Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

dsx20 wrote:
Psawhn wrote:I think there's an error or typo in the Coke + (petroleum) -> Solid Fuel recipes. For example, 1 Coke + 15 Naphtha -> 1 Solid Fuel (25 MJ). But the naphtha can be turned directly into solid fuel at a 2:1 ratio, so by itself it's worth 187.5 MJ, not including the 5 MJ worth of Coke. I think it looks like it's supposed to yield 10 solid fuel or use up 1.5 units of their respective type of petroleum. (Although fuel oil converts to solid fuel at a 1:1 ratio, so even at 10 times yield rate it's not worth it.)

The original solid fuel recipies appear modified just once from the original [base > angelspetrochem] and the coke + (petroleum) recipes are [angelspetrochem]. I'm using petrochem + bob's, but without bioprocessing or smelting,
I haven't seen a reply to this. Is it an issue or by design? Once 'Solid Fuel' is researched '2 Naphtha' for 1 Solid Fuel is significantly cheaper than the 1 Coke + 15 Naphtha via 'Oil Processing'. Perhaps the latter is designed as a voiding technique with a product?
The "regular" solid fuel recipes are re-added by some other mod, so they shouldnt be there.
umd0r wrote:Since (I think) Angels Refining 0.6 there is a problem with the new geode to gem process. I cannot craft Crystal Catalysts in any building:

I checked them all manually, but I can't find the recipe....

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Modlist:

Code: Select all

angelsaddons-oresilos_0.2.2.zip
angelsaddons-pressuretanks_0.1.1.zip
angelsaddons-warehouses_0.1.3.zip
angelsbioprocessing_0.3.0.zip
angelsinfiniteores_0.5.1.zip
angelspetrochem_0.4.0.zip
angelsrefining_0.6.2.zip
angelssmelting_0.1.3.zip
Arumba_Accelerated_Start_0.14.7.zip
autofill_1.4.6.zip
bobassembly_0.14.0.zip
bobconfig_0.14.0.zip
bobelectronics_0.14.0.zip
bobenemies_0.14.0.zip
boblibrary_0.14.3.zip
boblogistics_0.14.5.zip
bobmining_0.14.0.zip
bobmodules_0.14.2.zip
bobores_0.14.0.zip
bobplates_0.14.0.zip
bobpower_0.14.0.zip
bobtech_0.14.0.zip
bobvehicleequipment_0.14.2.zip
bobwarfare_0.14.2.zip
clock_0.14.1.zip
KBlueprints_1.14.1.zip
RailTanker_1.4.0.zip
rso-mod_2.3.3.zip
SpaceMod_0.2.0.zip
usefulbyproducts_0.1.3.zip
what-is-it-used-for_1.1.5.zip
P.S. Angel, keep up the great work :D
Good catch, it had the wrong crafting category, uploading a fix.

dsx20
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dsx20 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
dsx20 wrote:
Psawhn wrote:I think there's an error or typo in the Coke + (petroleum) -> Solid Fuel recipes. For example, 1 Coke + 15 Naphtha -> 1 Solid Fuel (25 MJ). But the naphtha can be turned directly into solid fuel at a 2:1 ratio, so by itself it's worth 187.5 MJ, not including the 5 MJ worth of Coke. I think it looks like it's supposed to yield 10 solid fuel or use up 1.5 units of their respective type of petroleum. (Although fuel oil converts to solid fuel at a 1:1 ratio, so even at 10 times yield rate it's not worth it.)

The original solid fuel recipies appear modified just once from the original [base > angelspetrochem] and the coke + (petroleum) recipes are [angelspetrochem]. I'm using petrochem + bob's, but without bioprocessing or smelting,
I haven't seen a reply to this. Is it an issue or by design? Once 'Solid Fuel' is researched '2 Naphtha' for 1 Solid Fuel is significantly cheaper than the 1 Coke + 15 Naphtha via 'Oil Processing'. Perhaps the latter is designed as a voiding technique with a product?
The "regular" solid fuel recipes are re-added by some other mod, so they shouldnt be there.
Yes it turns out it was bobrevamp. Thanks Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

dsx20 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
dsx20 wrote:

Yes it turns out it was bobrevamp. Thanks Arch666Angel
The latest petrochem version should also fix this issue :)

Psawhn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Psawhn »

Arch666Angel wrote:
dsx20 wrote:

Ahh, so it's intended that solid fuel is much more expensive than vanilla. Out of curiosity, why? It does feel very expensive compared to vanilla, and with its absence there's no way to convert petroleum to fuel without using coke as a seed. (And the only pure liquids -> coke recipe I can find is cracking it out of gas condensates + thermal water -- otherwise we're using coal as a seed for solid fuel.) It feels unintuitive because the world runs on oil + gas as fuel, so I feel like there should be a way to turn liquid oil into fuel in-game without piggybacking off of solid carbon first.

Well, I say "no way." You should take a look at the added bob's liquid fuel canisters. 5 Liquid fuel + 1 Empty Canister -> 1 Liquid fuel canister (150 MJ), unlocked by Barrelling. The recipe to convert 1 Fuel Oil to 1 Liquid Fuel is still in, so its energy yield is more than 10 times the conversion to solid fuel using coke.

rathery
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rathery »

Hey so I updated a bunch of your mods and now I'm getting an error that wasn't there before.

error- Sprite outside of "_angelsrefining_/graphics/icons/void.png" (at 63, 63, size 1x1 of 32x32).

If I roll back refining to 0.5.5 the error goes away, I'll attach my modlist too.
error.PNG
error.PNG (107.98 KiB) Viewed 6046 times
mod-list.json
(9.8 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Psawhn wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
dsx20 wrote:

Ahh, so it's intended that solid fuel is much more expensive than vanilla. Out of curiosity, why? It does feel very expensive compared to vanilla, and with its absence there's no way to convert petroleum to fuel without using coke as a seed. (And the only pure liquids -> coke recipe I can find is cracking it out of gas condensates + thermal water -- otherwise we're using coal as a seed for solid fuel.) It feels unintuitive because the world runs on oil + gas as fuel, so I feel like there should be a way to turn liquid oil into fuel in-game without piggybacking off of solid carbon first.

Well, I say "no way." You should take a look at the added bob's liquid fuel canisters. 5 Liquid fuel + 1 Empty Canister -> 1 Liquid fuel canister (150 MJ), unlocked by Barrelling. The recipe to convert 1 Fuel Oil to 1 Liquid Fuel is still in, so its energy yield is more than 10 times the conversion to solid fuel using coke.
You dont need the solid fuel anymore for the rocket fuel, since it is build from the rocket fuel chain. If you compare it with vanilla, solid fuel makes coal more or less useless in the endgame, you usually have tons of it hardly using anything specially after the transition to solar. So you want uses for both of them, also you get far more oil/gas with petrochem compared to the vanilla game, even more so if you use the wood to methanol recipes from bio-processing and/or do additional coal cracking.
And you are right, I should probably do some adjustments to that recipe or remove it.
rathery wrote:Hey so I updated a bunch of your mods and now I'm getting an error that wasn't there before.

error- Sprite outside of "_angelsrefining_/graphics/icons/void.png" (at 63, 63, size 1x1 of 32x32).

If I roll back refining to 0.5.5 the error goes away, I'll attach my modlist too.
error.PNG
mod-list.json
Try deleting the crop-cache in your factorio folder, else follow what posila wrote in this thread. I will also do a change to the icon in one of the next updates.
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=40583

husky777
Inserter
Inserter

Post by husky777 »

Hello!

bug: vehicle "crawler" sometimes displayed under the tufts of grass

balance: cargo roboport is too small a radius of cargo delivery. a lot of space occupied by small towers expand the radius

Connect "crawler" wagon is that overlaps the next part of the train. I show it on screenshot

PS: I really liked the design of the loader. And everything else at the highest level
Attachments
20170201110223_1.jpg
20170201110223_1.jpg (651.9 KiB) Viewed 6030 times
Last edited by husky777 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
This text is written in broken English
greetings from the Russian Federation

husky777
Inserter
Inserter

Post by husky777 »

blue boot loader has yellow tape
Attachments
zzz.jpg
zzz.jpg (98.65 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
This text is written in broken English
greetings from the Russian Federation

mcwaffles2003
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcwaffles2003 »

getting an error when starting the game up now. looks like an error in petrochem
Attachments
mod-list.json
mod list
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
error.png
error.png (87.37 KiB) Viewed 5976 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mcwaffles2003 wrote:getting an error when starting the game up now. looks like an error in petrochem
Did you also update to the latest refining?

mcwaffles2003
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcwaffles2003 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mcwaffles2003 wrote:getting an error when starting the game up now. looks like an error in petrochem
refining is vers 0.6.4, did check for updates and everything i have is updated

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mcwaffles2003 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Thats odd. Could you post your modlist?

mcwaffles2003
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcwaffles2003 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mcwaffles2003 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Thats odd. Could you post your modlist?
i did in my original post
it doesnt include the petrochem in the list as i saved the mod list file after i deleted petrochem in an attempt to get everything running again

mcwaffles2003
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcwaffles2003 »

im not savy in lua specifically, frankly i know nearly nothing of it, but, in "angelsrefining_0.6.4\prototypes\angels-functions" am i right to assume

"
--CREATE CONVERTER RECIPES (PETROCHEM)
function angelsmods.functions.make_converter(fluid_name_other, fluid_name_angels)
if data.raw.fluid[fluid_name_angels] and data.raw.fluid[fluid_name_other] then
"

is where you created the make_converter function?

if so im wondering if the function is automatically implemented as a global so petrochem could use it

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mcwaffles2003 wrote:im not savy in lua specifically, frankly i know nearly nothing of it, but, in "angelsrefining_0.6.4\prototypes\angels-functions" am i right to assume

"
function angelsmods.functions.make_converter(fluid_name_other, fluid_name_angels)
"

if so im wondering if the function is automatically implemented as a global so petrochem could use it
The reason is that the arumbapack already has refining and petrochem inside, but they are both versions that are not up to date. So adding the stand alone mods on top of it is probably causing issues. Same goes with having the pack and parts of bobmods. So my advice would be, either play with the arumba pack and DONT download what is inside the pack again as extra mods, or get rid of the pack and get all the mods you want from the portal.

mcwaffles2003
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcwaffles2003 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mcwaffles2003 wrote:im not savy in lua specifically, frankly i know nearly nothing of it, but, in "angelsrefining_0.6.4\prototypes\angels-functions" am i right to assume

"
"

The reason is that the arumbapack already has refining and petrochem inside, but they are both versions that are not up to date. So adding the stand alone mods on top of it is probably causing issues. Same goes with having the pack and parts of bobmods. So my advice would be, either play with the arumba pack and DONT download what is inside the pack again as extra mods, or get rid of the pack and get all the mods you want from the portal.
hell yes dude, thank you
also, thank you again for considering my edit to the sulfuric acid recipe
keep it up, youre a badass

Neuromantix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Neuromantix »

Hi! What and where make processing flourine, nitric and cloric wasted water? Especially fuorine - fluorite ore and hidrofluoric acid is very rare and dificulty allocated (need MANY oil)

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

they are the byproducts of the floatation cells.

Neuromantix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Neuromantix »

I know this. Need next processing (fluorine wasted water to fluorite) etc

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

water treatment in the hydroplant like sulferic waste water