above gives me only 2 glass per 4 silicon ore. I can't believe that this was intended.

See the following thread for more information:
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=60537 glass smelting recipe bug?

kallettaja
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kallettaja »

Hey!

I have lots of mods installed and they worked fine, however when I added custom modules and F.A.R.L. suddenly I started to get this error: " __angelsrefining__/prototypes/override-functions.lua:529:table index is nil "
Mods to be disabled: angelspetrochem

Do you have idea how to fix this? (beside of the obvious of taking the new mods out to see which one is most likely the culprit)

Thanks in advantage!

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

kallettaja wrote:Hey!

I have lots of mods installed and they worked fine, however when I added custom modules and F.A.R.L. suddenly I started to get this error: " __angelsrefining__/prototypes/override-functions.lua:529:table index is nil "
Mods to be disabled: angelspetrochem

Do you have idea how to fix this? (beside of the obvious of taking the new mods out to see which one is most likely the culprit)

Thanks in advantage!
take mods out, until you find culprit, then message author of problematic mod to fix it.

there is not much else to do, really.

unless you are lua programmer, and fix it yourself.

LaUr3nTiU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LaUr3nTiU »

In Bobs/Angels I am able to research Thermal Refining which enables me to build the Ore Refinery, but the Advanced Electronics 2 is not yet researched, and I'm unable to build Electronic Circuit Boards which are used to build the Ore Refinery. Is this a bug in Angel's Refining? Shouldn't Researching Thermal Refining follow **only** after Advanced Electronics 2? I am using the latest version of the mods as of today, and I'm combining all that Bobs & Angels have to offer.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

LaUr3nTiU wrote:In Bobs/Angels I am able to research Thermal Refining which enables me to build the Ore Refinery, but the Advanced Electronics 2 is not yet researched, and I'm unable to build Electronic Circuit Boards which are used to build the Ore Refinery. Is this a bug in Angel's Refining? Shouldn't Researching Thermal Refining follow **only** after Advanced Electronics 2? I am using the latest version of the mods as of today, and I'm combining all that Bobs & Angels have to offer.
it's not exactly bug, you can even find such thing in vanilla, sometime you unlock building, or item, which has subcomponent technology unlocked in different part of technology tree. as long as it doesn't create dead end (eg. loop), it's OK.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

there is missing check in angels bio, this happens, when boblogistic is not installed

Return to “Angels Mods”