Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by MainTango »

mexmer wrote: they are disabled for now, as you can see in mod code.
probly because they still WIP, like construction robots.

you can edit mod and comment out following lines in logistics-override.lua, but at your risk.
Alright, thanks for the help.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Right now you still need the add-loader mod.

Angel's loaders are disabled until .15 when loader bugs are fixed and the scripts from add-loader may bot be necessary.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

I think I found a very strange bug: inserters refuse to pick up crushed raw saphirite from a belt and put it into burner ore crushers. Only direct insertion from miners to crushers works.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Zyrconia wrote:I think I found a very strange bug: inserters refuse to pick up crushed raw saphirite from a belt and put it into burner ore crushers. Only direct insertion from miners to crushers works.
Inserters only put x amount of something into a machine. if one or more of the outputs/inputs has reached that amount it won't automatically insert.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

the crushed stone is probably full.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

I know how inserters work and this is the first time in 400+ hours of Factorio where this is an issue. There is no way to clear out the crushed stone fast enough.

I tried a more miner intensive super early build to speed up the first hour of a new game when you have low iron. But I guess I need to go back to direct insertion.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Zyrconia wrote:I know how inserters work and this is the first time in 400+ hours of Factorio where this is an issue. There is no way to clear out the crushed stone fast enough.

I tried a more miner intensive super early build to speed up the first hour of a new game when you have low iron. But I guess I need to go back to direct insertion.
crushed stone can be cleared quite easily.
my standard setup is 2 crushers + assembler + 3 inserters, 2 inserters are picking up crushed stone from 2 crushers and 3rd is putting assembled stone on belt, that transports it to storage space (chests, then later warehouse)

for burner inserters, gray assembler and basic inserters are fine, for better crushers you need to upgrade inserters and assembler accordingly.

Humpfry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Humpfry »

Seems the yellow loader recipe for assembly machines is missing. Not sure if it is angels ores or not.
Attachments
mods.zip
(84.5 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
willnew.zip
(10.31 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
Missing Loader.jpg
Missing Loader.jpg (114.86 KiB) Viewed 7102 times

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

mexmer wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:I know how inserters work and this is the first time in 400+ hours of Factorio where this is an issue. There is no way to clear out the crushed stone fast enough.

crushed stone can be cleared quite easily.
my standard setup is 2 crushers + assembler + 3 inserters, 2 inserters are picking up crushed stone from 2 crushers and 3rd is putting assembled stone on belt, that transports it to storage space (chests, then later warehouse)

for burner inserters, gray assembler and basic inserters are fine, for better crushers you need to upgrade inserters and assembler accordingly.
Thanks!

Turns out crushed stone can be cleared out easily, even though it stacks to 200 and produces quickly.

After a short practice run, I attached my setup that I'm going to use early game to fuel my speed run.

It works quite well. Iron is still low though, so you either produce yellow transport belt at full speed and have no iron to spare or have iron for other needs.

But this setup should allow you to build up a real base pretty fast.

Speedrun goals: proper factory that has reached blue science by 6 hours.
Attachments
early.png
early.png (3.08 MiB) Viewed 7090 times

FireLion1983
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FireLion1983 »

Why are Bob's chemical recipes and buildings still in the game when using both mods? Did I do something wrong? For example, I can still build chemical plants and electrolysers, and have to research multiple recipes for the same thing.

Tisaku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tisaku »

Bug-ish: The recipes for ceramic filters and polishing compound use bob's alumina. Angel's alumina from the refining mod can only be turned into ingots.
Also typo: Spend Ceramic Filter should be Spent Ceramic Filter.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

FireLion1983 wrote:Why are Bob's chemical recipes and buildings still in the game when using both mods? Did I do something wrong? For example, I can still build chemical plants and electrolysers, and have to research multiple recipes for the same thing.
Angel's is a supplement to Bob's, not really a replacement as they both handle different areas of gameplay. While the two machines for electrolysis is redundant, everything else plays a key role.
Tisaku wrote:Bug-ish: The recipes for ceramic filters and polishing compound use bob's alumina. Angel's alumina from the refining mod can only be turned into ingots.
Also typo: Spend Ceramic Filter should be Spent Ceramic Filter.
Yes, the alumina from the smelting mod is different. Smelting is in beta and may turn out different in the future. For the moment the smelting mod is useful only for directly making plates at higher yields or simplified recipes. You'll be forced to use two chains or stick to Bob's method alone to get both of what you need.

FireLion1983
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FireLion1983 »

Thank you for the replies.

hansson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hansson »

Crawler construction vehicle does not require Engine to research, but actually requires Engine unit to build. Probably not intended.
The crawler construction train seems more correct.

Avivaz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Avivaz »

Hi, I have a question (did not find any answer here). How do you manufacture those auto loaders Image ? I mean the yellow one. There is not a option in assembly to create them. Thank you for the answer.

Carch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Carch »

I just updated my mods after loading up factorio again after a hiatus (now on 14.22), and found that I have problems with angels refining (0.5.4 is the latest i can pull from the mod database). in short, the recipes don't work (crushed sorting yields nothing, lots of things have the placeholder 'something went wrong'. the geode tree is a good example, it has bits and pieces for (I assume) growing geodes, but the actual growing of them has the placeholder 'something went wrong'. I am just running the base game with refining 0.5.4 and infinite ores 0.6.5.

my best guess is that the system to disable/enable recipes when other mods are detected is broken in some way?

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

It seems to me like Angels Refining needs some of Bobs modules even so it's only optional.

I have Angels Infinite Ore and Angels Refining as well as all of Yuoki running, no bob.
The "Burner Ore Crusher" needs "Something went wrong" as a resource to build it, and in the intermediate products tab you can see two "Something went wrong" which need crushed rubyte and crushed bobmonium, both of which shouldn't exist in my game as I have no bobs and no Yuoki Ores...

So yeah, something definitely went wrong there...

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

The vanilla mode went away with the 0.6 version, so if you want to play vanilla you have to stay on the 0.5 version of refining and on 0.4 of infinite ores.

Carch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Carch »

ahh. I see. thanks for the response, um.. so what mods are required now then? I tried looking around on the angels refining page, doesn't look like the info there lists it? also the dependencies in the mod info inside factorio still leave some of the placeholders.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

you practically need the full packet of bobs mods.

Return to “Angels Mods”