Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by hoho »

Arch666Angel wrote:Well it has to run through 3 configurable things before it would error, changing one would prevent the error. I don't even want to know how many cases of different configurations I can generate.
Yes, I understand that you can't possibly check every and all configurations with every new release but at minimum, testing for full modset of your own mods to be able to launch would make sense.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Baughn wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: Well it's the same case for vanilla Omni smelters where stone bricks and steel have input amounts greater than one. The solution is to either use filter inserters, or output to a box and have inserter only activate if there is a certain amount in the box, which isn't failsave but better then direct insertion. That's just how the furnaces work.
I don't have filter inserters researched, and I definitely don't have circuits. How do I handle this in the early game?
Well there are different ways: You could go on and smelt the crushed saphirite directly. You could put it on a belt and sort the pebbles from it by using the recipe that turns pebbles into regular ore. You can use the combining recipe with pebbles and nuggets to sort the belt and increase yield.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

I just updated the petrochem mod and it seems to work nicely now. Thanks!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hoho wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Well it has to run through 3 configurable things before it would error, changing one would prevent the error. I don't even want to know how many cases of different configurations I can generate.
Yes, I understand that you can't possibly check every and all configurations with every new release but at minimum, testing for full modset of your own mods to be able to launch would make sense.
Don't you think that I do that? I think I had one of the 3 options turned off because I was testing something else, so it didn't trigger. There will always be stuff I break when adding/removing features, if you don't like that then just don't update until you see no new issues pop up, or be constructive and point me to the problem so I can fix it which is what I do appreciate more.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Don't you think that I do that? I think I had one of the 3 options turned off because I was testing something else, so it didn't trigger. There will always be stuff I break when adding/removing features, if you don't like that then just don't update until you see no new issues pop up, or be constructive and point me to the problem so I can fix it which is what I do appreciate more.
Dem biters... gotta nuke 'em all!! WTB mod portal working for me D:

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:
hoho wrote:
Don't you think that I do that? I think I had one of the 3 options turned off because I was testing something else, so it didn't trigger. There will always be stuff I break when adding/removing features, if you don't like that then just don't update until you see no new issues pop up, or be constructive and point me to the problem so I can fix it which is what I do appreciate more.

This!!

I am still using Petrochem 0.5.0 and other ones at their initial 0.15 versions since a lot of issues appeared and Angel didnt had the time to fix them. And when fixed some, broke others. As a developer you would also know that when you are short on time and try to fix stuff in a rush... you usually break more then you fix!
So, I fixed them for myself and few other has them appear and have been waiting for a more stable version of the mods with most of the issues fixed.

Looking at you Mobius1 to know if there are any problems on the last release! :P

Angel, you do a great job, dont get affected by these less positive comments!

Annon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Annon »

Help! I am stuck. I am using all of angel and bob, and i am stuck trying to create electronic circuit board. I need ferric chloride solution, but the only way i see i can make that is with saline water and saline water is made in the salination plant. The problem is that the salination plant is made with electronic circuit boards, so I cant make electronic circuit boards because i need electronic circuit boards to make the salination plant.

Eternal_Wait
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eternal_Wait »

Annon wrote:Help! I am stuck. I am using all of angel and bob, and i am stuck trying to create electronic circuit board. I need ferric chloride solution, but the only way i see i can make that is with saline water and saline water is made in the salination plant. The problem is that the salination plant is made with electronic circuit boards, so I cant make electronic circuit boards because i need electronic circuit boards to make the salination plant.
There are many ways to get hold of saline water, the salination plant is the advanced easy way that gets available later. I think there are two easy options before that plant:

1)The regular hydro plant can purify regular water and net you two types of water ( pipe the purified water output to clarifier and collect the saline water in a storage tank ;this allows saline water to build up since it gets produced slowly ).
2)ore refining process : using (Floatation Cell + Crushed Crotinnium ) will result in chloride waste feed the waste to hydro plant and you can collect the saline water

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

nagapito wrote:This!!

I am still using Petrochem 0.5.0 and other ones at their initial 0.15 versions since a lot of issues appeared and Angel didnt had the time to fix them. And when fixed some, broke others. As a developer you would also know that when you are short on time and try to fix stuff in a rush... you usually break more then you fix!
So, I fixed them for myself and few other has them appear and have been waiting for a more stable version of the mods with most of the issues fixed.

Looking at you Mobius1 to know if there are any problems on the last release! :P

Angel, you do a great job, dont get affected by these less positive comments!
:O I'm feeling like tech support now lol

I think all biters be gone on the latest update so far, nothing popped out on my computer of doom. But I'm using a shitload of mods so probably something might break that is not related to angel's mods.

ultralance12
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ultralance12 »

So I posted about a week ago when petrochem 0.5.2 came out and had that issue with the pumps vs. barreling pump. I reverted a bunch of mods to the previous version and got everything working again. But it's happening again now for 0.5.7. It can't find the pumps so all my recipes are blank.

Am I doing something wrong? With 5 versions coming out since that issue I feel like the errors on my end. The barreling pump is an option to build this time, and it did change all my previous pumps to the new ones but do I really have to go reset all the recipes on them or is there an easy fix I'm missing?

asw122
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by asw122 »

Not sure if this is a bug or me missing something as I'm new to Angel (been using Bob's mods for ages, but somehow all of Bob's mods didn't seem... complicated enough).

Anyway, I'm using the barrelling pump. I seem to be able to put stuff into barrels with no problem, but when it comes to unloading barrels, it seems to cause a problem.

So right now I'm working on the Oxygen + Hydrogen = Purified Water recipe.

I've got 2 barrelling pumps, one with barrels of oxygen, one with barrels of hydrogen, all connected up to some chem plants that feed to more barrelling pumps and barrels for the water. Because the ratio of oxygen to hydrogen isn't equal (either in production or use) every so often, the oxygen runs out and the hydrogen pipe fills up. Then a new delivery of oxygen appears. Now, in theory, the oxygen should start unbarrelling and things should start up again.

However, what actually happens is that the oxygen starts up fine, and things run for a few cycles... right up until the hydrogen pipe has emptied, when it all stalls because the barrelling pump for the hydrogen hasn't kicked back in. It's got 50 barrels of hydrogen in a chest next to it, an inserter in, and another inserter to an out chest, but it just doesn't run.

The weird thing is that so long as the pipes don't back up, it keeps running fine, and all I have to do to get it running again is rotate the inserter that puts the barreled gas into the pump 1 tick, then rotate it back into place, and it starts up again and runs until a pipe backs up again.

Is this something known, or a maybe a clash between it and another mod? Anything I can do to try to track it down?

Thanks.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

asw122 wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or me missing something as I'm new to Angel (been using Bob's mods for ages, but somehow all of Bob's mods didn't seem... complicated enough).

Anyway, I'm using the barrelling pump. I seem to be able to put stuff into barrels with no problem, but when it comes to unloading barrels, it seems to cause a problem.

I've got 2 barrelling pumps, one with barrels of oxygen, one with barrels of hydrogen, all connected up to some chem plants that feed to more barrelling pumps and barrels for the water. Because the ratio of oxygen to hydrogen isn't equal (either in production or use) every so often, the oxygen runs out and the hydrogen pipe fills up. Then a new delivery of oxygen appears. Now, in theory, the oxygen should start unbarrelling and things should start up again.

However, what actually happens is that the oxygen starts up fine, and things run for a few cycles... right up until the hydrogen pipe has emptied, when it all stalls because the barrelling pump for the hydrogen hasn't kicked back in. It's got 50 barrels of hydrogen in a chest next to it, an inserter in, and another inserter to an out chest, but it just doesn't run.

The weird thing is that so long as the pipes don't back up, it keeps running fine, and all I have to do to get it running again is rotate the inserter that puts the barreled gas into the pump 1 tick, then rotate it back into place, and it starts up again and runs until a pipe backs up again.

Is this something known, or a maybe a clash between it and another mod? Anything I can do to try to track it down?

Thanks.
Maybe that is what Angels was posting about here: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&start=1620#p273896
where Arumba used some loaders to hack the system.

If not, I have no clue what why he posted that.

asw122
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by asw122 »

nagapito wrote:
asw122 wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or me missing something as I'm new to Angel (been using Bob's mods for ages, but somehow all of Bob's mods didn't seem... complicated enough).

Thanks.
Maybe that is what Angels was posting about here: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&start=1620#p273896
where Arumba used some loaders to hack the system.

If not, I have no clue what why he posted that.
Possible, though I hope it doesn't need loaders. I'm using 0.15, and right now, I don't have any loaders.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

@archangel666

I noticed that there are recipes that require glass for bobs mod items and other mods that interact with bobs mods also need glass. However, angel's mod only makes silicon plates which are really the same thing but can't be used in place of glass.

Is there a way of making glass while using angel's smelting mod (not vanilla smelting which I have disabled via 'Angels smelting patch' mod)? If not, is there some way that angel's mod can auto overwrite all recipes which use glass to now require silicon plate instead?

Without that the mod is kind of broken since you can't make fiberglass without glass (not 'silicon plate').

Much appreciated.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Trying to make my mod compatible with yours, but it seems like I can't load only petrochem (and dependencies) and bob's.

Image below is loading with
bobelectronics 0.15
boblibrary 0.15.5
bobmodules 0.15.3
bobores 0.15.4
bobplates 0.15.4
bobpoewr 0.15.3
bobtech 0.15.2
bobwarfare 0.15.1
angelsinfiniteores 0.6.10
angelspetrochem 0.5.7
angelsrefining 0.7.9

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

[quote="CMH"]Trying to make my mod compatible with yours, but it seems like I can't load only petrochem (and dependencies) and bob's.

weird. I load them just fine

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

npuldon wrote:@archangel666

I noticed that there are recipes that require glass for bobs mod items and other mods that interact with bobs mods also need glass. However, angel's mod only makes silicon plates which are really the same thing but can't be used in place of glass.

Is there a way of making glass while using angel's smelting mod (not vanilla smelting which I have disabled via 'Angels smelting patch' mod)? If not, is there some way that angel's mod can auto overwrite all recipes which use glass to now require silicon plate instead?

Without that the mod is kind of broken since you can't make fiberglass without glass (not 'silicon plate').

Much appreciated.
Or he could just add glass to the metallurgy thingy, moar recipes are always bettar rite?

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

eh, it just that glass is redundant with silicon plate. whatever he thinks is best.

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

CMH wrote:Trying to make my mod compatible with yours, but it seems like I can't load only petrochem (and dependencies) and bob's.
steel-pipe is from boblogistics, which wasn't in your list, so it makes sense that you got that error.

angelspetrochem is checking for bobplates but not boblogistics before using steel-pipe (relevant code in prototypes/petrochem-override.lua and prototypes/recipes/petrochem-entity-bob.lua). Angel: You should probably tweak the code to check for boblogistics before using steel pipe.

CMH: To fix your problem it should suffice to add boblogistics.

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

Mobius1 wrote:Or he could just add glass to the metallurgy thingy, moar recipes are always bettar rite?
Personally, I'd also like to see a molten silicon -> glass recipe, maybe something like float glass.

Return to “Angels Mods”