Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Frostl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Frostl »

maartengj wrote:I started Factorio and had to disable PetroChem, which would make my save not work.

The error message is:
Failed to load mods: _ _angelsrefining_ _/prototypes/override-functions.lua:395: attempt to index local 'parent' (a nil value)
Oddly, it's the problem with FARL mod last version. Disable or downgrade it and the issue is gone.

Lapomita
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lapomita »

Frostl wrote:
maartengj wrote:I started Factorio and had to disable PetroChem, which would make my save not work.

The error message is:
Failed to load mods: _ _angelsrefining_ _/prototypes/override-functions.lua:395: attempt to index local 'parent' (a nil value)
Oddly, it's the problem with FARL mod last version. Disable or downgrade it and the issue is gone.
Nice mate, thank you very much!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

1) Where to use wire silver cable?
2) Where to use steel powder?
3) Where to use glass fiber?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

aklesey1 wrote:1) Where to use wire silver cable?
2) Where to use steel powder?
3) Where to use glass fiber?
1) nowhere.
2) nowhere.
3) oh that's used... nowhere.

Those are temporary byproducts of metallurgy that will be used on next recipes to make things more complicated, just bcoz its fun.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Exploration is listed as having components only as optional requirement so it should work as stand alone mod.

However when using it as such references to non existing technologies and items will produce errors like this:

Code: Select all

11.301 Error ModManager.cpp:851: Error in assignID, technology with name 'angels-vequipment-1' does not exist.

Source: angels-heavy-tank (technology).
Other errors will be thrown for "angels-rocket-defense-equipment-vequip", "titanium-plate", "lead-plate".

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Angel's Smelting's technology advanced glass smelting 1 is a 50% loss compared to direct smelting of silica ore.
Other ores handled by Angel's Smelting are 1:1 with their first advanced smelting recipe. Then in later research you start to get more bang for your buck.
Glass breaks even with the advanced glass smelting 2 and not a little ahead like other advanced smelting recipes.

I believe the whole problem lies in the "40x Molten glass to 2x glass" recipe. As other ores turn the 40x molten whatever into 4x whatever.

Is the intentional or did it get missed with the fluid changes and updates in 0.15?

Direct: 1x silica ore -> 1x glass
Angels: 1x silica ore -> 1x glass mixture; 12x glass mixture -> 120 molten glass; 40x molten glass -> 2 glass

So the full chain is
Direct: 1x silica ore -> 12x glass
Angels 12x silica ore -> 12x glass mixture -> 120 molten glass -> 6 glass

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

The metallurgy main researches (for the buildings) all claim to unlock 2 identical recipes of each tier of chemical furnace. It doesn't seem to affect anything, just looks odd.
Arch666Angel wrote:alloying would require to reintroduce several ores for the only purpose of mixing them.
You mean like you did with chromium and manganese?

:P

It's funny, I'm currently doing a run where I don't set up any outposts, and RSO only gave me ~150k saphirite to work with in the starting area. As a result, I've been really conservative with iron, which meant running like 40 washing plants doing nothing but producing nodules for manganese. IMO, those could use a buff in their production rate.
aklesey1 wrote: 3) Where to use glass fiber?
This one seems like an easy addition, in a similar vein to the spooled copper/tinned.
My thoughts would be 4x Glass Fiber + 4x Plastic --> 16x fiberglass boards, thought I'd have to double check the numbers to see how they compare to bob's default recipe.

Silent_Bob
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Silent_Bob »

Hello Angel,

There seems to be a bug with the latest version of factorio (15.16) and the unbarreling function of Angels Refining (i think).

The situation is as follows: I am playing Arumba's ABPlus modpack of Bobs+Angels+Refining and I have built a copper smelting facility with the base green & red science mettalurgy facilities where Oxygen gas is added to the system via an unbarreling pump (in preperation for drones) as shown in the image "Unbarreling Works". In this situation, when I add 10 barrels of oxygen gas to the unbarreling pump the system will kick into gear until all 10 barrels are used (as shown). When the 10th barrel is emptied, 1 final barrel will be added by the insterter as shown in "Unbarreling stops", the pump will run dry, and the smelting process will stop as shown in "Smelting Stops". After adding new barrels the cycle will restart.

This is only a problem for unbarreling when the pump doesn;t run continuously. Barreling of fluids and gasses works fine - and unbarreling into a tank also works fine. It only seems to happen when the barreling pump is idle for an unknown number of time.

Both blue and yellow inserters have this problem.
Manually overriding the stack size of inserters from 2 to 1 also does not solve the problem.

If you could help then that would be very appreciated and if you have any questions or need me to test anything then please ask.

Best regards.
Attachments
Smelting stops.jpg
Smelting stops.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 6117 times
Unbarreling stops.jpg
Unbarreling stops.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 6117 times
Unbarreling works.jpg
Unbarreling works.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 6117 times

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Silent_Bob wrote:Hello Angel,

There seems to be a bug with the latest version of factorio (15.16) and the unbarreling function of Angels Refining (i think).

The situation is as follows: I am playing Arumba's ABPlus modpack of Bobs+Angels+Refining and I have built a copper smelting facility with the base green & red science mettalurgy facilities where Oxygen gas is added to the system via an unbarreling pump (in preperation for drones) as shown in the image "Unbarreling Works". In this situation, when I add 10 barrels of oxygen gas to the unbarreling pump the system will kick into gear until all 10 barrels are used (as shown). When the 10th barrel is emptied, 1 final barrel will be added by the insterter as shown in "Unbarreling stops", the pump will run dry, and the smelting process will stop as shown in "Smelting Stops". After adding new barrels the cycle will restart.

This is only a problem for unbarreling when the pump doesn;t run continuously. Barreling of fluids and gasses works fine - and unbarreling into a tank also works fine. It only seems to happen when the barreling pump is idle for an unknown number of time.

Both blue and yellow inserters have this problem.
Manually overriding the stack size of inserters from 2 to 1 also does not solve the problem.

If you could help then that would be very appreciated and if you have any questions or need me to test anything then please ask.

Best regards.
The autobarreler has issues if you don't have a balanced stream of work on it. Inserters will stop loading and/or unloading into them anytime the machine goes idle. Going idle means nothing getting input and/or nothing getting output.
For example, you just finished placing your autobarreler pump, you put the inserters, you put the chests everything is ready to start producing, you input your first stack of oxygen barrels in the chest, the inserter will pick them up and the pump will start to unbarrel them untill it gets backed up on the output side, if the pump gets backed up on the output side then the inserter will stop feeding it with barrels.
The other condition that it'll stop working is that you unbarrel your first stack of fluid and you don't receive any more barrels for a while on that input box, then the machine enters the idle state where it needs input to continue working, but when you put the barrels on the input chest, the inserter won't input them into the machine.
The loading conditions works just the same, if the barreler stops earning fluids the inserter won't input empty barrels on it, if they input barrels but you get a while without having empty barrels for them to input, it'll also not work.
To make the inserters working again all you need to do is rotate them back and forth so they start working again. But that's just a band-aid fix to the real problem.

Those issues there are the same issues as in the mod that added auto-barreling machines to the game (Auto Barrelling) I guess that there's something in the code that you need to workaround whenever the machine enters the "idle" state to prevent it from stop working.

Skathmaine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skathmaine »

so many things not working
i managed to fix zinc through a console command but nitrogen monoxide is still not working

so far i have tried
/c game.player.force.technologies['nitrogen-processing-2'].researched=true
/c game.player.force.technologies['Nitrogen-Processing-2'].researched=true
/c game.player.force.technologies['nitrogen-processing-2'].researched=false (with the idea i would just research it again)
/c game.player.force.recipes["nitrogen-monoxide-gas"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["Nitrogen-Monoxide-gas"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["100xnitrogen-monoxide-gas"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["100-x-nitrogen-monoxide-gas"].enabled = true

all of these come back with unable to do command referenceing a nil value

until i can make the monoxide gas work i cant get nitric acid and its strating to bottleneck things

if anyone can help wth what i need to type into the console to make the game realise i already researched nitrogen processing 2 and give me the recipie it unlocks that would be super

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Skathmaine wrote:so many things not working
i managed to fix zinc through a console command but nitrogen monoxide is still not working

so far i have tried
/c game.player.force.technologies['nitrogen-processing-2'].researched=true
/c game.player.force.technologies['Nitrogen-Processing-2'].researched=true
/c game.player.force.technologies['nitrogen-processing-2'].researched=false (with the idea i would just research it again)
/c game.player.force.recipes["nitrogen-monoxide-gas"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["Nitrogen-Monoxide-gas"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["100xnitrogen-monoxide-gas"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["100-x-nitrogen-monoxide-gas"].enabled = true

all of these come back with unable to do command referenceing a nil value

until i can make the monoxide gas work i cant get nitric acid and its strating to bottleneck things

if anyone can help wth what i need to type into the console to make the game realise i already researched nitrogen processing 2 and give me the recipie it unlocks that would be super
I haven't play angels in a long time, but looking at the mod file, nitrogen processing 2 unlock the following recipes :

effects =
    {
	  {
        type = "unlock-recipe",
        recipe = "angels-air-filter-2"
      },
	  {
        type = "unlock-recipe",
        recipe = "gas-nitrogen-monoxide"
      },
	  {
        type = "unlock-recipe",
        recipe = "gas-nitrogen-dioxide"
      },
	  {
        type = "unlock-recipe",
        recipe = "gas-ammonium-chloride"
      },
	  {
        type = "unlock-recipe",
        recipe = "gas-urea"
      },
	  {
        type = "unlock-recipe",
        recipe = "liquid-nitric-acid"
      },
    },
So I think the recipe name you are looking for is "gas-nitrogen-monoxide"

The following command should work then :

/c game.player.force.recipes["gas-nitrogen-monoxide"].enabled = true

Edit : if you want the research to be done instead of just unlocking the recipe, it's name is "angels-nitrogen-processing-2"
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Nat's Hollow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nat's Hollow »

I can't load the game with infinite ores turned off from the mods option screen. I get:

__angelspetrochem__/data-final-fixes.lua:1: …gelspetrochem__/prototypes/petrochem-global-override.lua:55: attempt to index field 'infinite-angels-ore5' (a nil value)

and it makes me disable Pterochem.

Please help, Thanks

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I found a bug.

Bobs Plates no longer requires Bobs Electronics. Trying to start Angels Refining with Bobs Plates (but not Bobs Electronics) results in an error looking for a Bob's Electronics component.

system
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by system »

angelsrefining_0.7.9 - concrete exist
angelsrefining_0.7.10 (and later) - concrete not exist (only hazardous)

It could be also caused by one of these mods:
bio processing
petrochem
smelting
Last edited by system on Wed May 31, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

I got

Error in assignID, item with name 'basic-circuit-board' does not exist.

Source: ore-sorting-facility (recipe).

Mods to be disabled:
• angelsrefining
Whole angels mods dont work now. :(

EDIT: Work when having Bobs Electronics. Please add this to dependencies.
Last edited by Distelzombie on Wed May 31, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use big counts of base mineral oil?
The best option is to convert it to syntesis but i don't know where i need so many plastics :mrgreen:
I can produce methanol with green catalysts but i'll need many many silver with aluminium, and then I precisely need jivolite with crotinjnium

Oh, here such complex challenge with a heap of conclusions ;)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Why i can't produce steam from purified water? Why i need common water? it is absurd, illogical and inconvenient
May be we need recipe to make common water from purified water, we already have the lengthiest chain which includes even 5 stages of water refining
I just want to get new way to produce steam gas in boilers

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

aklesey1 wrote:Why i can't produce steam from purified water? Why i need common water? it is absurd, illogical and inconvenient
I believe the answer is "because it's hardcoded into the game that a boiler can only accept one fluid" (see this suggestion).

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Exasperation wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Why i can't produce steam from purified water? Why i need common water? it is absurd, illogical and inconvenient
I believe the answer is "because it's hardcoded into the game that a boiler can only accept one fluid" (see this suggestion).
Idea of what purification belongs to Arch666Angel, yes i like purified water but it stil water by its nature as we all can understand, its just water :?
I can put fuel oil into boiler and it will work, why i can't put purified water into boiler and force it to work?
Last edited by aklesey1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

If your boilers will accept anything other than vanilla water, then you're clearly using a different version than I am. I just loaded up the game with creative mode to check, and the only fluid that a boiler would accept was water. You could modify it to accept purified water instead, but then it would no longer accept plain water. If you read the thread I linked to in my previous post, you'll see that bob was asking the devs to put in the ability to give boilers a list of fluids to accept so that you could tell them to accept water and purified water and salt water (and any other types of water that make sense to be able to boil into steam).

Return to “Angels Mods”