Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel i have question about refining
Why straight getting uranium using 2 saphirite + 2 crotinnium + 2 bobmonium crystals?
Only extraction from stirtatite crystal and purified stiratite can get to us uranium but 2 of 3 ores don't contain any uranium in their crystal form, may be its not so logical - at least one component in the recipe must contain the desired end product - this must be stiratite but not saphirite! :!:

I think this recipe is broken, don't u think so? ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

And another wish to u Arch666Angel
I'm waiting for PYFE - py fusion energy and this mod will contains ore which we can see on ground - molybdenum :) - I like your idea that we need to extract all ores from 6 natural angel's ores - so we need to think which angel's ore's will contain this molybdenum - I offer that it was got from jivolite, crotinnium and rubyte in crystal form with straight getting and jivolite, crotinnium and rubyte when processing with slag. How do u like this offer?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

The clay-bricks tile doesn't have a name locale, which shows in the item description of the clay-brick. I suggest you use game.check_prototype_translations() in the future, that will show you which prototypes are missing translations.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

We sometime will be able already to find though some application for ammonium chloride from Petrochem, Arch666Angel?

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

Hey, great mod!

I have one issue tho, i am not sure if this is a bug, a base game limitation or something else BUT, it seems that i cant add ores to ore crushers via inserters from a belt. They will add a couple of ores, the ore crusher will crush said ore and produce the crushed stone and the specific ore and then some inserters will pick up the crushed ore leaving the stone in there since there are no filter inserters early on. At this point the ore crusher will just stop working (because has no ore) and the inserter that adds ore doesnt insert anything anymore until i pick up the stone manually then it workes fine for a second and then stops.

This is really peculiar since i dont seem to have this issue when I add ores to crushers directly from drills. In that case, the crusher will crush ore until its internal inventory maxes out (in my game this being 200 crushed ore and 200 crushed stone). Its only when inserters do it, the crusher/inserter stops working even tho its inventory is pretty empty asside from the 2-3 stone thats there.

Any way around this other than "wait for filter inserters"?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

code99 wrote:Hey, great mod!

I have one issue tho, i am not sure if this is a bug, a base game limitation or something else BUT, it seems that i cant add ores to ore crushers via inserters from a belt. They will add a couple of ores, the ore crusher will crush said ore and produce the crushed stone and the specific ore and then some inserters will pick up the crushed ore leaving the stone in there since there are no filter inserters early on. At this point the ore crusher will just stop working (because has no ore) and the inserter that adds ore doesnt insert anything anymore until i pick up the stone manually then it workes fine for a second and then stops.

This is really peculiar since i dont seem to have this issue when I add ores to crushers directly from drills. In that case, the crusher will crush ore until its internal inventory maxes out (in my game this being 200 crushed ore and 200 crushed stone). Its only when inserters do it, the crusher/inserter stops working even tho its inventory is pretty empty asside from the 2-3 stone thats there.

Any way around this other than "wait for filter inserters"?
if its stopping because its got nowhere to put the crushed stone then thats a base game limitation. the crushers behave just like assemblers in that if all outputs are not empty the inserters will stop inputting anything. the only way to get around that is as you already said direct input from a mining drill or using loaders to fill it

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

You can get it to work, if you direct insert the crushed stone to an assembler creating stone (or a similar consumer for crushed ore stone). The direct inserter will only pick up the crushed stone.
same for crushed ore: You can direct insert it to a furnace, because crushed stone is not smeltable and it will only pick up smeltable ingredients.

Generally, if you insert stuff with an inserter to an assembly-type machine (machine with recipe selection and 1 or more inputs), it will only insert, if the output gets emptied. If you insert manually, it processes the whole stack until output is full.
A furnace-type machine (single input, which selects recipe automatically based on the input) works differently. The output slot is filled to the max.
(A metal-mixing furnace f.e. is an assembly-type machine, cause you have to select the recipe and can have more than 1 input.)
Last edited by jodokus31 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Another pretty decent way to manage crushed ore and crushed stone is to put it all onto a belt and run it past a bunch of furnaces, allowing the furnaces to take all the crushed ore. Whatever is leftover (ideally just the crushed stone) just gets dumped into a chest at the end of the belt. Not sustainable long term but plenty good enough to get things started.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

just curious, why is molten concrete made in assembly machine and not in induction furnace like all other "molten" stuff ?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

mexmer wrote:just curious, why is molten concrete made in assembly machine and not in induction furnace like all other "molten" stuff ?
Because you don't "melt" concrete, you just mix a bunch of stuff with water. No heating is taking plpace

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

hoho wrote:
mexmer wrote:just curious, why is molten concrete made in assembly machine and not in induction furnace like all other "molten" stuff ?
Because you don't "melt" concrete, you just mix a bunch of stuff with water. No heating is taking plpace
i know how to make concrete :D
just it some kind of "inconsitence" in where things are.

Or let's say, there should be another "mixer", like there is powder mixer.
Just putting into assembler looks weird.

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

Hey there, I am playing with the Angel's Exploration mod and I noticed a bug with the Mammoth Tank: Grass seems to be drawn on top of the tank.

Here's a screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/id/LittleMike ... 3823029121

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

LittleMikey wrote:Hey there, I am playing with the Angel's Exploration mod and I noticed a bug with the Mammoth Tank: Grass seems to be drawn on top of the tank.

Here's a screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/id/LittleMike ... 3823029121
Pretty sure that's a game engine limitation on how it draws the objects.

Though I guess unless trains are being drawn differently than other vehicles, there are some tricks one can possibly use to make sure that tank gets drawn on top, possibly something to do with hit/collision box sizes.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

Some Bugs:

1-"Metal catalysts" dont have their production building listed.
2-The ore pastes dont have their production building listed.
3-"Algae farms" of higher tiers are listed in the wrong order.(mk2, mk1 instead of mk1, mk2)
4-Steam cant be voided.
5-Powdered silicon cant be made in a powder mixer.
6-Powdered copper, iron, crome, steel are not used, but listed.
7-Lithium perchlorate and lithium plate use bob-mods electrolyser.
8-There is a bug with fast inserting modules into Flare-Stacks.

gimlic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gimlic »

Error loading mods

failed to load mods: _ _ angelsrefining _/prototypes/override-functions.lua:486 attempt to index local 'effect' (a number value)

Mods to be disabled:
*angelspetrochem

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

gimlic wrote:Error loading mods

failed to load mods: _ _ angelsrefining _/prototypes/override-functions.lua:486 attempt to index local 'effect' (a number value)

Mods to be disabled:
*angelspetrochem
Modlist? I usually see people getting this error with Seablock and missing dependencies/mods.

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

Hi,
do you know, that you can Prod-Modul the Steel-Sheetcoil to Steel Plate Assembler? I guess its a bug, because I can´t prod modul the other Sheetcoil extractors.

Related question: Is there a list with Recipies you can Prod Module?

*edit* Is it intentional that you can prod modul casting machines but not strandcasters?

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

Here are two more small issues.
"Gas Refinery mk2" cant be fast replaced with a "Gas Refinery mk4".
"Mineral Sludge" is not listed as a fluid.(logistics)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

crysanja wrote:Some Bugs:

1-"Metal catalysts" dont have their production building listed.
2-The ore pastes dont have their production building listed.
3-"Algae farms" of higher tiers are listed in the wrong order.(mk2, mk1 instead of mk1, mk2)
4-Steam cant be voided.
5-Powdered silicon cant be made in a powder mixer.
6-Powdered copper, iron, crome, steel are not used, but listed.
7-Lithium perchlorate and lithium plate use bob-mods electrolyser.
8-There is a bug with fast inserting modules into Flare-Stacks.
crysanja wrote:Here are two more small issues.
"Gas Refinery mk2" cant be fast replaced with a "Gas Refinery mk4".
"Mineral Sludge" is not listed as a fluid.(logistics)
1. Recipes you can handcraft never have their buildings listed
2. see 1.
3. I know, will be fixed when bio-processing is updated
4. it can be cooled in a cooling tower
5. Most times I replace bobs recipes but I very rarely change them
6. Soon (bio processing and more sintering)
7. See 5. they are bobs recipes and are not changed
8. That's base game behavior, cant really tell why they are inserted in the empty slot
9. Will fix that
10. How is it not listed? Where?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

terror_gnom wrote:Hi,
do you know, that you can Prod-Modul the Steel-Sheetcoil to Steel Plate Assembler? I guess its a bug, because I can´t prod modul the other Sheetcoil extractors.

Related question: Is there a list with Recipies you can Prod Module?

*edit* Is it intentional that you can prod modul casting machines but not strandcasters?
All productivity enables for the Strand casting is moved to the coil to plate recipes instead of the casting, because of the make infinite coolant loop. If you are using one of the smelting addon mods other people made, there might be conflicts there.

Return to “Angels Mods”