Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

@torne @mexmer
I probably broke something with one of latest updates, should be fixed with the uploads today.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Yup, thanks, disabling infinite ores is working fine now :)

EoRaptor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EoRaptor »

First of all - thanks for the great set of mods you added to the game!

Currently i am doing a angel-bob's map with most of the angel's mods - only the new angel-mods are not in the game.

Whilst upgrading part my chemical build, i noticed that the chemical plants can't be replaced anymore. I have to pick them up and place a higher tier down.
Shouldn't i be able to just place a higher tier on top of a chemical plant and upgrade like that?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

EoRaptor wrote:Whilst upgrading part my chemical build, i noticed that the chemical plants can't be replaced anymore. I have to pick them up and place a higher tier down.
Shouldn't i be able to just place a higher tier on top of a chemical plant and upgrade like that?
#blameArch666Angel

I harass him on this on a daily basis, he assures me it will be fixed in the next release :)

elkillo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elkillo »

Hello, angel. Just started using the angel's + bob's combo with RSO. I have all the angels mods including beta mods (components, smelting, and logistics. unless smelting is not beta anymore.) and i noticed that there is no way to get the angels construction bots. I have seen the bots on the free build mode and they look awesome. However after looking over the complete tech tree i do not see a way to get them in the normal game. I have the cargo bots, just not constructions which makes my new crawler vehicle sad :(

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

the beta mods are not feature complete yet. the bots will come later.

elkillo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elkillo »

ukezi wrote:the beta mods are not feature complete yet. the bots will come later.
ah i see they are working but the recipe is yet to be implemented. well then i will be waiting patiently for them as they look awesome. ill have to get to normal bots to use my construction crawler.

EricCoon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EricCoon »

Hi,

I ran in a small understanding problem. I looked everywhere, but didn't found a solution.

I want to use Infinite Angel Ores with Bob Mods and Yuoki. But no N4 or F7 fields spawn. I found also no angel ore I could transform to N4/F7.

So how do I get N4 or F7?
"This is a mess! Lets rebuild and make it bigger!" .... "I said BIGGER!!!"

Tisaku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tisaku »

Minor issue- Some of Bob's vehicle equipment is not compatible with the crawler(and presumably the train variants), so far only the overdrive motor does not work.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Quick heads-up: The Crystallizer Mk2 only uses 100kW @2.25 crafting speed while the Mk1 uses 150kW @1.5 crafting speed.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

MainTango wrote:Quick heads-up: The Crystallizer Mk2 only uses 100kW @2.25 crafting speed while the Mk1 uses 150kW @1.5 crafting speed.
Thanks for the report, added for the next update.
Tisaku wrote:Minor issue- Some of Bob's vehicle equipment is not compatible with the crawler(and presumably the train variants), so far only the overdrive motor does not work.
Not all equipment categories are added to every vehicle, you shouldnt be able to put weapons on the crawler for example. I will add that to the description.
EricCoon wrote:Hi,

I ran in a small understanding problem. I looked everywhere, but didn't found a solution.

I want to use Infinite Angel Ores with Bob Mods and Yuoki. But no N4 or F7 fields spawn. I found also no angel ore I could transform to N4/F7.

So how do I get N4 or F7?
Yuokis ores can be found after the floatation step, or after researching advanced refining 2, or through slag processing.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Arch666Angel wrote:
MainTango wrote:Quick heads-up: The Crystallizer Mk2 only uses 100kW @2.25 crafting speed while the Mk1 uses 150kW @1.5 crafting speed.
Thanks for the report, added for the next update.

I just noticed there's a similar inconsistency with the Liquifiers:

Mk1 drains 150kW @ 1.5 crafting speed
Mk2 drains 100kW @ 2.25 crafting speed
Mk3 drains 125kW @ 3 crafting speed
Mk4 drains 150kW @ 3.75 crafting speed

What values do you have in mind if you don't mind my asking? If you toss your numbers here I could edit them in my files like the impatient little brat that I am :P
Could it be 100 through 175kW?
Thanks for making Factorio even more awesome!

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

why would always higher tier need to consume more energy? mind even in modern technologies you not only strive for higher productivity (production speed ) but also for better power efficiency.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

mexmer wrote:why would always higher tier need to consume more energy? mind even in modern technologies you not only strive for higher productivity (production speed ) but also for better power efficiency.
Well, it's a reoccurring pattern throughout all of base, Angel's and Bob's mods that higher crafting speed comes with higher power drain. You're right that in real life, engineers strive to achieve better power efficiency. In Factorio, as far as I can tell that's what efficiency modules are for.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

The vanilla assemblers consume more power at each tier, but consume less power per item produced because the increase in speed is higher than the increase in power. This seems like it's generally reasonable in both real life and game balance terms, and a number of the machines in bobs also work this way, so if there are exceptions in angels then it seems like changing it would be reasonable.

This balance means that the higher tier machines are always better when running at maximum throughout (which is the th incentive to research and build them), but the lower tier machines can still be useful when you only need to build a limited amount of a product (e.g. to match with a high-ratio recipe) since if their limited speed is sufficient to keep up they'll be cheaper both to build and to run.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

I get a bug if angelsrefining is enabled but bobelectronics is disabled:

Code: Select all

Error Util.cpp:57: Error in assignID, item with name 'basic-circuit-board' does not exist.
Looks like either a hard dependency on bobelectronics or a soft dependency with checking in the code is required.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

I just realized that the loaders from Angels logistics don't show up in my game. The other entities do show up but the research nodes for the loaders don't show up in my tech tree. Anything I can do about it?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Get one of the loader mods, like add loaders. Angels loaders are reskins of the unused Base game entety.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

ukezi wrote:Get one of the loader mods, like add loaders. Angels loaders are reskins of the unused Base game entety.
Ok, but Angels logistics does provide the necessary research to unlock them. I've checked inside the mod files but the research doesn't show up in my game. Do I still need a seperate mod to unlock them?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

MainTango wrote:
ukezi wrote:Get one of the loader mods, like add loaders. Angels loaders are reskins of the unused Base game entety.
Ok, but Angels logistics does provide the necessary research to unlock them. I've checked inside the mod files but the research doesn't show up in my game. Do I still need a seperate mod to unlock them?
they are disabled for now, as you can see in mod code.
probly because they still WIP, like construction robots.

you can edit mod and comment out following lines in logistics-override.lua, but at your risk.

Code: Select all

angelsmods.functions.OV.disable_technology({ "angels-yellow-loader", "angels-red-loader", "angels-blue-loader" })
   angelsmods.functions.OV.disable_technology("angels-construction-robots")

Return to “Angels Mods”