Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by mexmer »

Ratzap wrote:Something we just noticed which is sort of a bug or oddity anyway.

When setting up carbon production, we feed crushed coal into furnaces. Instead of putting 5 as fuel, it completely fills the fuel box before it will produce any coke.
it's normal, since crushed coal can also be used as fuel, so if you don't put in other type of fuel first, it will use that

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

mexmer wrote:

When setting up carbon production, we feed crushed coal into furnaces. Instead of putting 5 as fuel, it completely fills the fuel box before it will produce any coke.
it's normal, since crushed coal can also be used as fuel, so if you don't put in other type of fuel first, it will use that
No, it's not normal for an inserter to completely fill the fuel bay. Go look at a furnace, it'll have 4 or 5 fuel in it and the inserter puts single pieces in as one is used up.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Ratzap wrote:No, it's not normal for an inserter to completely fill the fuel bay. Go look at a furnace, it'll have 4 or 5 fuel in it and the inserter puts single pieces in as one is used up.
Agreed it isn't normal but I'm assuming it is a side-effect of the fuel and the ingredient to smelt being the same thing. Nothing in vanilla can be a fuel source and be smelted too. This is a bug that can only be exposed in mods.

The the game sees that the smelting ingredient slot is empty and there is an inserter with the needed item so it inserts some more crushed coal. The game sees the fuel spot contains crushed coal and adds to that stack even though there is already 5 in the stack. Continuing to do so until the stack is full only then will Factorio finally "fail-over" to the ingredient slot. Factorio prefers the fuel slot over the ingredient slot so I doubt there is anything Angel can do to resolve this without either making crushed coal a non-fuel source or some lua code to forcefully move >5 crushed coal from the fuel source to the ingredient slot. Removing crushed coal as a fuel source is the best option as the other would create too many issues/bugs.

Took some getting used too but I don't really mind it. What's a couple thousand crushed coal is needlessly tied up in a fuel slot to the inf coal I'm pumping into the system?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

credomane wrote:Agreed it isn't normal but I'm assuming it is a side-effect of the fuel and the ingredient to smelt being the same thing.
Burner-chemical furnace in Bobs doesn't fill up with coal for making carbon. It inserts 5-ish coal to fuel slot and rest of coal goes to ingredient slot.

Though I guess this could be due to the fact that it's not a regular furnace.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Ratzap wrote:
mexmer wrote:

No, it's not normal for an inserter to completely fill the fuel bay. Go look at a furnace, it'll have 4 or 5 fuel in it and the inserter puts single pieces in as one is used up.
i see, i missed that point about filling it completely, but i usualy use inserter, that fills it from coal belt, so have not noticed. and for example burner crasher doesn't do what you describe (but then, it has only coal as input, and not crashed coal).
also as @hoho said, same doesn't happen with chemical furnace (in bobs only is used to make carbon from coal and water, and you only need 1 filling inserter, and one output).

might indeed be bug related to "normal" furnace. i suggest feeding it aditional coal from coal belt, like i do.

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

Angel, I think the "Wood From Cellulose" might be bugged. It's giving synthetic wood, not regular wood. (Unless it's supposed to.) I infer it's supposed to give regular wood because the picture shows regular wood and there's a different recipe for synthetic wood.

KnoT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KnoT »

After installing Angel's Smelting (Beta) on 0.14.12

Game works without it

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

KnoT wrote:After installing Angel's Smelting (Beta) on 0.14.12

Game works without it
Ah forgot to change the version number on the petrochem dependency to latest. Update Petrochems and it should work.

TheBard74
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheBard74 »

I just added the Nucular mod to an existing game containing Angel's Refining, and the uranium recipes added by Angel's Refining did not automatically unlock.

I had to run this command manually in order to enable them:

Code: Select all

for _, force in pairs(game.forces) do
    if force.technologies["slag-processing-1"].researched then
        force.recipes["slag-processing-nuc"].enabled = true
    end
    if force.technologies["advanced-ore-refining-3"].researched then
        force.recipes["angelsore-crystal-mix-nuc-processing"].enabled = true
    end
end

mrkoss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrkoss »

Hello!
Using Petrochem with Bob's, some tech dependency issues: Basic Chemistry (50 Red x 15s), which unlocks Electrolyser and Liquifier, for Water Electrolysis recipe demands Purified water, which can be received from Hydroplant, Water Treatment (30 Red + Green, 15s), but Hydroplant needs next tier circuits to craft, Basic electronic boards, from Electronics tech, again Electrolyser needs lower tier circuits, available from the start of the game.

Crios
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Crios »

Hi Angel,
There seems to be a bug with the smelting mod, while running with Bob's. Obviously with it being in Beta these things will occur, but the error involves Silicon Ore. On Bob's side its read as Quartz, but with the smelting mod, it reads it as silicon ore. Currently you cannot process it any further in refining using the new assets as the recipe doesn't recognize Quartz as Silicon. It has an unknown handle compared to the rest of the ores that come through.

Thanks!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mrkoss wrote:Hello!
Using Petrochem with Bob's, some tech dependency issues: Basic Chemistry (50 Red x 15s), which unlocks Electrolyser and Liquifier, for Water Electrolysis recipe demands Purified water, which can be received from Hydroplant, Water Treatment (30 Red + Green, 15s), but Hydroplant needs next tier circuits to craft, Basic electronic boards, from Electronics tech, again Electrolyser needs lower tier circuits, available from the start of the game.
I think that would be an exellent point for the electrolysis recipe with "dirty" water that yields slag as a byproduct, that Aleksey (I think?) suggested.
Crios wrote:Hi Angel,
There seems to be a bug with the smelting mod, while running with Bob's. Obviously with it being in Beta these things will occur, but the error involves Silicon Ore. On Bob's side its read as Quartz, but with the smelting mod, it reads it as silicon ore. Currently you cannot process it any further in refining using the new assets as the recipe doesn't recognize Quartz as Silicon. It has an unknown handle compared to the rest of the ores that come through.

Thanks!
Oh yeah you are right, I did think about changing it from quartz to silica ore, but I changed my mind in the meantime due to compatibility reasons (as you can see) will change that back for the next version.

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

I've noticed that the Advanced Smelting researches do not require their basic research? (eg. Lead Smeling does not require Lead Processing)

Is this a bug or intentional?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

StormTAG wrote:I've noticed that the Advanced Smelting researches do not require their basic research? (eg. Lead Smeling does not require Lead Processing)

Is this a bug or intentional?
is not lead processing from angels processing mod, that is not supposed to be used in 0.14 and with smelting at same time?

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Update to Petro Processing Refining is missing migration for Floatation Waste Water to Yellow Waste Water rename. I've already researched Water Treatment before the rename. Now after the rename the research is still unlocked but the recipe is still treated as locked.

[edit]
Suppose I should give the version :P

angelspetrochem_0.1.15
angelsrefining_0.3.7

[edit2]
Bah. The issue is in angel's refining. I thought it was angelspetrochem...corrected.
Last edited by credomane on Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

updated today and got this error on restart of the game:
Angels 2.png
Angels 2.png (8.1 KiB) Viewed 6123 times
Versions:

Inf. Ores 0.4.2
Petrochem 0.1.15
Refining 0.3.7
Smelting 0.1.1

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

steinio wrote:Hello,

Angels 2.png
Versions:

Inf. Ores 0.4.2
Petrochem 0.1.15
Refining 0.3.7
Smelting 0.1.1

Greetings steinio
Missing block of code in:
prototypes\recipes\bob-water-treatment-entity.lua
Add to end of the file:
code

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Peppe wrote:

Angels 2.png
Versions:

Inf. Ores 0.4.2
Petrochem 0.1.15
Refining 0.3.7
Smelting 0.1.1

Greetings steinio
Add to end of the file:
code
It is in water-treatment-technology in the technology folder. Line 97 change it to

table.insert(data.raw["technology"]["water-treatment"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "yellow-waste-water-purification-yi"})
will upload a fix for that later

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Peppe wrote:

Angels 2.png
Versions:

Inf. Ores 0.4.2
Petrochem 0.1.15
Refining 0.3.7
Smelting 0.1.1

Greetings steinio
Add to end of the file:
code
It is in water-treatment-technology in the technology folder. Line 97 change it to

table.insert(data.raw["technology"]["water-treatment"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "yellow-waste-water-purification-yi"})
will upload a fix for that later
Yi issue resolved in your update.

Was checking out BIO Processing mod. Pretty graphic ;)

Description mentions red algea and artifact stuff -- disabled for now?
-Red Algae: Live of Thermal Water and produce silicate heavy compounds
-Alien Spores: Can be filtered from the air and cultivated in the Algae Farm to further process them to artefacts

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Angelsrefining 0.3.8 is still missing a migration for yellow waste water. Saves that have already researched water treatment before the floatation waste to yellow waste rename do not have access to the new yellow waste water recipes. I mistakenly thought it was the update to petrochem in post p213043.

Migrations is missing the below. My whole purification line is backing up something fierce tonight. :(

if force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched then
		force.recipes["yellow-waste-water-purification"].enabled = true
		force.recipes["angels-water-void-yellow-waste"].enabled = true
	end

Return to “Angels Mods”