Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Northgate »

The loaders have a cryptic name for me. They also seem to be very overpowered compared to stack filter inserter unless I'm missing something.

KingWut117
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ - Natural Gas not spawning, retrogen?

Post by KingWut117 »

Hey! So I've put in a good 10-12 hours on my bob's angels campaign, and I'm trying to get set up for some electronic circuit boards. (I know, I'm slow)

Problem is, my plastic production is completely gimped because I have to rely on the raw gas from my multiphase oil refining for my natural gas. I can't find any natural gas deposits ANYWHERE, not in my spawn, or even after 20 minutes of driving around, dodging rampant AI biters (those guys gang up on you real quick). I find plenty of oil deposits, but not a single natural gas deposit. Am I missing something? Is there any way to retro-gen natural gas deposits? Is there any way to spawn them in?

Thanks!

Scynonymz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ Angel's Refining

Post by Scynonymz »

Hi. I'm encountering an issue where inserters,(Specifically burner inserters, since I just started.) won't put ores into the crusher unless you reset the type of ore the crusher is using, but as soon as the inserters input enough ore for the crusher to activate, they stop and won't start again until I reset the ore type to be crushed yet again. Any help is appreciated as manual insertion is extremely tedious.

Edit: Disregard - I'm an idiot. I forgot the product has to be removed from the machine before inserters will keep throwing product into them.
Last edited by Scynonymz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nanomancy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ - Infinite Coal Patches?

Post by Nanomancy »

Hi, I'm new to Angel's mod and trying to learn from scratch, but I have a question about the Angel's infinite ores mod.
I have all the latest version of Angel's and Bob's mods with nothing else.

Since I don't like trains or moving bases, I wanted a map with infinite ores and no RSO.
I disabled all non-infinite ores in the start menu and put every infinite ones to maximum frequency/size/richness (didn't touch oils, fissure, etc).
Things seemed all right with everything else, but I couldn't find any coal patches.
Seemed to me that infinite coal patches were not available at all.
Non-infinite coal patches were fine when enabled, but still couldn't find a single infinite coal node. (I travelled very far)

With RSO, there were infinite coal patches, so this must be a bug right?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

KingWut117 wrote:Hey! So I've put in a good 10-12 hours on my bob's angels campaign, and I'm trying to get set up for some electronic circuit boards. (I know, I'm slow)

Problem is, my plastic production is completely gimped because I have to rely on the raw gas from my multiphase oil refining for my natural gas. I can't find any natural gas deposits ANYWHERE, not in my spawn, or even after 20 minutes of driving around, dodging rampant AI biters (those guys gang up on you real quick). I find plenty of oil deposits, but not a single natural gas deposit. Am I missing something? Is there any way to retro-gen natural gas deposits? Is there any way to spawn them in?

Thanks!
propene can also be made from naphtha. I also recommend using angel's bio processing
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Nanomancy wrote:Hi, I'm new to Angel's mod and trying to learn from scratch, but I have a question about the Angel's infinite ores mod.

Since I don't like trains or moving bases, I wanted a map with infinite ores and no RSO.
I disabled all non-infinite ores in the start menu and put every infinite ones to maximum frequency/size/richness (didn't touch oils, fissure, etc).
Things seemed all right with everything else, but I couldn't find any coal patches.
Non-infinite coal patches were fine when enabled, but still couldn't find a single infinite coal node. (I travelled very far)

This is how natural gas looks like: the light green cyan dots.

http://games-mods.weebly.com/uploads/4/ ... d_orig.jpg

With RSO there should be 3 oil and 3 gas near your spawn.

KepperMIEM
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KepperMIEM »

Arch666Angel,
Ther is some error with angelspetrochem_0.4.1
Error in assignID, item with name ''tungsten-pipe" do not exist

If i add boblogistics_0.14.5 or boblogistics_0.14.4 then no error.

Full list of mods:
angelsbioprocessing_0.3.0
angelsinfiniteores_0.4.5
angelspetrochem_0.4.1
angelsrefining_0.6.5
angelssmelting_0.1.3
bobassembly_0.14.0
bobconfig_0.14.0
bobelectronics_0.14.0
bobgreenhouse_0.14.0
boblibrary_0.14.3
bobmining_0.14.0
bobmodules_0.14.2
bobplates_0.14.0
bobpower_0.14.0
rso-mod_2.3.3
ShinyBob_0.14.6
tree_collision_0.4.0
Fastforward-Start_0.14.1
Nucular_1.0.4

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

KingWut117 wrote:Hey! So I've put in a good 10-12 hours on my bob's angels campaign, and I'm trying to get set up for some electronic circuit boards. (I know, I'm slow)

Thanks!
U can get gas from multiphase oil, just look for petrochem production chains
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Nanomancy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nanomancy »

Zyrconia wrote:
Nanomancy wrote:Hi, I'm new to Angel's mod and trying to learn from scratch, but I have a question about the Angel's infinite ores mod.

So does natural gas replace coal with the mod?
Then why is coal/infinite-coal even in the option in RSO/non-RSO setting?
As it is, infinite coal generation seems bugged with non-RSO start.

edit. seems like a misquoted answer for different question.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Ops.

A misquote indeed. Sorry, wrong click.

It was for the guy who can't find gas.

I don't know about coal. I think it should exist.

Nanomancy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nanomancy »

I managed to fix the infinite coal spawning without RSO by editing prototypes\generation\angels-extra-inf.lua file

Changed the line 40 coverage value from 0.0025 to 0.01 (like other angels-ores)

Code: Select all

coverage = 0.01,
With the default value, infinite coal was not spawning at all even with very high settings for all frequency/area/richness.

Also, I added the following bits to line 50 to allow infinite coal patches to spawn in starting area (again, like other angels-ores)

Code: Select all

{
noise_layer = "infinite-coal",
noise_octaves_difference = -2,
noise_persistence = 0.3,
starting_area_weight_optimal = 1,
starting_area_weight_range = 0,
starting_area_weight_max_range = 2,
},

KingWut117
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KingWut117 »

I know what it looks like, it doesnt exist on my map, did you read my post?
U can get gas from multiphase oil, just look for petrochem production chains
I know, I said this in my post. I'd rather not run off of 2 raw gas per multiphase oil processing, considering I? only have 2 oil wells in my base

KingWut117
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ - Natural Gas not spawning, retrogen? RE

Post by KingWut117 »

So I've just started a new game. I guess I probably messed something up when adding mods the first time, i added a couple after starting but I know i had petrochem installed on the first time around.

New game, all the mods are up to date now, I have all the resources

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@Light
The Paste recipe should be in assemblers now.

@Northgate
I guess you are using the editor or some creative mod, the loaders from my mod are not yet available, I will add them when 0.15 hits and they have their complete functionality. I'm also planing to restrict their numbers a bit, so you cant build so many of them that you can use them everywhere.

@Nanomancy
Good catch, I probably just forgot to go over the coal definition when I last fixed the spawning. I probably should also generate infinites through a function too.

@KepperMIEM
You need all of bobs. I might be that you can leave out some of them, but I wont test and/or fix things related to that.

@KingWut117
I can only guess that you might have added some of mods later in the game and therefore new resources only generated in unexplored areas. Aside from that it should all work as intended. As far as I remember I didn't break spawning in one of the versions. I hope it works now for you.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Arch666Angel wrote:@Light
Odd I somehow overlooked that. My first instinct was the chemical plant given the cellulose paste is made there and not the assembler.
Time to compact the design either way.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:@Light
Odd I somehow overlooked that. My first instinct was the chemical plant given the cellulose paste is made there and not the assembler.
Time to compact the design either way.
There will probably be a dedicated building for all the intermediate bio processing stuff sometime in the future, also a dedicated building for all the decomposing stuff.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

The "Disable infinite ores" trigger mod no longer seems to be working with RSO - infinite ores are still generated for all the ore patches outside the starting area.

Tested with RSO 2.3.3, Infinite Ores 0.5.2, Refining 0.6.5, version 0.1.2 of the trigger, and the latest of all of bob's mods (disabled everything else and it still generates the infinite ores).

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

torne wrote:The "Disable infinite ores" trigger mod no longer seems to be working with RSO - infinite ores are still generated for all the ore patches outside the starting area.

Tested with RSO 2.3.3, Infinite Ores 0.5.2, Refining 0.6.5, version 0.1.2 of the trigger, and the latest of all of bob's mods (disabled everything else and it still generates the infinite ores).
did you start new map?
i use this trigger and just 4 days ago i stated new map, and there were no infinite patches.

mind if you enable this on existing map, existing patches are not deleted, also since large portion of map is "pregenerated", it might take some time, before you find newly generated patch (eg. generated after trigger was added). and by some time i mean, you will need to uncover like another part of map in range of double or event tripple of your currently uncovered range.

i don't remember exactly how far are chunks pregenerated, but it's a lot (compared to start area).

so if you want to test if mods is really working or not use FRESH game. that applies to any mod, that changes map generation behavior. they mostly don't work retroactively.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Yes, I started multiple new games and infinite ores were always present when using angel's and RSO, regardless of whether the disable-infinite-ores trigger was there or not. I didn't test without RSO.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

torne wrote:Yes, I started multiple new games and infinite ores were always present when using angel's and RSO, regardless of whether the disable-infinite-ores trigger was there or not. I didn't test without RSO.
i use disable rso and disable infinite triggers, since i was not satisfied with rso distribution for angels some time ago, and since then i never bothered to enable it again.

for me infinite patches never spawn tho'.

Return to “Angels Mods”