Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Regallion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Regallion »

That's a lie -all my train stations are loaded and unloaded via loaders.
try positioning the loader near the center of the wagon(like you would with tankers) and make sure the train is auto-stopped at the station.
I'll post a screenshot if need be, in a few hours.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Loaders will work on trains when they're stationary at a train station. It doesn't have to be on the center to function either, as the entire train is a container.

The_Destroyer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The_Destroyer »

:x

EDIT: Got it to work. Turns out, in vanilla, it doesn't work. You need the add-loader mod

Resand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Resand »

Light wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
nagapito wrote:
Resand wrote:
Zelenka wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I can't seem to locate the recipe to barrel Liquid Fuel anymore after all the barreling was consolidated to the Barreling and Fluid Handling tab.
Hell, I can't really find any use for liquid fuel.
You can still turn fuel oil to solid fuel or gas, but liquid fuel seems like a dead end
Liquid fuel 'barreled' in a empty canister. Its on the bob's fluids tab.

And the Liquid fuel canister has a burning value of 150MJ, so its a nice the best (and always has been) burning source, much better then converting it into solid fuel, even with the plastic requiring
I might have removed the liquid fuel recipe unintentionally when I disabled bobs barreling tech. ups.
It's still there.

I just don't think it was common knowledge. As far as people know, the barreling and plastic canisters were just for transport, so it never occurs to you that you could burn a plastic container full of liquid fuel. Same as those who found out that you could burn small electric poles and wooden boxes after 700 hours of gameplay. It never occurred to them that it's still made of wood and thus can be burned.

It's just weird to have a plastic container being burned with the fuel still inside of it. However this just shows that one needs to keep an eye on fuel values when new items are added, as it may come with a surprise such as this.
No it's gone. I was using it earlier, but got removed in latest update

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Resand wrote:No it's gone. I was using it earlier, but got removed in latest update
My bad, you're right. Bob's barreling is removed after all.

quenenni
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quenenni »

I updated a few days ago and took some time ro redo all the smelting part (it's just magnificient, thanks a lot).

Here are a few things I have trouble with:
- Fluorite ore: You need it to transform jivolite from chunks to crystals and now the hexafluorosilicic acid to have lead ingots.
The problem is that the only way to have this ore (that I know of) is withthe waste water from jivolite transformation to chunks, and the ratio was aleady not big in favor of putting some on the side.
I don't really know how I am supposed to create the hexafluorosilicic acid.
Is there another way to find / create this ore?

- Gold: Are you sure the chlorauric acid needs gold ingots and so many if yes. Because like this, it doesnt seem interesting to go from level 1 to 2 for the gold.
12 gold ingots to have 12 chlorauric acid and you need 6 chlorauric acid and 2 processed gold to have 12 gold cathode thus 12 gold ingots.
That's a huge loss from the chlorauric acid.

- Titanium: You changed the process for all the ores (level 1= ore -> ingot | level 2= ore -> processed ore -> ingots | level 3= ore -> processed ore -> pellets -> ingots) and increase the challenge with each level, except for titanium.
The level 3 titanium is surprisingly easy.
From pellet, you go directly to ingots and all the others, you have at least 2 more steps between pellets and ingots.

- And I'm stuck now :) I went to fix the tungsten part and I have to use a new building, the sintering oven.
I don't know why but I only have the Mk4 available. I researched the 3 other versions, but I don't see them.
Is there a terminal command I can use to fix that?

This mod is such an amazing work. Thanks.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

quenenni wrote:Here are a few things I have trouble with:
- Fluorite ore: You need it to transform jivolite from chunks to crystals and now the hexafluorosilicic acid to have lead ingots.
The problem is that the only way to have this ore (that I know of) is withthe waste water from jivolite transformation to chunks, and the ratio was aleady not big in favor of putting some on the side.
I don't really know how I am supposed to create the hexafluorosilicic acid.
Is there another way to find / create this ore?

- Gold: Are you sure the chlorauric acid needs gold ingots and so many if yes. Because like this, it doesnt seem interesting to go from level 1 to 2 for the gold.
12 gold ingots to have 12 chlorauric acid and you need 6 chlorauric acid and 2 processed gold to have 12 gold cathode thus 12 gold ingots.
That's a huge loss from the chlorauric acid.

- Titanium: You changed the process for all the ores (level 1= ore -> ingot | level 2= ore -> processed ore -> ingots | level 3= ore -> processed ore -> pellets -> ingots) and increase the challenge with each level, except for titanium.
The level 3 titanium is surprisingly easy.
From pellet, you go directly to ingots and all the others, you have at least 2 more steps between pellets and ingots.

- And I'm stuck now :) I went to fix the tungsten part and I have to use a new building, the sintering oven.
I don't know why but I only have the Mk4 available. I researched the 3 other versions, but I don't see them.
Is there a terminal command I can use to fix that?
Fluorite ore is only obtainable by hydro-refining of Jivolite. However, if you go through the petrochemical processing chain, you will see that hydrofluoric acid (it might be hydrogen fluoride in-game, I can't remember but it's the same chemical) can be obtained by processing acid gas, which is a byproduct of certain petrochemical processing chains. Use the right processing chains and you should end up with plenty of hydrofluoric acid, which should be transformable into hexafluorosilicic acid (if it's not, use the HF from acid gas for whatever you were previously using fluorite ore for, and reroute your fluorite ore to hexafluorosilicic acid).

Chlorauric acid does need gold. Chlor- indicates chlorine, and -auric indicates gold. Whether the processing chain involving it is balanced is another question that I don't think I can answer currently since I haven't played around much with the latest update.

I'm not sure how the new titanium processing works because, as I said, I haven't used the latest update much, but Angel's processing is mainly intended to replicate real ore processing, and titanium processing in reality doesn't take as many extra products as some other processes.

As for the missing sintering ovens, it's probably a bug.

quenenni
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quenenni »

eloquentJane, a big thanks for your answers and clarifications.
eloquentJane wrote: Fluorite ore is only obtainable by hydro-refining of Jivolite. However, if you go through the petrochemical processing chain, you will see that hydrofluoric acid (it might be hydrogen fluoride in-game, I can't remember but it's the same chemical) can be obtained by processing acid gas, which is a byproduct of certain petrochemical processing chains. Use the right processing chains and you should end up with plenty of hydrofluoric acid, which should be transformable into hexafluorosilicic acid (if it's not, use the HF from acid gas for whatever you were previously using fluorite ore for, and reroute your fluorite ore to hexafluorosilicic acid).
Very nice. I don't know how I missed that. I used the mod "What it is used for" to try to find my answer.
Do you think that mod automatically takes into account all the new formulas from another mod that was updated?
eloquentJane wrote: Chlorauric acid does need gold. Chlor- indicates chlorine, and -auric indicates gold. Whether the processing chain involving it is balanced is another question that I don't think I can answer currently since I haven't played around much with the latest update.
In this case, I was talking about the ratio. They seem off. Iirc, 2 other ores need ingots to create ingots.
I don't know why, but I can't figure the right amount of gold ores you need to create ingots at level 2.
Level 1: 24 ores-> 24 ingots
Level 2: 4 ores -> 2 processed ores | 2 processed ore and 6 gold ingots -> 12 Chlorauric acid | 12 Chlorauric acid -> 12 gold ingots (I'm not in the game, so I hope I didn't do any mistake. Maybe there is another step between Chlorauric acid and ingots, but it's a step where the ration is 1:1, so no problem).
From that, I'll be very happy if someone can tell me how many gold ores we need?

eloquentJane wrote: I'm not sure how the new titanium processing works because, as I said, I haven't used the latest update much, but Angel's processing is mainly intended to replicate real ore processing, and titanium processing in reality doesn't take as many extra products as some other processes.
I thaught of that because titanium is a high level ore and in a game, in general, high level stuff are not easier to make.. But I'm happy if it's the case..
eloquentJane wrote: As for the missing sintering ovens, it's probably a bug.
Hopefully quickly fix. In the meantime, I can't smelt tungsten. (or, I guess I have to go back to classic furnaces for the time being)

Thanks again.

quenenni
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quenenni »

quenenni wrote:eloquentJane, a big thanks for your answers and clarifications.
eloquentJane wrote: Chlorauric acid does need gold. Chlor- indicates chlorine, and -auric indicates gold. Whether the processing chain involving it is balanced is another question that I don't think I can answer currently since I haven't played around much with the latest update.
In this case, I was talking about the ratio. They seem off. Iirc, 2 other ores need ingots to create ingots.
I don't know why, but I can't figure the right amount of gold ores you need to create ingots at level 2.
Level 2: 4 ores -> 2 processed ores | 2 processed ore and 6 gold ingots -> 12 Chlorauric acid | 12 Chlorauric acid -> 12 gold ingots (I'm not in the game, so I hope I didn't do any mistake. Maybe there is another step between Chlorauric acid and ingots, but it's a step where the ration is 1:1, so no problem).
From that, I'll be very happy if someone can tell me how many gold ores we need?
I couldn't resist and started the game to be sure... and indeed, it's not exactly that:

4 gold ores -> 2 processed gold ores
2 processed gold ores + 6 Chlorauric acid -> 12 gold cathodes
24 gold cathodes -> 24 gold ingots
12 gold ingots + 3 Nitric acid + 3 Hydrochloric acid -> 12 Chlorauric acid

How many gold ores are needed to have 24 gold ingots?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

quenenni wrote:
quenenni wrote:eloquentJane, a big thanks for your answers and clarifications.
I couldn't resist and started the game to be sure... and indeed, it's not exactly that:

4 gold ores -> 2 processed gold ores
2 processed gold ores + 6 Chlorauric acid -> 12 gold cathodes
24 gold cathodes -> 24 gold ingots
12 gold ingots + 3 Nitric acid + 3 Hydrochloric acid -> 12 Chlorauric acid

How many gold ores are needed to have 24 gold ingots?
One important note is that the smelting mod is in beta with many ratios incomplete.

Here's the current system as it stands for gold:
Pellet: 12 ore = 24 ingot
Processed: 8 ore = 24 ingot
Normal: 24 ore = 24 ingot

I've also expressed concern over the titanium chain being way too oversimplified for pellet production when everything else is a massive chain (aside from tin and iron), but we'll have to see what the official word is on that, since it may be intentional.

I'll highlight the tiny titanium chain beside all the other ore chains for comparison from the original post.
These setups are identical in ingot production rate using only pellets, but their scale is quite different. (Tin is the exception, it's producing almost 1.5x more)
Ore setup scale
Upon closer inspection with iron, copper and gold:
Closer Comparison

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

All of the processing chains are designed to replicate real processing chains. Titanium seems to do that quite well, as do the others. The relative complexities for different processing chains are because certain materials are more complex to process in reality, regardless of how useful they may be in Factorio. Additionally, if I recall correctly, titanium is one of the materials which allows you, when going through the casting process as well, to input multiple different ingot types to increase your plate yield for each titanium ore (at the cost of certain other ores). This does add some complexity, particularly if you want to get the most titanium plates per titanium ingot (which involves using 12 titanium ingots, 12 nickel ingots, and 12 cobalt ingots (I think) to eventually produce 36 titanium plates).

Also, there should be more steps to the full titanium process. The pellet processing alone does not represent the full complexity of titanium processing, which gets more challenging with the complete machine chain (you need chlorine amongst other things).

As for ratios, I'm currently in the middle of making some perfect-ratio processing chains for final-tier setups (Mk4 machines, output a full purple belt (5 yellow belt equivalent) of plates). I'll post a new thread in this forum to showcase them when they're done. I'll include comparisons of all of the production ratios and I'll cut corners whenever possible to minimize any unnecessary processes (if there are any unnecessary processes).

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

What is the role of Bob's Plates for Angel's Smelting? It is listed as a required dependency rather than optional.

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Error in research tree for Angel's BioProcessing:
Solved -- localization string is missing. Adding "small-alien-artifact=Small alien artifact" under [item-name] in bio-processing.cfg solved that issue.
Active Mods
Last edited by Patrick on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

small artifact is from bobsenemies, you need to install that mod. i don't think there is other way to get small alien artifact in angels, and small artifacts are not part of vanilla, since they drop from bitters, not nests.

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Ah. Bob's Enemies is listed as optional so I did not install it.

Edit: Checked bio-processing-override.lua. Bob's Enemies is optional since it is checking for and disabling recipes if present or not so I guess something is a bug somewhere. It is correctly removing the other colors for the artifacts.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

That's just a missing localization string, you can build the small artifacts in vanilla.

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Thanks Angel! What about your Smelter mod? Does it it require Bob's Plates or can is it intended to be capable of running without it in the future? It is dependent right now.

Edit: FYI, you are also missing a localization string for big-alien-artifacts in technology-name for BioProcessing.

ZEUS1629
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ZEUS1629 »

So i stumbled across something interesting regarding the iron plate production using the more advanced. Its not actually problem knowing its their, but it took me an hour to realize. Short story: circuit networks views iron plates on the metallurgy casting different than on the intermediate products within the circuit menus.

Long Story: I stole a design from Nilaus(cant stop me) for a train loading station that balances 2 warehouses by using networking conditions. The circuit network simply hooks both warehouses up to a pole, except the first one is multiplied by -1. So when the first warehouse has more the signal will read a negative number. An inserter is than set to activate if the item is less than 0, balancing the 2 warehouses. The trouble started when i tried using the inserter to move the plates. Originally i tried using plates from metallurgy casting because thats where it was when i opened my normal crafting menu. !EXCEPT! circuit networks dont view iron plates the same from both menus.

The problem, it looks like exist in the item path(yellow text in the item description). This only exist in the circuit menu
RECIPES:
metallurgy casting::iron plates | path::angelssmelting <---!these do not exist as real items in game! circuit networks WILL NOT recognize these as they do not exist.

intermediate products::iron plates | path::base>bobplates>angelssmelting <--these are the plates that will be crafted no matter what

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed and do not really expect a fix, but would like to bring attention to it. Also it appears that copper, steel and maybe copper wire all share this pathing issue but have not tested these.

orka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orka »

Hello,

In the smelting mod (vers. 0.2.3) missing the first two sintering furnaces ... have only the Mk3 and 4 which one can not build without the two first

MfG Orka

P.S. Sorry for the bad english is a translation ... i am german ;)

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Something went wrong

Text error?
Active Mods

Return to “Angels Mods”