Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by BlakeMW »

Arch666Angel wrote: 5. Most times I replace bobs recipes but I very rarely change them
7. See 5. they are bobs recipes and are not changed
I would also definitely appreciate the elimination of Bob's electrolysers, chemical furnaces (and also metal mixing furnaces, multi-purpose furnaces and most of all that goddamned distillery) because lets face it the Angels versions are much more awesome :). Perhaps an (optional?) updates script that just replaces the assembler type in the recipe with the rough angel's equivalent and eliminates machines with those types?

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

When you select a combinator, there is an option to read fluids.
The fluids tab has all fluids listed except 5 which are listed under the "resource refining".(crystal slurry(matrix/seedling and some sludge)

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

Why does mining rocks produce stone and geodes, but mining crystal rocks only produce stone? Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

I think of the sheet coil recipes have their productivity limitations wrong.

When making sheet coils you can put productivity into making Iron Sheet Coils but not others.

And when cutting the coils in assembler you can put productivity into
Steel, Titanium Plates
Copper Cable, Tinned Wire, Gold Wire

But not into: Aluminium, Copper, Iron Plates

I guess they are all meant to have productivity when cutting the sheetcoils into plates instead of making the coils due to generating extra coolant.
Though with Bobs 6 module slots it will get bit ridiculous compared to your casting machine with 2.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

crysanja wrote:When you select a combinator, there is an option to read fluids.
The fluids tab has all fluids listed except 5 which are listed under the "resource refining".(crystal slurry(matrix/seedling and some sludge)
Never really checked if setting subgroups for fluids actually works, will remove the subgroups.
arbarbonif wrote:Why does mining rocks produce stone and geodes, but mining crystal rocks only produce stone? Shouldn't that be the other way around?
It was kind of an experiment at the time and stayed in the version. I removed the addition of geodes until I have the final process.
Termak wrote:I think of the sheet coil recipes have their productivity limitations wrong.

When making sheet coils you can put productivity into making Iron Sheet Coils but not others.

And when cutting the coils in assembler you can put productivity into
Steel, Titanium Plates
Copper Cable, Tinned Wire, Gold Wire

But not into: Aluminium, Copper, Iron Plates

I guess they are all meant to have productivity when cutting the sheetcoils into plates instead of making the coils due to generating extra coolant.
Though with Bobs 6 module slots it will get bit ridiculous compared to your casting machine with 2.
I already went over the productivity additions and moved all of them to the cutting for strand casting in the next version.

TubbyBoy419
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Barreling Pump Stalls

Post by TubbyBoy419 »

I've been playing with the all of latest .15 releases, and I haven't been able to keep the barreling pump running for more than a few minutes.

If I'm pulling barrels in via loader or inserter, it unbarrels 75 or so then quits. Searching here, someone suggested putting a check valve and pump on the output, with the check valve set to <750. It extended the stop point to 100 barrels or so.

The output of the check valve drops to 0, and I have to rotate the loader or inserter to get it running again. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Cheers!

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Barreling Pump Stalls

Post by Termak »

TubbyBoy419 wrote:I've been playing with the all of latest .15 releases, and I haven't been able to keep the barreling pump running for more than a few minutes.

If I'm pulling barrels in via loader or inserter, it unbarrels 75 or so then quits. Searching here, someone suggested putting a check valve and pump on the output, with the check valve set to <750. It extended the stop point to 100 barrels or so.

The output of the check valve drops to 0, and I have to rotate the loader or inserter to get it running again. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Cheers!
I couldnt get the automatic pump to work properly so i went back to using recipes on pumps.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Propene gas does not have fill bar in pipes/tanks
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (982.54 KiB) Viewed 7344 times

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

enterisys wrote:Propene gas does not have fill bar in pipes/tanks
It does have one, but it's very very dark grey, you can see that the end of your bar is more dark on your screen.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

Neemys wrote:
It does have one, but it's very very dark grey, you can see that the end of your bar is more dark on your screen.
Right here.
prop.png
prop.png (28.97 KiB) Viewed 7246 times
I agree it should use a more visible color, I hope Angel will change it.

0nummer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 0nummer »

Hello today i updated to 0.16 when bobs mods got updated i played with this mods in 0.15 but angel's infite ores does not work after the update.

The error message.

My installed mods.

treverios
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by treverios »

Angel mods are not updated, yet. That can't work.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

May be this bar has too dark coloration - it can be tweaking in the code of mod, i sure
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

wlfbck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wlfbck »

Currently, with full bobs and Angels Petrochem+Refining enabled, it is impossible to advance past Basic Electronic Boards. Those require Basic Electronic Components, which require Carbon, which are produced in the Liquifier - which needs Basic Electronic Boards. Looking around the files it seems that one of the board conversions isn't working correctly, not sure which unfortunately. I think the Liquifier should use the Basic Circuit Boards or Carbon should still be able to made with Chemical Furnace?

And i just saw that Carbon Dioxide (necessary for Carbon) also requires the Liquifier.

As a sidenote, if only angels is activated (and maybe bobs mods have to have been active at any point in time before, not sure if this is necessary for the bug), these lines in angelsrefining->data.lua produce an error: https://i.imgur.com/De171zE.png

Code: Select all

if bobmods and settings.startup["bobmods-plates-cheapersteel"].value then
	settings.startup["bobmods-plates-cheapersteel"].value = false
end
edit: And fixed, you're the best angel :)

clairaoswald
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by clairaoswald »

https://imgur.com/a/VMRm9

Angel smelting mod issue. https://imgur.com/a/NU2Xa mod version info. 0.4.0

Current mods list.
https://imgur.com/a/xypD8

How to fix: Delete the comma.
https://imgur.com/a/xypD8
Last edited by clairaoswald on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragongunblader55
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dragongunblader55 »

Angel's Smelting was updated to 0.16.x and after installing it I was greeted with an error message upon loading into Factorio.

Error Loading mods
Failed to load mods: Invalid comma before `]'. at __angelssmelting__/migrations/angelssmelting_0.3.5json:11

Just wanted to let dev know.

Lurve
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurve »

Delete that comma and it loads fine.

Dragongunblader55
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dragongunblader55 »

Lurve wrote:Delete that comma and it loads fine.
How do I do this?

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

Goto the location of the file as described in the error (<Drive>/User/<your user name>/Appdata/roaming/factorio/mods) and extract the zip then edit the .Json file with an editor like notepad (be sure to have the right .JSON) and delete the very last comma. (You can leave the .zip file in case you made a mistake; unzipped modarchive are loaded with a priority)

paulcd2000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by paulcd2000 »

It looks like in the current version of Angel's Refining, the metals used for the crusher and sorter are stepped up a tier; the t1 sorter requires steel, and the t2 requires brass. The source looks like it should be asking for iron and steel respectively, so I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT: It looks like what ACTUALLY happened is that the items were changed from 1-indexed to 0-indexed (iron used to be t1-gears and is now t0-gears), but the recipes where not adjusted to match.

Return to “Angels Mods”