Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Are the ore crushers and sorters suposed to have basic electronics boards for the first 2 levels now?

Warshed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How do you make mud?

Post by Warshed »

Factorio .15.18 experimental. I can't make clay without mud, mud is needed in the viscous mud water recipe in the liquifier but I see no way of making mud.

Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 21630159 »

In the changes listed in the refining 0.7.13 it states that dependencies with bob electrics has been improved, except that in my game the recipe for ore crushers and sorters is now requiring basic electronic boards instead of basic circuit boards. It seems that this fix has the exact opposite effect that was intended, since it wasn't broken before. I've recently started a new map, and was working on making basic electronic boards, but I had no tin. When I realized that the ore sorters now require basic electronic boards I was at a loss of what to do, since I have to have the sorters to even acquire tin, so at the moment I have no way of advancing in my game. I could just degrade back to the previous version that worked, but then that breaks petrochem for some reason, so I guess that I'll just have to wait until the recipes for the ore crushers and smelters are fixed when using bob electrics.

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

figured it out disabled angels componets and it went back to the previous set since it doesn't seem to add anything "properly" yet

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

21630159 wrote:In the changes listed in the refining 0.7.13 it states that dependencies with bob electrics has been improved, except that in my game the recipe for ore crushers and sorters is now requiring basic electronic boards instead of basic circuit boards. It seems that this fix has the exact opposite effect that was intended, since it wasn't broken before. I've recently started a new map, and was working on making basic electronic boards, but I had no tin. When I realized that the ore sorters now require basic electronic boards I was at a loss of what to do, since I have to have the sorters to even acquire tin, so at the moment I have no way of advancing in my game. I could just degrade back to the previous version that worked, but then that breaks petrochem for some reason, so I guess that I'll just have to wait until the recipes for the ore crushers and smelters are fixed when using bob electrics.
you can get tin from smelting just crushed ore. ether bobmonium or rubite. i forget which one is lead and which one is tin.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

when i launch latest RSO + BOBS + ANGELS combined i get Thorium is not enabled in RSO, and it will not be generated.

i suspect, because angels combines bob ores into jivolite etc. this should be fine, if thorium is part of any combined ore.

but i'm not sure, if it really is, since i can see it in map generation setting.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

kingarthur wrote:
21630159 wrote:In the changes listed in the refining 0.7.13 it states that dependencies with bob electrics has been improved, except that in my game the recipe for ore crushers and sorters is now requiring basic electronic boards instead of basic circuit boards. It seems that this fix has the exact opposite effect that was intended, since it wasn't broken before. I've recently started a new map, and was working on making basic electronic boards, but I had no tin. When I realized that the ore sorters now require basic electronic boards I was at a loss of what to do, since I have to have the sorters to even acquire tin, so at the moment I have no way of advancing in my game. I could just degrade back to the previous version that worked, but then that breaks petrochem for some reason, so I guess that I'll just have to wait until the recipes for the ore crushers and smelters are fixed when using bob electrics.
you can get tin from smelting just crushed ore. ether bobmonium or rubite. i forget which one is lead and which one is tin.
red one is lead, so other should be thin.

it's like with glass, you can get it from crotinium, even before sorting

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

mexmer wrote:when i launch latest RSO + BOBS + ANGELS combined i get Thorium is not enabled in RSO, and it will not be generated
Thorium? What mod adds thorium?

Pretty sure not bob or angel unless they've added it in past few days.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

hoho wrote:
mexmer wrote:when i launch latest RSO + BOBS + ANGELS combined i get Thorium is not enabled in RSO, and it will not be generated
Thorium? What mod adds thorium?

Pretty sure not bob or angel unless they've added it in past few days.
thorium is from bob.
i have bob + rso only game, and thorium is there. not sure since when, but it's there.

check bob ores (my version is 0.15.6), it's there

OK, found the thread

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=47830&hilit=thorium

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

For the incorrect recipe of

Ore Crusher Mk1
Ore Sorting Facility Mk1

requiring Basic Electronic Board to craft.

I don't understand what the files are doing but
angelrefining_0.7.13/prototypes/recipe-builder-fallbacks (line 4 and 5)
has both t1 and t2 circuit set(?) as "electronic circuit"

in angelrefining_0.7.13/prototypes/recipes/refining-entity-angels.lua (line 23 and line 197)
both the above recipes show "t1-circuit" as an ingredient, but liquifier (line 317) wants "t0-circuit"

With so many other recipe changes in refining I don't know which is wrong, but I think it's one of these. Changing fallback T1-circuit set to "basic-circuit-board" changes the recipes for the crusher, sorter and electrolyser to BCB. Changing the recipe for each individually to T0 also changes the requirement to BCB. Either will allow you to get past the current roadblock and crush Rubyte and Bobmonium.

The references to circuit-green/orange/blue etc are a mod I don't know maybe? The changes to fallback I made probably do something bad to that mod.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Zombiee wrote:For the incorrect recipe of

Ore Crusher Mk1
Ore Sorting Facility Mk1

requiring Basic Electronic Board to craft.

I don't understand what the files are doing but
angelrefining_0.7.13/prototypes/recipe-builder-fallbacks (line 4 and 5)
has both t1 and t2 circuit set(?) as "electronic circuit"

in angelrefining_0.7.13/prototypes/recipes/refining-entity-angels.lua (line 23 and line 197)
both the above recipes show "t1-circuit" as an ingredient, but liquifier (line 317) wants "t0-circuit"

With so many other recipe changes in refining I don't know which is wrong, but I think it's one of these. Changing fallback T1-circuit set to "basic-circuit-board" changes the recipes for the crusher, sorter and electrolyser to BCB. Changing the recipe for each individually to T0 also changes the requirement to BCB. Either will allow you to get past the current roadblock and crush Rubyte and Bobmonium.

The references to circuit-green/orange/blue etc are a mod I don't know maybe? The changes to fallback I made probably do something bad to that mod.
having brown boards instead of blue for red science buildings seems reasonable.

there are few exception tho' (like blue assembler)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How do you make mud?

Post by Arch666Angel »

Warshed wrote:Factorio .15.18 experimental. I can't make clay without mud, mud is needed in the viscous mud water recipe in the liquifier but I see no way of making mud.
Plop down the seafloor pump it gives you viscous mud water, the mud + water recipe is just an alternative to get rid of excess mud.

---
I changed the circuit boards back to basic for the tier one sorting and lowered the circuit requirements for the crushers in the next update.

--
As far as I'm aware of it bob didnt do anything with the thorium yet, if he enables it for something useful I will have a look and see how to include it in the sorting scheme. The error message from RSO is related to the fact that RSO does not have a config for thorium yet.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How do you make mud?

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Warshed wrote:Factorio .15.18 experimental. I can't make clay without mud, mud is needed in the viscous mud water recipe in the liquifier but I see no way of making mud.
Plop down the seafloor pump it gives you viscous mud water, the mud + water recipe is just an alternative to get rid of excess mud.

---
I changed the circuit boards back to basic for the tier one sorting and lowered the circuit requirements for the crushers in the next update.

--
As far as I'm aware of it bob didnt do anything with the thorium yet, if he enables it for something useful I will have a look and see how to include it in the sorting scheme. The error message from RSO is related to the fact that RSO does not have a config for thorium yet.
yeah, there is not much use for it yet.
but when i play with rso/bobs only i don't get error for thorium. not sure why with angels i get it.

i didn't play angels in 0.15 until now, there is still lot of stuff one need to get trough.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

If you deconstruct/Mine a Gas Refinery you get an Advanced Gas Refinery back - only tested with MK1

rkain101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rkain101 »

Berserker55 wrote:If you deconstruct/Mine a Gas Refinery you get an Advanced Gas Refinery back - only tested with MK1
Yep. Only noticed when I realized that all the small refineries I had crafted had become advanced ones as I was playing with the layout...

catpig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catpig »

rkain101 wrote:
Berserker55 wrote:If you deconstruct/Mine a Gas Refinery you get an Advanced Gas Refinery back - only tested with MK1
Yep. Only noticed when I realized that all the small refineries I had crafted had become advanced ones as I was playing with the layout...
I think this might related to the "moving pipe connections" question I posted over in the other thread.
Also, the machines that built gas refineries have built advanced gas refineries after the update.

Still, it's impressive, I started this game a months ago (May 4th) almost immediately when large parts of bobangel were ready, and only really tiny issues like this, not a single gamebreaker, not even a real annoyance :)

rkain101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rkain101 »

catpig wrote:
rkain101 wrote:
I think this might related to the "moving pipe connections" question I posted over in the other thread.
Also, the machines that built gas refineries have built advanced gas refineries after the update.

Still, it's impressive, I started this game a months ago (May 4th) almost immediately when large parts of bobangel were ready, and only really tiny issues like this, not a single gamebreaker, not even a real annoyance :)
The moving connections thing you mention are probably a side effect of the fact that advanced refineries (which have the same internal name as the old refineries and are the same size) have four potential outputs, instead of three (presumably for even more convoluted recipes). Inconvenient for the migration, but it is what it is. The deconstruction thing looks like its a good old fashioned bug, since small gas refineries appear to have a separate internal name (at least from what I've seen).

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

mexmer wrote:thorium is from bob.
i have bob + rso only game, and thorium is there. not sure since when, but it's there.

Weird, I have same version and can't see thorium in the list of ores. Did you toggle it on separately from mod settings?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

hoho wrote:

Weird, I have same version and can't see thorium in the list of ores. Did you toggle it on separately from mod settings?
should have default on everything, anyways as you can see from linked thread, thorium is int there for at least 2 weeks.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

mexmer wrote:
hoho wrote:

should have default on everything, anyways as you can see from linked thread, thorium is int there for at least 2 weeks.
If you don't explicitly enable it it won't spawn and it's not present.
If you force it then it will be present but unused.

Return to “Angels Mods”