Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Crash when loading Angels Refining without Bob's Electronics.
Mod List
Error's out on random buildings looking for 'basic-circuit-board'
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'basic-circuit-board' does not exist.

Source: ore-sorting-facility (recipe)

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Coppermine wrote:steel-pipe is from boblogistics, which wasn't in your list, so it makes sense that you got that error.

angelspetrochem is checking for bobplates but not boblogistics before using steel-pipe (relevant code in prototypes/petrochem-override.lua and prototypes/recipes/petrochem-entity-bob.lua). Angel: You should probably tweak the code to check for boblogistics before using steel pipe.

CMH: To fix your problem it should suffice to add boblogistics.
I'll try it out later.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@PiggyWhiskey @CMH
If you want to play my mods with bobs, you need all of bobs mods (or at least electronics, plates, ores, library and logistics)

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Bobs electronics is the only one I don't play with. Not a fan of the extreme changes it makes. I just wanted thee extended game play.

If it's a prerequisite, might want to change that in the info file so the game doesn't run without it.

Bob has a nice setup detecting and modifying recipes for players with and without electronics.

I just manually changed the 3 recipes to need Green Chips for the interim.

cpeosphoros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cpeosphoros »

Code: Select all

Error loading mods

Failed to load mods: __angelspetrochem__/data-final-fixes.lua:1:...gelspetrochem__/prototypes/petrochem-global-override:38:attempt to index field 'ores' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
*angelspetrochem
That's happening with only petrochem (0.5.7) and refining (0.7.9) enabled, without Infinte Ores.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

cpeosphoros wrote:

Error loading mods

Failed to load mods: __angelspetrochem__/data-final-fixes.lua:1:...gelspetrochem__/prototypes/petrochem-global-override:38:attempt to index field 'ores' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
*angelspetrochem
That's happening with only petrochem (0.5.7) and refining (0.7.9) enabled, without Infinte Ores.
Dependencies:
-AngelsMods: Refining, InfiniteOres
-BobsMods: Full Suite
-Recommended: RSO

cpeosphoros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cpeosphoros »

nagapito wrote:
cpeosphoros wrote:

Error loading mods

Mods to be disabled:
*angelspetrochem
Dependencies:
-AngelsMods: Refining, InfiniteOres
-BobsMods: Full Suite
-Recommended: RSO

Yeps, noticed it afterwards, but the mod should enforce Infinte Ores dependency in its jSon. Just reporting the bug, not complaining. They are really really great mods Angel's got here.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:Bobs electronics is the only one I don't play with. Not a fan of the extreme changes it makes. I just wanted thee extended game play.

If it's a prerequisite, might want to change that in the info file so the game doesn't run without it.

Bob has a nice setup detecting and modifying recipes for players with and without electronics.

Thing is, if you going to use bob's mods with angel's ones, you need full bob's suite to play with petrochem, if you don't want the full bob's suite you can still play but without petrochem and metallurgy. Or you enable petrochem and metallurgy and disable all bob's mods that works too.

N3X15
Inserter
Inserter

Post by N3X15 »

Just a note, disabling angels-enablefluidreq after having it set true will not fix the ores to no longer require fluids.

EDIT: Disregard, config management system wasn't managing my config.

canadajebus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canadajebus »

I'm missing the Chloric, Fluoric and Nitric waste water purification recipies. (Do have Sulfuric).

Anyone else experiencing this? I also am using marathomation so not sure if it's a mod conflict issue.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

canadajebus wrote:I'm missing the Chloric, Fluoric and Nitric waste water purification recipies. (Do have Sulfuric).

Anyone else experiencing this? I also am using marathomation so not sure if it's a mod conflict issue.
It should be a matter of changing in-game mod configs, if I'm not mistaken.

canadajebus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canadajebus »

eloquentJane wrote:
canadajebus wrote:I'm missing the Chloric, Fluoric and Nitric waste water purification recipies. (Do have Sulfuric).

I can't find any config options related to this. I've also tried reloading with other mods disabled but no luck.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Mobius1 wrote:
PiggyWhiskey wrote:Bobs electronics is the only one I don't play with. Not a fan of the extreme changes it makes. I just wanted thee extended game play.

Thing is, if you going to use bob's mods with angel's ones, you need full bob's suite to play with petrochem, if you don't want the full bob's suite you can still play but without petrochem and metallurgy. Or you enable petrochem and metallurgy and disable all bob's mods that works too.

I'm okay without Petrochem. And I'm okay without bobs electronics.

I would have liked to play with metallurgy, but that requires Petrochem.

I just want to play with everything except Electronics, Petrochem, Metallurgy (or smelting, whatever it's called.)

It's not hard to replace an ingredient if bobs electronics is in the game.
And the dependency on bobs electronics should be Hard, not optional like the current set up.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

canadajebus wrote:
eloquentJane wrote:

I can't find any config options related to this. I've also tried reloading with other mods disabled but no luck.
a) make sure you have all your mods updated
b) check your mod configs BEFORE loading your save, main menu > options > mods
c) make sure "Adds Petrochem Acids to Refining and Ores" is checked under "angelspetrochem"

If you still experience this biter, just say the word and I'll summon the biter killsquad to deal with them. All biters must die!

canadajebus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canadajebus »

Mobius1 wrote:
canadajebus wrote:
eloquentJane wrote:

a) make sure you have all your mods updated
b) check your mod configs BEFORE loading your save, main menu > options > mods
c) make sure "Adds Petrochem Acids to Refining and Ores" is checked under "angelspetrochem"

If you still experience this biter, just say the word and I'll summon the biter killsquad to deal with them. All biters must die!
Everything is up to date. I've checked the mods configs and I do have that item checked. I've also tried unchecking it, saving, reloading, rechecking it, reloading and they don't appear. Whats strange is the recipies do show up under the tech tree under the completed Water Treatment tech, just not in the production screens.

Is there a way to force reload the tech or something?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

canadajebus wrote:Everything is up to date. I've checked the mods configs and I do have that item checked. I've also tried unchecking it, saving, reloading, rechecking it, reloading and they don't appear. Whats strange is the recipies do show up under the tech tree under the completed Water Treatment tech, just not in the production screens.

Try enabling autobarreling, load the game, don't save, disable autobarreling, load again if the recipes don't show up and you don't mind disabling achievements, type these in the console then reload the game:

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  force.reset_recipes()
  force.reset_technologies()
end

topforce
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by topforce »

Any chance we will get smelting to work without Bob's mods?

canadajebus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canadajebus »

Mobius1 wrote:
canadajebus wrote:Everything is up to date. I've checked the mods configs and I do have that item checked. I've also tried unchecking it, saving, reloading, rechecking it, reloading and they don't appear. Whats strange is the recipies do show up under the tech tree under the completed Water Treatment tech, just not in the production screens.

Try enabling autobarreling, load the game, don't save, disable autobarreling, load again if the recipes don't show up and you don't mind disabling achievements, type these in the console then reload the game:

force.reset_recipes()
  force.reset_technologies()
end
I tried this, no luck. Also tried removing some code from the mod which disables those recipes if petrochem isn't found.

I did get one thing to work though. I reloaded my save with refining mod disabled, saved, then reloaded with it enabled. This forced the research to be "forgotten". Luckly the research part of my factory wasn't destroyed in the process because a bunch of other mods disabled, destroying tons of buildings and all my ore patches. I reresearched the tech and the recipies did appear.

Now I just need to figure out how to "forget" the tech in my save where my factory hasn't been decimated lol I don't care if I just have to replace the water treatment stuff to fix it.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

reset_commands do not work for this case.

What you want is

if force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched and game.fluid_prototypes["water-green-waste"] then
		force.recipes["yellow-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
		force.recipes["red-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
		force.recipes["green-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
		force.recipes["greenyellow-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
	end
end 
This will enable all recipes that should had been enabled when you did the research.

You can also do this to disable the research and research it again

/c game.player.force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched = false

canadajebus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canadajebus »

nagapito wrote:reset_commands do not work for this case.

What you want is

if force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched and game.fluid_prototypes["water-green-waste"] then
		force.recipes["yellow-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
		force.recipes["red-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
		force.recipes["green-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
		force.recipes["greenyellow-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
	end
end 
This will enable all recipes that should had been enabled when you did the research.

You can also do this to disable the research and research it again

/c game.player.force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched = false

This worked, thanks! I just got it working though another way lol. Made a copy of the mod, added a duplicate water treatment tech, researched it, removed my copied mod. I'm gonna redo it with that command though just incase my save didn't like my way of fixing it.

Return to “Angels Mods”